TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yesterday's shoes are still not completely dry. At least the rain wasn't as bad today.

Am alone in a waffle shop waiting for my waffles. I wanted to spend some time in company, but there were too many complications trying to reach a simple decision on where to go and what to eat/drink, so I just went and ordered waffles by myself.

It’s still obnoxiously hot here. There was a bit of rain and a bit of summer storm last night but unfortunately the air is still thick, polluted and nasty. And it’s just overall unpleasant. 

yay for the waffles! That sounds like an absolutely delightful outing. Also yay for going even without company! 
Making plans for more than two people usually stretches out so long and comes with so many complications that the plans often don’t end up happening. It took a couple years but I’ve learned to just go alone instead of missing out and now I actually enjoy spending time with myself. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s still obnoxiously hot here. There was a bit of rain and a bit of summer storm last night but unfortunately the air is still thick, polluted and nasty. And it’s just overall unpleasant. 

yay for the waffles! That sounds like an absolutely delightful outing. Also yay for going even without company! 
Making plans for more than two people usually stretches out so long and comes with so many complications that the plans often don’t end up happening. It took a couple years but I’ve learned to just go alone instead of missing out and now I actually enjoy spending time with myself. 

Here, the weather is becoming nicer. It hasn't rained yet today, and it is slightly warmer than it was. I hope it stays that way.

Meh. I was grumpy yesterday then because those same people then called me when they needed me for something, and then I said again we should spend time together in the evening, but then I didn't get another word when they didn't need my help anymore. Oh well.

Am overall lazy. I am sitting in the library and I am supposed to be working, but ... am obviously not. This text that I am trying to read is so boring.

Edited by Buckwheat

On 7/11/2021 at 10:10 PM, Buckwheat said:

This sounds great.

I am still in the shithole of a city, but it seems like less of a shithole this time because I have some friends with me and we can spend time together, so it feels better. I still wish to go home soon, but I suppose I could survive this thing without attacks of loneliness and depression this time.

I am glad you can hang out with friends there.

Loneliness is so awful...

I just bought a little lamp for my bedroom, for reading. A friend lent me a book about high sensititive persons.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah me too. I usually feel very stressed or bored if I am not having plans with someone, every week, usually 2-2, but since I started reading again I don't feel bad at all being alone, as long as I have my distractions.

This year for my birthday I enjoyed myself a meal in a terrace, and I normally go to the cinema alone (although now its been more than a year since I go) and today I had the crazy thought of traveling alone to the Canary Islands when I finish my master. I think I am not capable of doing sth like this alone, hough.

But I also miss going out....with people, music, meeting groups, or trying to meet new people.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Bear! You're back! :grouphug:

Well, new ... this thread obviously isn't. :dunno: 

:grouphug:

Any of you been affected by these awful floods? Looks really horrible.

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah me too. I usually feel very stressed or bored if I am not having plans with someone, every week,

But I also miss going out....with people, music, meeting groups, or trying to meet new people.

Looking forward to things was really missed last year, but now we're planning holidays both in the UK and in France. We'll both be vaccinated by then, but might still have to isolate, which would nix that, but you have to hope.

Just hoping some more bands start touring over here. 

31 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I am in Germany right now, and some cities and villages in the roughly same area were flooded - not where I am though, luckily. I did see some walking paths close to the rivers flooded, but that is all.

31 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Looking forward to things was really missed last year, but now we're planning holidays both in the UK and in France. We'll both be vaccinated by then, but might still have to isolate, which would nix that, but you have to hope.

Good luck not being quarantined, and enjoy your holiday!

Who are you going on holiday with?

6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Sounds nice! And what are your plans in these places?

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Good luck not being quarantined, and enjoy your holiday!

Who are you going on holiday with?

Fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Sounds nice! And what are your plans in these places?

Going to Yorkshire for a hangout with my sisters and cousins, various other halves (and my  month old nephew!) We've booked a big house for the bunch of us.

Then (hopefully) South of France for Lady Bears best friends birthday, where the plan is to drink a lot :P

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Fingers crossed! 

Going to Yorkshire for a hangout with my sisters and cousins, various other halves (and my  month old nephew!) We've booked a big house for the bunch of us.

