TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 5/8/2021 at 1:57 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Progress update:

I attempted to machine knead this thing, and it B.R.O.K.E my stand mixer. It’s dead now. I’m taking it surprisingly well because I never really liked this mixer and I know I was cheap when I bought it. So all the quality struggles aren’t really a surprise. Now, I’m not sure I’ll invest in a good quality stand mixer in the near future as I always found setting this thing up a bit of a hassle. And even though I do enjoy baking, I don’t do it that much. As an alternative, I’ll probably purchase a solid hand mixer instead because it’s easier to handle. Then again, I’ll have to look at the prices first. 
Beyond this adventure, I do think somethings not right with my dough because it’s pretty hard and it’s also not exactly rising. So I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up being a big waste of ingredients - and a broken kitchen tool. What I think might have been my mistake:

-the yeast is not right
-a bit too much milk
-I forgot to mix the dry ingredients before I added the rest - this usually doesn’t affect the result but who knows what’s the deal with anything including yeast. I don’t. 

I’ll go for a walk now and maybe find a shop that’s empty enough for me to enter and buy sparking water. 

Enriched doughs always take more work to get them to rise properly. I usually knead a kittle longer than it asks you to. I would probably recommend trying some more basic bread recipes to get accustomed to working with yeast before attempting rich breads (basically ones that use milk, eggs or butter in place of water).

You would know if you added too much milk as it would be a sloppy mess.

You might also have killed the yeast. You need to be careful not to add the liquid when its too hot - I would usually melt the butter/warm the milk and then set aside for a few minutes to cool before you add it. Yeast is pretty volatile. Keeping the yeast and salt separate is also pretty important.

Another place you may have gone wrong is incorporating too much flour whilst kneading the dough. You should add as little extra flour as possible during the process.

That oven temperature is also too high imo. I generally bake at 180.

A hand mixer is probably sufficient if you're not huge into baking, although I don't know if you get hand mixers with a bread hook attachment. I'm sure they exist though. Personally I like doing everything by hand with a spoon and brute strength because that's how my nannas both taught me. Elbow grease!

21 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Buckwheat, congratulations on new job! great to hear. Sad to hear about neighbors renovating, it takes your energy out after a day when you just want to relax. Treat yourself. My sleep schedule gets all weird during the weekdays then I have to stay awake for Saturday to reset the clock. Very difficult to maintain a proper schedule when you are not dependent on going out for 8 hours a day.

RB, good luck on hot cross buns. Mary Berry is the GBBO judge right? I've heard in later life she went bonkers just to publish more books for the money (she has 70+ books I think) and now has multiple conflicting recipes for the same thing. Might be worth checking on the internet if the recipe actually works. I'll pray for the stand mixer's soul.

I've never baked a thing in my life other than banana bread (does lasagna count?) or a sorry looking chocolate cake. But I love watching people bake. Please share the photo of the buns when they're done :)

Also, audible. Folks I tried getting into Audible but found it to be a much less enjoyable experience than reading. Maybe because English is not my first language and some words sometimes just go by without making sense. I started with an Ursula Le Guin book, don't remember which one. Can you suggest another one to try? I'll give it another shot.

I'm sorry, did you just question the legend and treasure that is Mary Berry? Humph, interesting choice.

:P

Lasagne is cooking, rather than baking I would say.

I actually enjoy listening to audiobooks where I have already read the book. Joe Abercrombie's audio books are excellent, narrated by Steven Pacey. Such a good job with all of the different voices for the characters.

Glad you are keeping safe, things look bad over there. Glad you are able to work from home at least! We work closely with the firm's support centre in India and we sadly lost one of our colleagues there last week due to COVID

Edited by HelenaExMachina

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm sorry, did you just question the legend and treasure that is Mary Berry? Humph, interesting choice.

Lasagne is cooking, rather than baking I would say.

I actually enjoy listening to audiobooks where I have already read the book. Joe Abercrombie's audio books are excellent, narrated by Steven Pacey. Such a good job with all of the different voices for the characters.

Glad you are keeping safe, things look bad over there. Glad you are able to work from home at least! We work closely with the firm's support centre in India and we sadly lost one of our colleagues there last week due to COVID

Helena how are you doing, it's so good to see you. I've just heard of many friends of having varying level of success with her recipes, but maybe they're not just good bakers.

