TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That sounds great! I suppose it means you’ll have the chance to be all settled before the school year starts and work gets busy? 

at some point yes, though I do have the intention of riding out covid here. Unless they sack my arse for some reason :lol: that’d be an unpleasant but potentially life changing event. But no I don’t want to be sacked. 

well then I hope things work out for the better and you get to enjoy teaching in a real classroom. 

good luck with that :o (yes I’m still terrified of teenagers) 

Yes, I wanted to plan it that way to make sure I am starting the school year (going to the camp) from the new flat already, and then get back to it immediately. It is going to be so much easier starting school trips from the same town.

I hope they won't sack you just like that! Don't do anything that would cause it. ;)

I hope so too.

And teenagers 14-19 are much easier to deal with in my very limited experience than the 12-14 year-olds.

Had a very pleasant (but also very hot) day with the gentleman, finally. :) 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s 7:40 And it’s 27C outside already :bawl: what is life? 

Call a friend and go to a pool! Summer! :commie:

I am at least meeting a friend for ice cream later, she said she doesn't feel like going swimming.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I wanted to plan it that way to make sure I am starting the school year (going to the camp) from the new flat already, and then get back to it immediately. It is going to be so much easier starting school trips from the same town.

I hope they won't sack you just like that! Don't do anything that would cause it. ;)

I hope so too.

And teenagers 14-19 are much easier to deal with in my very limited experience than the 12-14 year-olds.

Had a very pleasant (but also very hot) day with the gentleman, finally. :) 

Yay for the flat! I hope you get to make the most of the space and enjoy the independent residence! 

I’ll try :lol: 

I’d say I avoid any young person between 12-17, but I can see that 12-15 would be the most challenging to deal with. 

:cheers: that sounds lovely! 

I don’t like pools :/ Maybe I should step out of my comfort zone but covid hardly helps with that.

Anyway, my judgment failed me yet again; the heat isn’t at all more tolerable in the park. I can’t find a position in which my legs don’t sweat. I suppose I might as well go home and clean, it’s not any more hot and sweaty, and the place would look neat at least. 

On 8/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Is it still called a coast if it’s a lake?

I would say that's a shore... Not too sure but coast for me implies the land is ringed by water, unlike a lake which water ringed by land. 

Hope you're keeping well, I've been feeling incredibly disheartened by all the Afghanistan shit. As the most recent cherry on top of all the disastrous conflicts, not to mention the worldwide disaster of climate change, I'm just really struggling to see any kind of future that isn't an inhumane hellscape.

10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I would say that's a shore... Not too sure but coast for me implies the land is ringed by water, unlike a lake which water ringed by land. 

Hope you're keeping well, I've been feeling incredibly disheartened by all the Afghanistan shit. As the most recent cherry on top of all the disastrous conflicts, not to mention the worldwide disaster of climate change, I'm just really struggling to see any kind of future that isn't an inhumane hellscape.

That’s the word! Shore makes more sense indeed. Thanks! 

yeah, the whole world, life and civilization and culture are all speeding towards the edge of a cliff… I do hope I live to see the other side of all the change we are going through because I’m sure it’d be too damn interesting to miss. I’m sorry, this may sound cold and insensitive, I do feel sorry about the events in the Middle East, I hope for the best possible terms of peace for all individuals and communities involved. I meant what I said in a broader sense. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

2 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

*knock knock*

Anybody home? Wanted to check in and see if anyone’s around still! 

got rid of all the social media so I have no idea what the regulars are up to these days. 

Lady O! Great to see you stop by.

There are not many regulars left. This thread has been around for ages, because it seems like nobody has anything interesting to post.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Lady O! Great to see you stop by.

There are not many regulars left. This thread has been around for ages, because it seems like nobody has anything interesting to post.

Is everyone still locked down or what? 

cant say there’s much that’s exciting here, but Lil O is turning 11 years old on Saturday! And baby girl turned 3 in June :) 

The weather here in the desert has been really really weird. I got stuck in a downpour and violent hail about an hour ago. Keep in mind it’s like 100F. It’s been a very wet monsoon season. Not complaining - it’s just strange. We lost our enormous saguaro cactus that was taller than our house and was like a high rise condo for a bunch of birds. Saguaros can’t handle that much rain. I was so sad about that. I loved that cactus. 

