TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

it’s been a nice spring here for the past two-three days, but rain is supposed to return at the end of the week/next week. 

I am supposed to go on a field trip with the students on Monday again. I very much hope it is not going to rain on that day.

And I just got my vaccine, yay. So far so good, although I am pretty tired as I woke up around 4:30 because I was nervous about the vaccine. And I didn’t ask the old ladies at the vaccine station if I’m allowed to have caffeine. They didn’t really give any directions, they just told me to expect a bit of arm ache and maybe swelling. And they asked me 3 times if I’m sure I’m not pregnant... yes, lady, trust me I’m sure, I’d remember being closer than 1.5 meters to a man. Gee.

Yay about the vaccine.

I don't think caffeine is problematic at all. At least I have never heard of it. I even read instructions that said that one is supposed to take all their regular medicine as usual before vaccination, and nothing about avoiding anything.

Anyway, that cannot be said of PW who’s got a new girlfriend. I seriously didn’t think that a 13 year old dog still had it, until I saw him hump this lady dog for half an hour in the middle of the street yesterday morning. It was the most ridiculous experience. For me, I’m sure they had fun. I’m back in the city now and I miss them already. They were so cute and fluffy and it was so nice to walk 10k a day with various dogs.

Just wait ... you will have to take care of the whole family soon!

My relatives are keeping their lady dog mostly inside and only let her outside when she is accompanied and on a leash right now, as she is in heat. They are planning to have her sterilised as soon as she is old enough.

Yes, I’m definitely turning into a crazy dog lady. I need that second vaccine and a date. 

Don't we all ... :P

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

Maybe you could meet someone in the vaccine queue. You will know he is vaccinated!

This is actually a good idea. :D I mean, not for me as I am going to be vaccinated through my work, which means with coworkers, but, well, it might work for other people.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am supposed to go on a field trip with the students on Monday again. I very much hope it is not going to rain on that day.

Yay about the vaccine.

I don't think caffeine is problematic at all. At least I have never heard of it. I even read instructions that said that one is supposed to take all their regular medicine as usual before vaccination, and nothing about avoiding anything.

Just wait ... you will have to take care of the whole family soon!

My relatives are keeping their lady dog mostly inside and only let her outside when she is accompanied and on a leash right now, as she is in heat. They are planning to have her sterilised as soon as she is old enough.

Don't we all ... :P

This is actually a good idea. :D I mean, not for me as I am going to be vaccinated through my work, which means with coworkers, but, well, it might work for other people.

Fingers crossed for nice weather. It’s sunny and mellow here, exactly what you’d expect in spring, but rain is coming back on Sunday, if the forecast is to be believed. 

I did have a cup of black tea this morning because the vaccine destroyed me last night and didn’t have a whole lot of sleep. I’ll log out of work early and take a nap in the afternoon, that should make up for it. 

That makes perfect sense. And I suppose it’s a good idea to get her spayed as well, it’ll make their lives easier. We didn’t get PW neutered and well... life has been sweet, fluffy, fun but hardly easy with him. 

Finally as weekend approaches weather takes a turn to be bearable, it's been raining since morning. And good to know you got your first vaccine @RhaenysBee . Mine is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and I'm nervous. I'll stock up on food and fruits and meds today and hopefully I won't get too sick.

@Buckwheat getting vaccinated through work sounds nice, there will be company.

Also it's Friday, and this was a loooong week at work so I'm happy to be done.

I just asked for my second vaccination, which was scheduled for tomorrow, to be rescheduled. I still have this weird tummy bug and just in case anything goes wrong.

It is Friday, but I still have to be at my workplace tomorrow, on Saturday. And next Saturday too. The final exams are taking place and some are on Saturdays, so I have to be there to oversee. The next few weeks are going to be very busy and stressful with finalising the grades and the students becoming more and more unruly.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Buckwheat said:

I just asked for my second vaccination, which was scheduled for tomorrow, to be rescheduled. I still have this weird tummy bug and just in case anything goes wrong.

It is Friday, but I still have to be at my workplace tomorrow, on Saturday. And next Saturday too. The final exams are taking place and some are on Saturdays, so I have to be there to oversee. The next few weeks are going to be very busy and stressful with finalising the grades and the students becoming more and more unruly.

