Pebble thats Stubby

TTNE The Post Apocalyptic Thread That Might End 477

40 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I don't really have anything to say,  ya know.  so much has not happened this year that is not global news It makes it hard to talk about anything.

This is true. I have run out of conversation topics with my family weeks or even months ago.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

This is true. I have run out of conversation topics with my family weeks or even months ago.

FB told me it was a year today that I had that encounter with the drug dealer road rage person demanding money after he crashed his car by overtaking me and zooming though one way traffic calming thing having a head on.  Ya know the guy who thought I was phoning my elderly mother to bring out all the cash she has in the house.

thats probably the last really interesting thing that happened to me.   I didn't need to go to court do to covid and him pleading guilty, they just read out my statement.

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

thats probably the last really interesting thing that happened to me.   I didn't need to go to court do to covid and him pleading guilty, they just read out my statement.

I'm glad my life doesn't get that interesting!

25 minutes ago, felice said:

I'm glad my life doesn't get that interesting!

but as long as everyone survives without any damage it means you get some really cool stories.  and my life doesn't normally get that interesting it was the first and only crime thing that has happened to me since I moved here.   (unless you count Helsinki, but he was off his meds and having a breakdown)

this one could have gone so so badly.   I was phoning the police pretending to phone my Mum as he was demanding money with menaces,  the Lady he hit was freaking out that I was giving in to him and paying him off, which was causing him to get more frantic as he wanted compliant non threatening people.   he was probably gonna take my car if we could have paid him off there and then, which would have been amusing after the event (its electric and you have to start it by pressing a button while pressing the brake peddle.  also drive is backwards, and revers is forward.) 

Once the police arrive he stopped threatening us tried to run, then had a confrontation and got himself tazered.

All the excitement was over by the time they found the kilo of coke.  They didn't tell me they found a gun until after I'd given a statement at the police station.  It could have gone so much wrong.  instead I get a cool story to tell my non-existent grand kids.  

Oh. Wow. I didn't know about this event. Pebble ... life throws very weird things at you. :blink: I am glad everything turned out okay and you were not harmed in the end, the situation sounds quite dangerous.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. Wow. I didn't know about this event. Pebble ... life throws very weird things at you. :blink: I am glad everything turned out okay and you were not harmed in the end, the situation sounds quite dangerous.

yeah it was rather more dangerous than I knew at the time.

At the time I wasn't I didn't feel afraid because I could not afford to be and pumped with too much adrenaline.  after he was dealt with, yes I fell apart, cos then its safe to do so.  I kinda have the ability to delay that reaction which has proved possibly a life saver.

I also vaugebooked this on the day, then removed even more details for legal reasons. he's doing time now so I can tell people about it.