TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow. And here we are told to not even drink water 4 hours before the swab. I don’t know anything anymore. 

oh great find! I would never have spotted that myself! Ah OUAT was such a fun show. But I don’t think I could take it in for a third time. What I really want to rewatch is Charmed but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. What an underrated treasure that was.

I don't think it makes a difference. Clearly didn't disturb any of my testings.

You watched it twice? I don't think I am going to do that. I think I will stop after this season, it is getting silly. :lol: 

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Prince William didn’t go home tonight... one more miracle from him would be most welcome but I’m not sure I dare to hope for it... this is really not how I want to lose him. 

He’s still not back. At this point the best prospect is to find his body so we know what happened to him and get to bury him. 

PW has returned. He’s quite unwell but I’m hoping it’s only cold and exhaustion and he’ll sleep it off and recover one last time. I really really really want to see him again before he dies and the best case scenario is seeing him at Easter. 

And yes I was up half the night and I cried my eyes out this morning, no shame. I should catch up on sleeping or do something to distract myself from this experience. 

I am glad he's returned. He will be well now that he's home!

Does he get out by himself a lot?

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't think it makes a difference. Clearly didn't disturb any of my testings.

You watched it twice? I don't think I am going to do that. I think I will stop after this season, it is getting silly. :lol: 

I am glad he's returned. He will be well now that he's home!

Does he get out by himself a lot?

I didn’t watch it all the way through for the second time, the last season is quite awful. And even the frozen bit is really boring. 

Thanks, I hope so. He used to. Now he normally takes two walks a day and that’s it, but now that it’s spring and certain instincts kicked in, he is reluctant to get inside after walks, which my mother allows because “he always comes back”. I mean yes that was something to count on when he was young, but now he’s 13, virtually past the average lifespan of a dog. 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I didn’t watch it all the way through for the second time, the last season is quite awful. And even the frozen bit is really boring. 

Thanks, I hope so. He used to. Now he normally takes two walks a day and that’s it, but now that it’s spring and certain instincts kicked in, he is reluctant to get inside after walks, which my mother allows because “he always comes back”. I mean yes that was something to count on when he was young, but now he’s 13, virtually past the average lifespan of a dog. 

How is he now? Has he rested and eaten and feels better now?

I am ... very tired. The work is exhausting me and I think the masks and the long commute contribute to me being tired all the afternoon ... yaaaawn.

Not much else is happening, other than the number of new infections is rising again. :( I already hoped for an improvement, and now it all turned backwards. Everybody at my job is seriously annoyed by wearing masks - we do it because we know it is necessary, but it is seriously damaging to our doing our jobs.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

How is he now? Has he rested and eaten and feels better now?

I am ... very tired. The work is exhausting me and I think the masks and the long commute contribute to me being tired all the afternoon ... yaaaawn.

Not much else is happening, other than the number of new infections is rising again. :( I already hoped for an improvement, and now it all turned backwards. Everybody at my job is seriously annoyed by wearing masks - we do it because we know it is necessary, but it is seriously damaging to our doing our jobs.

Oh he’s... a piece of work. He slept for most of that day and my mum gave him some of his joint medicine. The he was perfectly fine and perky the next day. In fact, he’s been quite whiny and looks for every opportunity to sneak out, tugs on the leash and overall acts like he is deeply offended by our trampling on his rights and dignity by putting him back on leash... he’s a mood. 

I’m very tired too. We had a long weekend so my week started with Wednesday, but I put down work at half past 7 yesterday and I don’t see myself finishing earlier today or tomorrow either... this week is brutal. 

we are deep in wave 3, back to an average of 6-7000 new cases and a truly upsetting amount of deaths. We are supposed to have news about reopening plans soon, though at this point I would rather we all stayed locked up for at least another three weeks. 

I sympathize with the mask wearing, it must be awful. ://// 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Hey Rhae  I do hope you and you're family are feeling better now  and completely recovered and your Sister is no longer giving you grief.

