The Mandalorian

RumHam

39 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Perhaps, although I would still prefer to take that risk instead of  

Hide contents

Boba getting killed in one of the remaining episodes by fully active Dark Troopers just to showcase how menacing they are. It's one of the most lazy storytelling devices and retroactively cheapens the characters (be they villains or heroes) that are subjugated to that treatment.

I guess Fet could teach Mando a thing or to about hand to hand combat based on what we saw the last episode. Quite useful when you know that Beskar spear is going to be the weapon Mando's is going to use to defeat the big bad of the season. He's also the son of a foundling, which means he understands the relationship Grogu and Mando have better than any character we know. I think there could be potential there for a few episodes together before them moving in separate directions. 

Spoiler

They won't kill Boba. They'll send him off to make other appearances down the line.  For good or ill. 

But they cannot keep him on the show or he becomes the show because so very many SW fanbois! are so effing stupid...

Having Bo Katan or even Ahsoka appear in this show? Well that's Filoni playing with his own toys...but Boba Fett? Send him away...then bring an old Rex back and let Mando get confused by all of that...

Are we still using spoiler tags? Sigh. 

I think it would be cool if Boba is pretending to be honorable but really wants to kidnap Baby Yoda in the end to trade back to Empire for reward. 

It was a deeply satisfying episode. I’ve never been a Boba fan but even I gave a little cheer when he got his armor back. 

Agree with many of the flaws and gripes people have pointed out. Two episodes left? One to gather the full team and one for the rescue?

Spoiler

Okay... also, after going through the wreckage of his ship, Mando finds the little gear shift ball that Grogu loves (of course he finds it), then he digs up that Beskar spear and states, "This is the only thing that survived..." and I guffawed a little...

Echoing the general feeling that this was an episode ruled more by cool and the needs of the plot rather than anything approaching reasonable sense/tactics/logic. Still a lot of fun of course but it's especially glaring here and I wish a little effort had been put into masking some of these things. On that note:

Spoiler

I have to wonder why at the end of the episode his plan is to ask his acquaintance who now works for the New Republic to help him break someone out of NR jail rather than maybe call in a squadron of X-Wings or whatever to have a word with this Empire dude who's out here flying around in a cruiser kidnapping a jedi child, building bases, and doing all sorts of other nefarious stuff. I'm not hugely up on my deep lore of Star Wars but the FTL from the movies and the various shows seems to be pretty incredible for getting from known place to known place - the trip from the Outer Rim to Coruscant seems like a day trip to a big city in a non-2020 year, maybe your car breaks down along the way but otherwise there and back in time for tea. This is kinda a larger problem about the issue of the scale of the galaxy - it's hard to have a frontier or crazy stuff happening out in the wild rim if said "wild rim" is just a short jump away in any old rustbucket.

I mean I understand from a plot perspective that Luke can't just turn up with some cavalry to smoke Gideon, save the child, and end the shitquels before they even begin, and that Mando and his established allies have to deal with the plot within the bounds of the show. Even so I feel like some kinda effort needs to be made to explain why the New Republic is sitting on its hands doing nothing about this Empire situation, and why no one thinks to call in a report about large numbers of Storm Troopers, an Imperial Moff, etc. A lot of this ties in to wider SW issues but that doesn't mean they can't band-aid them a little in the show.

This is really the issue... if things get too far outside of my willingness to just shut my brain off and enjoy the fun then I start thinking and if I start thinking all the holes start to appear.

It is really, really weird that a Grand Moff is just running around and people that were in the rebellion like Cara Dune are just...totally cool with it. 

And it ain't like a huge amount of stormtroopers and a few TIEs in Nevarro aren't going to be kinda obvious. 

This sort of thing made sense in Rebels (to a point) but even then they attracted the ire of Darth Vader eventually. Here we get Cara Dune involved in literally exploding an active military base with a weird-ass lab and she just says nothing, and the pilots who show up also don't do anything about it? Realistically this is exactly the sort of thing that should bring Luke or at least Leia, great general of the new Republic, running. 

