TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

My motivation levels are down in the dumps too, I do my job but that's about it. :dunno: This lockdown is enitrely too long. At least it seems like the number of new infections is falling for the last couple of weeks, hopefully this trend continues even after the first few classes of school open next week (not my school, just primary schoolers).

I am so over our neighbours being loud the whole day. Can still here them right now. :rolleyes: 

I feel you, even though our restrictions aren’t that bad. It’s still possible to go a very limited amount of leisure activities , such as go to shops, hair salons and get takeaway food/coffee. So we still don’t have the hardcore lockdown we did in spring when you could only go out to buy essentials (hygiene products, medicine and food). Our numbers have been steadily around 1000 since mid December with a small surge (2500ish) for a week after the holidays. That’s promising at least. :/ 

Sorry about the noise, that’s really annoying :( I had a little exchange with out neighbor too about 3am noise levels but he was very nice and they did stop with the parties after all. (They had three graduation parties on three consecutive weeknights, it was a delight)

I went to the post office today, picked up my new glasses and bought shampoo and conditioner in the drug store and a babka loaf in a bakery (it’s not great). This took 2 hours and 15 minutes and my mask was soaked through after 30. I suppose there’s nothing to do about that, it’s winter, but it’s still pretty uncomfortable and annoying.

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I live in the Dear green place in Alba, I love a good series and I will always choose a good book over people. I like my coffee black and my Martini dry, like my humour.  I am a long time lurker but the third lockdown is way too much for me to take, so here I am!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, felice said:

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

So what is Prešeren's? I really should visit galleries more often.

Today's public holiday in Slovenia, the anniversary of the death of the poet France Prešeren. Most museums and galleries are free on this day and usually there are poetry recitals, fairs, concerts or other events taking place. This year ... not so much because of covid. But there was nonetheless a long line of people waiting to enter the national gallery (we didn't have to wait since we had a reservation). Slovenes do seem to like their cultural institutions ... at least when they are free. :P 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Today's public holiday in Slovenia, the anniversary of the death of the poet France Prešeren. Most museums and galleries are free on this day and usually there are poetry recitals, fairs, concerts or other events taking place. This year ... not so much because of covid. But there was nonetheless a long line of people waiting to enter the national gallery (we didn't have to wait since we had a reservation). Slovenes do seem to like their cultural institutions ... at least when they are free. :P 

This is a beautiful way to celebrate something beautiful. (I mean not the poet’s death, but art in itself). 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I just realized I've been on this forum for 8 years already. Feels absolutely crazy, that's a third of my life :lol: 

It’ll be my 9-year board anniversary in spring :o probably the longest time I’ve stuck to anything after Facebook and YouTube. 

On 2/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, Buckwheat said:

Today's public holiday in Slovenia, the anniversary of the death of the poet France Prešeren. Most museums and galleries are free on this day and usually there are poetry recitals, fairs, concerts or other events taking place.

Cool :) That's one of the more interesting public holidays I've heard of.

19 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

spam.   So this thread ain't dead yet.

How is my Spam Family.  

Unfortunately I still don't have any news for you.  I've not done anything this a year ago.........

waaaaaaa waaaaaa 

Not dead, but on a ventilator, sadly.

Not much to share here either, so that sucks. Covid numbers are dropping in my country, which is good.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I just realized I've been on this forum for 8 years already. Feels absolutely crazy, that's a third of my life :lol: 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’ll be my 9-year board anniversary in spring :o probably the longest time I’ve stuck to anything after Facebook and YouTube. 

It only passed 10 years for me, more than a third of my life. One cannot believe it. :o 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh my sweet summer child,  I've been on here since before Facebook.

Now get off my lawn unless you are here to give me a vaccination.  I'll take any vaccination, don't even need to be for Covid19.

13 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Oh my sweet summer child,  I've been on here since before Facebook.

Me too. In face some friends from this board actually convinced me to make a facebook account.

I also cannot wait for the vaccinations. My grandparents got their first shot a couple of days ago! :commie:

Edited by Buckwheat

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It only passed 10 years for me, more than a third of my life. One cannot believe it. :o 

It's incredible that we're still here, even if the spam is slow. I was 15 when I joined and I'm 23 now, it's crazy how much has changed.

Half a million people have been vaccinated here in the Netherlands, which is a good start, but at the moment we're under a curfew, which we haven't had since WW2. Weird times.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's incredible that we're still here, even if the spam is slow. I was 15 when I joined and I'm 23 now, it's crazy how much has changed.

Half a million people have been vaccinated here in the Netherlands, which is a good start, but at the moment we're under a curfew, which we haven't had since WW2. Weird times.

The curfew sucks. <_< 

Not as much as the closure of municipalities/communes though. This sucks even more. <_< 

Edited by Buckwheat

Great to hear the vaccination is going well over there. My mum’s registered to get one as well, but she’s only 54 (next week actually) so it’s going to be a few more weeks before they get there. And my dad wants to get the Moderna shot as well, I’m hoping he will have an access soon enough. Thus far I have only medical worker acquaintances who actually got the shot. And it’s being rolled out for people above 75 I believe as we speak. 

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I was 19 when I joined and now I’m... 28 :crying: that’s so frightening. I didn’t even notice being 27, it flew right past me, because of covid. 
Curfew feels weird. Hang in there! 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Great to hear the vaccination is going well over there. My mum’s registered to get one as well, but she’s only 54 (next week actually) so it’s going to be a few more weeks before they get there. And my dad wants to get the Moderna shot as well, I’m hoping he will have an access soon enough. Thus far I have only medical worker acquaintances who actually got the shot. And it’s being rolled out for people above 75 I believe as we speak. 

I was 19 when I joined and now I’m... 28 :crying: that’s so frightening. I didn’t even notice being 27, it flew right past me, because of covid. 
Curfew feels weird. Hang in there! 

I was 28 when I joined.   I retire in 3 and a half years. (maybe less if I get made redundant)    Yes it will be an early retirement, no I will not be drawing pension for a while.  But I'm still gonna be retiring.   now that does make me feel old.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Me too. In face some friends from this board actually convinced me to make a facebook account.

I also cannot wait for the vaccinations. My grandparents got their first shot a couple of days ago! :commie:

well technically FB had only existed for 2 years before I joined this board but it wasn't a big thing,  I think Myspace was more the app, and friends re-united was still relevant. I had been spamming here for a year or two before we all created accounts and played farmsville.