TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

7 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I was 28 when I joined.   I retire in 3 and a half years. (maybe less if I get made redundant)    Yes it will be an early retirement, no I will not be drawing pension for a while.  But I'm still gonna be retiring.   now that does make me feel old.

I don’t know how many years that is, but I wouldn’t mind retiring early, pension or not. 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The curfew sucks. <_< 

Not as much as the closure of municipalities/communes though. This sucks even more. <_< 

I don't mind it that much, these days I'm usually home by 9 anyway. Stores being closed and how hard it is to meet up with friends is a bigger nuisance for me.

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Great to hear the vaccination is going well over there. My mum’s registered to get one as well, but she’s only 54 (next week actually) so it’s going to be a few more weeks before they get there. And my dad wants to get the Moderna shot as well, I’m hoping he will have an access soon enough. Thus far I have only medical worker acquaintances who actually got the shot. And it’s being rolled out for people above 75 I believe as we speak. 

I was 19 when I joined and now I’m... 28 :crying: that’s so frightening. I didn’t even notice being 27, it flew right past me, because of covid. 
Curfew feels weird. Hang in there! 

I hope your parents get one soon. And yeah, for me it's the same. It's gonna be a looong time before I'm eligible for a shot.
It's so weird. My year of being 22 was three months of complete craziness and then nine consecutive months of just messing around in my dorm room. I turned 23 three weeks ago but I fortunately managed to actually have a pretty good celebration, within covid-rules.

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I don't mind it that much, these days I'm usually home by 9 anyway. Stores being closed and how hard it is to meet up with friends is a bigger nuisance for me.

I hope your parents get one soon. And yeah, for me it's the same. It's gonna be a looong time before I'm eligible for a shot.
It's so weird. My year of being 22 was three months of complete craziness and then nine consecutive months of just messing around in my dorm room. I turned 23 three weeks ago but I fortunately managed to actually have a pretty good celebration, within covid-rules.

The curfew practically doesn't bother me that much either, but psychologically it is really strange. I agree that not being able to see friends is much harder. What really bothers me most is the closure of municipalities, but that is being finally removed on Monday, along with some other restrictions. The curfew is staying.

Happy belated birthday! :commie:

My year of being 28 was similar. It seems like a wasted year and now my year of being 29 is starting to look about the same. I feel like I am wasting my last years of being under 30. :crying: 

Edited by Buckwheat

I know its hard, but try not to focus on the numbers.  they are arbetory. 

life is kinda on hold, but its not wasted if it means lots more life after instead of shortened life. Things will get better.  hold in there.  you're doing ok.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The curfew practically doesn't bother me that much either, but psychologically it is really strange. I agree that not being able to see friends is much harder. What really bothers me most is the closure of municipalities, but that is being finally removed on Monday, along with some other restrictions. The curfew is staying.

Happy belated birthday! :commie:

My year of being 28 was similar. It seems like a wasted year and now my year of being 29 is starting to look about the same. I feel like I am wasting my last years of being under 30. :crying: 

A municipality is like a city's general area right? Do you mean you can't travel to other cities? That feels almost as strange as the curfew does. 

Thank you :) 

It's frustrating not being able to pursue most of life's interesting options for this long a time, but I wouldn't call your years wasted. At least for me the lockdown has still been full of lessons.
Besides, pretty much everyone lost a year of their life, so you're not falling behind or anything. (And you're certainly not to blame for not doing much the past twelve months).

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

A municipality is like a city's general area right? Do you mean you can't travel to other cities? That feels almost as strange as the curfew does. 

Thank you :) 

It's frustrating not being able to pursue most of life's interesting options for this long a time, but I wouldn't call your years wasted. At least for me the lockdown has still been full of lessons.
Besides, pretty much everyone lost a year of their life, so you're not falling behind or anything. (And you're certainly not to blame for not doing much the past twelve months).

A city or a village/a few villages together, yep. Like the smallest possible administrative unit. And we've been closed into the one one lives since October except for necessary business or work. Our municipality/commune (not sure what the right word is even) is a small one and there literally isn't anything to do here, so this closure was what weighed on me the most.

