TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here experiencing terrible temperatures, extremely heaty...

Will have my second shot of the vaccine on Thursday and I have a piano concert on Friday....

Good luck with the vaccine, I hope there will be no terrible side effects.

A book that I ordered online should have arrived today, but it didn't. The website says the new expected delivery time is between the 21st and the 23rd. I really really hope it arrives by then, as I am leaving this city on Sunday and I need to take the thing with me, obviously.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I finally went to an ear doctor and got my ears flushed out (if this is even an expression in English, I can’t be bothered to check). Now everything is terribly loud. Got too used to blunted hearing. 

Getting your ears syringed is what I'd normally say. 

Gratz, my hearing is awful. 

Good luck MoT on the vaccine, getting my second on the 30th.

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Good luck with the vaccine, I hope there will be no terrible side effects.

A book that I ordered online should have arrived today, but it didn't. The website says the new expected delivery time is between the 21st and the 23rd. I really really hope it arrives by then, as I am leaving this city on Sunday and I need to take the thing with me, obviously.

Oh that’s annoying, hope you get it on time. I’m trying to hunt down a used copy of pride and prejudice online, without success so far.

10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Getting your ears syringed is what I'd normally say. 

Gratz, my hearing is awful. 

Good luck MoT on the vaccine, getting my second on the 30th.

I would never have thought of that, thanks! 

Good luck with the vaccine! which one are you getting?

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here experiencing terrible temperatures, extremely heaty...

Will have my second shot of the vaccine on Thursday and I have a piano concert on Friday....

After the weekend storms we have a very nice weather here, but heat is coming back this weekend :/ 

Good luck with the vaccine! 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh that’s annoying, hope you get it on time. I’m trying to hunt down a used copy of pride and prejudice online, without success so far.

Pride and Prejudice is a really common book, I am sure you can find it in any of your local bookshops and libraries too? Are you looking for a particular edition?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Pride and Prejudice is a really common book, I am sure you can find it in any of your local bookshops and libraries too? Are you looking for a particular edition?

Any used copy in English would be great. Yes every bookshop has it, but it’s either new or not in English, that’s why I’m looking at online options. 

23 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am finally leaving the shithole of a city and going home! :commie: I mean, I still have more than nine hours on this bus to look forward to, but at least I will be home then.

Yay for going home! How was your time in the shithole of a city?

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay for going home! How was your time in the shithole of a city?

Eh. Better than the last time at least, I suppose. But I am really looking forward to being at home again.

Maybe I shouldn't be so critical about the shithole city. :dunno: At least this time, I had some company so I wasn't completely alone. That would have made me lose my mind, especially after all the isolation of the last year amd a half. And well, they do help me a lot with my dissertation. But still ... I will probably never actually like being there.

It’s okay to not like something, don’t beat yourself up about it. Enjoy home! Any further plans for the summer? 

over hear we are gliding into another heatwave. This should be fourth one this summer. 35-36C all week. I think next weekend is supposed to bring some relief and get the temperature back down to 28-30ish. I can’t wait for permanently cooler temperature. Summer just sucks the life out of me, I have zero energy and motivation to do anything other than drink iced beverages and get through the days. 

42 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s okay to not like something, don’t beat yourself up about it. Enjoy home! Any further plans for the summer? 

over hear we are gliding into another heatwave. This should be fourth one this summer. 35-36C all week. I think next weekend is supposed to bring some relief and get the temperature back down to 28-30ish. I can’t wait for permanently cooler temperature. Summer just sucks the life out of me, I have zero energy and motivation to do anything other than drink iced beverages and get through the days.

No real plans, no. At least not in the traditional going on a seaside holiday way. I do wish to see the sea this year, but I am not sure it will work out. Maybe I will rather stay in the home city and spend time with a nice gentleman.

Shithole of a city was surprisingly un-summery part of the time I was there. The last few days were quite warm, but it didn't reach 30 °C. I hope the homeland is at least warm enough for it to make sense to go swim in a pool one day or something.

Half of the bus journey is behind me already, half more to go.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No real plans, no. At least not in the traditional going on a seaside holiday way. I do wish to see the sea this year, but I am not sure it will work out. Maybe I will rather stay in the home city and spend time with a nice gentleman.

Shithole of a city was surprisingly un-summery part of the time I was there. The last few days were quite warm, but it didn't reach 30 °C. I hope the homeland is at least warm enough for it to make sense to go swim in a pool one day or something.

Half of the bus journey is behind me already, half more to go.

The last time I had a seaside holiday was in 2018 :bawl: I hope to lounge in a sun chair for two weeks straight reading books, drinking cocktails and taking dives into ocean waves come 2022 spring. 

Have a great time in your city and enjoy the gentleman’s company! 

Very envious of weather that doesn’t reach 30C right. Then again the universe is ironic enough to send three days of rain when I finally drag my butt down to a short lakeside hiatus. 

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The last time I had a seaside holiday was in 2018 :bawl: I hope to lounge in a sun chair for two weeks straight reading books, drinking cocktails and taking dives into ocean waves come 2022 spring. 

Have a great time in your city and enjoy the gentleman’s company! 

Very envious of weather that doesn’t reach 30C right. Then again the universe is ironic enough to send three days of rain when I finally drag my butt down to a short lakeside hiatus. 

I am sure you will reach your dream in 2022. ;) 

Home since yesterday evening. Yay. Still have a lot of clothes to wash.

Meeting the gentleman tomorrow. I do hope for warm and sunny weather in the next few days so it will be possible to spend time outside ... on the other hand, if it is rainy all the time, we will just have to think of something to do inside instead ... :leer:

:blushing: 

By the way, I found two ads for a used copy of Pride and Prejudice on Facebook Marketplace. Messaged both sellers, I hope one of them is available. 

There are sooooo many ads for children’s books and young adult books I used to have too when I was a kid. I would never spend the time but I bet it’d be fun to reread stuff I used to enjoy at the tender age of 10 :lol: 

Success. And the lady’s husband will bring it to my end of the subway line by bike. What a deal. 

Edited by RhaenysBee