US Politics: Does the fat man singing count?

Ser Scot A Ellison

Don't believe the Deep State fake press claiming Biden has suffered  a hairline fracture of his foot while playing with his dog. In reality, he's been arrested and is trying to hide his ankle monitor!

12 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The Barr announcement was fortuitous.  I wonder if Barr is trying to get fired to attempt to salvage his reputation?

:)

It's a better tactic to preserve one's reputation than calling for someone you disagree with to be taken out and shot. Though I guess that entirely depends on with whom one is trying to preserve one's reputation. If you are still wanting to brown nose Trump and his rabid support base then the take out and shoot approach might be the better course.

I dunno about legal recourse, but the bar association should be holding a disbarment hearing and he should be expelled from the bar with extreme prejudice.

Meh.  Something tells me most Trumpists are quite used to getting kicked out of bars.

22 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I wonder if Barr is trying to get fired to attempt to salvage his reputation?

OTOH, this just proves Trump was right to say the DOJ and FBI are complicit in the widespread conspiracy to rig the election against him.

@Fez

Re: Durham, seeing a number of people note that the Special Counsel statute explicitly requires that the person so appointed is from  outside of the US government. Seems hard to square this with Durham being a US Attorney working for the DoJ, unless he's resigned and we haven't been told.

As Susan Hennessey says, this is really just a bit of annoyance that Barr is throwing out.

Just now, Mindwalker said:

Don't believe the Deep State fake press claiming Biden has suffered  a hairline fracture of his foot while playing with his dog. In reality, he's been arrested and is trying to hide his ankle monitor!

I love it! More please. That he was arrested is not enough, we must know the reason. It is surely connected to the adrenochrome black market, but we need proof, and by proof I mean 8chan and QAnon allegations without any evidence.

33 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

You’ve got this all wrong! I don’t blame you, as this was one of the early theories, but the conspiracy consensus now is that this was Kamala’s first (though definitely not last!) attempt to murder Biden and assume the American throne.

ETA: I should add that this assassination attempt is widely seen as an amateurish misstep on Kamala’s part, as there is no such thing as a “Vice President-elect”, and so if she had actually succeeded at killing Biden prior to his inauguration she would not be able to assume the throne.

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

Meh.  Something tells me most Trumpists are quite used to getting kicked out of bars.

OTOH, this just proves Trump was right to say the DOJ and FBI are complicit in the widespread conspiracy to rig the election against him.

Stealing jokes from the West Wing.  How are the mighty fallen.  

I refuse to talk, think, or engage with the 2020 election anymore.  Except for Georgia, it's done. 

We should be talking about the prospects of the stimulus package released by Manchin, Romney Collins etc. which I think is probably still worse than a pre-2020 election deal Pelosi could have struck with Mnuchin. 

We should be talking what, if anything, Biden can actually get done in the next 2 years legislatively.  The chatter I've heard is an infrastructure bill although I somehow doubt the newly converted deficit hawks in the Senate will actually vote for something of sufficient size to fix decades of chronic underinvestment.  

We should be talking about Iran and whether Biden has enough wiggle room to re-enter the JCPOA and whether the assassinations have successfully fouled that well.  

We should be talking about the remaining prospects for Biden's cabinet.  What happened to DMC's thread? 

13 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

the conspiracy consensus now is that this was Kamala’s first (though definitely not last!) attempt to murder Biden and assume the American throne.

Harris tried to murder Biden and wound up..fracturing his foot?  Does this mean Biden is Achilles?

15 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

as there is no such thing as a “Vice President-elect”, and so if she had actually succeeded at killing Biden prior to his inauguration she would not be able to assume the throne.

I know it's crazy to cite something silly like Section 3 of the 20th Amendment, but Harris should wait to kill him until after the electoral college just to be sure.

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Harris tried to murder Biden and wound up..fracturing his foot?  Does this mean Biden is Achilles?

Interesting. Harris does rhyme with Agamemnon. Or is it Menelaus? For some reason neither of those sound right. In any event I’m sure Harris rhymes with some character from The Iliad, I just can’t think of which one at the moment, so your theory checks out.

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

No, because then the attack would have succeeded.

So in this analogy, the Democrats are the Greeks, besieging the Trojans (who are the Republicans), so is Helen is the US government?  

Fired cybersecurity chief hints at legal action after Trump campaign lawyer said he should be shot
"I've got an exceptional team of lawyers that win in court, and I think they're probably going to be busy,” he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/fired-cybersecurity-chief-hints-legal-action-after-trump-campaign-lawyer-n1249505

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Harris only thought Biden was Achilles. But she was mistaken, which is entirely understandable because there are so many heels in US politics that it's difficult to figure out which one belongs to Achilles.

Wasn't it Trump who thought he was Achilles? Dumb mistake by Mr. Bone Spurs!

31 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How so? Do mean the decision by the judge to release this information was timed in some way to have a particular effect? Or do you mean the timing of the investigation itself shows a particular target? Not sure what you are seeing here regards timing. 

I agree completely that an attempt to sell pardons for money would fit exactly with what we know about the conduct of this White House. At this point we don't know if the target(s) of the investigation includes Trump himself, but nothing would be surprising about him trying to make money off his office.

Any thoughts on the proposed stimulus package?

I think it is kind of trash to be honest. It is too little and if we're going to be waiving liability protections, we need more and cannot be suckered in by promises of a third stimulus.

Archived