Bucky  yes masks sucks.  I've been wearing one every day for nearly a year now all the time while at work.  for the last couple of months we have no longer been allowed to wear our own masks and have to wear the itchy masks the company make and they are a bit on the big side so don't fit well.   I hates it.  But I wear it.  So I really do understand the pain of wearing a mask.  I imagine it also creates problems when you need to do a lot of in person communication  like at school.   I normally only talk to people over the phone.

Also  this threadlet is 3 months old now........  I remember when 3 days was a long time in TTTNE

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh he’s... a piece of work. He slept for most of that day and my mum gave him some of his joint medicine. The he was perfectly fine and perky the next day. In fact, he’s been quite whiny and looks for every opportunity to sneak out, tugs on the leash and overall acts like he is deeply offended by our trampling on his rights and dignity by putting him back on leash... he’s a mood.

I see. He thinks he is still young and full of energy. :D 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m very tired too. We had a long weekend so my week started with Wednesday, but I put down work at half past 7 yesterday and I don’t see myself finishing earlier today or tomorrow either... this week is brutal. 

we are deep in wave 3, back to an average of 6-7000 new cases and a truly upsetting amount of deaths. We are supposed to have news about reopening plans soon, though at this point I would rather we all stayed locked up for at least another three weeks. 

I sympathize with the mask wearing, it must be awful. ://// 

Uh. My sympathies to you about your busy work situation too.

I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow to be at work ot 6.45 to get a stick shoved up my nose (covid testing).

We are not quite there yet, but wave 3 is starting here. This sucks.

7 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Bucky  yes masks sucks.  I've been wearing one every day for nearly a year now all the time while at work.  for the last couple of months we have no longer been allowed to wear our own masks and have to wear the itchy masks the company make and they are a bit on the big side so don't fit well.   I hates it.  But I wear it.  So I really do understand the pain of wearing a mask.  I imagine it also creates problems when you need to do a lot of in person communication  like at school.   I normally only talk to people over the phone.

Also  this threadlet is 3 months old now........  I remember when 3 days was a long time in TTTNE

We are strongly recommended to wear FFP2 which our work gives us. I actually started feeling a little dizzy and like I was suffocating today at work under the mask. It is really annoying. Also the students have to wear them and sometimes it is so hard to even understand what they are saying! I grade them and I cannot hear what they are telling me, also I want to correct their pronunciation and I cannot hear how they pronounce words. We definitely have to communicate a lot at school, of course.

Yes, a very slow and old thread.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Hey Rhae  I do hope you and you're family are feeling better now  and completely recovered and your Sister is no longer giving you grief.

Yes thank you, I’m completely healed now, just got a new a test to see if I’m negative already. We’ve been fine with sister since we aren’t locked up together too. 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:46 PM, Buckwheat said:

Uh. My sympathies to you about your busy work situation too.

I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow to be at work ot 6.45 to get a stick shoved up my nose (covid testing).

We are not quite there yet, but wave 3 is starting here. This sucks.

Well, the upside of 11 hour working days is that my phone screen time is down to a Quarter of what it was. 

Damn that sucks. :( I’m sorry. To sympathize, I just got one shoved up to my nose too :/ you’re not alone! 

it really does . 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Damn that sucks. :( I’m sorry. To sympathize, I just got one shoved up to my nose too :/ you’re not alone! 

I hope this is the last stick you had to have stuck up there! I still have one mandatory next week,  after that it will be 21 days since the vaccination and I won't have to have the weekly test anymore.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I've finally done something I've been considering since the beginning of the pandemic and bleached my hair :P It went pretty well but I do look a LOT like Draco Malfoy. (It was dark brown before).

Wow. That sounds like a big change! How do you like the result?

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I've finally done something I've been considering since the beginning of the pandemic and bleached my hair :P It went pretty well but I do look a LOT like Draco Malfoy. (It was dark brown before).

Oh nice! A former colleague of mine experimented with bleached hair as well, though his turned out a bit more orange than intended as his hair had too much red pigment. (And the salon probably skipped the step to properly tone it) 

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I hope this is the last stick you had to have stuck up there! I still have one mandatory next week,  after that it will be 21 days since the vaccination and I won't have to have the weekly test anymore.

