TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 8/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, Buckwheat said:

I successfully survived my first parent-teacher conference yesterday. Whew. But tomorrow, an even bigger challenge awaits me - the introduction camp for my own class, that I am going to be the class teacher (how do you call that teacher? The main one who takes care of all the administration for a particular class) for. I am going to be personally responsible for the well-being, health and behaviour of a group of 29 15(-ish)-year-olds that I don't even know yet. For three days. Yes, including overnight. In an unknown environment.

I am very much freaking out. *nervous*

You’ll do great! :cheers:  don’t let them take advantage of you/ be mean to you. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Buckwheat said:

Also, I discovered today in the morning that my precious new flat has ants coming into the kitchen. So that's just great.

I had ants around my balcony door. Most of them should be dead by now because I kept killing them when I found some. 

On 9/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, Castellan said:

On the COVID theme, I had a surprise yesterday. I have been avoiding doing a proper supermarket shop because we are having a strict lockdown (by which I mean a proper lockdown, this state had a half assed approach to lockdowns which is why Delta has zoomed up) and every time I try to order the food delivered I find the delivery spots are booked out. So I went in late in the day and found it pretty deserted and with lots of empty shelves. I don't know if this is panic buying or more likely just everyone turning to delivery from the two major supermarket chains (who offer it). Some suburbs are really strictly locked down and they probably want to get enough in to see them through, keep their hungry kids at bay etc. The toilet paper mania doesn't seem to be happening, nor the canned tuna mania, just meat, fish & and some vegetables were very depleted as well as some canned goods. I mean it was a first world problem, you could still buy stuff to cook and eat, I was just surprised.

Then I came home really tired and flustered and realised it was probably the effects of the second AZ jab I had the day before and went to bed. That was my outing into the world.

Wow I’m so sorry the delta situation is so nasty over there. Here we are still mask free with parties and mass corporate events everywhere - the sure fire way to get our own delta crisis in the matter of weeks. 
I had found that only the first lockdown back in 2020 March had left supermarkets shaken. Both the physical stores and deliveries had worked pretty smoothly during waves 2-3. Funny anecdote, I kept a delivery sheet from wave 3 saying “get well *smiley face*” when I had covid and asked delivery guys to leave my stuff at the door. That was so sweet. Anyway, stay safe and hope you feel better after your AZ already! 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, Castellan said:

There is that stuff you smear on their route through your kitchen that kills em. Stops them anyway. Not sure if they learn not to come or if they carry it back and kill their whole nest.

We used to have an ant problem, but the poison they're supposed to carry back to the nest worked for us. Not quickly - we had to interrupt their route with the stuff quite a few times - but we haven't had any in years.

We have a company come spray some eco friendly stuff around the outside perimeter. The ants get bad around the pool every year. And this year the mosquitoes are off the charts. I get eaten alive when I garden. I have been in a pretty serious battle with squash bugs this year as well. 

52 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

We have a company come spray some eco friendly stuff around the outside perimeter. The ants get bad around the pool every year. And this year the mosquitoes are off the charts. I get eaten alive when I garden. I have been in a pretty serious battle with squash bugs this year as well. 

sounds like life in Planetos but on a mini scale

So...after several days of hard work organising, money spent on decoration stores...I managed to finally organise all my clothes, make up and other stuff:commie:

My favourite are the turquoise velvet basquets to separate different types of clothes: home clothes, sport ones, etc...

On 9/6/2021 at 10:02 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

So...after several days of hard work organising, money spent on decoration stores...I managed to finally organise all my clothes, make up and other stuff:commie:

My favourite are the turquoise velvet basquets to separate different types of clothes: home clothes, sport ones, etc...

This sounds great! Congrats to you! I’m sure it looks great!

I did a big try-on & declutter session the other day as well. Pushed myself to get rid of a bunch of stuff I haven’t worn in years but kept around because they are in great condition and I MIGHT wear them some day. But no, it’s highly unlikely that I’ll wear floral short-sleeves, business smart blazers that make my skin crawl, or party dresses of the past. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 9/8/2021 at 10:47 AM, RhaenysBee said:

This sounds great! Congrats to you! I’m sure it looks great!

I did a big try-on & declutter session the other day as well. Pushed myself to get rid of a bunch of stuff I haven’t worn in years but kept around because they are in great condition and I MIGHT wear them some day. But no, it’s highly unlikely that I’ll wear floral short-sleeves, business smart blazers that make my skin crawl, or party dresses of the past. 

Oh that's my big issue, I'm struggling to get rid of clothes cause I like them.so much and my weight changes drastically. Should definitely do it though next time!

