Sansa, the Esmeralda of the Eyrie

Big P

I am seeing some interesting similarities between Quasimodo and Tyrion.  I am referring to "Hunchback of Notre Dame."  Tyrion is the Half-Made Quasimodo of this story.  He will fall in love with Sansa who is Esmeralda.  Frollo is Petyr Baelish.  The Eyrie is Notre Dame.  Sansa will die for her role in the deaths of Lysa and Robert Arryn.  Tyrion will die while trying to save her.  Petyr will throw her under the bus because she will reject his love. 

I can already picture Littlefinger jacking off in front of the fireplace thinking of Sansa.

Jokes aside, good catch. I'd like to add the Harrold is probably Phoebus

However I disagree that Sansa will die. Tyrion won't die, or at least he won't die in the Vale plotline, so there goes the books ending. I'd also like to add that there are 3 movie adaptations, and a play adaptation written by Hugo himself in which Esmeralda doesn't die. So I'd hold off on the predictions.

20 hours ago, Big P said:

I am seeing some interesting similarities between Quasimodo and Tyrion.  I am referring to "Hunchback of Notre Dame."  Tyrion is the Half-Made Quasimodo of this story.  He will fall in love with Sansa who is Esmeralda.  Frollo is Petyr Baelish.  The Eyrie is Notre Dame.  Sansa will die for her role in the deaths of Lysa and Robert Arryn.  Tyrion will die while trying to save her.  Petyr will throw her under the bus because she will reject his love. 

Sansa and Petyr will die by high speed and intimate contact with the rocks below.

SPLAT 

Tyrion and Robyn are gonna be the survivors.  Somebody has to grieve and feel the lost.  Jaime is the brother of Frollo, the disappointment.  

You know, I’ve thought of Shae as Esmeralda and Tywin as Frollo in a narrative where Esmeralda chose Frollo and Quasimodo (Tyrion)  killed them both. The Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame came out the same year the first book came out, we all know how GRRM likes to play with fantasy archetypes.

14 hours ago, James West said:

A Victor Hugo fan?  I must confess to lacking the stamina for Les Miserables. 

Watch the musical theater version (but avoid the movie like the plague). It's just 2 hours, I'd recommend the 10th anniversary edition, because it has the best singers.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Big P said:

Are you thinking half-made inspired half-man?

Robert Arryn is the only one who can order an execution.  

Oh My God, GOT the musical...

Les Miserables, the book, is a slog, no doubt. There a lot of bits opining about Politics! If you like history, it’s still cool. One could wonder if Martin took inspiration from the long descriptions of sewers:)  Someone could ask about that, Quasimodo and gargoyles!

18 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Oh My God, GOT the musical...

Les Miserables, the book, is a slog, no doubt. There a lot of bits opining about Politics! If you like history, it’s still cool. One could wonder if Martin took inspiration from the long descriptions of sewers:)  Someone could ask about that, Quasimodo and gargoyles!

Now the long windedness is there in both works, but it's much worse in Les Mis then in ASOIAF. Les Mis could easily be adapted in a 2 hour musical, as once you skip the countless digressions, the story is actually quite simple. ASOIAF on the other hand doesn't have that priviledge, and the only way you could make a musical is if you have a 20 hour one. Tbf I'd totally watch a 20 hour ASOIAF musical.

11 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Petyr Baelish is in love with Sansa Stark.  I have not read anything in the text which would convince me of that.  A teenage Robin Arryn would fall in love with Sansa but not a grown man like Petyr.  Robin is the jealous priest of the Vale, in my humble opinion. 

I see Littlefinger as a greedy bastard. Or to me he is a man who wants everything including Iron Throne and beautiful queen like Sansa. But he do not really love anyone and so to him SS is just a trophy. 

13 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Petyr Baelish is in love with Sansa Stark.  I have not read anything in the text which would convince me of that.  A teenage Robin Arryn would fall in love with Sansa but not a grown man like Petyr.  Robin is the jealous priest of the Vale, in my humble opinion

I think you meant to say he isn't in love with Sansa. And neither is Frollo for that matter. It's just lust in both cases

15 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Petyr Baelish is in love with Sansa Stark.  I have not read anything in the text which would convince me of that.  A teenage Robin Arryn would fall in love with Sansa but not a grown man like Petyr.  Robin is the jealous priest of the Vale, in my humble opinion. 

He has a weird lover/father relationship with her, pretty messed up by the way.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, Rondo said:

I had to watch the bw movie.  Is it worth the billion euros to rebuild this cathedral?  Wouldn't that anger the yellow vesters. Molten metal.  Molten metal.

No and yes. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Big P said:

Petyr doesn't expect love from Sansa.  He's a grown boy.  Sansa is just a tool for him to advance his cause.

Archived