Am I the only one hoping Jon and Dany doesn't become a thing?

Alyn Oakenfist

14 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

More importantly why did the outline list 3 main threats in the novels as:  

1. The game of Thrones

2. Daenerys 

3. The Others

The outline in which Daenerys is one of the five survivors.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:
14 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

More importantly why did the outline list 3 main threats in the novels as:  

1. The game of Thrones

2. Daenerys 

3. The Others

The outline in which Daenerys is one of the five survivors.

The outline in which Jaime kills Tommen to become King. I've said it and I'll say it again, the outline is worth basically nothing

23 minutes ago, SeanF said:

The author views ice as negative and fire as positive ( if potentially chaotic).  But, why would the Starks support wights, unless they were killed and transformed into wights?

They own Kings of Winter Frozen Food LLC. Wights are the ultimate protein source during the Long Night; they are abundant, transport themselves, deter thieves and go great in a blood stew.

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

The author views ice as negative and fire as positive ( if potentially chaotic).  But, why would the Starks support wights, unless they were killed and transformed into wights?

The seas are warming, species are dying because of excessive heat, Australia and California are constantly on fire, and the author rants about nuclear weapons but yes... fire good ice bad.

13 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

The seas are warming, species are dying because of excessive heat, Australia and California are constantly on fire, and the author rants about nuclear weapons but yes... fire good ice bad.

They both have potential for good and bad.Martin said ice preserves,fire consumes,that ice is hatered and fire is love,passion.Two sides of a coin.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Of course Dany is a threat to Westeros, she is planning on conquering it. And given who is in charge of Westeros I'd say that is a good thing.

If Westeros banned together to kick Dany out I think they'd be better off; however I'm not sure if the remaining characters - who represent each region - are the next Harren the Black.

Nor do I think people should be burned alive just so Dany can live out her delusions of a red door.

3 hours ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Said who?

Careful readers have probably noticed considerable variance between the 1993 outline and what the author actually published.

Daenerys, as originally envisaged, was not meant to have dragons at all.  Rather, she was a telepath, with the power to control peoples’ minds, similar to Bran’s in the text.  She murdered Drogo, in revenge for the death of Viserys.  Sansa was a traitor to her family.  Jon and Arya were incestuous lovers.  Catelyn fled the burning of Kings Landing, eventually killed by the Others, North of the Wall.

4 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

For the zillionth time fire is love, passion, sexual ardour (good things) ice revenge hatred cold inhumanity, (bad things) according to the author.  It would be a grim world indeed without fire and heat. Life would be nasty, brutish, and short.

5 hours ago, SeanF said:
9 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

For the zillionth time fire is love, passion, sexual ardour (good things) ice revenge hatred cold inhumanity, (bad things) according to the author.  It would be a grim world indeed without fire and heat. Life would be nasty, brutish, and short

@SeanF

@Rose of Red Lake

@CamiloRP

Fire and Ice 

BY ROBERT FROST

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I’ve tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

18 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

@SeanF

@Rose of Red Lake

@CamiloRP

Fire and Ice 

BY ROBERT FROST

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I’ve tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

This is Martin's quote "I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books.[11]"

Just now, SeanF said:

This is Martin's quote "I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books.[11]"

And that poem inspired the damn series. Apart from the War of the Roses

20 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

And that poem inspired the damn series. Apart from the War of the Roses

Well, also Memory Sorrrow and Thorn, Les Rois Maudits, The Dying Earth, I Claudius, Shakespeare's histories, and the Lord of the Rings, (and probably a host of other things).

Ice and fire can be bad at the same level. Love made Jaime throw Bran from that tower, love and lust have already caused a lot of death in the kingdom as Barristan thinks, one thing leads to another. The point of everything is balance. 

28 minutes ago, TedBear said:

Ice and fire can be bad at the same level. Love made Jaime throw Bran from that tower, love and lust have already caused a lot of death in the kingdom as Barristan thinks, one thing leads to another. The point of everything is balance. 

Balance in everything.  But, while love can cause chaos, hate and cold inhumanity must always be bad.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Balance in everything.  But, while love can cause chaos, hate and cold inhumanity must always be bad.

Hate is fire tho. And cold is shown as good sometimes, when negotiating, arguing or fighting, staying cold is good.

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

Well, also Memory Sorrrow and Thorn, Les Rois Maudits, The Dying Earth, I Claudius, Shakespeare's histories, and the Lord of the Rings, (and probably a host of other things).

I'm talking about the major ones. And of what you say led to Jonarya kinda stuff that had to be changed like Mithras said. 

My stand is fire and ice aren't totally good and aren't totally bad. Grey. Ashes are grey in fire. Slate grey ice. Wall 

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

hate and cold inhumanity must always be bad.

Never mind. Sry fir the inconvenience 

Archived