The Mandalorian

RumHam

Really enjoyed the latest episode, which was fun from beginning to end, but I do not get

Spoiler

the moustache. Why? I mean, he spends his whole day in armour. Why bother with a moustache? Does he just find it difficult to shave his upper lip?

12 minutes ago, dog-days said:

Really enjoyed the latest episode, which was fun from beginning to end, but I do not get

Hide contents

the moustache. Why? I mean, he spends his whole day in armour. Why bother with a moustache? Does he just find it difficult to shave his upper lip?

No money in the budget for the CGI to remove it.

Why is this a spoiler?

**** IMPORTANT FACIAL GROOMING SPOILERS AHEAD ****

Spoiler

I didn't exactly inspect the consistency of his shave, but he was scruffy elsewhere on his jawline, so maybe Pascal's moustache simply fills in much faster than his chin hair, or maybe Mando, like me, gets nasty razor burn when shaving his moustache, so he skips it sometimes.

Really dug that final scene. Next ep should be a banger! 

3 hours ago, Leofric said:

Well he lost his shaving kit when the Razorcrest was destroyed, maybe his mustache just grows faster.  

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Eh, didn’t bother me really ... maybe a beard is too annoying, so he shaves everything but the tache? Save on razors?

Should have gotten some beskar razors

47 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Should have gotten some beskar razors

Now there's a good return on investment usage for beskar, surely you could get enough to make it with some shavings off the spear. If there's anything that can shave beskar lol.

5 minutes ago, karaddin said:

If there's anything that can shave beskar lol.

I think you may have just sparked the great Valyrian steel vs. beskar debate.  Throw in adamantium or vibranium for a three way dance.

24 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think you may have just sparked the great Valyrian steel vs. beskar debate.  Throw in adamantium or vibranium for a three way dance.

If lightsabers can't cut it I'm giving the edge to beskar over VS. Vibranium also loses points when it can be cut if the guy swinging a blade at it is simply strong enough (Thanos in Endgame).

Well, that was a really bad episode. Not sure why Bill Burr is both so caught up over the deaths of his former comrades that he can't stop himself from killing his former commander... while also being willing to blow up an entire base of stormtroopers. Including ones who just saved his life! They seemed so nice.

Also, Mando... you are really not good at undercover missions. Or leaving threatening cliffhanger messages. "Moff Gideon... you'll never know how much the kid means to me. Bye!"

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Ok, the ending of the episode works better than I thought- I didn't catch that reference, and this explains the strangeness of Mando's dialogue.

(Still not a fan of the pirates who blow up their cargo or the series of silly events in the imperial base, though).

3 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Ok, the ending of the episode works better than I thought- I didn't catch that reference, and this explains the strangeness of Mando's dialogue.

(Still not a fan of the pirates who blow up their cargo or the series of silly events in the imperial base, though).

It was in the Previously On segment to make it clear.

5 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Well are they pure pirates or more like insurgents? Again, there's some iffy alien/human politics on that planet so I read it as more that they were not merely pirates but anti-colonizers.

Archived