The rulership genius of Cersei Lannister

Alyn Oakenfist

1 hour ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Cersei's decisions are so stupid and so petty that I think she's more similar to Aegon the Unlikely than to Aerys II. The way she views herself as a genius ruler while doing all these catastophic and retarded decisions is pure comedy. 

Aegon the Unworthy instead and she is way worse.

2 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I would have murdered little finger and harry the heir and annexed the vale and the riverlands as direct lands of crown. This will solve many problems. When aegon and job connington arrive they would have found a strong realm. Thus I would have fixed cersei's mistakes. 

They would have found your head on a spike instead.

As Cersei, you wouldn't have the manpower to do all the crazy moves you've mentioned, you would only give a reason to the Valemen and Reachmen to rebel and bring you fire and steel.

Varys would be proud of you.

11 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

2) The plan isn't to openly kill trystane and celebrate it. It's to kill trystane and make the martells believe tyrion did it. While the act is despicable I think it's kind of smart. It prevents the martells from allying with tyrion and frees her daughter.

Myrcella was the bribe to keep the otherwise hostile Martells from siding with anyone against the Lannisters. How is removing that bribe helpful? Even if they believe Tyrion killed Trystane, won't the Martells demand Myrcella's return as soon as she shows up again in Kings Landing?

11 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

3) At this stage sparrows are not that big of a threat.

At this stage? You mean like in the next 10 minutes? Exactly how far into the future does one need to look in order to see how big a problem the sparrows will be?

8 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

They would have found your head on a spike instead.

As Cersei, you wouldn't have the manpower to do all the crazy moves you've mentioned, you would only give a reason to the Valemen and Reachmen to rebel and bring you fire and steel.

Varys would be proud of you.

Didn't I fix crazy cersei's mistakes and annex the reach and the vale. I poisoned the tyrells and little finger. 

Another thing cersei should have done was to promise tommen's hand in marriage to joy hill. She's loyal to cersei. As for dorne, she shouldn't have killed trystane she should have poisoned doran, arianne, quentyn and the sand snakes. This would have made trystane prince and myrcella princess of dorne. And annexed dorne under direct rule of rule, reach as well. As for the North after she found sansa she should have murdered the boltons married sansa to a loyal Lannister (Martyn?) and annexed the North. Same with asha and iron islands. Reinstate aegon v's reforms as well then the smallfolk would have been on her side. She should have used the gold from highgarden to send a faceless man to kill dany.This way she would have solved all her mistakes. But she didn't do this and faced the consequences

54 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Another thing cersei should have done was to promise tommen's hand in marriage to joy hill

How exactly would this happen? Tommen was already betrothed to Margaery. Are you suggesting she should have broken that betrothal? You think that's a good idea to do to the daughter of the most powerful lord in Westeros? This would have resulted in retribution so massive and devastating that it'd make the Red Wedding look peaceful. 

As for dorne, she shouldn't have killed trystane she should have poisoned doran, arianne, quentyn and the sand snakes

How is she going to do this, exactly? Not only are all of these characters in different places, but Cersei has no allies in Dorne except for the two Kingsguard that go there, but even they aren't in the position to poison anyone.

This would have made trystane prince and myrcella princess of dorne

If the entire Martell family except Trystanne were all suddenly killed by poison, it'd be the most obvious assassination plot in history, and every single person in Dorne would rightly suspect Cersei Lannister of being behind it, and they'd rebel. Dorne was on the brink of rebelling when Oberyn Martell was killed because of his own stupidity in a fight that he wanted - what do you imagine the Dornish will do when most of the royal family is murdered? Every single man, woman and child would pick up their weapons and march into the Reach, and when Aegon and Connington land in the stormlands, they'd give them the full support of the Dornish lords.

And annexed dorne under direct rule of rule, reach as well

The Targaryens couldn't do this with dragons. How could Cersei do it without even an army?

As for the North after she found sansa

"After she found Sansa". You make it sound like this wouldn't be difficult. Even the great lords around her in the Vale don't even know that Alayne is Sansa Stark. How is someone as stupid as Cersei going to find out?

murdered the boltons

How? She has no army, and the Boltons are thousands of kilometres away. 

married sansa to a loyal Lannister (Martyn?)

She can't marry Sansa to anyone, since Sansa's marriage to Tyrion is still valid, and it can't be annulled without the approval of the High Septon who for obvious reasons will not do Cersei that favour. You know, because of the whole incest and adultery thing?

and annexed the North

How? 

Same with asha and iron islands

How?

Reinstate aegon v's reforms as well then the smallfolk would have been on her side

Cersei has open contempt for the smallfolk, though. She doesn't care about whether they like her or not, just like Tywin didn't.

She should have used the gold from highgarden to send a faceless man to kill dany

How would she take Highgarden, or any part of the Reach? Not only does she not have an army, but even if she had every single westerlands lord and soldier at her command, it still wouldn't be nearly enough to defeat the Tyrells. Also, Cersei doesn't even believe the rumours about Daenerys and the dragons, so why would she waste all of that wealth on a Faceless Man?