Yes, I've heard a lot of praises for Abecombie's audiobooks. Must give it a go.

That is extremely sad what happened to your colleague. I actually moved to the states 2 years ago, so I'm doing fine myself (last year was another story). But I was in India in Feb and things were fine. Now it's a clusterfuck. My parents are in Delhi and are fortunately doing well but there is not a single person I know whose family has not been affected by it. Just hoping this passes soon.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:06 PM, Arya kiddin' said:

Oh that's sad about the buns. I think half the baking recipes on internet are not correct. Do you know the youtube channel Tasty? They've been called out so many times about how the recipes they publish and the product they show can never be the same. Keep trying :thumbsup:

I'll try Talking to Strangers. Jonathan Haidt I did not like because Righteous Mind did not lead anywhere (how did you like it in Audible, it has tables and stuff)

I've met Peter Frankopan! I have a signed coy of his Byzantine Empire book, met him at the Jaipur Literature Festival in 2014/15. I'll check out Silk Roads

Oh you’re most generous, but I doubt the fault lied with the recipe :lol: I’ve got to say it was a bit too optimistic to attempt this with no yeast experience. I did get over the failed attempt and I’m ready to start fresh next weekend. With a hopefully simpler yeast endeavor. 

I had to listen to it twice to actually get what he was talking about. That admittedly requires an obscene interest in the topic. On the second listen I could follow and enjoy it thoroughly. It was easier to understand than The Blank Slate (which I’m listening to right now, and it’s... dense), and even though it’s hardly comparable to the ethereal joy reading Sapiens or Silk Roads gave me, I liked it. 

That is so cool! :eek: :commie: I never met an author whose book I’ve enjoyed. It must be such special experience. 

On 5/9/2021 at 6:33 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Enriched doughs always take more work to get them to rise properly. I usually knead a kittle longer than it asks you to. I would probably recommend trying some more basic bread recipes to get accustomed to working with yeast before attempting rich breads (basically ones that use milk, eggs or butter in place of water).

You would know if you added too much milk as it would be a sloppy mess.

You might also have killed the yeast. You need to be careful not to add the liquid when its too hot - I would usually melt the butter/warm the milk and then set aside for a few minutes to cool before you add it. Yeast is pretty volatile. Keeping the yeast and salt separate is also pretty important.

Another place you may have gone wrong is incorporating too much flour whilst kneading the dough. You should add as little extra flour as possible during the process.

That oven temperature is also too high imo. I generally bake at 180.

A hand mixer is probably sufficient if you're not huge into baking, although I don't know if you get hand mixers with a bread hook attachment. I'm sure they exist though. Personally I like doing everything by hand with a spoon and brute strength because that's how my nannas both taught me. Elbow grease!

This is SO helpful, thank you!  :bowdown:

I suppose it’s possible that I didn’t knead it long enough. Or that the butter was too warm. Or that there wasn’t enough liquid in it - this is what my friend suggested, according to her I should have aimed for at least 60% liquid-flour ratio and mine was under 50%. If I think back there were about ten thousand (mis)steps that could have messed it up and I won’t know until I try again. But I’ll go for traditional jam filled buns next time as the dough itself is simpler.

oh, no more bread hooks. Only hand kneading from now on. 

On 5/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

:lol: :lol: 

That’s really harsh, I’m so sorry. 

On 5/9/2021 at 7:41 PM, D_P said:

I didn't see this while replying to a previous thread.  My bad.  I'm trying to bring back some old schooler's

No worries, it’s nice of you to come to the rescue of the thread :D 

23 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

That is extremely sad what happened to your colleague. I actually moved to the states 2 years ago, so I'm doing fine myself (last year was another story). But I was in India in Feb and things were fine. Now it's a clusterfuck. My parents are in Delhi and are fortunately doing well but there is not a single person I know whose family has not been affected by it. Just hoping this passes soon.

Wow, I had no idea you moved to the USA! That’s how long we haven’t seen you! How did this move come about? Do you like your new place? What part of the USA are you located in? (Sorry about all the questions :D )And my thoughts are going out to your family in Delhi, I hope they manage to stay safe! 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

snip

Good luck with your next yeast endeavor then. Hope it comes out proper this time :) . I must try Silk Roads or an Abercombie book then. Only read the first First Law trilogy by him and it was great.

