TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

40 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I don't really have anything to say,  ya know.  so much has not happened this year that is not global news It makes it hard to talk about anything.

This is true. I have run out of conversation topics with my family weeks or even months ago.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

This is true. I have run out of conversation topics with my family weeks or even months ago.

FB told me it was a year today that I had that encounter with the drug dealer road rage person demanding money after he crashed his car by overtaking me and zooming though one way traffic calming thing having a head on.  Ya know the guy who thought I was phoning my elderly mother to bring out all the cash she has in the house.

thats probably the last really interesting thing that happened to me.   I didn't need to go to court do to covid and him pleading guilty, they just read out my statement.

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

thats probably the last really interesting thing that happened to me.   I didn't need to go to court do to covid and him pleading guilty, they just read out my statement.

I'm glad my life doesn't get that interesting!

25 minutes ago, felice said:

I'm glad my life doesn't get that interesting!

but as long as everyone survives without any damage it means you get some really cool stories.  and my life doesn't normally get that interesting it was the first and only crime thing that has happened to me since I moved here.   (unless you count Helsinki, but he was off his meds and having a breakdown)

this one could have gone so so badly.   I was phoning the police pretending to phone my Mum as he was demanding money with menaces,  the Lady he hit was freaking out that I was giving in to him and paying him off, which was causing him to get more frantic as he wanted compliant non threatening people.   he was probably gonna take my car if we could have paid him off there and then, which would have been amusing after the event (its electric and you have to start it by pressing a button while pressing the brake peddle.  also drive is backwards, and revers is forward.) 

Once the police arrive he stopped threatening us tried to run, then had a confrontation and got himself tazered.

All the excitement was over by the time they found the kilo of coke.  They didn't tell me they found a gun until after I'd given a statement at the police station.  It could have gone so much wrong.  instead I get a cool story to tell my non-existent grand kids.  

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. Wow. I didn't know about this event. Pebble ... life throws very weird things at you. :blink: I am glad everything turned out okay and you were not harmed in the end, the situation sounds quite dangerous.

yeah it was rather more dangerous than I knew at the time.

At the time I wasn't I didn't feel afraid because I could not afford to be and pumped with too much adrenaline.  after he was dealt with, yes I fell apart, cos then its safe to do so.  I kinda have the ability to delay that reaction which has proved possibly a life saver.

I also vaugebooked this on the day, then removed even more details for legal reasons. he's doing time now so I can tell people about it.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

yeah it was rather more dangerous than I knew at the time.

At the time I wasn't I didn't feel afraid because I could not afford to be and pumped with too much adrenaline.  after he was dealt with, yes I fell apart, cos then its safe to do so.  I kinda have the ability to delay that reaction which has proved possibly a life saver.

I also vaugebooked this on the day, then removed even more details for legal reasons. he's doing time now so I can tell people about it.

This is a good ability that can help you a lot. My parents told me a few days ago about witnessing an event where somebody just started panicking in a crisis and couldn't calm down even though another person was already there with a clear head and helping. I am sure this made the situation worse.

It is really cold here these days. Almost no snow, but what little is there isn't melting.

But the days are already becoming a bit longer! I like that.

The EU bank data protection regulations are an absolute pain in the ass. I’ve been paying bills for an entire hour and I’m still not done because one payment request timed out even though it shows up in my balance. So I had to write to customer service. At this point it was easier and nearly faster to pop into the post office with a bunch of paper bills. 

And then my father calls me that he’s going to see my grandmother for 5 minutes and deliver her some shopping, do I want to come along? People, for six months, everybody pestered me about when I would find a job. Now I have one. So I can’t drop everything at half past three in the afternoon for a two-hour car trip. It’s one or the other. I can’t both have a job and be limitlessly available for whatever my father wants at any odd time of the day. 

I don’t know why I’m so crabby. Well, I do, I’m stressed about my doctor’s appointment. Which is entirely irrational, but I suppose that’s just how stress is. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The EU bank data protection regulations are an absolute pain in the ass. I’ve been paying bills for an entire hour and I’m still not done because one payment request timed out even though it shows up in my balance. So I had to write to customer service. At this point it was easier and nearly faster to pop into the post office with a bunch of paper bills. 

And then my father calls me that he’s going to see my grandmother for 5 minutes and deliver her some shopping, do I want to come along? People, for six months, everybody pestered me about when I would find a job. Now I have one. So I can’t drop everything at half past three in the afternoon for a two-hour car trip. It’s one or the other. I can’t both have a job and be limitlessly available for whatever my father wants at any odd time of the day. 

I don’t know why I’m so crabby. Well, I do, I’m stressed about my doctor’s appointment. Which is entirely irrational, but I suppose that’s just how stress is. 

Good luck with the doctor's appointment.

Don't go to the post office, online banking is much more practical.

There is not much interesting happening. I was just on a Skype call with my aunt and had very little to say because ... well, I am staying home and working from home, this is about all that is going on.

I suppose I will spend the evening watching more OUAT. For some reason I still want to know what happens next.

Edited by Buckwheat

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Good luck with the doctor's appointment.

Don't go to the post office, online banking is much more practical.

There is not much interesting happening. I was just on a Skype call with my aunt and had very little to say because ... well, I am staying home and working from home, this is about all that is going on.

I suppose I will spend the evening watching more OUAT. For some reason I still want to know what happens next.

It was ridiculous. Never going back to that doctor or clinic. Got home ten minutes before the curfew, vented for an hour about the appointment to different people, ordered a hot dog for dinner, then landed in a monumental fight with sister during which I broke a drying rack. It’ll be at least two more hours before I’m calm enough to fall asleep and tomorrow is another glorious workday. I guess I deserve the continued lack of sleep for the fight, but I still find it annoying and unfair because I’m a selfish human. 