But she didn't do this and faced the consequences

The things you suggest she should have done are all impossible. It isn't her fault for not magically conquering every single part of Westeros despite having no army.

1 hour ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

How exactly would this happen? Tommen was already betrothed to Margaery. Are you suggesting she should have broken that betrothal? You think that's a good idea to do to the daughter of the most powerful lord in Westeros? This would have resulted in retribution so massive and devastating that it'd make the Red Wedding look peaceful. 

How is she going to do this, exactly? Not only are all of these characters in different places, but Cersei has no allies in Dorne except for the two Kingsguard that go there, but even they aren't in the position to poison anyone.

If the entire Martell family except Trystanne were all suddenly killed by poison, it'd be the most obvious assassination plot in history, and every single person in Dorne would rightly suspect Cersei Lannister of being behind it, and they'd rebel. Dorne was on the brink of rebelling when Oberyn Martell was killed because of his own stupidity in a fight that he wanted - what do you imagine the Dornish will do when most of the royal family is murdered? Every single man, woman and child would pick up their weapons and march into the Reach, and when Aegon and Connington land in the stormlands, they'd give them the full support of the Dornish lords.

The Targaryens couldn't do this with dragons. How could Cersei do it without even an army?

"After she found Sansa". You make it sound like this wouldn't be difficult. Even the great lords around her in the Vale don't even know that Alayne is Sansa Stark. How is someone as stupid as Cersei going to find out?

How? She has no army, and the Boltons are thousands of kilometres away. 

She can't marry Sansa to anyone, since Sansa's marriage to Tyrion is still valid, and it can't be annulled without the approval of the High Septon who for obvious reasons will not do Cersei that favour. You know, because of the whole incest and adultery thing?

How? 

How?

Cersei has open contempt for the smallfolk, though. She doesn't care about whether they like her or not, just like Tywin didn't.

How would she take Highgarden, or any part of the Reach? Not only does she not have an army, but even if she had every single westerlands lord and soldier at her command, it still wouldn't be nearly enough to defeat the Tyrells. Also, Cersei doesn't even believe the rumours about Daenerys and the dragons, so why would she waste all of that wealth on a Faceless Man?

The things you suggest she should have done are all impossible. It isn't her fault for not magically conquering every single part of Westeros despite having no army.

I believe I already told what cersei should have done with the tyrells. I'll explain it again

If I was cersei I would done things like this, Show tommen how the realm is governed but don't give him power. Reinstate the faith militant, have them arrest Margaery and the kill the high septon. I wouldn't have osney kill the high septon I would have personally gone to the sept disguised of course and murdered the sexist pig myself. Then have my man raynard eleceted high septon, have him comdem Margaery but spare her an execution since I'm against killing innocents. Then in the next few months I would have poisoned mace, olenna, willias and garlan (loras dying at dragonstone). Then I would have replaced the tyrells with the tarlys. Randyll tarly's wife is a florent so I would have gotten the florents too. Since randyll is unmanageable I would have murdered him and married Margaery to dickon and ruled the reach till he came of age. 

I would have murdered little finger and harry the heir and annexed the vale and the riverlands as direct lands of crown. This will solve many problems. When aegon and jon connington arrive they would have found a strong realm. Thus I would have fixed cersei's mistakes. 

10 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

Aegon the Unworthy instead and she is way worse.

Ah my mistake, I wanted to say Aegon IV and must have put the Unlikely during a moment of distraction. 

And indeed Aegon IV was controlled only by his petty instinct and wishes but even he didn't sabotage himself and the realm as quickly and stupidely as Cersei, it really took the end of his life with him naturalizing all of his bastards and encouraging the rumors of Daeron not being his legitimate son and heir for him to do damages as comparable as what Cersei did in months. 

13 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I believe I already told what cersei should have done with the tyrells. I'll explain it again

If I was cersei I would done things like this, Show tommen how the realm is governed but don't give him power. Reinstate the faith militant, have them arrest Margaery and the kill the high septon. I wouldn't have osney kill the high septon I would have personally gone to the sept disguised of course and murdered the sexist pig myself. Then have my man raynard eleceted high septon, have him comdem Margaery but spare her an execution since I'm against killing innocents. Then in the next few months I would have poisoned mace, olenna, willias and garlan (loras dying at dragonstone). Then I would have replaced the tyrells with the tarlys. Randyll tarly's wife is a florent so I would have gotten the florents too. Since randyll is unmanageable I would have murdered him and married Margaery to dickon and ruled the reach till he came of age. 

I would have murdered little finger and harry the heir and annexed the vale and the riverlands as direct lands of crown. This will solve many problems. When aegon and jon connington arrive they would have found a strong realm. Thus I would have fixed cersei's mistakes. 

