Jon-Arya inherits Craster's Keep

Kierria

9 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Cousin to cousin unions are allowed.  Jon is the son of Lyanna.  His father, in my opinion, is either Mance Rayder or Brandon Stark.  Custom doesn't stop Jon.  It won't keep them apart.  

I am selecting Mance for the father.  Mance and Jon are really alike.  Mance having his time with Lyanna and producing Jon is a nice touch to the novel.  Tywin married a cousin.  IIRC, Rickard married a cousin.  There is no crime for Jon to have intimate relations with Arya.  The time span will allow for Arya to mature.  What's a few years in a novel that covers time measured in thousands of years. 

11 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:
13 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Going North of the Wall to practice incest is like going to the Vatican to sleep with a hooker. 

North of the Wall is where incest is judged more fiercely.

Cousin to cousin unions are allowed.  Jon is the son of Lyanna.  His father, in my opinion, is either Mance Rayder or Brandon Stark.  Custom doesn't stop Jon.  It won't keep them apart

Wildling rule : No stealing wife from own tribe. If Longs pear Ryk and Ygritte unrelated by blood are considered nearly siblings, then Jon Arya... :ack:

On 11/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, Kierria said:

I read and replied to Alyn Oakenfists's thread on his marriage wishes for Daenerys and Jon.  Here is my marriage wish for Jon and Arya.  I would not mind this ending for Jon and Arya.  Assuming the threat of the Others and the Long Winter will end within the the time line of the last book.  Both of them have trouble following rules and living within the limits of authority.  They will be happier living on the lawless sides of the wall.  What better place to live together and be closer to Bran than Craster's Keep.  They can live as brothers and sisters and live out their lifespans in peace with nature.  But they also have the option of marrying in front of a Weirwood and living as man and wife. 

I am doubtful of that.  The keep will be buried in snow before the end of Winds.  Jon won't come back as a warm-blooded human.  Arya will die before she can make it back to the North.  The Starks will be living as a pack of Dire wolves before the end of the series. 

2 hours ago, Big P said:

I am doubtful of that.  The keep will be buried in snow before the end of Winds.  Jon won't come back as a warm-blooded human.  Arya will die before she can make it back to the North.  The Starks will be living as a pack of Dire wolves before the end of the series. 

Too many matchmaking fail to account for the environmental impact of a long winter.  There is no point in marriage in hunter and gatherer lifestyle.  

19 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Cousin to cousin unions are allowed.  Jon is the son of Lyanna.  His father, in my opinion, is either Mance Rayder or Brandon Stark.  Custom doesn't stop Jon.  It won't keep them apart.  

Not in freefolk culture, it's seen as wrong to marry clankin.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

It’s Mance.  He fathered Jon Snow.  I’m sure nothing will stop Jon and Arya from being together, in life and in death.  Humans briefly and finally as wolves.  

On 11/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, Kierria said:

I read and replied to Alyn Oakenfists's thread on his marriage wishes for Daenerys and Jon.  Here is my marriage wish for Jon and Arya.  I would not mind this ending for Jon and Arya.  Assuming the threat of the Others and the Long Winter will end within the the time line of the last book.  Both of them have trouble following rules and living within the limits of authority.  They will be happier living on the lawless sides of the wall.  What better place to live together and be closer to Bran than Craster's Keep.  They can live as brothers and sisters and live out their lifespans in peace with nature.  But they also have the option of marrying in front of a Weirwood and living as man and wife. 

This doesn't fit my kingmaker theory for Jon Snow but I like it.  He can't do that (make Rickon king in the north) from Craster's Keep.  Don't get me wrong, I believe he and Arya could become lovers but not at Craster's.

8 hours ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

It’s Mance.  He fathered Jon Snow.  I’m sure nothing will stop Jon and Arya from being together, in life and in death.  Humans briefly and finally as wolves.  

7 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon is a violator of rules, custom, and oaths.  Culture is not going to keep him from being with Arya.  It doesn't need to involve a marriage ceremony.  

6 hours ago, James West said:

This doesn't fit my kingmaker theory for Jon Snow but I like it.  He can't do that (make Rickon king in the north) from Craster's Keep.  Don't get me wrong, I believe he and Arya could become lovers but not at Craster's.

Hatrick of Stark Hatred posts! 

12 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon is a violator of rules, custom, and oaths.  Culture is not going to keep him from being with Arya.  It doesn't need to involve a marriage ceremony.  

That wasn't my point tho, the OP said that he would go North of the Wall to be with Arya, I said that it is the worst place in the world he could go to practice incest. As it is.

Also, Jon didn't violate any rule or oath. And even if he did, he was clearly doing the good thing. As Jaimie shows, sometimes oaths prevent you from doing the right thing.

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”

On 12/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, James West said:

He won't be able to return to the wall.  The only place where a man who betrayed the Night's Watch can go is on the other side.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, Roswell said:

I am selecting Mance for the father.  Mance and Jon are really alike.  Mance having his time with Lyanna and producing Jon is a nice touch to the novel.  Tywin married a cousin.  IIRC, Rickard married a cousin.  There is no crime for Jon to have intimate relations with Arya.  The time span will allow for Arya to mature.  What's a few years in a novel that covers time measured in thousands of years. 

They are cousins only.  If Jon were not in the Night's Watch it would be perfectly fine to marry Arya. 

On 11/29/2020 at 10:35 PM, TheLastWolf said:

Kierria, pls be sure to thank him (Springwatch) for the valuable advice he has given. But you haters are doing that from the start. Ignoring rationality. And not just sometimes. Always

You don't scare me, little man.  :P But I thank Springwatch anyway. 

2 hours ago, Kierria said:

You don't scare me, little man.

Miss, that was never my intention. And I'm 6"2 and growing. Couple of years left for puberty to end in the worst case. 

2 hours ago, Kierria said:

But I thank Springwatch anyway. 

:D

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Stop giving CPR to this dumpsterfire

Got slammed for the same by the honorable xxxxxxmaker007 or someone. I used resuscitate instead of CPR but the same essence. And they bring up freedom of thought opinion, expression and shit while all they do is spout irrationally biased hatred with their 999 fake spam accounts 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived