College Football: We're Seriously Still Doing This?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, while I'm all for progress, that's a pretty weak way to make it.

Hey, it’s something. Also, consider that it’s Vandy and that their offense probably didn’t cross the 50-yard line all day. Hopefully she will get a shot at an actual scoring play next week.

17 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Hey, it’s something. Also, consider that it’s Vandy and that their offense probably didn’t cross the 50-yard line all day. Hopefully she will get a shot at an actual scoring play next week.

I guess that's the positive spin on it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Looks like Harbaugh has finally figured a way to avoid his annual asskicking by the Buckeyes.

Part of me thinks UM could have played the game... but knew this would hurt tOSU more by shutting it down. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

So will Big10 change the rules? Or will they allow Ohio State to play a 6th game with someone else?

If not, the the championship game will be Indiana v. Northwestern.

And its official that the Big ICantCount is really just the Big One.

8 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

They're probably thinking about having a Big10 team in the playoffs. 

It’s equally possible they don’t want the embarrassment of having a playoff team not in the conference championship game.

Oh, and the gracious and repentant LSU has issued a self imposed bowl ban for one season for their NCAA infractions.... So a 3-5 team in a pandemic punishes itself by not going to a bowl this year. Man they are really hard on themselves.

I was listening to Finebaum tonight talking about the Auburn gig. The leading candidate to replace Malzahn is Kevin Steele, the defensive coordinator… at Auburn!!!!

Why the hell do you pay $27m to fire a guy if your next coach is just down the hallway?!!?

If the Ducks win this do they actually get whatever bowl the Pac 12 champ gets? I've paid not one second of attention to college fball this season but flipped by and saw the game on. Did some reading to find out the Ducks are only in because Washington has Covid-19 issues and just, wow. 

I’d like Clemson to beat them badly enough that we could get someone new like Cincinnati in the playoff.  But I recognize that it’s more likely that it just lets aTm in there.  I wish Northwestern could have held on.

I have to imagine that if aTm gets in, the committee will use an excuse like “tOSU didn’t play enough games to make them number 3.”  aTm jumps them to play Clemson while tOSU is sacrificed on the Crimson altar.

Tennessee is now reportedly under investigation for paying recruits with coach’s knowledge.

My favorite take on Twitter is that it’s an “inside hit job” in an effort to fire Pruitt for cause.

I mean... their AD is Phil Fulmer.

Archived