TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 5/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, Buckwheat said:

@Arya kiddin', exciting news about the move! What is it that you do as a job again?

Bucky, I work as a Data Scientist. My org contracts out data sciences work to other companies who dont have expertise for it. They mostly work for American companies so these kind of moves are not uncommon.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Aw my gawd, people:blush::wub: you won’t believe what happened...!

Behold.

they are so pretteeeeeeeee. Thanks again for all the tips and tricks. 
I suppose this simple and easy recipe is what I should have stated with in the first place. But the hot cross bun experience didn’t go to waste at least. Besides, a learning curve was inevitable anyway. 

I’m proud of these. 

RB they look so appetizing. The color looks so good. I really want to have a sweet bun now *adds to shopping list*

The weeks in this pandemic are just whooshing by. Also the US being US has ended mask mandate, saying fully vaccinated peeps don't need a mask anymore. The crazies just get a free pass now :spank:

Has anybody played the Mass Effect games? I used to love them back when they released and a remaster dropped last Friday. It has now consumed my life. :worried:

4 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Bucky, I work as a Data Scientist. My org contracts out data sciences work to other companies who dont have expertise for it. They mostly work for American companies so these kind of moves are not uncommon.

RB they look so appetizing. The color looks so good. I really want to have a sweet bun now *adds to shopping list*

The weeks in this pandemic are just whooshing by. Also the US being US has ended mask mandate, saying fully vaccinated peeps don't need a mask anymore. The crazies just get a free pass now :spank:

Has anybody played the Mass Effect games? I used to love them back when they released and a remaster dropped last Friday. It has now consumed my life. :worried:

Nice! That’s a hot field of science right now. Lots of interesting projects and room for innovation. 

Yes, time is going insanely quickly. Weeks and months just rush by. And I seem to have this feeling that nothing is happening, even though quite a bit happened to me in 2020, just not the usual “oh I went on this nice holiday” and “what a lovely long weekend we had in...[insert travel destination]” and “that was such a cool concert/exhibition/field trip/etc”. Everything that happened was either so much bigger or so much smaller than a generic leisure experience. 

:lol: :lol: I suppose that doesn’t obstruct the constitutional rights of individuals if the US does it. We have a similar system, people with vaccination cards get to ditch masks outside and go to enclosed places (cinema, restaurant interior, etc). There’s an insane backlash because people feel this is discrimination against those who don’t want to get a vaccine. :dunno: 

Nope, haven’t heard of these games. 

I’m watching The Morning Show and it’s quite good so far. Also watched Defending Jacob over the weekend which was all right, though the last episode pissed me off. 

Time goes by weirdly indeed in these corona-circumstances. On the one hand, one feels like nothing much happens, even though it does. On the other hand, now we are so used to these circumstances that it feels like the whole life has been like this ... and one cannot imagine the life without mask mandates and vaccination crazies and fear of infection everywhere. How easy was life then!

I graded approximately 100 tests in the last few days. This was tiring and stressful. There is always a lot to do in school. Work is about the only interesting thing going on for me these days. :dunno: 

16 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Yeah, I'm a BioWare fan. I played the Mass Effect series relatively recently (years after it was first released) though, so the remaster is a bit too soon for me and I don't have much time for gaming at the moment anyway. Are you finding it a big improvement?

Edited by felice

On 5/18/2021 at 4:33 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Nice! That’s a hot field of science right now. Lots of interesting projects and room for innovation. 

Yes, time is going insanely quickly. Weeks and months just rush by. And I seem to have this feeling that nothing is happening, even though quite a bit happened to me in 2020, just not the usual “oh I went on this nice holiday” and “what a lovely long weekend we had in...[insert travel destination]” and “that was such a cool concert/exhibition/field trip/etc”. Everything that happened was either so much bigger or so much smaller than a generic leisure experience. 

:lol: :lol: I suppose that doesn’t obstruct the constitutional rights of individuals if the US does it. We have a similar system, people with vaccination cards get to ditch masks outside and go to enclosed places (cinema, restaurant interior, etc). There’s an insane backlash because people feel this is discrimination against those who don’t want to get a vaccine. :dunno: 

Nope, haven’t heard of these games. 

I’m watching The Morning Show and it’s quite good so far. Also watched Defending Jacob over the weekend which was all right, though the last episode pissed me off. 

Yeah, the last vacation proper I had was a year back in January, just before the madness started. I so wish for things to be normal again.

I'll check out Defending Jacob. I was hunting for something new.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

Time goes by weirdly indeed in these corona-circumstances. On the one hand, one feels like nothing much happens, even though it does. On the other hand, now we are so used to these circumstances that it feels like the whole life has been like this ... and one cannot imagine the life without mask mandates and vaccination crazies and fear of infection everywhere. How easy was life then!