RB I moved because the company I used to work for had open positions here, they asked me and I said yes. I'm currently in MidWest. The weather here is so different from Delhi. Delhi gets as hot as 45 degrees and only as cold as 2 degrees. Here, temperature can change by 20 degrees in a matter of a day. 30 degrees is as hot as it gets, but the first time I saw a -20 degrees winter it took the wind out of me. But now I'm adjusting. This northern hemisphere weather is still a little weird for me. But I like it here, and it is a new and good experience.

About covid in India, it would get worse before it gets better. I'm just wishing for the best.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, Arya kiddin' said:

Helena how are you doing, it's so good to see you. I've just heard of many friends of having varying level of success with her recipes, but maybe they're not just good bakers.

Yes, I've heard a lot of praises for Abecombie's audiobooks. Must give it a go.

One does not simply criticise Mary Berry on Nigella Lawson in my presence :P Joking of course but I have such fond memories growing up seeing them on TV doing their cookery shows. And we have a huge Mary Berry book that's about 1000 pages and covers everything - canapés, starters, fish, main course, desert, baked goods, soups, salads. We've had it as long as I can remember and its been taken very good care of so that it still looks new.

Definitely give them a try. As you've read First Law it might be a good idea to start there but honestly my favourite is Best Served Cold, which is the first of the standalone novels and if you want something new its a Good place to start. Not too many characters and they are introduced gradually so you have time to get to know them all one at a time. Plus, Steven Pacey is an excellent narrator and really does a magnificent job separating out the different characters by their voices. The basic premise of the book is also pretty easy to follow - its a revenge thriller that brings in lots of other genres too. As you're familiar with Abercrombie you'll know its not quite as simple as that but its definitely easy to follow along with just listening....and now I've talked myself into re-listening myself.

I'm glad your parents are doing well and hope it passes soon. I know it must be a big worry.

57 minutes ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Good luck with your next yeast endeavor then. Hope it comes out proper this time :) . I must try Silk Roads or an Abercombie book then. Only read the first First Law trilogy by him and it was great.

RB I moved because the company I used to work for had open positions here, they asked me and I said yes. I'm currently in MidWest. The weather here is so different from Delhi. Delhi gets as hot as 45 degrees and only as cold as 2 degrees. Here, temperature can change by 20 degrees in a matter of a day. 30 degrees is as hot as it gets, but the first time I saw a -20 degrees winter it took the wind out of me. But now I'm adjusting. This northern hemisphere weather is still a little weird for me. But I like it here, and it is a new and good experience.

About covid in India, it would get worse before it gets better. I'm just wishing for the best.

Exciting about your move to the States, and I'm glad you are beginning to adjust to the weather. We've had crazy opposites  lately too. Today we went from bright sunshine, relatively warm, to hailstorms, thunder and lightning and torrential rain, back to bright sunshine and warmth. All in the space of 30 minutes. :dunno:

Is your work the same/similar, just in a new location? Our firm offered secondments in overseas offices but then the pandemic hit and travel within the company was more or less suspended. We still aren't having in-person meetings with clients either. I am excited though as I might be able to take part in a "virtual secondment". Which means I would still be based at home but I would be working directly for a team in another location, which would allow me to do different and more complex work. The idea is that I'd then take what I learned and bring it back to my home team, and produce process/guidance documents which would allow the team to take on new types of work.

(Yes, still a geek who gets way too excited about their work)

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh you’re most generous, but I doubt the fault lied with the recipe :lol: I’ve got to say it was a bit too optimistic to attempt this with no yeast experience. I did get over the failed attempt and I’m ready to start fresh next weekend. With a hopefully simpler yeast endeavor. 

I had to listen to it twice to actually get what he was talking about. That admittedly requires an obscene interest in the topic. On the second listen I could follow and enjoy it thoroughly. It was easier to understand than The Blank Slate (which I’m listening to right now, and it’s... dense), and even though it’s hardly comparable to the ethereal joy reading Sapiens or Silk Roads gave me, I liked it. 

That is so cool! :eek: :commie: I never met an author whose book I’ve enjoyed. It must be such special experience. 