Another fun episode. On the enjoyment scale they're killing it this season. From the lens of the new and wider fan base they're keeping the formula fairly simple, whilst managing to introduce characters and set canon to sate older fans.  

Spoiler

"This isn't a spice dream." - Boba Fett

Damn right. Seems all that time going through the digestive system of a Sarlacc, only to exit out in the digestive system of a Krayt Dragon, really helps one get over spice addiction and evaluate life's priorities... and then vent all that pent-up negative energy on some poorly marshalled Stormtroopers.

I hope that now they've shown this view of twice reborn Boba he remains true to it. The only thing I can think of that would alter his newfound outlook would be if the Jedi who turns up for Grogu happens to be Mace Windu - but I'd be very surprised if it was.

"WE'VE BEEN FLYING AROUND THE ROOM FOR HOURS!!! IT'S HORRIBLE! MY BONES ARE BROKEN! OH GOD I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN!!"

Seriously who the hell would want to be a Stormtrooper? Literally the *least* elite fighting force in the galaxy.

Spoiler

Anyone notice that when the target is wearing beskar the Stormtroopers suddenly turn into expert marksmen?

26 minutes ago, ithanos said:

Another fun episode. On the enjoyment scale they're killing it this season. From the lens of the new and wider fan base they're keeping the formula fairly simple, whilst managing to introduce characters and set canon to sate older fans.  

Hide contents

"This isn't a spice dream." - Boba Fett

Damn right. Seems all that time going through the digestive system of a Sarlacc, only to exit out in the digestive system of a Krayt Dragon, really helps one get over spice addiction and evaluate life's priorities... and then vent all that pent-up negative energy on some poorly marshalled Stormtroopers.

I hope that now they've shown this view of twice reborn Boba he remains true to it. The only thing I can think of that would alter his newfound outlook would be if the Jedi who turns up for Grogu happens to be Mace Windu - but I'd be very surprised if it was.

Or Luke

I think the better resurrection to compare to is Maul rather than Sidious. I rolled my eyes hard when I saw he'd been kept alive, but Filoni turned it into a phenomenal character arc that extends across the wider story and pays off. I'm going to give this show a baseline expectation that they'll try do that rather than doing a TROS.

2 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Credit where credit's due. I've been pretty down on this season, but that was a very good episode. Still a video game (defend the magic caster mission!) but a video game with stakes.

Hide contents

Who knew Boba Fett was so honourable?

2 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

What you guys didn't except an abundance of honour from the guy Darth Vader felt the need to single out to make sure he didn't go overboard?

I for one am shocked at this character assassination.

He also really hates the Jedi, on account of his papa. He literally held his dad's severed head in his hands. For the kids.

Maybe some time stewing in the Sarlak's digestive juices gave Boba some time to reflect on his Mandalorian heritage. "What life choices led me to this? How did I get here?" he might have asked. 

I could be wrong, I've never seen anything in any of the depictions of Boba Fett to suggest he's one to double cross or break a deal once made.

Apparently the kneepad rocket launchers are cannon.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I could be wrong, I've never seen anything in any of the depictions of Boba Fett to suggest he's one to double cross or break a deal once made.

They never actually made a deal though. 

Mando didn't accept and then the storm troopers came and Fett realized he'd left the door to the razor crest open and he took the armor.

15 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have not even finished my LEGO Razor Crest...

He really needs a ship made out of beskar. You use only the best steel for quality razors right? 

I like the notion, but do you have any idea how expensive that would be? Let alone how many Mandalorians would have to give up ancestral armour for it to happen.

Wild theory

Spoiler

Din secretly had the Razor Crest's original control knob replaced with one made from Beskar, and Grogu's been training hard out with it for a while now and is intimately familiar with how to wield the force around anything Beskar.

Archived