Am I the only one rooting for Aegon?

Alyn Oakenfist

I like the kid and he seems like the best chance for peace this world has......................which is why I think he probably wont win. I don't doubt that he'll take the Iron Throne though. Heck him taking the IT is probably what's going to drive Dany insane, but that's just my theory.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:09 PM, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

Well, there is a good chance Aegon is a fake, but if he is, I´m sure he doesn´t know. He believes to be Aegon, and thus he isn´t deliberatly cheating. And it´s highly unlikely he´ll ever learn the truth. So the big philosophical question is "Is it cheating if you don´t know you´re cheating ?"

I'am not sure what "to cheat" exactly means but as for it's Polish equivalent - "to cheat" would mean the same as "to lie" in the aspect of will and consciousness. To lie is to make false statements on purpose. The statement may be false but sincere and then it is not a lie. One cannot lie unconsciously. So if I am right about the meaning of "to cheat" the answer is , of course, no. Aegon is not cheating, he is acting in good faith.

4 minutes ago, Willam Stark said:

I also root for him, since he's near KL and a better option than Cersei. Stannis is far away from KL and will most likely die in the North, Dany is sterile, won't be able to have children and far away as well. 

(F)Aegon has his own problems like many lords north of Red Mountains hate Dornish. There are many lords who gained some lands from lordlings who supported Blackfyres and so those lords should worry that certain lordlings among Gold Company would want those lands back.

Besides his greatest problem is that unless he gains a dragon his military forces are too weak. After all even with full support of Dorne his available military forces are still weaker than what Robb had b4 Red Wedding. So I see (f)Aegon as incarnation of Pyrrhus or he will win some battles but he will never win game of thrones.

Just now, Loose Bolt said:

Besides his greatest problem is that unless he gains a dragon his military forces are too weak. After all even with full support of Dorne his available military forces are still weaker than what Robb had b4 Red Wedding. So I see (f)Aegon as incarnation of Pyrrhus or he will win some battles but he will never win game of thrones.

You forget one thing. Numbers aren't everything. The Golden company is probably the most formidable fighting force in the world. Not only that but since the Red Wedding the Lannister Tyrell forces have vastly dwindled. If Aegon wins Westerosi Agincourt or if the Tyrells turn cloak then he will have an open path towards KL.

1 minute ago, broken one said:
12 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You can thank Arianne for that I think

U think Jon Con won't manage to save Aegon for Dany? The Young Wolf's syndrome.

On the contrary, I think he will support it. I think that given his desperation to win as fast as possible he will encourage Arianne and Aegon for the short term gain, neglecting the long term gain of leaving Aegon open for Dany.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You forget one thing. Numbers aren't everything. The Golden company is probably the most formidable fighting force in the world. Not only that but since the Red Wedding the Lannister Tyrell forces have vastly dwindled. If Aegon wins Westerosi Agincourt or if the Tyrells turn cloak then he will have an open path towards KL.

Golden Company has failed every time when they had invaded Westeros. So I disagree with you how effective force they are.

Besides many bannermen of Tyrells are holding lands that belonged supporters of Blackfyres and so those lordlings would not be very happy if Tyrells would endanger their or their heirs rights to own those lands. Or if Tyrells would turn their cloaks there might be a possibility of rebellion by those lordlings who would lost some of their lands if victorious (f)Aegon would return all lands that supporters of Blackfyres lost.

30 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Moreover, Lannister soldiers have their "Rome" in Lannisport so they wont be so devoted to defend KL (they even sacked it once), just like the Crown Landers may be reluctant to support the lion's candidate on the Iron Throne. The westerosi armies are already tired and demoralised, some time has passed since the red wedding.

14 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Besides many bannermen of Tyrells are holding lands that belonged supporters of Blackfyres and so those lordlings would not be very happy if Tyrells would endanger their or their heirs rights to own those lands. Or if Tyrells would turn their cloaks there might be a possibility of rebellion by those lordlings who would lost some of their lands if victorious (f)Aegon would return all lands that supporters of Blackfyres lost.

In every war losers were deprived of land by the winners. They may take Aegons side just to avoid it. There should be enough land after the war to share. The mercenaries never seen their ancestral lands so it should not make much difference to them. 

10 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Golden Company has failed every time when they had invaded Westeros. So I disagree with you how effective force they are.

They only invaded 2 other times and each time they faced a united Westeros. Current Westeros is anything but.

13 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

I think aegon will be proclaimed a saviour. Especially after Cerseis reign of terror. Later down the road the women is bound to do another stupid thing.

I don't see any later down the road. Cersei will probably fuck things up in her own personal way. By the middle of TWOW I predict Aegon will already be King, and trying to mend the realm, at least until Dany comes knocking.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I don't see any later down the road. Cersei will probably fuck things up in her own personal way. By the middle of TWOW I predict Aegon will already be King, and trying to mend the realm, at least until Dany comes knocking.

Oh yeah, her numerous attempts to get other powerful people killed and her arming of the faith won’t be the last dumb thing she does.

Cersei still has one last card to play. One last act to seal her great schemes, so Tywin can roll on his grave one last time.

2 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

Cersei still has one last card to play. One last act to seal her great schemes, so Tywin can roll on his grave one last time.

My money is either doing something horribly stupid concerning Gregor or maybe more of the undead, or just plain and simply wildfire. Or maybe both.

Archived