Am I the only one hoping Jon and Dany doesn't become a thing?

Alyn Oakenfist

33 minutes ago, dbergkvist said:

I guess George could use these things as an excuse to make Jon's death have no consequence. But it would be extremely lame. If death doesn't mean anything, why have Jon die in the first place?

1. To get out of the Nights Watch

2. Just because physically and mentally he will be healthy it doesn't mean it won't affect him. Getting killed by your subordinates should cause a massive personality crisis.

Jon and Dany are the 2 main heroes. Both young. It is somewhat logical to assume they will join. But they are opposite in the ways of rulership. And I believe Dany does it wrong. I believe it will end badly for her, as for all those who made mistakes. Who abused of their power. To do their will rather than the will of those they have their power from and should serve.

I certainly doesn't want them together. Dany is attracted by bad, murderous men. Drogo, Daario. Maybe Euron yes. There are visions of that. Jon is more a Free Folk at heart. Val is his path IMO.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

To get out of the Nights Watch

Hypothetically, to be like Bran, the thinking tree. A ruler not limited by the lifespan of ordinary men. Once every 2 or 10 generations you had a wise and respected Targaryen. The rest of the time it was unworthy men and chaos. I don't want the story to repeat after Jon or Dany. Jon would be like the God-on-Earth, the son of the Gods (he is the prince promised). He would somewhat rebuild the Golden Empire of the Dawn.

1 minute ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Hypothetically, to be like Bran, the thinking tree. A ruler not limited by the lifespan of ordinary men. Once every 2 or 10 generations you had a wise and respected Targaryen. The rest of the time it was unworthy men and chaos. I don't want the story to repeat after Jon or Dany. Jon would be like the God-on-Earth, the son of the Gods (he is the prince promised). He would somewhat rebuild the Golden Empire of the Dawn.

I was always thinking more Jon creating a more centralized constitutional monarchy with more power to the King but enough checks and balances to make sure there's no more Aerys II, but I guess to each their own.

10 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

more power to the King

Would be a very bad choice IMO. The king need ways to enforce his power anyway.

11 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

enough checks and balances

I believe it's like the Grand Councils or the places with some form of democratic decision, the NW, the Ionborn, Volantis... Or the council Dany made for Astapor. Humans are always corrupted by power. Maybe Bran can hold it alone. But I believe George's escape door include Jon. Otherwise, there would not have been the need to kill him (if he really died). But as I said, just hypothetical.

I don't think there is a miraculous constitution, set of laws.

17 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So given that bote secks is a thing and a lot of various hints, I know they will probably hook up. But I really hope they don't. Besides the fact that I rather see Dany falling in love with Euron than Jon (at least if the trend of Drogo and Daario are any hint), and the obvious gross incest factor, there's also how geographically impossible it is if (or rather when) Jon becomes King in the North. Like what is Jon supposed to do. Go as a King to Dragonstone to negotiate, leaving himself open to imprisonment as a rival? Please only idiots would write think that. I dunno, but I'd rather see Jon with Val or literally anyone else that isn't related to him. How about you?

I don't want those two to hook up in any way.  What I want for Daenerys is to continue as a strong, intelligent, and brave woman who does not need a man.  It sends the wrong message to these modern times to have a brave and intelligent young woman like Daenerys to have to depend on a man.  The story line of a girl having to marry a man in order to get things done is just wrong and outdated.

Jon should marry Arya.  He clearly threw the world away for her.  They belong together.  I know he has said his vows but when has that stopped him when it comes to the Starks. 

Just now, Kierria said:

I don't want those two to hook up in any way.  What I want for Daenerys is to continue as a strong, intelligent, and brave woman who does not need a man.  It sends the wrong message to these modern times to have a brave and intelligent young woman like Daenerys to have to depend on a man.  The story line of a girl having to marry a man in order to get things done is just wrong and outdated.

I'm not supporting any ship, but you do know that men and women hook up IRL, right? The idea of the strong intelligent, brave (or maybe even stunning and brave) that doesn't need a man and should remain celibate is just imbecilic. Men and women get together. End of story. Also you do know Dany takes Daario into her bed?