This is SO helpful, thank you!  :bowdown:

I suppose it’s possible that I didn’t knead it long enough. Or that the butter was too warm. Or that there wasn’t enough liquid in it - this is what my friend suggested, according to her I should have aimed for at least 60% liquid-flour ratio and mine was under 50%. If I think back there were about ten thousand (mis)steps that could have messed it up and I won’t know until I try again. But I’ll go for traditional jam filled buns next time as the dough itself is simpler.

oh, no more bread hooks. Only hand kneading from now on. 

:lol: :lol: 

That’s really harsh, I’m so sorry. 

No worries, it’s nice of you to come to the rescue of the thread :D 

Wow, I had no idea you moved to the USA! That’s how long we haven’t seen you! How did this move come about? Do you like your new place? What part of the USA are you located in? (Sorry about all the questions :D )And my thoughts are going out to your family in Delhi, I hope they manage to stay safe! 

Ah yes, definitely the liquid to flour ratio could be a factor. Always go for too much liquid over not enough. And bear in mind too that while it might be sticky when you First mix it, by the time you finish kneading its usually a much different consistency.

Hand kneading is actually very satisfying and I always find it to be a good stress relief. Take all that pent up frustration and batter it out of your bread dough!

Its all about practice though, when it comes to yeast. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

Also, I just re-Read @Buckwheats post. Buck. I assume you use fresh yeast, if you scraped mould off it? A lot of recipes call for fast-action dried yeast, and that is a lot easier to work with! Its readily available in supermarkets over here, obviously I don't know about near to you. If you can get your hands on it though its well worth giving it a go as its so much easier.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

One does not simply criticise Mary Berry on Nigella Lawson in my presence :P Joking of course but I have such fond memories growing up seeing them on TV doing their cookery shows. And we have a huge Mary Berry book that's about 1000 pages and covers everything - canapés, starters, fish, main course, desert, baked goods, soups, salads. We've had it as long as I can remember and its been taken very good care of so that it still looks new.

Definitely give them a try. As you've read First Law it might be a good idea to start there but honestly my favourite is Best Served Cold, which is the first of the standalone novels and if you want something new its a Good place to start. Not too many characters and they are introduced gradually so you have time to get to know them all one at a time. Plus, Steven Pacey is an excellent narrator and really does a magnificent job separating out the different characters by their voices. The basic premise of the book is also pretty easy to follow - its a revenge thriller that brings in lots of other genres too. As you're familiar with Abercrombie you'll know its not quite as simple as that but its definitely easy to follow along with just listening....and now I've talked myself into re-listening myself.

I'm glad your parents are doing well and hope it passes soon. I know it must be a big worry.

Exciting about your move to the States, and I'm glad you are beginning to adjust to the weather. We've had crazy opposites  lately too. Today we went from bright sunshine, relatively warm, to hailstorms, thunder and lightning and torrential rain, back to bright sunshine and warmth. All in the space of 30 minutes. :dunno:

Is your work the same/similar, just in a new location? Our firm offered secondments in overseas offices but then the pandemic hit and travel within the company was more or less suspended. We still aren't having in-person meetings with clients either. I am excited though as I might be able to take part in a "virtual secondment". Which means I would still be based at home but I would be working directly for a team in another location, which would allow me to do different and more complex work. The idea is that I'd then take what I learned and bring it back to my home team, and produce process/guidance documents which would allow the team to take on new types of work.

(Yes, still a geek who gets way too excited about their work)

Helena :cheers:

I see that Mary Berry is beloved in the UK. I've only watched her in GBBO ever since it's been on Netflix. I loved her on the show, and the later seasons without her are quite bland, and I haven't re-watched them. Also, 'You clever girl' >> Hollywood Handshake :lol:

That thousand page book sounds interesting. My mom liked GBBO and has started to get more into baking lately, maybe a Mary Berry book would be a good gift *takes notes*

Yes Best Served Cold was the recommendation I got from other friends. Seems to be the consensus now - so will start that.

Yes I've adjusted to the weather now. In Delhi I'm used to seasons being stagnant. So all the winter clothes would be put into storage around March and would only come out around November. Here I've had to adjust to always having all kinds of clothes at the ready, and eyeballing the weather outside without looking at the app and stepping out has resulted in some mistakes. That 30 minute thing sounds wild, like a class on weather where a teacher wants to show as many as possible in a single sitting :lol:

Yes, the work is similar in a new location. The virtual secondment seems like a nice idea, glad you're enjoying that. It's good you enjoy what you do for a living, it would be good for both career and mental health. I myself have sort of become disenchanted with the work itself lately, as it has become repetitive only with different clients. I'm thinking about a job switch, we'll see if that materializes.