How are you doing Bucky? Everything is well I hope? 

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

cant say there’s much that’s exciting here, but Lil O is turning 11 years old on Saturday! And baby girl turned 3 in June :) 

No idea where they are.

11 years?! Wasn't he like ... 4? :o Happy birthday to him!

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

The weather here in the desert has been really really weird. I got stuck in a downpour and violent hail about an hour ago. Keep in mind it’s like 100F. It’s been a very wet monsoon season. Not complaining - it’s just strange. We lost our enormous saguaro cactus that was taller than our house and was like a high rise condo for a bunch of birds. Saguaros can’t handle that much rain. I was so sad about that. I loved that cactus. 

Pity about your cactus. Maybe some other plants handle the rain better. Maybe you should start growing rice in the desert or something. :P

i am extremely well these days! I have a nice job now, since last year. I am just planning to move to my first own home - I am renting a tiny studio flat, starting next week, to by closer to my workplace. Aaaaaand things are going well with a certain gentleman I recently met. By which I mean, he just kept dropping hints of us having something serious and having a future together yesterday. So several areas of my life are going well, in fact!

15 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

*knock knock*

Anybody home? Wanted to check in and see if anyone’s around still! 

got rid of all the social media so I have no idea what the regulars are up to these days. 

11 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Lady O!!! Hi!!!! So great to see you! Last time we heard of you baby girl was just born. And she’s three already! Wow! Happy bday to the big brother! How are you and Mr O doing? Hope you stayed safe and healthy during the pandemic! 

so sorry about the cactus, the weather has been really weird globally. 

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No idea where they are.

11 years?! Wasn't he like ... 4? :o Happy birthday to him!

Pity about your cactus. Maybe some other plants handle the rain better. Maybe you should start growing rice in the desert or something. :P

i am extremely well these days! I have a nice job now, since last year. I am just planning to move to my first own home - I am renting a tiny studio flat, starting next week, to by closer to my workplace. Aaaaaand things are going well with a certain gentleman I recently met. By which I mean, he just kept dropping hints of us having something serious and having a future together yesterday. So several areas of my life are going well, in fact!

Congratulations! I’m so happy to hear you are doing so well! Fantastic news! 

You will have to catch me up about Mr. wonderful! 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Lady O!!! Hi!!!! So great to see you! Last time we heard of you baby girl was just born. And she’s three already! Wow! Happy bday to the big brother! How are you and Mr O doing? Hope you stayed safe and healthy during the pandemic! 

so sorry about the cactus, the weather has been really weird globally. 

We are doing very well! Things are great with us. I do believe we got covid very early last year (Mr O was very sick and lost the smell and taste (before that was a known symptom)) but we don’t live in fear of it. Ive also lost a ton of weight so I’m much healthier too!

How are you doing? I think the last thing I remember was that you were making a faux fireplace/mantle?! Fill me in on all the awesome R Bee stuff I’ve missed! 

22 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Yep - total lockdown since Tuesday! My partner was supposed to be going on a holiday today, and that's obviously cancelled.  A pity, because they really need a break and they're not capable of taking one without being physically separated from work. :(

22 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

We lost our enormous saguaro cactus that was taller than our house and was like a high rise condo for a bunch of birds. Saguaros can’t handle that much rain. I was so sad about that. I loved that cactus.

Sorry to hear that. I guess we're likely to be getting a lot more atypical weather in the coming years... :(

17 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Congratulations! I’m so happy to hear you are doing so well! Fantastic news! 

You will have to catch me up about Mr. wonderful! 

Thanks.

There are descriptions of the developments on that topic around the forum. Last news is, we went bowling yesterday and had a lot of fun. :)

17 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

We are doing very well! Things are great with us. I do believe we got covid very early last year (Mr O was very sick and lost the smell and taste (before that was a known symptom)) but we don’t live in fear of it. Ive also lost a ton of weight so I’m much healthier too!

