U.S. Politics: That's too bad for Carrots

Mr. Chatywin et al.

6 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Bernie world seethes over Tanden as OMB nominee
To former Sanders staffers and allies, Tanden is one of the Democratic elites who helped sink his 2016 campaign behind the scenes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/bernie-supporters-seethes-neootera-tanden-441603

Neither Bernie, nor his former staffers, get a veto over Biden's nominees. When I look at Biden's roll out of his economic team, I see people who should be welcomed by the left. That Tanden waged on line wars with the worst of Sanders's "Bernie or Bust" followers is an old fact, but most of the time she was right. The sectarianism of a section of Sanders's camp was, and is, well beyond reason. I'm sure she may have also said some things she shouldn't have. But Bernie's folks, the small minority of which still want to fight 2016 all over again to the detriment of all, have to decide which side they are on. Are they going to try sabotage Tanden by joining with the far right only to satisfy their old wounds, or are they going to grow up and realize that a broad coalition capable of real change needs people who don't all agree with them, and even some people who they don't like. Tanden stays a nominee, now that she is announced. These folks need to get over it.

I would bet quite a lot Sanders himself votes for Tanden.

46 minutes ago, SFDanny said:

These folks need to get over it.

I would bet quite a lot Sanders himself votes for Tanden.

There are three things that are pretty good signs Tanden is a good choice:

-Warren endorses the pick

-Sanders uberfans hate it

-Republicans hate it

30 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

There are three things that are pretty good signs Tanden is a good choice:

-Warren endorses the pick

-Sanders uberfans hate it

-Republicans hate it

I agree with all three. The people of this country just did a marvelous and brave thing. Eighty million of us put our differences aside and rose up during a pandemic and economic collapse to kick out a corrupt, evil little wannabe dictator and his enablers from the White House. I hope we can continue to put our differences aside and remember that lesson. If we do, many good things are possible.

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

quite otherwise.  what world do you live in?  Obvs not within the USA about which you keep posting and wrong on every point.

Ha ha! You fell for it! Dropping negatively means rising. Never mind, someone was bound to miss the fake out.

8 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

Yeah, that was the point I made, that he's been floating around Republican cabinet members since at least October. To act like this speculation about republican AG is baseless and came out of the blue isn't accurate. Who knows if he'll pick one, but when some posters try to shut down these things as baseless speculation, I've got to point out they're not baseless.

This is ridiculous speculation that reads almost exactly like your bullshit about how Biden was going to pick Clinton as his VP. Only this time, it wasn't even spurred by something like an op ed by an obvious Republican hack, but a misheard comment.

Senator Warner was on CNBC this morning talking about the attempt the group called the problem fixers is making to get some kind of stimulus bill done. It’s not going to be what the Democrats wanted but he says Republicans agree $500 M is not going to cut it either.

He was asked about opposition to Tanden and said Rob Portman being ‘shocked at the tweets I was shown over the last 24hours’ was not a comment any person who didn’t complain about tweets for four years should be making.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/politics/joe-digenova-attorney-trump-campaign-chris-krebs-violence/index.html

An attorney for the Trump campaign on Monday issued a call for violence against Chris Krebs, a former cybersecurity official who was unceremoniously ousted from his post by President Donald Trump after he rejected the President's unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.

Joe diGenova, an attorney for Trump's campaign, said during an appearance on "The Howie Carr Show": "Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity. That guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot."

5 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/politics/joe-digenova-attorney-trump-campaign-chris-krebs-violence/index.html

An attorney for the Trump campaign on Monday issued a call for violence against Chris Krebs, a former cybersecurity official who was unceremoniously ousted from his post by President Donald Trump after he rejected the President's unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.

Joe diGenova, an attorney for Trump's campaign, said during an appearance on "The Howie Carr Show": "Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity. That guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot."

DiGenova and his wife are armpit-deep in Ukrainian shenanigans. I don't know if they should be drawn and quartered, but they should at least be beaten around the head and shoulders by outraged Italian grandmothers with wooden spoons.

10 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I know it's like expecting a time travel story not to run into time paradoxes. But maybe one day there will be a conspiracy theory that is at least internally consistent, even though completely unhinged from reality.

Ok, here we go. I probably should start a thread about create your own conspiracy adventure.

Ran and the other mods are all preppers. They have bought a secret farm somewhere in Sweden and prepare for day X. How did they get the cash the to buy this farm and livestock you ask?

They are stealing letters and even full (only the best ) from posts and sell them to wheel of fortune.

So every time, you see a missing letter or in a post of mine. Now you know the truth.

29 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ok, here we go. I probably should start a thread about create your own conspiracy adventure.

Ran and the other mods are all preppers. They have bought a secret farm somewhere in Sweden and prepare for day X. How did they get the cash the to buy this farm and livestock you ask?

They are stealing letters and even full (only the best ) from posts and sell them to wheel of fortune.

So every time, you see a missing letter or in a post of mine. Now you know the truth.

No, no, no you fool. It goes much deeper than that. Xray, using her journalism connections, has been stealing our hot takes from the sports and politics threads and is selling them to hacks for a profit. Meanwhile, Mormont is running guns in Scotland because he has the right to bear arms. And Helena has been running an underground sex cult in England to recruit slaves for Ran’s Swedish underground lair.

It’s all right there in the open.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

He was asked about opposition to Tanden and said Rob Portman being ‘shocked at the tweets I was shown over the last 24hours’ was not a comment any person who didn’t complain about tweets for four years should be making.

Yeah it's really fucking hilarious seeing these GOP Senators actually going on record whining about her being mean to them on twitter as the reason they're gonna block her nomination.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

You don’t know about the secret BwB lair in the Swedish hills?

I always assumed y'all just used the Eagle's Nest.  Or the Wolf's Lair when Ran doesn't wanna schlep.

Time to take out the trash.

Dr. Scott Atlas resigns from Trump administration

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/politics/scott-atlas-resigns-trump-administration-coronavirus-task-force/index.html

Following those remarks, Stanford University distanced itself from Atlas, who is a senior fellow at the school's Hoover Institution. A group of faculty members at the university celebrated his resignation from the Trump administration on Monday, saying in a statement that it's "long overdue and underscores the triumph of science and truth over falsehoods and misinformation."
"His actions have undermined and threatened public health even as countless lives have been lost to Covid-19," the faculty wrote.

1 minute ago, Martell Spy said:

Time to take out the trash.

Dr. Scott Atlas resigns from Trump administration

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/30/politics/scott-atlas-resigns-trump-administration-coronavirus-task-force/index.html

Hey, hey! I reported that last night! They were pretty sarcastic about him last night on CNN. They said something about a “130 day window” which I didn’t understand, maybe DMC or Fez can explain.

Archived