TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm in quarantine since my roommate tested positive, but hopefully I'll be allowed out tomorrow. For now I'm inside drinking wine and catching up on Attack on Titan and Drag Race.

Uh. Stay healthy yourself and a quick recovery to your roommate.

2 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...greetings spamlanders...shot one is in arm and shot two is on horizon

...and then the grass growing season set in...so i am off to mow, mow, mow

Congratulations on the vaccination.

Weekend! :commie:

• 2 weeks later...

*walks into thread*

Anybody here?

A week without classes from tomorrow on, but I have a bunch of essays to correct and grade. The classes start on 3rd May again.

The weather is going to be shitty for the next few days, so not a very fun couple of days apparently. :dunno:

How are the rest of the spammers?

Not really :dunno: 

ah that sounds lovely. Even with the essays. I’m kinda longing for a week off even though it has only been two and a half weeks since the Easter one. I’ll probably add a couple extra days to the Pentecost weekend. Which is another month. But at least I have 4 weeks worth of paid vacation days which will come in handy in December since there’s literally no Christmas this year. 

Yup, that shit weather will be coming over in a couple days, the forecast promises rain for a full week from Thursday on. (I don’t actually mind because it will at least keep people from infecting the shit out of one another on patios and street festivals) 

No other news. Or yes, my mother’s roof renovation is running into a few hurdles and a few extra thousand euros but we are hoping they’ll still finish before the above mentioned nasty weather arrives. What else...? I’m cleaning out sister’s room. I failed to put up my new curtain rails because I’m small and I don’t have ladder. And I need to send a grocery order (nope, I don’t spend any less money on food now than I did when I ordered takeout every day, but at least my cooking skills are improving and it’s healthier and better for the environment). 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

ah that sounds lovely. Even with the essays. I’m kinda longing for a week off even though it has only been two and a half weeks since the Easter one. I’ll probably add a couple extra days to the Pentecost weekend. Which is another month. But at least I have 4 weeks worth of paid vacation days which will come in handy in December since there’s literally no Christmas this year.

A lot of vacation days sounds good. :) I actually think I have a lot of off days as a teacher, but obviously I cannot decide myself when to take them. (I don't mind that at all.)

How do you mean, no Christmas?

Yup, that shit weather will be coming over in a couple days, the forecast promises rain for a full week from Thursday on. (I don’t actually mind because it will at least keep people from infecting the shit out of one another on patios and street festivals)

No other news. Or yes, my mother’s roof renovation is running into a few hurdles and a few extra thousand euros but we are hoping they’ll still finish before the above mentioned nasty weather arrives. What else...? I’m cleaning out sister’s room. I failed to put up my new curtain rails because I’m small and I don’t have ladder. And I need to send a grocery order (nope, I don’t spend any less money on food now than I did when I ordered takeout every day, but at least my cooking skills are improving and it’s healthier and better for the environment). 

Shouldn't sister clean out her room herself? Did she take most of the furniture out to her new flat?

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:
6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

A lot of vacation days sounds good. :) I actually think I have a lot of off days as a teacher, but obviously I cannot decide myself when to take them. (I don't mind that at all.)

How do you mean, no Christmas?

You get to have winter, spring and autumn holidays right? As well as part of the summer holiday? That’s how it works here.

In the sense that Christmas provides no extra holidays since it happens to be at the weekend. And so is New Year’s Day. This means that we don’t get any days off for these holidays. (This is very unfair, I know that in the UK for instance people get the extra days even if a certain holiday happens to be on a weekend day.) Usually one can get two weeks off at the end of the year using 5-6 paid vacation days. This will take 10 paid vacation days now, which sucks. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Shouldn't sister clean out her room herself? Did she take most of the furniture out to her new flat?

I don’t think that’d happen until around July 2022, so no point in waiting, especially that I have all the time in the world. None, some of the furniture is my previous flatmate’s, some are falling apart and her current place doesn’t have enough room to fit a queen bed.

47 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

You get to have winter, spring and autumn holidays right? As well as part of the summer holiday? That’s how it works here.

One week in autumn, one week for Christmas/New Year, one week in February and in the spring - sometimes it would be one week, and sometimes just maybe 5 days in a row or so, depending on how the holidays fall.

In the sense that Christmas provides no extra holidays since it happens to be at the weekend. And so is New Year’s Day. This means that we don’t get any days off for these holidays. (This is very unfair, I know that in the UK for instance people get the extra days even if a certain holiday happens to be on a weekend day.) Usually one can get two weeks off at the end of the year using 5-6 paid vacation days. This will take 10 paid vacation days now, which sucks. 

I see what you mean. Yep, there are plenty of holidays falling on a weekend this year. Even 1st and 2nd May, which are public holidays here, are Saturday and Sunday.

Soooooo ... I technically have free days now, but I am sitting here grading essays all day.

I don’t think that’d happen until around July 2022, so no point in waiting, especially that I have all the time in the world. None, some of the furniture is my previous flatmate’s, some are falling apart and her current place doesn’t have enough room to fit a queen bed.

Good luck with cleaning out the flat. I hope I find some time to sort out my room these days too. Zero motivation to do any of that, of course.

20 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Fly By spamming.

this thread was started at the begining of December.  we are averaging 3 pages a month.  At the current rate we won't reach the end of this threadlet until mid March 2022.