3 minutes ago, Kierria said:

It sends the wrong message to these modern times to have a brave and intelligent young woman like Daenerys to have to depend on a man.

I think we should make sex and love illegal, so as not to send the wrong message of course.

3 minutes ago, Kierria said:

Jon should marry Arya.  He clearly threw the world away for her.  They belong together.  I know he has said his vows but when has that stopped him when it comes to the Starks. 

And here we see more proof of the Dany worshipping

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm not supporting any ship, but you do know that men and women hook up IRL, right? The idea of the strong intelligent, brave (or maybe even stunning and brave) that doesn't need a man and should remain celibate is just imbecilic. Men and women get together. End of story. Also you do know Dany takes Daario into her bed?

I think we should make sex and love illegal, so as not to send the wrong message of course.

Don't be an idiot.  That's not what I meant and you should know that. 

And here we see more proof of the Dany worshipping

Absolutely.  I love Daenerys Targaryen.

1 minute ago, Kierria said:
13 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Don't be an idiot.  That's not what I meant and you should know that. 

Then why did you mean? Please feel free to elaborate as much as you want.

Then why did you mean? Please feel free to elaborate as much as you want.

Exactly what I already said to you.

Sorry to break it to you, but right now you sound like someone explaining the genius of Rey Sue

Whatsa matter Alyn? You didn't get it the first time?  Second time?  You want a repost?  Here it is.  It's the best I can do since this forum has no read aloud feature.  :D

:D

44 minutes ago, Kierria said:

What I want for Daenerys is to continue as a strong, intelligent, and brave woman who does not need a man.

She needed Drogo for his horde, Xaro for her diminished khal, Pyat Pree for her prophecies, Daario for her desires, Hizdahr for peace, Barry B and Mormont for counsel, her blood riders for protection and countless other men. Feminism isn't all about going Amazon type and getting rid of all men and just keeping them to screw around. It's like white supremacists in response to radical Islam jihadists. 

49 minutes ago, Kierria said:

It sends the wrong message to these modern times to have a brave and intelligent young woman like Daenerys to have to depend on a man. 

Men and women depend on each other at all times and not just for their desires. It's just that their mutual need wasn't recognized during machi chauvinistic medieval periods.... like the one in which the effing plot is set in! So let GRRM focus on historical accuracy rather than sending modern world feminist messages. He's got powerful female characters millions of fans and I love, admire, hate with grudging resoefir their ruthless efficiency and more. 

52 minutes ago, Kierria said:

The story line of a girl having to marry a man in order to get things done is just wrong and outdated.

Dany does just that with Drogo and Hizdahr. And it is not wrong if you agree with Chanakya and Machiavelli that what is needed is right (dharma ). Outdated!?!? Fucking medieval times again 

54 minutes ago, Kierria said:

Jon should marry Arya.  He clearly threw the world away for her.  They belong together.  I know he has said his vows but when has that stopped him when it comes to the Starks

Alyn please, no more threads featuring Jon and Dany in any way (not even remotely connecting them, even like how their horses are cousins thrice removed) It eventually leads to Stark Snow hatred and the versus thing with Targs Valyrians and Dany. 

20 minutes ago, Rondo said:

@TedBear  Ice and Fire do not belong together.  The two elements do not mix.  

Well, ice + fire = water

Anyway, I never believed that the Starks are the Ice. 

"Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books"

"the two outlying ones — the things going on north of the Wall, and then there is Targaryen on the other continent with her dragons — are of course the ice and fire of the title" 

All of these characters are in conflict between ice and fire. 

17 minutes ago, TedBear said:

Well, ice + fire = water

Anyway, I never believed that the Starks are the Ice. 

"Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books"

"the two outlying ones — the things going on north of the Wall, and then there is Targaryen on the other continent with her dragons — are of course the ice and fire of the title" 

All of these characters are in conflict between ice and fire. 

i can't say you convinced me.  The Starks are Ice to me.  Their bond with the direwolves is the parallel and the equivalent to the Targaryen relationship with their dragons.  The Starks are extreme.  They were doing what the Rhlorrans did, sacrifice people to their gods.  

Archived