I graded approximately 100 tests in the last few days. This was tiring and stressful. There is always a lot to do in school. Work is about the only interesting thing going on for me these days. :dunno: 

That's insanely productive. Good that work is interesting. My work has kind of stagnated lately, because the company I'm working for keep making personnel changes and keep changing their minds about what they want to do. :thumbsdown:

On 5/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, felice said:

Yeah, I'm a BioWare fan. I played the Mass Effect series relatively recently (years after it was first released) though, so the remaster is a bit too soon for me and I don't have much time for gaming at the moment anyway. Are you finding it a big improvement?

Oh great! another fan :cheers:. I think if you played it recently getting the remaster might not be worth it. They packaged all three games and all DLCs in a single offering, and there is no multiplayer required. I'm on the first game only and there are some quality of life changes - mostly things don't take a million bullets before they die, so it's less tedium that way. But there are no extras per se, if you played the original you have the full experience as far as I know.

Also, do you play the Dragon Age series? I always liked that one better, and am looking forward to the next one.

6 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

That's insanely productive. Good that work is interesting. My work has kind of stagnated lately, because the company I'm working for keep making personnel changes and keep changing their minds about what they want to do. :thumbsdown:

This doesn't sound very stable.

My job is tiring me out so much. But even more tiring is the commute. I am exhausted every afternoon, even when I haven't had so much actual work. I suspect driving to get to work is tiring me out more than the work itself does. This is not sustainable in the long term. :( 

My mother suggested visiting relatives this weekend and I don't even feel like going simply because I don't want to have to sit in a car on the weekend too - this side of the family lives further away than my job is. I mean, I wouldn't be driving myself, but still.

Edited by Buckwheat

7 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Yeah, the last vacation proper I had was a year back in January, just before the madness started. I so wish for things to be normal again.

I'll check out Defending Jacob. I was hunting for something new.

Ah mine was in 2019 November. Oh it was so lovely. Can’t wait to go back. :( 

Let me know how you like it! I thought it was quite good until the last episode. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

You’re absolutely right, it’s exactly how it feels. I’m actually kinda dreading “normal”. I never enjoyed rushing around like a crazy person all week, trying to fit life between work and the limitation of opening hours. And I have quite a hefty to-do list once I return to “normal” being fully vaccinated. 

I think that’s the same for most people - work’s being the only thing that happens to us. I don’t mind my job too much. It’s definitely imperfect but there’s potential and I still very much love the benefit package. 

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

This doesn't sound very stable.

My job is tiring me out so much. But even more tiring is the commute. I am exhausted every afternoon, even when I haven't had so much actual work. I suspect driving to get to work is tiring me out more than the work itself does. This is not sustainable in the long term. :( 

My mother suggested visiting relatives this weekend and I don't even feel like going simply because I don't want to have to sit in a car on the weekend too - this side of the family lives further away than my job is. I mean, I wouldn't be driving myself, but still.

I sympathize, even though I haven’t driven in... must be over 6 months. But the main reason I hate driving is how tiring it is for me. Both physically and mentally. At least proper driving and not just getting to the grocery store/vet/pet food/flower shop next town. 

Do you have a chance to wind down after work or a tiring week? 

I broke my after work routine and neither  exercised nor cooked. It was a bad idea, I feel restless and stiff, I didn’t enjoy dinner and I can tell I’ll have a shit night of sleep. I even had an aperol spritz and that didn’t feel nice either. But I won’t have a morning meeting tomorrow so I’ll try to do a little yoga session before work and not have a coffee and maybe I’ll feel better about myself. Although the root cause is that I’m going to see my mother tomorrow and even though I’m over the moon about it, it’s also “stressful”. In the sense that the most turbulence my life knew in the past three months were deliveries and walks. But it’s fine because I can’t wait to see the dogs and it’ll be a long weekend :commie: 

8 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Also, do you play the Dragon Age series? I always liked that one better, and am looking forward to the next one.

Ditto. I'm concerned about staff turnover behind the scenes, particularly the loss of David Gaider, but still keen to see the next installment. I hope they move on to Dragon Age II for remastering next - I love the story and characters, but there's room for improvement with the gameplay and especially with the locations.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeah, I've been mostly working from home for years, but on the occasions that I do go all the way in to town and back, it is surprisingly exhausting. I don't know how I'd cope if I hard to start commuting every day.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

What dreary weather! I usually don’t mind rain at all, but it’s a bit frustrating that it’s taking valuable time from dog walking.

You managed to go to the country this weekend? Great news!

And yes, the weather is rainy and annoying. It is very unusal for the latter half of May. I want a more spring-like spring ...

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You managed to go to the country this weekend? Great news!

And yes, the weather is rainy and annoying. It is very unusal for the latter half of May. I want a more spring-like spring ...

Yes, it finally happened, I can’t believe it myself. I’ll stay here till Wednesday when I have to go back to get a vaccine on Thursday. 

Yup, it’s just pouring and pouring and pouring with no stop. I hope tomorrow will be a bit less rainy because I want to be outside. 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, it finally happened, I can’t believe it myself. I’ll stay here till Wednesday when I have to go back to get a vaccine on Thursday. 