OUAT was great for the first couple of seasons. I even rewatched those. I’m watching Bridgerton now which is a sweet, light hearted and entertaining regency version of gossip girl. 

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It was ridiculous. Never going back to that doctor or clinic. Got home ten minutes before the curfew, vented for an hour about the appointment to different people, ordered a hot dog for dinner, then landed in a monumental fight with sister during which I broke a drying rack. It’ll be at least two more hours before I’m calm enough to fall asleep and tomorrow is another glorious workday. I guess I deserve the continued lack of sleep for the fight, but I still find it annoying and unfair because I’m a selfish human. 

OUAT was great for the first couple of seasons. I even rewatched those. I’m watching Bridgerton now which is a sweet, light hearted and entertaining regency version of gossip girl. 

Sorry to hear about the fight with sister. :( Breaking a drying rack does not sound like a constructive way to solve conflict.

I finally put away the Christmas tree, it was time for that.

I haven't seen Bridgerton, but it does sound interesting.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry to hear about the fight with sister. :( Breaking a drying rack does not sound like a constructive way to solve conflict.

I finally put away the Christmas tree, it was time for that.

I haven't seen Bridgerton, but it does sound interesting.

Nope, definitely not. At least it still works and only two of the cross bars broke off. 

wow you had a Christmas tree all this time? Ah I miss the Christmas tree. 

I highly recommend it, just don’t go into it with any expectations of historical accuracy or complicated, subversive, post modern plot. And mind the 16+ rating. I thought it was a far more likable light-hearted cliche than Emily In Paris. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nope, definitely not. At least it still works and only two of the cross bars broke off. 

wow you had a Christmas tree all this time? Ah I miss the Christmas tree. 

I highly recommend it, just don’t go into it with any expectations of historical accuracy or complicated, subversive, post modern plot. And mind the 16+ rating. I thought it was a far more likable light-hearted cliche than Emily In Paris. 

Has sister mentioned any inclination of moving out? Also, what do your parents think of your inability to live peacefully with each other?

Yes, we are slow to put away the tree because we are too lazy to do it. :lol:

Oh, so you say it is very :leer:y? Do you remember a time where the :leer: emoticon was used all the time in this thread?

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Has sister mentioned any inclination of moving out? Also, what do your parents think of your inability to live peacefully with each other?

Yes, we are slow to put away the tree because we are too lazy to do it. :lol:

Oh, so you say it is very :leer:y? Do you remember a time where the :leer: emoticon was used all the time in this thread?

Yes, sister is definitely planning to move out, it’s just a matter of time and arrangement and neither of those is our strong suit. Well they know us, so I don’t think it’s a surprise for them that we find it difficult to make cohabiting work. They neither can nor should do anything about it, we are adults we should be able to handle ourselves (Though if I want to be immature and shift responsibility, it wasn’t Santa clause who raised us to be us :devil:)

:lol: Do you have a real tree or a fake one by the way? We used to take down the family tree in early January because it usually sheds like hell by that time. 

Yes, it’s quite :leer: and indeed I remember :lol: 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, sister is definitely planning to move out, it’s just a matter of time and arrangement and neither of those is our strong suit. Well they know us, so I don’t think it’s a surprise for them that we find it difficult to make cohabiting work. They neither can nor should do anything about it, we are adults we should be able to handle ourselves (Though if I want to be immature and shift responsibility, it wasn’t Santa clause who raised us to be us :devil:)

:lol: Do you have a real tree or a fake one by the way? We used to take down the family tree in early January because it usually sheds like hell by that time. 

I am sure time management and arranging stuff are your strong sides, at least judging by what you post here.

A fake one, always had one of these.

24 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Hello everyone!

I am a long time lurker but I only joined the forums last week and I came here to introduce myself.

Welcome! Tell us about yourself. :cheers: 

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A fake one, always had one of these.

Is yours rather wonky and weirdly tilted as well, if I may ask? Mine is and I’m thinking of getting a new one, of better quality. My current fake tree is from Tesco and while it’s served me well, the quality definitely reflects the price tag, and I wouldn’t mind a sturdier and better looking one. 

14 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Hello everyone!

I am a long time lurker but I only joined the forums last week and I came here to introduce myself.

Hi, welcome!  :cheers:  And nice user name! 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is yours rather wonky and weirdly tilted as well, if I may ask? Mine is and I’m thinking of getting a new one, of better quality. My current fake tree is from Tesco and while it’s served me well, the quality definitely reflects the price tag, and I wouldn’t mind a sturdier and better looking one. 

It is tilted if you don't set it right, but it is possible to fix it. I would say it is rather sturdy. We've had the same tree for many years now.

Happy weekend. :)

My tree is only 4 years old and I feel a bit bad about getting rid of it so soon, a fake tree is also supposed to be sustainable or what. Though I’m sure it’ll find a new home and many more Christmases to celebrate. 

Happy weekend! :cheers: I slacked a lot this week so I’ll have work a bit tomorrow or on Sunday. Kinda need to show something for the time I’m supposed spend working. My motivation levels haven’t been soaring lately. 

My motivation levels are down in the dumps too, I do my job but that's about it. :dunno: This lockdown is enitrely too long. At least it seems like the number of new infections is falling for the last couple of weeks, hopefully this trend continues even after the first few classes of school open next week (not my school, just primary schoolers).

I am so over our neighbours being loud the whole day. Can still here them right now. :rolleyes: