TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

Well respect for that to you, I struggle more and more every year to find something to like about summer :/ 

I mean I do like a seaside summer holiday for two weeks, but for general everyday life, big no. Impossible to exist. I really should have got the AC fixed as well. 

but I can stay strong and push through for 3 more days. It’s Supposed to rain on Saturday and that should bring at least a couple days of relief. 

57 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m really cranky. Got my second vaccine today. It’s going to be pure joy to run a fever in 40C. 

Congratulations on the vaccine! Second dose shouldn't have such strong side effects.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations on the vaccine! Second dose shouldn't have such strong side effects.

Thank you. Oh it definitely did, after all. I spent Friday and Saturday lying in bed. It’s fine now, I’m still quite worn out but I think that’s just not sleeping and the physical impact of these lovely immune reactions.. oh well boo hoo. 

I came out to the park, because everything’s closed so I can’t run the errands I wanted to do on Saturday but couldn’t. 

How is everybody? 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you. Oh it definitely did, after all. I spent Friday and Saturday lying in bed. It’s fine now, I’m still quite worn out but I think that’s just not sleeping and the physical impact of these lovely immune reactions.. oh well boo hoo. 

I came out to the park, because everything’s closed so I can’t run the errands I wanted to do on Saturday but couldn’t. 

How is everybody? 

Oh, I am sorry about the side effects. Are you still feverish now?

Our school year finished and we have an extended weekend (Friday was public holiday), so I have less work than I did in the past few weeks. I still have work the next week and a half, though.

I am spending the extended weekend mostly gathering energy at home and working on other projects.

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I am sorry about the side effects. Are you still feverish now?

Our school year finished and we have an extended weekend (Friday was public holiday), so I have less work than I did in the past few weeks. I still have work the next week and a half, though.

I am spending the extended weekend mostly gathering energy at home and working on other projects.

Ah it’s okay, at least I know the vaccine did something. No, no fever since yesterday morning, at least. 

Yay for the long weekend!!! Hope you can relax and recharge. Good luck with home projects! :cheers: 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah it’s okay, at least I know the vaccine did something. No, no fever since yesterday morning, at least. 

Yay for the long weekend!!! Hope you can relax and recharge. Good luck with home projects! :cheers: 

Not really "home" projects, but thanks. :P Have to prepare a presentation of the topic of my thesis (I still have time for that, I am supposed to talk about it in July) and review some translations, which I just finished, so I am actually productive today. I am meeting a friend in the evening.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Not really "home" projects, but thanks. :P Have to prepare a presentation of the topic of my thesis (I still have time for that, I am supposed to talk about it in July) and review some translations, which I just finished, so I am actually productive today. I am meeting a friend in the evening.

Oh right, sorry. :blush: My brain tends to wash these two words together. Best lucK with the presentation! 

Hi Meera nice to see you! 
Btw I owe you a pm, not forgotten, I’m just terrible at time management.

it’s 37C again. Sister and I are trying to look for local holiday accommodation, but the situation is quite sad and demotivating. 90% of holiday houses are unkempt, uninviting, dated, shabby and not even clean and hygienic looking enough. If I want an Airbnb that’s not unkempt and shabby and dated, we are looking at a price of a two week holiday in an actual seaside resort in Spain or Italy sans covid. And I’m not really willing to  pay more for a substitute holiday than I would for a real holiday. It’s really sad that the market doesn’t force these holiday house owners to get their game together and at least do a tasteful facelift if not a full renovation on these places. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hi! How are you?

Fine! Just waiting for a final mark of my neverending master hehe, working on my thesis and thinking to vaccinate myself.

I hope all of u are ok!!!

Edited by Meera of Tarth

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hi Meera nice to see you! 
Btw I owe you a pm, not forgotten, I’m just terrible at time management.

Dont worry!! 

it’s 37C again. Sister and I are trying to look for local holiday accommodation, but the situation is quite sad and demotivating. 90% of holiday houses are unkempt, uninviting, dated, shabby and not even clean and hygienic looking enough. If I want an Airbnb that’s not unkempt and shabby and dated, we are looking at a price of a two week holiday in an actual seaside resort in Spain or Italy sans covid. And I’m not really willing to  pay more for a substitute holiday than I would for a real holiday. It’s really sad that the market doesn’t force these holiday house owners to get their game together and at least do a tasteful facelift if not a full renovation on these places. 

Oh no....hope u can find something not so very expensive soon

Sister found two nicer Airbnb’s, we are deciding between those now. One is a fair price, the other’s quite expensive, but at least there’s a value for price. Sister’s way better at navigating the hospitality industry than I am. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Fine! Just waiting for a final mark of my neverending master hehe, working on my thesis and thinking to vaccinate myself.

I hope all of u are ok!!!

Fingers crossed for a great mark, I know you worked very hard for it! 
I was sick as a dog with the vaccines but still highly recommend. stay safe! 

39 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sister found two nicer Airbnb’s, we are deciding between those now. One is a fair price, the other’s quite expensive, but at least there’s a value for price. Sister’s way better at navigating the hospitality industry than I am. 

Excuse me for asking, but how is your relationship with sister right now? I mean, why are you planning a holiday with somebody who constantly makes you crazy?

I thought the point of being a grown up was not having to spend holidays with family anymore. :P

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Excuse me for asking, but how is your relationship with sister right now? I mean, why are you planning a holiday with somebody who constantly makes you crazy?

I thought the point of being a grown up was not having to spend holidays with family anymore. :P

We get on quite decently when we aren’t locked up together 24/7.  It’s much nicer and easier when our different personalities, habits, daily routines and personal stress don’t clash 24 hours a day. 

exactly, a choice now. Or you know, a strong recommendation :D no, it’s entirely a choice, 2.5 days on a lakeside is certainly in the easy and nice territory of our sisterly relationship. 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Fingers crossed for a great mark, I know you worked very hard for it! 
I was sick as a dog with the vaccines but still highly recommend. stay safe! 

It's nice then, settle for a place you can actually enjoy!

so in 3 hours I get vaccinated. Very nervous.

My grade is still pending. The reavaluation exam is this Monday, nothing makes sense...mmmh. We emailed him.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It's nice then, settle for a place you can actually enjoy!

so in 3 hours I get vaccinated. Very nervous.

My grade is still pending. The reavaluation exam is this Monday, nothing makes sense...mmmh. We emailed him.

Good luck with the grade!!! And yay for the vaccine! Hope you don’t get too bad side effects. 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Good luck with the grade!!! And yay for the vaccine! Hope you don’t get too bad side effects. 

Thanks!:commie:

Prof said tomorrow will say.

And yeah, one hour left...it just have to be done.