The problem is you keep saying so casually "poison this person" or "kill that person", as if it's really easy and won't have any consequences. That has never, even been the case with Cersei.

5 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Didn't I fix crazy cersei's mistakes and annex the reach and the vale. I poisoned the tyrells and little finger. 

Another thing cersei should have done was to promise tommen's hand in marriage to joy hill. She's loyal to cersei. As for dorne, she shouldn't have killed trystane she should have poisoned doran, arianne, quentyn and the sand snakes. This would have made trystane prince and myrcella princess of dorne. And annexed dorne under direct rule of rule, reach as well. As for the North after she found sansa she should have murdered the boltons married sansa to a loyal Lannister (Martyn?) and annexed the North. Same with asha and iron islands. Reinstate aegon v's reforms as well then the smallfolk would have been on her side. She should have used the gold from highgarden to send a faceless man to kill dany.This way she would have solved all her mistakes. But she didn't do this and faced the consequences

with no man nor allies you would have teleported to different religions to poison/kill them all by yourself because somehow when you acquired teleport skills you also learned how to kill people who are protected by their armies and castles and guards, I guess.  and no one would have suspected since no one has brains in the 7 kingdoms I suppose. 

that's the only way your-Cersei plan works!

15 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Nope, you've made even worse decisions than Cersei, let's review your "great ideas", point by point.

13 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Show tommen how the realm is governed but don't give him power.

He didn't have power at this stage, nothing changes.

Reinstate the faith militant, have them arrest Margaery and the kill the high septon. I wouldn't have osney kill the high septon I would have personally gone to the sept disguised of course and murdered the sexist pig myself.

We are not in the show, the High Sparrow is not alone and has guards so if you do that, they would kill you on spot and your reign ends here.

Game over.

Then have my man raynard eleceted high septon

Hello dead queen, your murder has made the High Sparrow a martyr, the Sparrows are more fanatical than ever and they choose an other fanatic as High Septon and the Small Council can't do anything about it.

have him comdem Margaery

There is no evidence against her, she would have been quickly cleared.

Then in the next few months I would have poisoned mace,

You would be long dead after what you did before, but let's bring you back to life. In this new timeline, you didn't try to frame Margaery for adultery nor killed the High Sparrow, it's the only way to keep you alive. To poison him you need poison and it's not easy to find, since you didn't bother to chose a specific poison let's say Pycelle or Qyburn give you one with a quick effect. The Tyrells won't let it slide and start investigating, it's just a matter of time before they found out that you're the poisoner. You've have forgotten that there is a part of the Tyrell's host at KL, so they will come for your head when they'll found out. Game over.

olenna, willias and garlan

You cannot reach them, they are at Highgarden and you don't have support there.

Then I would have replaced the tyrells with the tarlys.

Again we are not in the show, the Tyrells have cadets branches and you are not in position to do that, war isn't over and they are more powerful than you, politically and militarily.

13 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

Randyll tarly's wife is a florent so I would have gotten the florents too.

Randyll Tarly is ambitious but not stupid, he has nothing to win by supporting you since you can't give him the Reach with your current resources.

Since randyll is unmanageable I would have murdered him and married Margaery to dickon and ruled the reach till he came of age. 

You don't get to choose who Margaery will marry, only Lord Tyrell can and if you kill Randyll Tarly without reason he won't support you and take your head to appease the Tarly's anger, because they will rebel, have a good reason to do so and he has to support them as their liege lord.

I would have murdered little finger and harry the heir and annexed the vale and the riverlands as direct lands of crown.

You cannot reach Littlefinger and Harry the heir either, Lysa didn't flee to the Vale for nothing. Moreover, it is Jaime who commands the Westerlands and Crownlands hosts, not you and he's not stupid enough to attack the Reach or the Vale with a weakened army. They would wipe them out and he knows it very well. He would be mad at you for cheating on him, and burn your letter, so you'll be all alone.

You don't think about the consequences of your actions, let your emotions rule you, don't take into account the resources at your disposal and those of your opponents. No doubt, you are a wonderful Cersei, I would even say a Super Cersei and it would lead you to an early grave, fAegon wouldn't need to fight for the Throne since you would almost offer it to him. 

On 11/3/2021 at 5:24 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

...are you taking the piss? I honestly can't tell. The idea the Cersei, who is untrained and inexperienced, could personally go murder a protected High Septon is so profoundly silly that I cannot help but think you are trolling.

Cersei should just annex Dorne and Highgarden and the North and the freaking moon, because why not, right? She clearly has superhuman powers if she can pull all this off. I'm sure those Martians would just bow down and accept this ruler. She's basically one of the Gods now, don't you know?

29 minutes ago, Ivashanko said:

...are you taking the piss? I honestly can't tell. The idea the Cersei, who is untrained and inexperienced, should personally go murder a protected High Septon is quite possibly so profoundly silly that I cannot help but think you are trolling us.

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that @Daenerysthegreat has been trolling in this thread.

Archived