Am I the only one hoping Jon and Dany doesn't become a thing?

Alyn Oakenfist

So given that bote secks is a thing and a lot of various hints, I know they will probably hook up. But I really hope they don't. Besides the fact that I rather see Dany falling in love with Euron than Jon (at least if the trend of Drogo and Daario are any hint), and the obvious gross incest factor, there's also how geographically impossible it is if (or rather when) Jon becomes King in the North. Like what is Jon supposed to do. Go as a King to Dragonstone to negotiate, leaving himself open to imprisonment as a rival? Please only idiots would write think that. I dunno, but I'd rather see Jon with Val or literally anyone else that isn't related to him. How about you?

48 minutes ago, SeanF said:

In many parts of the world (and medieval Europe) avunculate marriage is/was not seen as problematic.

I'm not sure, avuncular marriage is really pushing it in Westeros. Cousin marriage is frowned upon but allowed, while sibling is taboo for any non Targaryens. So avuncular marriages are probably still pretty taboo.

But, I’m not sure if Jon will be capable of love, assuming he is resurrected.

A reminder for everyone at home, Jon is a warg, and as such his mind and soul will be perfectly safe and intact inside Ghost. So when Mel does whatever the hell it is she will do, Jon should return the same, maybe a bit more wolf like, but that's it. He will not be a Rhllor minion or anything like that.

40 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Personally, I’m hoping that Jon and Val become a thing by the end, regardless of the path they take to that point.

I'm pretty sure they will be a thing during the early parts of TWOW, but I don't have much hope for later. Val's for GRRM's chopping block I think

5 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

I'm not a huge fan of aunts getting with nephews. Gross. Somehow that's even creepier than sibling incest.

I think given that Jon is older (by a few months) that it isn't as bad as usual. Still agree on the incest part. Just saying, it's not as bad as sibling incest.

5 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

I'm more a fan of Jon and Val. At least they have good chemistry.

:agree:

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think given that Jon is older (by a few months) that it isn't as bad as usual. Still agree on the incest part. Just saying, it's not as bad as sibling incest.

Jon and Dany might actually be half-siblings, if Rhaegar fathered her on Rhaella.

4 hours ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

I would rather Jon Snow die from his stab wounds and Daenerys go on to rule the Seven Kingdoms.  So yeah, I would prefer for them to not connect romantically. 

What a surprise! 

5 hours ago, ShimShim said:

I mean could a resurrected body even "get it on". 

He wouldn't be a rotting corpse being resurrected like Cat. He is just dead. Ice preserves. Just ask Maester Aemon. The ice cells would do nicely. Bowen and Co won't be burning his body (assuming he's dead) anytime soon, Wildlings will want to have a little chat with them soon. Tormund. Besides he is warging into Ghost for sure. Retaining consciousness. 

6 hours ago, The Young Maester said:

Id take Jon sleeping with a rabbit and dany fucking a donkey if it means george will speed up the release of winds. 

Jon sleeping with Val (all white rabbit) and Dany fucking Drogo (horse donkey mule whatever, rapist pillager) or Daario 

9 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So given that bote secks is a thing and a lot of various hints, I know they will probably hook up. But I really hope they don't. Besides the fact that I rather see Dany falling in love with Euron than Jon (at least if the trend of Drogo and Daario are any hint), and the obvious gross incest factor, there's also how geographically impossible it is if (or rather when) Jon becomes King in the North. Like what is Jon supposed to do. Go as a King to Dragonstone to negotiate, leaving himself open to imprisonment as a rival? Please only idiots would write think that. I dunno, but I'd rather see Jon with Val or literally anyone else that isn't related to him. How about you?

Hmmmmm

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

If Melisandre plays a big role in reviving Jon, I expect she’ll want a shadow baby in return.

Do we even know if boinking is involved? It is in the show, but in the books I find the evidence circumstantial at best

Also what would Mel and Jon use a shadow baby for?

Just now, dbergkvist said:

In the eyes of Westeros, Ladystoneheart is an undead abomination that is neither attractive nor a viable marriage partner. So why would Jon be any different?

1. Jon is a warg. I don't know how many times I have to stress this, but being a warg means his mind and soul will be intact, maybe a bit more wolfish when he comes back. So no revenge driven murder zombie

2. Cat's wounds while she still lived were horrific, her face and her neck were horribly damaged, the latter killing her. So now she can barely talk and looks like Freddy Kruger. Jon's wounds are simple stab wounds in the abdomen, not nearly the same amount of damage.

3. Cat's body was left to rot in the river for 3 days. Jon's is going to be stored nice and comfy in the Ice Cells. No decay or putrefaction there

So Jon is going to return sounds of mind and relatively sound of body.

13 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

1. Jon is a warg. I don't know how many times I have to stress this, but being a warg means his mind and soul will be intact, maybe a bit more wolfish when he comes back. So no revenge driven murder zombie

2. Cat's wounds while she still lived were horrific, her face and her neck were horribly damaged, the latter killing her. So now she can barely talk and looks like Freddy Kruger. Jon's wounds are simple stab wounds in the abdomen, not nearly the same amount of damage.

3. Cat's body was left to rot in the river for 3 days. Jon's is going to be stored nice and comfy in the Ice Cells. No decay or putrefaction there

I guess George could use these things as an excuse to make Jon's death have no consequence. But it would be extremely lame. If death doesn't mean anything, why have Jon die in the first place?

Also, you can't explain away the fact that the faith of the seven would not take kindly to Dany marrying an undead abomination. Are we to assume that Jon will keep his death a secret as well? (I guess the good news if that's the case is that then Jon would at least not be able to use the hypocritical "I died, and therefore I'm not lord commander any more")

22 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

If death doesn't mean anything, why have Jon die in the first place?

No one knows that for sure. Just a calculated assumption for arguments. Even George hasn't confirmed it

22 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

Also, you can't explain away the fact that the faith of the seven would not take kindly to Dany marrying an undead abomination.

The faith of the seven are not comprised of irrationally prejudiced Stark Snow haters. He isn't undead (as said earlier, not sure. But if dead, @Alyn Oakenfist is right about the Warg thing retaining soul via ghost) nor an abomination. If products of incest are abominations (Cersei and Jamie's offspring) then Dany too is one, considering the revival of the faith militant and resurgence of radical Seven worship. 

26 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

Are we to assume that Jon will keep his death a secret as well?

No reason to. In the case of him dying only and not just losing consciousness. When Sandor whacked Arya with flat of axe many thought her a goner. 

28 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

guess the good news if that's the case is that then Jon would at least not be able to use the hypocritical "I died, and therefore I'm not lord commander any more")

You mistake Jon for what you would do in his place or what you haters want him to do. He is Ned's son. He wouldn't look for minor excuses to get out of the Watch. He has sacrificed too much at the Wall for that.  

43 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

48 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

In the eyes of Westeros, Lady Stoneheart is an undead abomination that is neither attractive nor a viable marriage partner

Lol. Only a fraction of Westeros knows of her existence and that too only rumors at that. Marrying her won't be on their minds. 

49 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

So why would Jon be any different?

Alyn said it better but I did say something similar earlier on in this thread 

Archived