US Politics: Does the fat man singing count?

Ser Scot A Ellison

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

García or gtfo! 

It's pretty funny.  12 years ago, Blago went to prison for reacting to the open seat with "I got this thing and it's fucking golden!"  Now, Newsom would probably give his left nut for anyone else to make this decision, cuz no matter who he picks he's gonna royally piss off significant constituencies.

Also, an update from crazy conservative land:

I’m learning that things move with incredible speed in the Trumpster world. The contingent that believes SCOTUS will step in and save the day is vanishing fast. The new consensus is that Trump should declare martial law. There is still a deep schism however, between those who think Trump should then bring his election fraud case before a military tribunal and those who think he should just declare himself the victor once the military has silenced dissent.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

It's pretty funny.  12 years ago, Blago went to prison for reacting to the open seat with "I got this thing and it's fucking golden!"  Now, Newsom would probably give his left nut for anyone else to make this decision, cuz no matter who he picks he's gonna royally piss off significant constituencies.

Eh, I’ll probably be fine with anyone he chooses, I just really like my mayor.

4 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

There is still a deep schism however, between those who think Trump should then bring his election fraud case before a military tribunal and those who think he should just declare himself the victor once the military has silenced dissent.

I'm with the kangaroo court faction, if only because I imagine their well-reasoned argument is something like this:

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Well, no, he's not gonna continue to raise $170 million a month like he's done since the election.  But yes, Trumpists seem determined to prove Heath Ledger's Joker is financially prudent in comparison.

No, but I suspect they'll still bring in a ton while also using it as a cudgel if any Republican shows disloyalty. And we still have to wait and see what kind of media empire they'll try to establish.

Crazy may be leaving the WH, but it's here to stay for at least a little while in the GOP.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's insane how much they are raising right now, and I see no reason for it to stop anytime soon. 

Bullocks! 

Oxen? What do oxen have to do with politics? Ballocks might be the word you are looking for. 

42 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Oxen? What do oxen have to do with politics? Ballocks might be the word you are looking for. 

No, what I wrote in Word before C&P was "Bollocks." Not sure why it corrected it to "bullocks." Is "ballocks" the Canadian spelling? 

This story is crazy: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/02/republicans-cheer-on-a-trump-2024-run-442310

The quoted comments from sitting U.S. Senators with intense presidential aspirations such as Hawley and Scott committing to support Trump's 2024 presidential aspirations directly contradict the anonymous quote in Axios suggesting Trump would be attacked in the primary just 13 short hours ago.  Lindsey Graham goes ahead and endorses Trump 2024.  

https://www.axios.com/trump-2024-campaign-primary-cda9abf4-615c-4095-a2aa-1045f2a55970.html

At some level this reflects a reality that all elected Republicans know.  Trump is much more popular than them with their voters.  There is no future in the Republican party for Never-Trumpers.  At the same time we don't have a single elected Republican publicly making the case for growing their voter base in the aftermath of a decisive electoral defeat. 

Some have called out Trump's specific acts, but not one has spoken up about Trumpism or the garbage fire that was the Trump presidency.  

14 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

The quoted comments from sitting U.S. Senators with intense presidential aspirations such as Hawley and Scott committing to support Trump's 2024 presidential aspirations directly contradict the anonymous quote in Axios suggesting Trump would be attacked in the primary just 13 short hours ago.

It's still a ways to go until the primary season.  Even the invisible primary season.  It's frankly the cautious move to voice support right now, or at least not voice opposition.

This is frikn hilarious-

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fc811cac5b6933ec7dc2e05

Apparently the loon Attorney aka Powell, is calling for Georgia Republican voters to boycott the Senate runoff races because the magically rigged vote machines are gonna throw the results to the Democrats.

These idiots are going to reap exactly the manure they have spent months spewing. Tis so wonderful you couldn't make it up!

Remember if you are a Trump supporter, your leaders are telling you to not bother voting.

"Hey guys the cool aid is right down here, come and get it y'all"

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This is frikn hilarious-

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fc811cac5b6933ec7dc2e05

Apparently the loon Attorney aka Powell, is calling for Georgia Republican voters to boycott the Senate runoff races because the magically rigged vote machines are gonna throw the results to the Democrats.

These idiots are going to reap exactly the manure they have spent months spewing. Tis so wonderful you couldn't make it up!

Remember if you are a Trump supporter, your leaders are telling you to not bother voting.

"Hey guys the cool aid is right down here, come and get it y'all"

Are we certain Powell isn't a Democratic party mole?

Archived