The rulership genius of Cersei Lannister

Alyn Oakenfist

1 hour ago, Groo said:

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that @Daenerysthegreat has been trolling in this thread.

I don't know. She's participated in some interesting conversations. Some of her opinions though, yeah seem way out there and there seems to be a language barrier that erodes context. Maybe I err on the side of giving people the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming malicious intent.

19 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Some of her opinions though, yeah seem way out there and there seems to be a language barrier that erodes context.

English is not her native language indeed, but she clearly has a sufficient level to express herself properly, this explanation doesn't hold.

I do think she really means what she said, but it's her problem, not ours.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:06 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

There should be a similar thread about how great of a king Joffrey was.

There's a YouTube video based on the show titled What if Joffrey was the hero. Takes all his clips out of context with some clever editing for humorous effect. 

2 hours ago, Groo said:

I've come to the reluctant conclusion that @Daenerysthegreat has been trolling in this thread.

And same here. 

1 hour ago, the Other Wolf said:

It's not just this thread.

She figured out that peasants armed with pitchforks can't beat armored knights, when the comment was intended as a joke and/or sarcasm. :eek:

20 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

There's a YouTube video based on the show titled What if Joffrey was the hero. Takes all his clips out of context with some clever editing for humorous effect. 

I'll have to check that out. Joffrey being a hero is almost as ridiculous as Cersei being nice or wise. 

Back on topic: I honestly do not see how anyone can claim Cersei is their favorite and/or smart. She clearly isn't. 

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

I don't know. She's participated in some interesting conversations. Some of her opinions though, yeah seem way out there and there seems to be a language barrier that erodes context. Maybe I err on the side of giving people the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming malicious intent.

I was limiting my comment to this thread. I did not intend it as a blanket statement. Trolling is a verb. It's an action that anyone can be guilty of at times. It takes a lot of trolling before I would turn it into a noun and call someone a troll.

6 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

So now giving your opinions is considered trolling.I really don’t understand people on this forum if someone doesn’t agree with them that person automatically becomes a troll in their eyes.

If you were honestly just giving your opinion then I, of course, apologize. A number of people agreed with my comment. That does not prove you were trolling in this discussion but it does mean it came across that way to some. If I may offer some feedback, it isn't general disagreement that produced that reaction, at least not for me. It was the seeming dynamic of whenever someone had a strong reaction to something you said that your response would include some fresh new statements that were even more "controversial". You might not have intended it but that pattern is right out of the trolling handbook. Again, if you were just giving your honest opinions then I sincerely apologize and offer these comments in the spirit of constructive criticism.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 5:30 PM, Arthur Peres said:

Tywin was lucky to die without seeing this,,, imagine if he had stayed in a situation like Hoster Tully, incapable to rule, forced to watch their sucessor f#ck everything that he worked for.

Though it would have been very satisfying to watch. 

I wish at least that we'll get to see Tyrion's reaction upon learning about his sweet sister's genius decisions, especially the recreation of the Faith Militant, Tyrion will surely say some of best and funniest wit he has ever produced.

4 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

I wish at least that we'll get to see Tyrion's reaction upon learning about his sweet sister's genius decisions, especially the recreation of the Faith Militant, Tyrion will surely say some of best and funniest wit he has ever produced.

Agreed, everything Tyrion is predicting is happening. I think this is one of the primary reasons he'll become Hand as opposed to Barristan.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:08 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

For sure it would... can you imagine a POV from Tywin in such a state? worth gold.

On 12/2/2021 at 9:08 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

This will probably happen, after the Mereen battle(if GRRM ever finishes that book).

On 11/28/2020 at 2:41 PM, Angel Eyes said:
On 11/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, Arthur Peres said:

Well Doran is weak, pathetic and useless, just imagine what mayhem Oberyn would have done at the end of AGoT or at the start of ACoK, if he was the prince of Dorne... It was the moment that the Lannisters were more vulnerable.

He was stupid to betroth Arianne to Viserys. At least Ned gets some of a pass since he wasn’t aware of what Joffrey was like...

On 11/30/2020 at 11:50 PM, Angel Eyes said:
On 11/28/2020 at 5:41 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Gods, Catelyn, Sansa is only eleven," Ned said. "And Joffrey … Joffrey is …"

She finished for him. "… crown prince, and heir to the Iron Throne. And I was only twelve when my father promised me to your brother Brandon."

Suggests to me Ned had heard the tales. Pregnant cat... 

Geez, forgot about that. And Catelyn decided to brush that off...

I understood that scene more as Ned simply not liking Joffrey's attitude. You know, sneering at everone and everything he comes across, mocking Robb in the training yard and being an all around arrogant little twit. 

Cersei is one of those people who thinks themselves to be extremely smart despite of being extremely uninformed/stupid. Cersei has taken Tywin's nonsense about lions not concerning themselves with opinions of sheep too seriously. Her upbringing was probably the source of her hubris and behavior. Having such a person in a position of absolute power is a recipe for disaster, which is what happened.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So I did a thread a while back about Dany's mistakes as a ruler. However in terms fo bad rulership, Dany has nothing on the genius that is Cersei. For the purposes of not spending an hour writing this, I'll limit myself to AFFC and ADWD. Because even so there are countless, I'm breaking them off by chapters

Cersei I

- Cersei's first chapter focuses on the immediate aftermath of Tywin's death. Instead of trying to see exactly how he was murdered, who helped Tyrion and who is innocent, Cersei uses most of her time destroying evidence, from killing the sleeping guards, to removing Shae's body, because what evidence could there be on a dead body, and removing the quarrel from the body. Good way to start.

- When treating Tywin's corpse he makes not Pycelle, the Grandmaester, but Qyburn treat the body, a chainless master kicked out of the Citadel. Good way to start your reign, openly insulting a member of the Small Council and one of the most powerful institutions on the land.

- Next she immediately asks Jaime to be her hand, a man despised by most of Westeros, with no skill or experience in rulership. All this in public, resulting in him openly scorning her. All great ideas Cersei. And all this is in just her first chapter. The only sane thing she does in it is realize that Varys not spawning in at the scene of the crime is pretty suspicious.

Cersei X

- Finally after the Faith have arrested Margery, adn she knows they have Lancel she decides the obvious best course of actions. She goes to teh Sept after Margery. What can go wrong? Ah yes, everything?

And so her reign comes to an end as all her idiocies unravel around her, from Aurane to the Faith. Given that she will return to power in TWOW, all I can say is, Gods save King's Landing, for no one else can.

You can also include her scheming to make Jaime a knight of the Kingsguard, that was a really nice debut to her political career and a foreshadowing of what her ruling and scheming career would be as an adult, lol.

Archived