Then (hopefully) South of France for Lady Bears best friends birthday, where the plan is to drink a lot :P

It sounds so cool! Family plans:D

Some champagneee maybe then:P

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Big family then. Congratulations on there being a lady bear! ;)

On 7/17/2021 at 3:24 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah me too. I usually feel very stressed or bored if I am not having plans with someone, every week, usually 2-2, but since I started reading again I don't feel bad at all being alone, as long as I have my distractions.

This year for my birthday I enjoyed myself a meal in a terrace, and I normally go to the cinema alone (although now its been more than a year since I go) and today I had the crazy thought of traveling alone to the Canary Islands when I finish my master. I think I am not capable of doing sth like this alone, hough.

I used to be really obsessed with making plans and going out to in my early twenties, I had thought that was something I “had to do” in order to enjoy life. Ironically, I didn’t even very much enjoy half of these things, it was just a habit. Then it got complicated to juggle because people had jobs, studies, families, various friend groups and plans fell through more often than not. That frustrated me for a while, before I realized that my value as a person is not based or dependent on the number of social outings I take part in and I don’t need to prove anything to anybody. If I want to do something, I can even without friends or a guy. And if I don’t want to do something, it’s also okay to just stay in. Looking back, my twenties have been quite the learning curve. /nostalgic ramble

I loooooove the Canary Islands!!! Perfect weather. One of my most favorite summer travels. I would go back any time, alone or in company. Traveling alone fascinates me very much, I was going to spend a long weekend in Brugge on my own in 2020, but that fell through pretty quickly due to we-know-what. It would have been my first solo travel. 

We can go out now, but I do very much miss the carefree going out when you don’t need to consider if there’s a patio, if it’s a busy time, if there’d be tourists, if it’s worth the risk, etc. It would be so great to go out and not think about the distance of the next table, the lack of mask on the server, the number of indirect contacts…

22 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hi Bear! So great to hear from you!!! 
The family holiday sounds great, I’m sure it’s been a long time since you all saw one another, especially with cousins. As for the birthday in France, have a lovely time and enjoy allllllll the wine!!

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hi Bear! So great to hear from you!!! 

The family holiday sounds great, I’m sure it’s been a long time since you all saw one another, especially with cousins. As for the birthday in France, have a lovely time and enjoy allllllll the wine!!

Well sadly I have seen them twice since the new year, at funerals.

So mainly looking forward to seeing them in a different context.

18 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Well sadly I have seen them twice since the new year, at funerals.

So mainly looking forward to seeing them in a different context.

Oh dear that’s awful. My condolences to your family. 

Understandably. Have a lovely time! 

ah, it rained for 3hours this morning! It was glorious, there’s fresh air finally. Well, as fresh as it gets in the city. 

On 7/18/2021 at 12:39 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I used to be really obsessed with making plans and going out to in my early twenties, I had thought that was something I “had to do” in order to enjoy life. Ironically, I didn’t even very much enjoy half of these things, it was just a habit. Then it got complicated to juggle because people had jobs, studies, families, various friend groups and plans fell through more often than not. That frustrated me for a while, before I realized that my value as a person is not based or dependent on the number of social outings I take part in and I don’t need to prove anything to anybody. If I want to do something, I can even without friends or a guy. And if I don’t want to do something, it’s also okay to just stay in. Looking back, my twenties have been quite the learning curve. /nostalgic ramble

Indeed! I have been learning this now in July, I think its really good to feel well alone, then you value more the time with your friends, etc.

I loooooove the Canary Islands!!! Perfect weather. One of my most favorite summer travels. I would go back any time, alone or in company. Traveling alone fascinates me very much, I was going to spend a long weekend in Brugge on my own in 2020, but that fell through pretty quickly due to we-know-what. It would have been my first solo travel. 

Will go you then after covid or when it is better? I loved Brugge! It's really cosy and relaxing and the streets....

Definitely, I just started following an Instagram account.of Lanzarote!!!!!!!!

We can go out now, but I do very much miss the carefree going out when you don’t need to consider if there’s a patio, if it’s a busy time, if there’d be tourists, if it’s worth the risk, etc. It would be so great to go out and not think about the distance of the next table, the lack of mask on the server, the number of indirect contacts…

I feel you, I do the same. These days I have been going on too many dinners/similar things because my best friend was visiting for a chance (he lives in  the UK) after 6 months....and I get quite obsessed with cleaning the table, distances and these things...