Edited by Arya kiddin'

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Also, I just re-Read @Buckwheats post. Buck. I assume you use fresh yeast, if you scraped mould off it? A lot of recipes call for fast-action dried yeast, and that is a lot easier to work with! Its readily available in supermarkets over here, obviously I don't know about near to you. If you can get your hands on it though its well worth giving it a go as its so much easier.

Yes, I mostly use fresh yeast - it is sold in small cubes in the refrigerator.

I have used dried yeast (the one sold in the form of a powder) before, when the fresh one was not available.

For the purpose I use it (this is, pizza dough), it really makes no difference.

17 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Thanks And good luck with the books! 

Oh that’s so lovely! Great that you got to have this opportunity and experience moving to a new country! As for the weather, I’m sure it takes quite a bit of adjustment. Transitional seasons come with quite drastic temperature shifts these days. It was nearly 30C for two days, and now the forecast predicts 16C for Thursday and 10 days of non stop rain. 

Probably. Still, I hope things will take a positive turn sooner rather than later. 

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ah yes, definitely the liquid to flour ratio could be a factor. Always go for too much liquid over not enough. And bear in mind too that while it might be sticky when you First mix it, by the time you finish kneading its usually a much different consistency.

Hand kneading is actually very satisfying and I always find it to be a good stress relief. Take all that pent up frustration and batter it out of your bread dough!

Its all about practice though, when it comes to yeast. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!

I think that might be where I ultimately screwed up. As I added the milk, the dough felt like a slime football, so I stopped adding more. However, this could have been the point to keep adding liquid and trust the process of kneading. 

Well, I’ll be heading into the next yeast project with a lot more knowledge about what I’m doing. So maybe in a few more rounds it’ll turn out to be edible. :lol: thanks so much for all the tips once again! 

As for different kinds of yeasts, yes, I did make sure to buy fast action dried yeast. Wouldn’t dare to meddle with the regular kind :o 

I’m really tired and lazy. I suppose it’s just the weather and going to sleep after midnight, and my unhealthy snooze habit. And I also have massively sore shoulders and core because yesterday I overdid exercising a little. I did some light yoga and stretching today, because being as unfit as I am, I need to be careful to build this thing gradually, especially if I want to to last. And I want it to last, because at this point I’m too old to not care about my health. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m really tired and lazy. I suppose it’s just the weather and going to sleep after midnight, and my unhealthy snooze habit. And I also have massively sore shoulders and core because yesterday I overdid exercising a little. I did some light yoga and stretching today, because being as unfit as I am, I need to be careful to build this thing gradually, especially if I want to to last. And I want it to last, because at this point I’m too old to not care about my health. 

Congratulations for keeping up with the exercise. I mean this seriously I am also very unfit, but I am also too unmotivated to start any activity by myself, even though I know I should.

Today I was so tired after coming home from work that I slept a lot in the late afternoon. And went back to working later. Work evenings seem very common in this profession - I got a few emails from coworkers in the evening and one of the colleagues commented on it, saying she thought she was the only one at the computer at 8 PM ...

@Arya kiddin', exciting news about the move! What is it that you do as a job again?

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations for keeping up with the exercise. I mean this seriously I am also very unfit, but I am also too unmotivated to start any activity by myself, even though I know I should.

Today I was so tired after coming home from work that I slept a lot in the late afternoon. And went back to working later. Work evenings seem very common in this profession - I got a few emails from coworkers in the evening and one of the colleagues commented on it, saying she thought she was the only one at the computer at 8 PM ...

@Arya kiddin', exciting news about the move! What is it that you do as a job again?

This is not a suggestion for anybody to follow by any means, but covid was a great motivator to start paying active attention to my health. :uhoh: 

Sweet summer child, everybody is at the computer at 8pm :( Or at least many, and often. All the workers and unions of early 20th century cry tears of blood that we shit on their efforts to cement the practice of an 8 hour work day. :leaving: I suppose that was more dramatic than I intended. 