Say strong Buck. Getting two weekends shortened in a row is going to be hectic.

I just got my first shot this afternoon. So far don't feel any different, would know in a couple hours. This is thankfully a long weekend here with Monday being a holiday for Memorial day. So I will just sloth around I guess :dunno:

On 5/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, Arya kiddin' said:

Iod especially for 2 and 3. Lair of the Shadow Broker in 2 is amazing. I'm midway the second game now (forgot how difficult Horizon was lol)

Yeah so I've heard! I'm gonna do Noveria tonight. And yeah from what I remember of Horizon that mission scared the crap out of me lol, the Collectors creeped me out.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Arya kiddin' said:

Say strong Buck. Getting two weekends shortened in a row is going to be hectic.

I just got my first shot this afternoon. So far don't feel any different, would know in a couple hours. This is thankfully a long weekend here with Monday being a holiday for Memorial day. So I will just sloth around I guess :dunno:

Yay for the vaccine! Hope you’re still feeling all right and it didn’t hit you hard! :cheers: Slothing around sounds like the best post vaccine weekend!

My first shot did knock me out for like two days, I ran a fever on Thursday and Friday evening, did nothing but lie in bed all Saturday, but I was felt fresh, new and perfectly fine by Sunday, so it’s okay. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Glad to hear from those who made it through:):)

I had my second Pfizer shot. I’m eligible because of my medical health and other reasons. ( not wanting to infect caregivers is high on my list). I was advised to take ibuprofen if I had problems, but I didn’t want to interfere with my immune response. Yes, the shot didn’t hurt much( on  my pain scale it was a joke). My arm did hurt after, and eventually I did take an ibuprofen. It fixed the growing pain surprisingly well and fairly quickly! I’ve never had difficulty with the many vaccines that I’ve had over decades.

This result all means that I won’t likely get a problem with most variants and won’t infect others. Also it means( mild symptoms the first time), that my previously impaired immune system is on the job. Yay! However, I would have given the dose to my DH, if I had the option.

I booked an appointment to get my hair done but I got paranoid about it again. Is it okay to go and get my hair done only a week before I see my mother? 
then again, daily cases are under 200, which is the lowest since last August. NOW is the time to get my hair done because who knows what the hell is coming later. Ugh. 

On 5/31/2021 at 7:50 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yay for the vaccine! Hope you’re still feeling all right and it didn’t hit you hard! :cheers: Slothing around sounds like the best post vaccine weekend!

My first shot did knock me out for like two days, I ran a fever on Thursday and Friday evening, did nothing but lie in bed all Saturday, but I was felt fresh, new and perfectly fine by Sunday, so it’s okay. 

I jut had a sore arm when I woke up after the first night, but by afternoon it was gone. Overall no issues.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:39 AM, HoodedCrow said:

Glad to hear from those who made it through:):)

I had my second Pfizer shot. I’m eligible because of my medical health and other reasons. ( not wanting to infect caregivers is high on my list). I was advised to take ibuprofen if I had problems, but I didn’t want to interfere with my immune response. Yes, the shot didn’t hurt much( on  my pain scale it was a joke). My arm did hurt after, and eventually I did take an ibuprofen. It fixed the growing pain surprisingly well and fairly quickly! I’ve never had difficulty with the many vaccines that I’ve had over decades.

This result all means that I won’t likely get a problem with most variants and won’t infect others. Also it means( mild symptoms the first time), that my previously impaired immune system is on the job. Yay! However, I would have given the dose to my DH, if I had the option.

Glad to hear ibuprofen worked, I had it with me for the first shot, but did not need it. Might need it for the second one.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I booked an appointment to get my hair done but I got paranoid about it again. Is it okay to go and get my hair done only a week before I see my mother? 
then again, daily cases are under 200, which is the lowest since last August. NOW is the time to get my hair done because who knows what the hell is coming later. Ugh. 

Where is this caution where I live *screams*. The place I go to for haircut emailed me this past weekend that customers no longer are required to wear masks while getting a haircut. Their employees will continue to do so though. Makes me rage.

28 minutes ago, Arya kiddin' said:

I jut had a sore arm when I woke up after the first night, but by afternoon it was gone. Overall no issues.