Yup, it’s just pouring and pouring and pouring with no stop. I hope tomorrow will be a bit less rainy because I want to be outside. 

Yay for the vaccine too.

When did you have covid, though? Here you have to wait 6 months after the infection to be vaccinated.

I am STILL waiting for the appointment for the second dose, even though it's been two and a half months since the first one now. Some of my coworkers, who were vaccinated at the same time as me, have their second appointment already.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yay for the vaccine too.

When did you have covid, though? Here you have to wait 6 months after the infection to be vaccinated.

I am STILL waiting for the appointment for the second dose, even though it's been two and a half months since the first one now. Some of my coworkers, who were vaccinated at the same time as me, have their second appointment already.

End of Feb, beginning of March. Here it’s 3 months, but now they say one doesn’t even need to wait that long. It’s been 11 and a half weeks for me, the GP said that’s fine. 

Oh damn, that’s annoying. I hope you get your appointment soon! 

On 5/18/2021 at 6:03 AM, Arya kiddin' said:

I'm playing the remaster as well! It's been about five years since I played the originals and I am absolutely loving it, about halfway through the first one now. I've never played most of the DLCs so I'm very excited for those.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, First of My Name said:

playing the remaster as well! It's been about five years since I played the originals and I am absolutely loving it, about halfway through the first one now. I've never played most of the DLCs so I'm very excited for those

On 5/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, Buckwheat said:

Urgh. Students were really unruly today. Didn't manage to work through even half of what I wanted to do in these two hours. Hopefully they behave better the next time I teach this group.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, felice said:

Ditto. I'm concerned about staff turnover behind the scenes, particularly the loss of David Gaider, but still keen to see the next installment. I hope they move on to Dragon Age II for remastering next - I love the story and characters, but there's room for improvement with the gameplay and especially with the locations.

Yeah, I've been mostly working from home for years, but on the occasions that I do go all the way in to town and back, it is surprisingly exhausting. I don't know how I'd cope if I hard to start commuting every day.

I'm not sure whether I prefer Weekes to Gaider, maybe we'll see how Weekes handles the 4th game. I'm pumped for it since hearing that they scrapped the live gaming model since Anthem bombed and it will be a proper single player game. Hope they dont muck it up

On 5/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, First of My Name said:

I'm playing the remaster as well! It's been about five years since I played the originals and I am absolutely loving it, about halfway through the first one now. I've never played most of the DLCs so I'm very excited for those.

FOMN :cheers: . The DLCs are really good especially for 2 and 3. Lair of the Shadow Broker in 2 is amazing. I'm midway the second game now (forgot how difficult Horizon was lol)

On 5/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, Buckwheat said:

Urgh. Students were really unruly today. Didn't manage to work through even half of what I wanted to do in these two hours. Hopefully they behave better the next time I teach this group.

Oh that sucks. It takes one unruly kid to rile them all I guess. Make him the class monitor maybe (don't know I'm not a teacher :bang:)

The weather has been consistently hot these past few days in high 20s with no rain. Thursday it might rain and I'll be able to go out again.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, Arya kiddin' said:

Oh that sucks. It takes one unruly kid to rile them all I guess. Make him the class monitor maybe (don't know I'm not a teacher :bang:)

The weather has been consistently hot these past few days in high 20s with no rain. Thursday it might rain and I'll be able to go out again.

I am not sure what you mean by class monitor. In this case, there were several who were unruly ... but, luckily, there were also some who actually tried to calm their classmates down and wanted to work, so at least that is great to hear.

I envy your nice weather! Today is kind of sunny here, but it was way too cold for the end of May in the morning. The summer doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.

Edited by Buckwheat

Ugh, get well soon @Buckwheat! :cheers: 

it’s been a nice spring here for the past two-three days, but rain is supposed to return at the end of the week/next week. 

And I just got my vaccine, yay. So far so good, although I am pretty tired as I woke up around 4:30 because I was nervous about the vaccine. And I didn’t ask the old ladies at the vaccine station if I’m allowed to have caffeine. They didn’t really give any directions, they just told me to expect a bit of arm ache and maybe swelling. And they asked me 3 times if I’m sure I’m not pregnant... yes, lady, trust me I’m sure, I’d remember being closer than 1.5 meters to a man. Gee. 

Anyway, that cannot be said of PW who’s got a new girlfriend. I seriously didn’t think that a 13 year old dog still had it, until I saw him hump this lady dog for half an hour in the middle of the street yesterday morning. It was the most ridiculous experience. For me, I’m sure they had fun. I’m back in the city now and I miss them already. They were so cute and fluffy and it was so nice to walk 10k a day with various dogs. 

Yes, I’m definitely turning into a crazy dog lady. I need that second vaccine and a date. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, I’m definitely turning into a crazy dog lady. I need that second vaccine and a date. 

Maybe you could meet someone in the vaccine queue. You will know he is vaccinated!