Definitely not, sadly, even if this is negative I need another to confirm. And I cannot count on being vaccinated before autumn :/ 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Definitely not, sadly, even if this is negative I need another to confirm. And I cannot count on being vaccinated before autumn :/ 

I see, better to have another test to confirm. I hope everything goes right. And yes, getting a vaccination is hard, I was only lucky to get it because of my job. But at least you will be partly immune because you had covid yourself.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

And I’m still positive. For the first time I’m angry, disbelieving or scared about that, I’m just very very sad. I mean when will I get to see people? Another 3 weeks? 3 months? Or what the hell? 

I am so sorry to hear that. :grouphug: Hang in there. I am sure the next test will be better. I understand you must be going crazy with isolation by now. We are here to chat.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am so sorry to hear that. :grouphug: Hang in there. I am sure the next test will be better. I understand you must be going crazy with isolation by now. We are here to chat.

Thanks! I pulled myself together and did at least part of the things I planned for today. And I’ll eat a big bowl of chestnut paste with whipped cream and that’ll help too. 

On 3/20/2021 at 12:35 PM, Buckwheat said:

Wow. That sounds like a big change! How do you like the result?

I like it! Might dye it a little more platinum/silver though, to get the yellow out.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Oh nice! A former colleague of mine experimented with bleached hair as well, though his turned out a bit more orange than intended as his hair had too much red pigment. (And the salon probably skipped the step to properly tone it) 

Yeah, that was my fear as well :P I'm glad I didn't end up looking like carrot.

On 3/21/2021 at 8:45 AM, RhaenysBee said:

And I’m still positive. For the first time I’m angry, disbelieving or scared about that, I’m just very very sad. I mean when will I get to see people? Another 3 weeks? 3 months? Or what the hell? 

That really blows :grouphug: Quarantine here is two weeks at the most, how come it lasts so long?

26 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing as ok as you can be in these crappy times :), Rhae I hope you feel better :grouphug:.

Sorry I haven't really felt like posting much or being around I will try harder I promise!.

Hello, welcome back. It seems like many people are in such a mood. I am so busy myself that I don't feel like posting much here, and I also feel like I have nothing of interest to share.

How are both mini siths? I hope the whole family is well. :) 

On 3/21/2021 at 4:15 PM, RhaenysBee said:

chestnut paste with whipped cream 

... what. This is ... a thing? :idea: 

38 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

... what. This is ... a thing? :idea: 

Oh yeah. It is a thing. :wub:

anyway, I was just about to post to let you know I did start OUAT again after all. And had a hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon OUAT style. Living the whipped cream life these days...

1 hour ago, Jen'ari said:

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing as ok as you can be in these crappy times :), Rhae I hope you feel better :grouphug:.

Sorry I haven't really felt like posting much or being around I will try harder I promise!.

Hiiiiii! So nice to hear from you! How are you doing and how’s your sweet family? Hope everything as good as can be with you too! 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah. It is a thing. :wub:

I will take your word for it. It sounds like something I would be doubtful about. :uhoh:

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

anyway, I was just about to post to let you know I did start OUAT again after all. And had a hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon OUAT style. Living the whipped cream life 

Enjoy OUAT!

49 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I will take your word for it. It sounds like something I would be doubtful about. :uhoh:

Enjoy OUAT!

You need to try it, you’ll be a convert. Provided that you like the taste of sugary chestnut, of course. 

Im enjoying so far, I’ll probably stop when it starts going downhill. 

oh snap. Covid situation is disastrous, I’m sitting in front of my laptop for 11 hours every day and in work breaks I online shop. I should channel my feelings into more budget friendly activities*. Thank god I didn’t order shoes the other week! With no reopening in sight and all. 

*eta: actually, no. My bank account isn’t suffering from my humble retail therapy endeavors. It’s the four covid tests I paid for in the past month.

Edited by RhaenysBee