Glad to hear ibuprofen worked, I had it with me for the first shot, but did not need it. Might need it for the second one.

Where is this caution where I live *screams*. The place I go to for haircut emailed me this past weekend that customers no longer are required to wear masks while getting a haircut. Their employees will continue to do so though. Makes me rage.

Great to hear you had no issues! :cheers: When is your second dose due?

I left my flat today and was surprised to find that even though masks are no longer obligatory in outdoor public places, some still stick to them. It was nice to see that I wasn’t the only creep who walked around in a mask. Will def insist on the hairdresser’s wearing a mask as well. 

I am getting my second dose tomorrow, hopefully without as severe side effects as last time.

I also got an invitation to a wedding from one of my friends!

Oh, and I oversaw the final exam in the high school I teach at today. I felt so important and authoritative and fancy doing all that documentation work (as in, putting the submitted papers from the students into a plastic bag and sealing it). But most of the time, it was just boring, sitting there waiting for the students to write.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am getting my second dose tomorrow, hopefully without as severe side effects as last time.

I also got an invitation to a wedding from one of my friends!

Oh, and I oversaw the final exam in the high school I teach at today. I felt so important and authoritative and fancy doing all that documentation work (as in, putting the submitted papers from the students into a plastic bag and sealing it). But most of the time, it was just boring, sitting there waiting for the students to write.

Ah good luck with the second dose! 

Congrats to the friend and enjoy the wedding party! :cheers: 

Wow you’re cool! I miss final exams. Being a high school senior was such a sweet period of my life. It was a great experience. Loved every minute of it. Except for certain aspects of the prom dance dress feuds maybe. 

About nine or ten hours since my second dose right now. I had some weird tingling sensation in my arm for a while and became really tired and sleepy in the afternoon, but otherwise, I feel fine. I so hope I won't wake up feverish tomorrow morning. I need to go to work (to yell at some 16-year-olds :rolleyes: ).

Hopefully I will enjoy it, Rhae. :D

I don't remember any prom dance dress feuds. Being in high school was quite sweet too. And easy. It is way easier being a student than a teacher, heh. :P 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh absolutely. so much easier. Huge respect to anybody who takes on teaching teenagers. Couldn’t imagine doing it. 

Hope you’re still doing well! And yay for vaccine number 2! :cheers: 

No severe side effects this time - aside from a bit of a sore feeling in my upper arm, I feel fine today. Yay! :cheers:

I actually prefer teaching these teenagers (the high-achieving, capable ones - I cannot imagine teaching at some worse school either) than smaller kids.

I have great, wonderful, fabulous news, I just got my new refrigerator delivered!

My old refrigerator died about the second week of January. Because of a combination of Covid-19 problems (workers, shipping containers, backed up ports, etc) and a trade war against China run by Trump, compressor deliveries had slowed down to a trickle to the US. My fridge was supposed to come at the end of March, they sent me an e-mail to pay the balance of my bill, and then I got a phone call telling me the shipment hadn't arrived and they had no delivery date in sight. I had a complicated April so didn't yell and scream at them, but at the start of May I called them up and asked where the devil my fridge was. They said end of May. No fridge. On Wednesday, June 2 I called them up and said, where's the damn fridge! And they said, oh, gee, look we have a fridge, when can we deliver. And here it is! 

After spending 5 months of living out of a mini-fridge, which is slightly taller than a bar fridge with about twice as much freezer space, so from almost nothing to two times almost nothing, I realize I could have lived with a slightly smaller fridge. However, I don't have a freezer, so the freezer space in this fridge is important.

I realize Europeans live with very small fridges but here in Canada we don't grocery shop for fresh food every day, usually just once a week.

Now I need to get the new fridge nice and cold, transfer the stuff from the mini, unplug and clean up the mini, then bring it down to the basement to use as extra storage. I'll probably fill it with cans of soft drinks and bottles of water. Or maybe I will sell it.

Edited by Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have great, wonderful, fabulous news, I just got my new refrigerator delivered!

After spending 5 months of living out of a mini-fridge

Eeep! That certainly must be quite a relief. Having to wait a few days for a replacement fridge was bad enough.