TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

8 minutes ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

Hello all :P

Hi! Tell us how are you doing! :D Any tuna? (You used to always post about tuna, right?)

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aaaaaw that sounds heavenly. One day I’ll see a hairdresser again as well. I hope :lol: 

nice to hear things are going well. Enjoy the normal-ish schooldays! 

I am sure you will. ;)

I will enjoy it ... but first, I will also enjoy tomorrow's Sunday. As in, being able to sleep in and not drive 45/50 minutes while it is still dark to get to the workplace. :D 

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

Gosh it’s been ages since I’ve been in a race, I hope I’m around for the next one :) 

Yeaaaaaaah ... you will have to wait for a while for that, I am afraid. :P

But nevertheless, welcome back! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

Gosh it’s been ages since I’ve been in a race, I hope I’m around for the next one :) 

There’s no such thing as a race anymore, so you aren’t missing out on anything :D it’s no coincidence the thread title says it might end :lol:

I am so terrified of getting a stick shoved up my nose though. :( I hate it.

There are still plenty of people behind me in the line. I suppose I can be glad I am not back there, but here? Maybe there are even fewer people in front of me than  behind me now.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*puts thread on the respirator*

Anybody home?

Oh god don’t say such thing :crying: 

yup. Everybody. :leaving: 

57 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Okay so I have nothing to do but post here for as long as I am waiting in this long-ass line to get a stupid covid-test, soooo ... weather?

It is clouded and cold. I regret not wearing tights under my trousers.

Weather is cold and windy though we don’t expect a blizzard. (It’s a running joke here that after laughably mild winters the public holiday of March 15 arrives with snow - sadly this has happened quite a few times in the 21st century).

hope you get to cozy up later today. 

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

This line is actually moving along okay. I was shocked when I arrived because the line was so long already before the testing even started. But once it gets moving, it moves quite quickly.

Do people actually keep a 2-meter distance when they stand in line over there? Because the max amount of space I’ve seen between people here in any line is 70-80ish cms.

glad you’re moving along though. And fingers crossed for a negative test. 

48 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am so terrified of getting a stick shoved up my nose though. :( I hate it.

There are still plenty of people behind me in the line. I suppose I can be glad I am not back there, but here? Maybe there are even fewer people in front of me than  behind me now.

This was me when I stood line to post Christmas packages back in December. It took altogether 2.5 hours. Keep calm and post. (And I hope you got your test by now and with a favorable result.) 

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

yup. Everybody. :leaving: 

Well, that is a healthy thing to do to prevent the spread of disease. #stayhome #keepcalmandpostintttne

Weather is cold and windy though we don’t expect a blizzard. (It’s a running joke here that after laughably mild winters the public holiday of March 15 arrives with snow - sadly this has happened quite a few times in the 21st century).

hope you get to cozy up later today.

I am already home now. It is defnitely cosier here than outside.

Do people actually keep a 2-meter distance when they stand in line over there? Because the max amount of space I’ve seen between people here in any line is 70-80ish cms.

glad you’re moving along though. And fingers crossed for a negative test. 

This was me when I stood line to post Christmas packages back in December. It took altogether 2.5 hours. Keep calm and post. (And I hope you got your test by now and with a favorable result.)

Nah, not 2 m. Maybe 1 m or so.

Thanks! I am waiting for the result now. I waited in line for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

I have developed a fear or people coming near my face with thin sticks. I admit it is not that painful physically, but these testings really disturb me mentally.

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, that is a healthy thing to do to prevent the spread of disease. #stayhome #keepcalmandpostintttne

I am already home now. It is defnitely cosier here than outside.

Nah, not 2 m. Maybe 1 m or so.

Thanks! I am waiting for the result now. I waited in line for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

I have developed a fear or people coming near my face with thin sticks. I admit it is not that painful physically, but these testings really disturb me mentally.

:agree: 

glad you got home and warmed up. 

Yup so it’s not a local thing, everybody half asses these guidelines. Sad. 

Holy smokes, that’s a lot of time to stand in line for a test. Fingers crossed for a positive result. 

Ah, I’m sorry. Let’s hope that things will take a positive turn in a few months and we won’t be needing all that much testing. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

glad you got home and warmed up. 

Yup so it’s not a local thing, everybody half asses these guidelines. Sad. 

Holy smokes, that’s a lot of time to stand in line for a test. Fingers crossed for a positive result. 

Ah, I’m sorry. Let’s hope that things will take a positive turn in a few months and we won’t be needing all that much testing. 

At least *most* people were properly masked. I mean, I also saw some smokers way ahead of me in line smoking. But generally, people behaved.

Actually, it is not ... that bad. I have heard of people waiting twice as long. And when the line moved, it actually went quicker than one would think. These tests really are quick.

And I got the result already, negative. Yay, I am free to go to work on Monday.

I need two more weekly tests, and then it will be more than 21 days after the first AZ injection, so I won't need the weekly testing anymore. Looking forward to that!

How are you doing, anyway?

Edited by Buckwheat

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

At least *most* people were properly masked. I mean, I also saw some smokers way ahead of me in line smoking. But generally, people behaved.

Actually, it is not ... that bad. I have heard of people waiting twice as long. And when the line moved, it actually went quicker than one would think. These tests really are quick.

And I got the result already, negative. Yay, I am free to go to work on Monday.

I need two more weekly tests, and then it will be more than 21 days after the first AZ injection, so I won't need the weekly testing anymore. Looking forward to that!

How are you doing, anyway?

Oh smoking??? But aren’t one supposed to not even eat or drink before the swabs? :eek: how does the test even work like that? 

:thumbsup: for the result, glad you’re fine! 

that sounds fair enough. Only three more weeks then! 

I’m fine, I can smell candles now. I did do some cleaning and tidying today which left me unduly shattered, but I suppose I should take it step by step. 

23 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh smoking??? But aren’t one supposed to not even eat or drink before the swabs? :eek: how does the test even work like that? 

I’m fine, I can smell candles now. I did do some cleaning and tidying today which left me unduly shattered, but I suppose I should take it step by step. 

IDK, I always ate and drank before the swabs. Never heard that one shouldn't do it. :dunno:

:thumbsup: Congratulations on your sense of smell returning.

And look, Rhae and @HelenaExMachina! Young Rebecca also played young Regina on OUAT! 

49 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

IDK, I always ate and drank before the swabs. Never heard that one shouldn't do it. :dunno:

:thumbsup: Congratulations on your sense of smell returning.

And look, Rhae and @HelenaExMachina! Young Rebecca also played young Regina on OUAT! 

Wow. And here we are told to not even drink water 4 hours before the swab. I don’t know anything anymore. 

oh great find! I would never have spotted that myself! Ah OUAT was such a fun show. But I don’t think I could take it in for a third time. What I really want to rewatch is Charmed but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. What an underrated treasure that was. 

Prince William didn’t go home tonight... one more miracle from him would be most welcome but I’m not sure I dare to hope for it... this is really not how I want to lose him. 

He’s still not back. At this point the best prospect is to find his body so we know what happened to him and get to bury him. 

PW has returned. He’s quite unwell but I’m hoping it’s only cold and exhaustion and he’ll sleep it off and recover one last time. I really really really want to see him again before he dies and the best case scenario is seeing him at Easter. 

And yes I was up half the night and I cried my eyes out this morning, no shame. I should catch up on sleeping or do something to distract myself from this experience. 

Edited by RhaenysBee