(as for party dresses difficult to wear them in corona times:worried: so good!)

I also bought a mushroom night light from Ikea, and I can't like it more.

Hello people, how is everybody? 

we are slowing moving out of the last heatwave, into what I hope to be steadily pleasant autumnal weather. Also into the 4th wave of covid, but what can you do? Well one thing we could do is make masks mandatory again… 

managed to drag myself out of my Saturday rut and was a semi-functional person yesterday. Of course my job kills my soul again as soon as the work week starts and the audiobook I’m listening to is particularly depressing as well.

I should say something positive too, right? I bought a new watch, and it’s very pretty and it was 75% off. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It feels like half of the week is over already 

nope, still Monday.

So, very busy with job. Job is challenging and tiring, but not boring or soul-crushing or whatever, at least not most parts of it.

we are slowing moving out of the last heatwave, into what I hope to be steadily pleasant autumnal weather. Also into the 4th wave of covid, but what can you do? Well one thing we could do is make masks mandatory again… 

You don't have mandatory masks? :o We have to wear them a lot. And be tested/vaccinated. And some students were already quarantined, and the school year only just started. It doesn't look good on regards to covid here.

I should say something positive too, right? I bought a new watch, and it’s very pretty and it was 75% off. 

What does it look like? I am very much used to wear a watch and always feel like something is missing when I don't have it on my arm.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

It feels like half of the week is over already 

nope, still Monday.

So, very busy with job. Job is challenging and tiring, but not boring or soul-crushing or whatever, at least not most parts of it.

You don't have mandatory masks? :o We have to wear them a lot. And be tested/vaccinated. And some students were already quarantined, and the school year only just started. It doesn't look good on regards to covid here.

What does it look like? I am very much used to wear a watch and always feel like something is missing when I don't have it on my arm.

It absolutely does, doesn’t it? And the fact that it’s still only Monday is… just awful. 

Glad to hear the job is challenging in a positive, or at least indifferent way. how is the new flat treating you? 

Schools do. But there isn’t a government order to make them mandatory for the general public in shops, on public transport, etc. And I think 95-100% of teachers are vaccinated, 80-90% of kids as well. No testing. But we have a superbacterium circulating at schools currently anyway. Just so there’s a bit of change from covid…

It’s just plain with a maroon strap. This one, but with the maroon strap, which I suppose is discontinued hence the crazy discount. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

17 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Glad to hear the job is challenging in a positive, or at least indifferent way. how is the new flat treating you?

I feel very much at home here. :) I am still missing some things that one doesn't even think of until one doesn't have them, but I have brought most of the stuff I need here. I have also embraced the ants as my roommates, I suppose. :P

Schools do. But there isn’t a government order to make them mandatory for the general public in shops, on public transport, etc. And I think 95-100% of teachers are vaccinated, 80-90% of kids as well. No testing. But we have a superbacterium circulating at schools currently anyway. Just so there’s a bit of change from covid…

Uh no fun. Here the regulations are becoming stricter again. For most places, you have to be either vaccinated, tested negative or have recovered from the infection to visit.

Most of the staff at my workplace are vaccinated, a few need to test regularly. Not sure about the kids though.

It’s just plain with a maroon strap. This one, but with the maroon strap, which I suppose is discontinued hence the crazy discount. 

A pretty watch.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:08 PM, RhaenysBee said:

managed to drag myself out of my Saturday rut and was a semi-functional person yesterday. Of course my job kills my soul again as soon as the work week starts and the audiobook I’m listening to is particularly depressing as well.

Fine! Getting into routine again, proofreading a website, studying in order to start my thesis and I tried climbing wall for the first time, with no much success, but it was fun

What is the audiobook about???<

7 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Fine! Getting into routine again, proofreading a website, studying in order to start my thesis and I tried climbing wall for the first time, with no much success, but it was fun

What is the audiobook about???<

Great to hear! Best of luck with the thesis and hats off for wall climbing. Couldn’t ever do that myself :lol: 

about the many ways modern civilization sucks :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...I just discovered that proofreading and translating is terribly boring and this project is much longer than I expected.

My thesis needs to start, and I haven't. I started one subject of a new Master, but I'm pending of some validations; otherwise not sure what I'll do with it.

I went to see a county basquetball match and some players were handsomish.

I bought a decorative rope with hanging little balls covered in 3-coloured blueyish threads that get illuminated. It's so cosy for the rest of the bedroom.

The other day I was about to go to the opera with a friend, but at the end we had to seat separated and buy the tickets last minute, and since I have not gone tere ever, I preferred to decline the invitation because I wanna sit next to someone the first time I go.