TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

Went to a hair salon to get my disastrous haircut fixed. The stylist was sooooo good. She amazingly color matched my hair and blow dried it 90 degrees straight, no straightener, no nothing, just a hair dryer and skill. Then she explained what was wrong with the haircut and we discussed how to fix it. She told me how much length I would lose and checked with me before she shortened the front strands. I’m so happy with my hair now. 

Also got a mirror with 75% discount and picked up by taxi, which tripled the cost. Still 25% better than the full price of the mirror. Though I did spend that 25% in the pet store next door. I just can’t save money for my life :bawl: 

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Went to a hair salon to get my disastrous haircut fixed. The stylist was sooooo good. She amazingly color matched my hair and blow dried it 90 degrees straight, no straightener, no nothing, just a hair dryer and skill. Then she explained what was wrong with the haircut and we discussed how to fix it. She told me how much length I would lose and checked with me before she shortened the front strands. I’m so happy with my hair now. 

Also got a mirror with 75% discount and picked up by taxi, which tripled the cost. Still 25% better than the full price of the mirror. Though I did spend that 25% in the pet store next door. I just can’t save money for my life :bawl: 

My one step trick to cheaper haircuts is male pattern baldness, your mileage may vary. 

But seriously hair is such a nebulous, peculiar and specific arena, I refuse to believe anyone can truly conquer it.

17 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

My one step trick to cheaper haircuts is male pattern baldness, your mileage may vary. 

But seriously hair is such a nebulous, peculiar and specific arena, I refuse to believe anyone can truly conquer it.

Yeah, I find a bit difficult to commit to baldness. Although I do believe that hair salons are capable of messing up even that style. 

I do enjoy my hair now, for the first time since 2018ish, it looks modern. I do miss the length a little, but it grows back, and I’m getting too old for princess length hair anyway. 

went to see a limited exhibition at the national gallery, it was absolutely amazing.

sister and I agreed that we’ll go back another time to see it together before it closes. Then I walked through two locations of clothes shops to find a swimsuit for the upcoming fake holiday. To be honest the challenge wasn’t even the price. Every time I found a fun, stripy, retro style bikini, the top was out of stock or the wrong style. Only bottoms. I ended up getting a one-piece just so all the walking wouldn’t be in vain. Looking at the forecast I don’t even think we’ll be going into the lake more than maybe once. 

19 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Do you mean just head hair or hair everywhere?

I am okay with the hair on my head at least. The rest of it ... I am very much not, but a hairdresser usually won't deal with that.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

a fun, stripy, retro style bikini

Aha! I see you have good taste in bikinis. I have such a piece. My mother, however, hates it. She is ... very critical of many things.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am okay with the hair on my head at least. The rest of it ... I am very much not, but a hairdresser usually won't deal with that.

Head hair, I just don't understand it. I had awful hair, I looked like a hobbit half the time. I regret never growing a mullet because I could absolutely have done a Jaromir Jagr. 

There are plenty of professionals who will deal with that, they just aren't hairdressers. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, RhaenysBee said:

So good they could fix the haircut!

On 8/1/2021 at 8:12 PM, Buckwheat said:

Aha! I see you have good taste in bikinis. I have such a piece. My mother, however, hates it. She is ... very critical of many things.

My general choice of bikini is plain black in a style that’s most flattering for me. But those are the ones that go out of stock first, and retro stripes are perfect for the retro experience lake balaton is. 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My general choice of bikini is plain black in a style that’s most flattering for me. But those are the ones that go out of stock first, and retro stripes are perfect for the retro experience lake balaton is. 

I think everything only black is boring ... so I don't wear it. I have only a few black pieces of clothing, mostly not something I would necessarily choose. I need some colour.

And I definitely don't choose the styles according to the style of the destination. :P 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think everything only black is boring ... so I don't wear it. I have only a few black pieces of clothing, mostly not something I would necessarily choose. I need some colour.

And I definitely don't choose the styles according to the style of the destination. :P 

I like black, it’s very practical and universally flattering. 

I don’t either, this would have been a lucky coincidence. Anyway now I feel like I missed out on these retro bikinis and I still want one. 

I have completely forgotten how to travel, by the way. And a 2 hour train ride is hardly even “traveling”. I don’t know what to pack and how to pack, and I have a massive anxiety about all the things that could go wrong. Annoying. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I like black, it’s very practical and universally flattering. 

I don’t either, this would have been a lucky coincidence. Anyway now I feel like I missed out on these retro bikinis and I still want one. 

I have completely forgotten how to travel, by the way. And a 2 hour train ride is hardly even “traveling”. I don’t know what to pack and how to pack, and I have a massive anxiety about all the things that could go wrong. Annoying. 

I don't think the "universally flattering" applies to me ...

I have enough practice, it seems, I can still pack my things quickly and efficiently, even after a year of not travelling anywhere.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't think the "universally flattering" applies to me ...

I have enough practice, it seems, I can still pack my things quickly and efficiently, even after a year of not travelling anywhere.

Maybe you just need to find the right fit? Or just don’t like black, each to their own after all. 

Ah good for you, I’m on the contrary so out of practice I didn’t pack PJs. And in general, I could have packed another pair of shorts and another jumper, because it’s quite chilly in the evening. Oh well, minimalism and creativity, right? 

I enrolled myself in a quick paddle female tournament on Sunday bc i thought it would be fun, and I just realised I will probably not be able to finish it due to my current lack of physical conditions xd.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Maybe you just need to find the right fit? Or just don’t like black, each to their own after all. 

Ah good for you, I’m on the contrary so out of practice I didn’t pack PJs. And in general, I could have packed another pair of shorts and another jumper, because it’s quite chilly in the evening. Oh well, minimalism and creativity, right? 

I always manage to pack too muh stuff that I end up not needing at all.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I always manage to pack too muh stuff that I end up not needing at all.

I think that’s the better approach. 

Today was fun. We walked 18kms, spent a bit of time down at the lake, spent a bit of time exploring, had a nice dinner. I do hope that there’ll be a bit more downtime tomorrow, but overall this mini staycation is going well. Our Airbnb is stunningly beautiful and cosy too.