The Mandalorian

RumHam

Most of it was good, for once I was the one unable to turn off my brain so I was really irritated that

Spoiler

he didnt pick his jetpack back up immediately. Why run back up when you could have done that??

Argh.

Spoiler

Bit brave to blow up the Razor Crest when Hasbro have just launched a ludicrously expensive model version of it. Although I guess there's a good chance we end the season with the Razor Crest-A showing up.

Also, Boba Fett! After thirty years, his post-RotJ survival is finally canon.

Great action in this episode, but I think it was the shortest of the season, if not the show. 

Spoiler

They certainly went out of their way to show everyone that yes, Boba Fett is a badass.

2 hours ago, karaddin said:

Most of it was good, for once I was the one unable to turn off my brain so I was really irritated that

Reveal hidden contents

he didnt pick his jetpack back up immediately. Why run back up when you could have done that??

I screamed at the TV, too, about that.

Of course, this is how Mando gets on a path

Spoiler

to re-intersect with Bo-Katan. Big team up for the finale is very likely.

And I have a feeling every last Jedi in the galaxy heard Grogu's signal, but who will come, if any? Ahsoka again, likely, but Ezra, Luke, others?

31 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Great action in this episode, but I think it was the shortest of the season, if not the show. 

Hide contents

And I have a feeling every last Jedi in the galaxy heard Grogu's signal, but who will come, if any? Ahsoka again, likely, but Ezra, Luke, others?

Spoiler

Leia.

That is, if the child survives. has anyone considered that they kind of have to get rid of him at some point? Either that or he dies when Ben Solo destroys Lukes Jedi academy.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Argh.

Hide contents

Bit brave to blow up the Razor Crest when Hasbro have just launched a ludicrously expensive model version of it. Although I guess there's a good chance we end the season with the Razor Crest-A showing up.

Also, Boba Fett! After thirty years, his post-RotJ survival is finally canon.

I'm not too worried about it.

How many times have they blown up the Enterprise in Star Trek? Heck nearly every main ship in Star Trek has been blown up at least once.

58 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Of course, this is how Mando gets on a path

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine this:

Spoiler

In the final standoff with Gideon a New Republic cruiser arrives and the voice of Mark Hamill goes "This is Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the new Jedi Order to all Imperial ships: Surrender and hand over the child. This war is over and has been for a long time!"

In regards to the episode:

Spoiler

This really looked and felt like a fanfilm I must say. Just some guys blasting stormtroopers in the mountains. At least these ones tried to give something of a proper fight, but it's odd how they came in waves and they still acted really dumb when they didn't get out of the way of the boulder or just walked up to the protagonists and get murdered as if they didn't see them at all. Also a bit sad that the Dark Troopers didn't do shit. I imagine the episode would have been a lot cooler if one of them accompanied the stormtroopers and gave Mando and the lady trouble until Fett joins the fight. They didn't look at all in a pinch.

Speaking of Fett... is it just me or does he act very out of character? I know, his last appearance where he was actually a speaking character was when he was a kid in Clone Wars, but there and later on I always regarded him as a jackass who is only out for himself. I don't think he would give a shit about Mando, especially after he refused to give him his armor when he asked. Or why he would fight Imperials when Vader used to be his best employer. The stormtroopers even called out to them that they don't have trouble with them (which... in itself was an odd thing to say after the Imperials were attacked first).

Also... Fett saying the Empire is back when he saw that puny cruiser was oddly funny. I would have expected him to rather go "Oh now that's cute, they think they have a navy now!"

Fennec and Fett's "protect the child, we have a deal" attitude seemed odd. Mando never actually agreed to the deal, did he?

Couldn't they have just seen that he didn't have the fett armor on him and gone to his ship? He left the door open. 

I dunno my impression of these two people is that they should be slightly more evil than they're presented as. 

Also Fett has his ship but not a blaster? he has to kill people with a stick? 

Stormtroopers are so much more accurate when their shots are ineffectual

I do love that Boba has a dad bod.

4 minutes ago, Toth said:

Imagine this:

Hide contents

In the final standoff with Gideon a New Republic cruiser arrives and the voice of Mark Hamill goes "This is Luke Skywalker, Grand Master of the new Jedi Order to all Imperial ships: Surrender and hand over the child. This war is over and has been for a long time!"

Hide contents

This really looked and felt like a fanfilm I must say. Just some guys blasting stormtroopers in the mountains. At least these ones tried to give something of a proper fight, but it's odd how they came in waves and they still acted really dumb when they didn't get out of the way of the boulder or just walked up to the protagonists and get murdered as if they didn't see them at all. Also a bit sad that the Dark Troopers didn't do shit. I imagine the episode would have been a lot cooler if one of them accompanied the stormtroopers and gave Mando and the lady trouble until Fett joins the fight. They didn't look at all in a pinch.

Speaking of Fett... is it just me or does he act very out of character? I know, his last appearance where he was actually a speaking character was when he was a kid in Clone Wars, but there and later on I always regarded him as a jackass who is only out for himself. I don't think he would give a shit about Mando, especially after he refused to give him his armor when he asked. Or why he would fight Imperials when Vader used to be his best employer. The stormtroopers even called out to them that they don't have trouble with them (which... in itself was an odd thing to say after the Imperials were attacked first).

Also... Fett saying the Empire is back when he saw that puny cruiser was oddly funny. I would have expected him to rather go "Oh now that's cute, they think they have a navy now!"

Spoiler

Well I imagine getting eaten by a Sarlacc, managing to crawl your way out of it, and having to survive in harsh conditions could really dampen one's assholness. 

46 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So Tython

Hide contents

is not in the Deep Core as in the EU, but in the Outer Rim. I honestly didn't expect them to go to the Deep Core, that probably would have implied a heavier involvement of the New Republic.

Spoiler

Wait, Tython used to be in the Deep Core? Huh... that seems to be an odd choice iof placement for a planet that was always supposed to be long abandoned, obscure and far away from populated space.

Also why is this in spoilers, it contains barely anything about the episode?^^

13 minutes ago, Toth said:
  Hide contents

Wait, Tython used to be in the Deep Core? Huh... that seems to be an odd choice iof placement for a planet that was always supposed to be long abandoned, obscure and far away from populated space.

Also why is this in spoilers, it contains barely anything about the episode?^^

The Deep Core isn't that populated because of the high density of stars, and difficulty navigating through it.

5 hours ago, Toth said:

Imagine this:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Vader wasn't his best employer. Regardless I think that's all there is of him in movies and tv shows, I think there is a comic of him learning the craft from Cad Bane; but other than that everything Fett comes from the old EU.  Old EU he was very into Mandorian stuff (he becomes Mandalore) but as to being a jackass not really.  He's always portrayed in old eu as being all business all the time.  Doesn't matter who is paying him as long as he's paid sort of thing, and doesn't welsh on contracts.

Archived