Still sleepy, because I was up past midnight again... there was a period this year when I managed to go to sleep around half past 10-11ish and getting up around 7 felt perfectly all right. Now with the stupid changing of the clock, the sun goes down around half past 8 and it stretches out evenings. I go to bed later and go to sleep later. And yes, snoozing for 30-60 minutes every morning is so bad. 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is not a suggestion for anybody to follow by any means, but covid was a great motivator to start paying active attention to my health. :uhoh: 

Sweet summer child, everybody is at the computer at 8pm :( Or at least many, and often. All the workers and unions of early 20th century cry tears of blood that we shit on their efforts to cement the practice of an 8 hour work day. :leaving: I suppose that was more dramatic than I intended. 

Still sleepy, because I was up past midnight again... there was a period this year when I managed to go to sleep around half past 10-11ish and getting up around 7 felt perfectly all right. Now with the stupid changing of the clock, the sun goes down around half past 8 and it stretches out evenings. I go to bed later and go to sleep later. And yes, snoozing for 30-60 minutes every morning is so bad. 

Well, looking at the bright side, I guess ... I won't take it as a suggestion, of course. ;)

Yes, very dramatic, but also very true. Especially months of working from home made the whole day our workday.

So much work, so little energy ... so tired.

I managed to not sleep for an hour in the afternoon today, so I hope I will fall asleep quite soon and then have more energy tomorrow. But then again, I am at my work computer again, so ... :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, looking at the bright side, I guess ... I won't take it as a suggestion, of course. ;)

Yes, very dramatic, but also very true. Especially months of working from home made the whole day our workday.

So much work, so little energy ... so tired.

I managed to not sleep for an hour in the afternoon today, so I hope I will fall asleep quite soon and then have more energy tomorrow. But then again, I am at my work computer again, so ... :dunno: 

Yes, working from home is definitely a factor but it’s also the general hustle culture and corporate brainwashing. I have a lot of feelings about this, but I won’t bore tttne with it. 

I wholeheartedly sympathize. Today just burnt me out, so my after work activities consisted of exercising and eating dinner. Then I thought the day can go screw itself and went on to roll down the blinds, turn off lights and have a shower at 8 o’clock. I’ll watch a little Netflix and hopefully go to sleep at 10. And maybe I’ll wake up as a functioning human tomorrow. Bleh.

49 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, working from home is definitely a factor but it’s also the general hustle culture and corporate brainwashing. I have a lot of feelings about this, but I won’t bore tttne with it. 

I wholeheartedly sympathize. Today just burnt me out, so my after work activities consisted of exercising and eating dinner. Then I thought the day can go screw itself and went on to roll down the blinds, turn off lights and have a shower at 8 o’clock. I’ll watch a little Netflix and hopefully go to sleep at 10. And maybe I’ll wake up as a functioning human tomorrow. Bleh.

Do you still work fully from home?

Our schools jusr *might* become fully open next week. As of now, we still have only half the classes in school.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Do you still work fully from home?

Our schools jusr *might* become fully open next week. As of now, we still have only half the classes in school.

Yes, but I’m glad about that. This is a complicated and nonsensical story but I still haven’t visited my mum and the doggies since mid February, and I don’t intend to commute to a massive office until I have done that. The office will open next week for voluntarily return, but according to surveys only about 40-45%of people feel ready to go to work (the other half was vaccinated already). And we’ll stick with a hybrid work schedule anyway, which will be 2-3 days from home.

schools are fully open here, but kids are getting vaccinated as well. My cousin’s getting his first Pfizer of Friday. 

Schools and universities are opening fully next week - all of my students will be in school again! (Well, except for those in the final year, which are already finishing with their school year and they are ... not bothering being present much anymore at all.

Aw my gawd, people:blush::wub: you won’t believe what happened...!

Behold.

they are so pretteeeeeeeee. Thanks again for all the tips and tricks. 
I suppose this simple and easy recipe is what I should have stated with in the first place. But the hot cross bun experience didn’t go to waste at least. Besides, a learning curve was inevitable anyway. 

I’m proud of these. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aw my gawd, people:blush::wub: you won’t believe what happened...!

Behold.

Congratulations! They look delicious.

Relatively boring weekend here. A lot of work brought home. Nobody has time to hang out. :( So all I can do is ... do work, I suppose?