Maybe this is the ultimate thread that actually never ends!

Okay, at this point I’m seriously worried. I mean my mother is completely incapable of handling these builders doing her renovation and she sounds like she completely lost control and the entire situation is a disaster waiting to happen. I just want it to be over at this point and this was the last time I let her take on anything like this on her own. The next time she wants to get anything done around the house I’ll have to be there, because I just no longer trust that she’s able manage it. Mentally or practically and at this point I’m downright afraid of how this is going to play out and I can only hope that nobody gets hurt. And this would be the time get in a car to go there and sort it out - if I were a functioning adult who had a car she could drive there and sort it out. I suppose I can’t put off getting a car much longer. Anyway. At least she called my father who will hopefully phone these people and do something. 
And yes it’s plausibly that I overworry a standard conflict as I usually do, and I see it through my mother’s own panic filter, but honestly what scares me most is her instability and lack of sense of control. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Okay, at this point I’m seriously worried. I mean my mother is completely incapable of handling these builders doing her renovation and she sounds like she completely lost control and the entire situation is a disaster waiting to happen. I just want it to be over at this point and this was the last time I let her take on anything like this on her own. The next time she wants to get anything done around the house I’ll have to be there, because I just no longer trust that she’s able manage it. Mentally or practically and at this point I’m downright afraid of how this is going to play out and I can only hope that nobody gets hurt. And this would be the time get in a car to go there and sort it out - if I were a functioning adult who had a car she could drive there and sort it out. I suppose I can’t put off getting a car much longer. Anyway. At least she called my father who will hopefully phone these people and do something. 
And yes it’s plausibly that I overworry a standard conflict as I usually do, and I see it through my mother’s own panic filter, but honestly what scares me most is her instability and lack of sense of control. 

:( What is going on with the builders?

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:( What is going on with the builders?

Ah it’s a long story. Evidently the takeaway is that I need to chill the fuck out. I mean in spite of my best intentions, I realize in retrospect that I wasn’t helpful at all to my mother. I just internalized her stress and stress cannot eliminate stress. Calmness, positive thinking, empathy and encouragement eliminate stress. But my mind (especially after 2020) always immediately goes to catastrophizing and crisis management even though I have no real knowledge and especially no control of the situation and thus have no means to solve it for other people.
The best course of action in these situations would be to trust others and remind them that I trust their judgement and capabilities to solve it because this is what will eventually help them to tap into those capabilities and trust in themselves to actually solve it. And I need to bear in mind that I’m not an isolated spot in a Petri dish who needs to control and solve every problem to ever exist around her because there are people, who by chance, abilities or experience are far better suited to do so. And the most efficient and responsible way I can contribute is to identify these people and calmly delegate the problem solving to them. 
I am more or less able to see and follow this track in my work life, but in any personal matter, I turn into a neurotic freak and the best I can ever manage is to self analyse in retrospect and disregard all the lessons I’m supposed to learn in the next similar situation. 
/armchairselfpsychology 

Edited by RhaenysBee

I thought I should contribute a post to keep this thread moving along.

I guess I have stuff I could tell you, but not for another two weeks. You’ll just have to wait!

And I got my first Pfizer shot on Easter Monday. I have no idea when I’ll get my second, although it’s scheduled for 16 weeks away, July 26. I expect to get it sooner that that, though, as vaccine rolls in. :) 

The best course of action in these situations would be to trust others and remind them that I trust their judgement and capabilities to solve it because this is what will eventually help them to tap into those capabilities and trust in themselves to actually solve it.

Very good. I hope you have managed to calm down from all the stress by now and let others sort the situation out. :) 

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought I should contribute a post to keep this thread moving along.

I guess I have stuff I could tell you, but not for another two weeks. You’ll just have to wait!

And I got my first Pfizer shot on Easter Monday. I have no idea when I’ll get my second, although it’s scheduled for 16 weeks away, July 26. I expect to get it sooner that that, though, as vaccine rolls in. :) 

You cannot just say something like that and not tell us!

Congratulations on your vaccination! I hope the second dose comes quickly. I don't even have my second one scheduled - it should be some time in May.

May the Fourth be with you, spammers. ;)

Was on a trip with some students today. Most of it was spent waking trough nature, wilderness, forest, by a stream and through two small villages. It was really cute and relaxing in a way (and also muddy in places). I most enjoyed not having to wear a mask through the whole workday, due to being outside the whole time.

My husband and sister got their first shots yesterday, the AZ vaccine because the Pfeizer is reserved for young people who are more likely to have blood clots. They both got powerful night fevers with a headache. Mys husband had leg cramps so bad his legs drew up in a fetal position. When he forced them out he could hear some sort of popping in the joints! Then today as those symptoms withdrew they both got cold like symptoms at virtually the same time. My husband was walking round the house saying now my nose is running and next minute the sister texts saying now her nose was running she wasn't sure if it was a symptom or a cold.

As with most other things done during COVID there is a lack of fine tuning. My sister has lung cancer and has been having small vein blockages. My husband has a strong immune system, he never had a flu in his life - till he had one, then when he started having flu shots he would get really bad reactions to them. They should have been able to access the safer shot, in my view, rather than a blanket age rule.

PS now there fevers are coming again as its nught time.

Edited by Castellan