What is dead may never die - tree decorating, again

Buckwheat

FG seems to be very quiet and has been for a few months. This saddens me. But I do not despair and am opening this thread in hope that it brings some new life into the forum.

I have been saying for a few weeks now that Christmas and all the rest of the holidays have been cancelled this year due to you-know-what, but I got called Grinch for it and I also really want to see what contributions you, yes you, fellow board member, will make to this fun game this time around. So I once again welcome you to the tree-decorating game of Westeros!

This is the fourth  fifth (seriously?! How long has it been?! :shocked: ) time we play this, all players old and new are welcome! The aim of this game is to celebrate whatever holiday you are observing by decorating a tree together, as pretty, imaginative and creative we manage to.

For those who have forgotten the rules, and for the new people who don't know what in seven hells I'm on about, the rules I'm shamelessly stealing from past-me:

The rules

1. This is the template for our tree.

2. The first player to play downloads the template from the imgur link I posted under 1. Every next player downloads the picture the player before them posted.

3. Open the picture in Paint, Photoshop or any other picture editing program. Draw decorations on it: You can add colour, an ornament, background, presents ... whatever you like and whatever you think suits our tree.

4. Save the new picture (in the jpg-format) and upload it to imgur.com. Post a direct link to the picture into this thread.

5. The next person repeats the process adding decorations to your picture etc. You can play as many times as you want.

Some reasonable guidelines about picture standards:

a) Do not change the size of the picture.

b ) Do not add explicitly sexual or violent material. I want this game to stay completely safe for children and work and common decency and stuff.

c) Try not to cover the whole tree with decorations in the first few steps, some space must be left for the next players too.

č) Do not cover/erase other people's contributions.

d) Pasting parts of other pictures/photos into this picture is allowed.

e) Using imagination is welcome.

Still unsure if you want to join? Take a look at what we managed to achieve in the past few years: 2016 2017 2018 2019

Be creative and have fun! I am looking forward to any and all contributions. :commie: 

@RhaenysBee @Pebble thats Stubby @Lany Freelove Cassandra @rocksniffer @The BlackBear @felice @Count Balerion @Jez Bell @a free shadow @Fragile Bird @honeyed chicken @Tellus Explorer (That is the newest name of you, Cora, right? :idea: ) @Castellan @First of My Name and the rest of Forum Games inhabitants, come join me in tree-decorating! :commie: Invite your friends too.

Woohoo, people! :commie: 

10 minutes ago, felice said:

A vaguely apocalyptic background seems appropriate for this year... https://imgur.com/a/uD01SSA

Damn, you and your fancy backgrounds. I was working on my contribution and you beat me to it ... 

Okay, I decided to be evil. :devil: :devil: Here goes: https://i.imgur.com/kXX6xdi.png

9 minutes ago, Castellan said:

When you think about it, Buckwheat has been a pioneer of COVID-safe Christmas activities.

Well, thank you, you flatter me, my lady. :blushing: 

Next poster, use this picture: https://i.imgur.com/kXX6xdi.png

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Damn, you and your fancy backgrounds. I was working on my contribution and you beat me to it ... 

Sorry! :D

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Okay, I decided to be evil. :devil: :devil: Here goes: https://i.imgur.com/kXX6xdi.png

Well, I think we've established a theme for this year's tree... :o

1 hour ago, felice said:

Colouring the tree would be a good next step; that gets tricky after people have started adding ornaments.

I prefer first the ornaments and then the background. Easier to add stuff when the background is still white. The sky you added was tricky enough for me.

But it doesn't really matter, it works both ways, let's see what happens next ... ;)

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Already working on it ;) 

it is done. Please remember: you asked for it. 
looking forward to adding it.

Do you plan on doing it now, or can I or somebody add something first? Just clarifying, I thought this post meant you are working on it and are going to post it.

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Do you plan on doing it now, or can I or somebody add something first? Just clarifying, I thought this post meant you are working on it and are going to post it.

Oh sorry for the ambiguity. Nope, I thought I’d add it later, as I was the last person to edit the tree. It’s all ready, but I’d wait for someone else to put their mark on the tree and revisit later so I don’t monopolize it. 

11 minutes ago, Tellus Explorer said:

http://imgur.com/a/BpleiFB

I'm good! Life's been an amusement park, and I'm engaged!

How have you been? 

Unsurprisingly this hasn’t been my best year, but I keep on paddling and thank the universe for not having been directly affected by covid at least. 

Congratulations on your engagement, great to hear you’ve been well! :cheers: 

And ahh, that Toilet paper! 

21 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Unsurprisingly this hasn’t been my best year, but I keep on paddling and thank the universe for not having been directly affected by covid at least. 

Congratulations on your engagement, great to hear you’ve been well! :cheers: 

And ahh, that Toilet paper! 

By amusement park I mean an annoying place that's full of crap. Congratulations for staying healthy! Are you okay? Or has it just been the everyday troubles of the pandemic that has you down?

Thank you, I'm excited but won't marry for a couple of years.

19 minutes ago, Tellus Explorer said:

By amusement park I mean an annoying place that's full of crap. Congratulations for staying healthy! Are you okay? Or has it just been the everyday troubles of the pandemic that has you down?

Thank you, I'm excited but won't marry for a couple of years.

Ah! Poor old amusement parks, not so amusing after all. Heh thanks so far so good. 
A mountain of family drama but i suppose that’s still preferable to any of us getting sick. Side by side with the pandemic, it’s a handful... or both arms and lap full. 

Is that something you guys chose because of the pandemic or other unrelated reasons? Whenever you do get married, have a happily ever after (and before)!

Archived