TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Actually ... me too, so I hope neither the thread nor the word ends either.

But this is just post #184... does TTTNE still go to #1000 posts? (eta... errr wait.. #181... is this a countdown?)

I've not visited in a few years.. but things look pretty much the same around here! :)

Edited by Lucky Pierre

3 minutes ago, Lucky Pierre said:

But this is just post #184... does TTTNE still go to #1000 posts? (eta... errr wait.. #181... is this a countdown?)

I've not visited in a few years.. but things look pretty much the same around here! :)

Yes, still to 1000. Your post says 184 for me.

The difference is the fact that there are barely any spammers left and the thread moves extremely slowly. Look, this one started in the beginning of December. The threads often last for months now, which was unthinkable a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, still to 1000. Your post says 184 for me.

The difference is the fact that there are barely any spammers left and the thread moves extremely slowly. Look, this one started in the beginning of December. The threads often last for months now, which was unthinkable a few years ago.

Ohhh... I see... Yes, I remember, back in the day, we could get thru a new thread in a day! 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pierre said:

Ohhh... I see... Yes, I remember, back in the day, we could get thru a new thread in a day! 

I don't remember quite that far back. I remember when I joined it was about a week, ten days, maybe two weeks per thread.

7 hours ago, Lucky Pierre said:

It was delightful. Thank you. Just went out for a Mexican meal with the kids. 3 of us inside dining. Don't be too jeally... ;) 

Your braver than I am.  its been over a year now since I last ate inside (or sat outside) a restaurant.  or bar, or had my hair cut........   :cry:  I like really need my hair cut,  doubt I'll get it done this year either.

27 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Your braver than I am.  its been over a year now since I last ate inside (or sat outside) a restaurant.  or bar, or had my hair cut........   :cry:  I like really need my hair cut,  doubt I'll get it done this year either.

It's nearly two years since I had my hair cut. :blink: I also want to get a haircut some time soon. But it has always been a weird source of pride for me to not make appointments for it, and instead only go and see if they have time and have my hair cut on the same day. Of course now appointments are mandatory.

I did, however, eat outside (actually outside, like a terrace of a restaurant) last summer when the numbers were very low.

I have the teachers' certification exam today and I am counting down the last few hours and stressing out, so I am just going to spend some time here and try not to stress out too much. I know I don't remember everything I have read and can come up during the exam, but I also know that studying on the same day (or even the day before) the exam doesn't ever help and just makes one more nervous, so I am just trying to tell myself to be confident now.

I wish the exam would have been carried out in the morning. As it is, in the afternoon, you just have more hours to stress about it beforehand on the same day. Oh well. It will be over in the evening ...

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have the teachers' certification exam today and I am counting down the last few hours and stressing out, so I am just going to spend some time here and try not to stress out too much. I know I don't remember everything I have read and can come up during the exam, but I also know that studying on the same day (or even the day before) the exam doesn't ever help and just makes one more nervous, so I am just trying to tell myself to be confident now.

I wish the exam would have been carried out in the morning. As it is, in the afternoon, you just have more hours to stress about it beforehand on the same day. Oh well. It will be over in the evening ...

Fingers crossed for you, I hope know that you’ve successfully passed by the time you read this! :cheers:  You’ll rock that exam, thinking of you! 

Congratulations, Buckwheat!

I see a few of you are bravely pressing on with this thread. I have little to contribute. Task #1 for today - the dishes from yesterday. Task #2 - pick up ointment for the cat. Task #3 is actually quite hard but I don't want to think about it.