Luckily, these restrictions are going to be lifted on Monday.

Lessons ... sure, some lessons I would gladly skip and live without.

Yes, almost everybody lost basically a year of their lives. Maybe the best off are young mothers who would be taking their maternity leave and spend most of the time at home with their baby this year anyway. :P

The funny thing is ... I actually got a pretty good job last year and I am taking the teachers' certification exam in two weeks (am spending a lot of time studying really boring stuff now, and getting really nervous about the exam), so profesionally, this last year isn't even that wasted for me (at least if I pass the exam, that is). I should remind myself of that more, I suppose. It really wrecked my mental state and ruined all of my private life, though.

24 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

A city or a village/a few villages together, yep. Like the smallest possible administrative unit. And we've been closed into the one one lives since October except for necessary business or work. Our municipality/commune (not sure what the right word is even) is a small one and there literally isn't anything to do here, so this closure was what weighed on me the most.

Yes, almost everybody lost basically a year of their lives. Maybe the best off are young mothers who would be taking their maternity leave and spend most of the time at home with their baby this year anyway. :P

The funny thing is ... I actually got a pretty good job last year and I am taking the teachers' certification exam in two weeks (am spending a lot of time studying really boring stuff now, and getting really nervous about the exam), so profesionally, this last year isn't even that wasted for me (at least if I pass the exam, that is). I should remind myself of that more, I suppose. It really wrecked my mental state and ruined all of my private life, though.

You have to find ways to connect to people.  It is hard, really hard.  It's ok not to be ok.

Also if you can try and look for things that have gone right and focus on them. Even stupid stuff like a pretty Sun set.  It can all help.

Or you could invest in a zorbing dating business.  And sheets with a small hole in them.  These could be growth industries if this goes on much longer.

Oh and decorate a festive tree with other year round celebrations.  A tree don't have to be just for xmas 

6 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

You have to find ways to connect to people.  It is hard, really hard.  It's ok not to be ok.

Also if you can try and look for things that have gone right and focus on them. Even stupid stuff like a pretty Sun set.  It can all help.

Or you could invest in a zorbing dating business.  And sheets with a small hole in them.  These could be growth industries if this goes on much longer.

Oh and decorate a festive tree with other year round celebrations.  A tree don't have to be just for xmas 

I am trying, I am messaging with friends and having videochats/phone calls. It is just ... really not it. It cannot replace the actual presence. I had a long talk with a friend yesterday after feeling particularly shitty and it helped.

What are your suggestions here, Pebbs? What the hell is ... zorbing? Is that a typo? Of what? :blink: And ... sheets, what?

You mean, a tree here on the forum, a virtual one? I cannot have a tree in our flat. 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am trying, I am messaging with friends and having videochats/phone calls. It is just ... really not it. It cannot replace the actual presence. I had a long talk with a friend yesterday after feeling particularly shitty and it helped.

What are your suggestions here, Pebbs? What the hell is ... zorbing? Is that a typo? Of what? :blink: And ... sheets, what?

You mean, a tree here on the forum, a virtual one? I cannot have a tree in our flat. 

A sheet to provide A covid barrier the hole to allow :smileysex:

Yes I expect you to blush.

Zorbing is not a typo.  Think hamster balls for people.  It would be a nice covid safe way to meet people, just avoid zorbing in China shops.

We do have to make 3xtra effort to have time for people and be inventive with the details of how to catch up.  It's not the same, we can't have physical contact it makes things hard.  But things will get better.  Eventually.

And yes the tree decorating in forum games.  I was board at work last night.

13 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

A sheet to provide A covid barrier the hole to allow :smileysex:

Yes I expect you to blush.

Oh. :blushing:

It is not like such a contraption would help me any, since you know, nobody willing to come this close to me anyway.

Zorbing is not a typo.  Think hamster balls for people.  It would be a nice covid safe way to meet people, just avoid zorbing in China shops.

I see, just googled it. It doesn't look very practical, but well, it would surely be covid-safe.