Uh, sorry to hear you got it, but at least it doesn't sound like you had very bad cases? And you were probably immune at least for a time.

I hope weight loss was not the result of ilness, yay for being healthier.

Hello! Hope everyone is fine!

I am about to finish my holidays at town with the family. Seen my friends, gone to the pool, another friend visited and showed her the woods, went shopping to the city of the county several times, and last week there were some covid concerts for the patronal Festivities of the town, despite of the curfew.

Returning to Barcelona is disheartening...

We had a heat wave reaching more than 40 degrees last week, but now it's better, and nights are fresh, less than 20°C.

Now I will have to plan how to really make a plan of my thesis in order to finally get it started (and finished) this semester.

Before I try to find a normal job while I am on this I found a possible translation mini job and I guess I will keep my student.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

On 8/18/2021 at 12:28 AM, The BlackBear said:

Same here, it's been horrible, and it makes me feel anxious how it will end, whether things will deescalate or not, and especially for those who won't be able to exit it...

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Same here, it's been horrible, and it makes me feel anxious how it will end, whether things will deescalate or not, and especially for those who won't be able to exit it...

Just so depressing to see no one learn the lessons in real-time. We invaded and dragged out the conflict so poorly, why shouldn't we also leave in the most irresponsible way possible?

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We had a heat wave reaching more than 40 degrees last week, but now it's better, and nights are fresh, less than 20°C.

Big cities in the heat are the worst. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:59 PM, Lady Olenna said:

How are you doing? I think the last thing I remember was that you were making a faux fireplace/mantle?! Fill me in on all the awesome R Bee stuff I’ve missed! 

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. But it’s good to know that you are both healthy and safe now. Did you get to do something fun this summer with the kiddos? 

Hahaha, yes I remember that. I never actually made the faux mantle thank goodness. I’m okay-ish, thanks. 2020 was quite challenging in the most unexpected ways (covid was just one part of the shit show). I actually don’t know why I refer to this in the past tense, it’s all still ongoing, I just learned to live with it and found control where I could and faith/acceptance where I couldn’t. Nothing noteworthy really happened to me personally, I started a new job last November and my family has a new-ish dog. After my flatmate had moved out I shared with my sister for a while, and now I live alone again, which feels fresh and welcome after 18 months of sisterly fighting :lol: 

On 8/20/2021 at 2:41 PM, Buckwheat said:

Thanks.

There are descriptions of the developments on that topic around the forum. Last news is, we went bowling yesterday and had a lot of fun. :)

That sounds great, so glad to hear you had a fun time! :cheers: 

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Hello! Hope everyone is fine!

I am about to finish my holidays at town with the family. Seen my friends, gone to the pool, another friend visited and showed her the woods, went shopping to the city of the county several times, and last week there were some covid concerts for the patronal Festivities of the town, despite of the curfew.

Now I will have to plan how to really make a plan of my thesis in order to finally get it started (and finished) this semester.

Before I try to find a normal job while I am on this I found a possible translation mini job and I guess I will keep my student.

That sounds like an eventful and fun filled summer! I sympathize with the heatwave. The worst we had here were four waves of 36-8C and even that sucked the life out of everybody. :cheers: to fresher days for the remainder of summer

Good luck with the jobs and the thesis, you’ll do great! 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, felice said:

Yep - total lockdown since Tuesday! My partner was supposed to be going on a holiday today, and that's obviously cancelled.  A pity, because they really need a break and they're not capable of taking one without being physically separated from work. :(

What an awful timing, I’m very sorry! Does the nature of the work or your partner’s commitment that makes it difficult to take a break? Is there no way for them to have a little staycation at least to relax and recharge? :( 

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

What an awful timing, I’m very sorry! Does the nature of the work or your partner’s commitment that makes it difficult to take a break? Is there no way for them to have a little staycation at least to relax and recharge? :( 

It's their commitment, so no, unfortunately staycations don't really work. Hopefully it won't be too long before they can reschedule. And we're lucky to be living in a country that's been so minimally affected by Covid so far.