We do have to make 3xtra effort to have time for people and be inventive with the details of how to catch up.  It's not the same, we can't have physical contact it makes things hard.  But things will get better.  Eventually.

Yep.

It will get better. I am clinging to this. This period of getting better keeps slipping away, but we are definitely closer now.

Tomorrow, I am going to have a phone call with a friend who has a way of calming me down and making me feel better. I am looking forward to this.

And yes the tree decorating in forum games.  I was board at work last night.

I will see what I can do ... :idea: I actually thought about playing pictionary in the past few weeks. I want to play, not host, though.

ETA: :idea: Next week is Mardi Gras/Carnival/Fasching/pust/whatever your language names this holiday. Do you people have any traditions for it in your countries? Maybe I could make a game based on drawing/pasting that.

Edited by Buckwheat

Well the sheet thing is a potential investment opportunity.  8f you are not at that stage in a relationship, you can still make money off those that are.

You could use a sheet with no hole so you can sit close and kinda touch find out if you wat to graduate to thevhole version.

We don't really do mardi grais here, and our carnival is at a warmer time of year.

Yeah I too want to draw.  

5 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Well the sheet thing is a potential investment opportunity.  8f you are not at that stage in a relationship, you can still make money off those that are.

You could use a sheet with no hole so you can sit close and kinda touch find out if you wat to graduate to thevhole version.

We don't really do mardi grais here, and our carnival is at a warmer time of year.

Yeah I too want to draw.  

I wonder if that investment opportunity would be more profitable than my poor efforts at translating.

Maybe an Easter drawing game then? Or just a "spring is coming" general topic game?

Hmmmmm ... who would want to draw with us, and who would want to host a game? @RhaenysBee @honeyed chicken @HelenaExMachina @The BlackBear @Lany Freelove Cassandra ... ?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I wonder if that investment opportunity would be more profitable than my poor efforts at translating.

Maybe an Easter drawing game then? Or just a "spring is coming" general topic game?

Hmmmmm ... who would want to draw with us, and who would want to host a game? @RhaenysBee @honeyed chicken @HelenaExMachina @The BlackBear @Lany Freelove Cassandra ... ?

I believe although maybe illegal Brothels can be rather profitable for the owners.

47 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ehh. I feel a little shit. I sincerely hope that it’s only a cold after freezing to death all weekend... 

Yikes! Is there a problem heating your flat? Hope you feel better soon.

I am studying for the teachers' exam next week. It is incredibly boring and the knowledge that this is how the whole week is going to look like is making me feel terrible. <_< At least I hope I manage to talk to some actual people this week.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

Yikes! Is there a problem heating your flat? Hope you feel better soon.

I am studying for the teachers' exam next week. It is incredibly boring and the knowledge that this is how the whole week is going to look like is making me feel terrible. <_< At least I hope I manage to talk to some actual people this week.

Nope, I visited my mum (another reason why I dearly hope this isn’t anything major) and it’s pretty damn cold in the country, the house is cold too and I spent a lot of time outside, in hardly suitable footwear. So I’m hoping it’s just that, a cold, which will go away in two days. 

Good luck with your studying and the exam! Fingers crossed for a little socializing! :cheers: 

Hope you feel better soon Rhaenys!

On 2/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, Buckwheat said:

Yikes, that does sound crappy. Glad it's going to be lifted.

Yeah, that's all very understandable. Good luck with the exam, I hope it goes well.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, First of My Name said:

Hope you feel better soon Rhaenys!

Yikes, that does sound crappy. Glad it's going to be lifted.

Yeah, that's all very understandable. Good luck with the exam, I hope it goes well.

Thank you.

I have to go get tested for covid tomorrow - the school is opening next week, but only for the 4th year students (the ones about to finish secondary education this year). All the teachers and workers in schools must be tested weekly now. So ... I am driving 45 minutes in one direction to be there at 6.45 AM, to be tested in 10 or 20 minutes, and then drive back ... because I literally only teach one lesson in person (the rest of my lessons are not in 4th year) next week. It is a huge waste of time (and sleep!), but ... at least the schools are opening, I suppose?