TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello? Don't let my post be the one that killed TTTNE, pretty pretty please ... :crying: 

TTTNE is not allowed to die while Its a threadlet I started.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nah, we will stick around to celebrate the second birthday of this thread in December. 

somehow this would not supprise me.

How are you not really spammers?  Spring has sprung here, the daffs are all in full bloom and my cherries are starting to bud.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nah, we will stick around to celebrate the second birthday of this thread in December. 

:o

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

TTTNE is not allowed to die while Its a threadlet I started.

somehow this would not supprise me.

How are you not really spammers?  Spring has sprung here, the daffs are all in full bloom and my cherries are starting to bud.

This sounds lovely.

I am just ... overworked, as usual. And spring cannot come soon enough for me.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m okay I guess. You know. Not great, not terrible. It’s getting quite spring-like here as well. We just had a long weekend.

I had a week long holiday like two weeks ago, and I am exhausted again. Uh. I stayed late at work today to catch up with some things, and work just keeps piling on still.

It is getting quite spring-like in the afternoons here too. Mornings are still very cold.

41 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I had a week long holiday like two weeks ago, and I am exhausted again. Uh. I stayed late at work today to catch up with some things, and work just keeps piling on still.

It is getting quite spring-like in the afternoons here too. Mornings are still very cold.

Ah I'm sorry. Do you expect the workload to get more bearable or is this standard for your job?

Same here. It’s 13-15C in the afternoon but sub zero at night.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah I'm sorry. Do you expect the workload to get more bearable or is this standard for your job?

Same here. It’s 13-15C in the afternoon but sub zero at night.

I think this school year has taught me that this is the standard, sadly. I used to tell myself that it would get eaaier after this one assignment, but then a new assignment crops up every time. And then there is the next parent-teacher meeting, and the next test/essay to prepare and to grade, and the next class to plan, and the next assignment I have to accomplish and seminar to attend for my own continuous education ... and somehow I still end up thinking I don't know and am not prepared enough.

And I have to go to the dentist today.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

How is everyone over here? 
well, I hope. Well or unwell, what you need is strawberry wine. Vile thing, but as addictive as chocolate. 

I had a lovely trip with the gentleman yesterday, we had a long walk through the park/botanical garden thing. It is not yet all in bloom though, we probably should have waited a week or two more before all the daffodils and tulips and tree blossoms open up.

And since then, busy with grading essays that I've been putting off for the last week. This is easily the most boring and tedious part of my job. Also extremely time-consuming and difficult, because there is such a great danger of being subjective that I constantly doubt my own judgement and my own capability to do my job properly. :idea: 

I’m watching the new season of Bridgerton, unlike the strawberry wine it’s not so bad it’s good. It’s just plainly bad. Full stop. 

I am planning to watch it over the next few days - it will be my prize after I finish grading these essays. I do hope my judgement is going to be different than yours, I actually want to enjoy it! :P 

Will nobody join me in my tipsy rambling? :( 

I am here! Not tipsy, though. Have to be concentrated, cause again, essays. And driving to the tiny town to my tiny flat later in the afternoon.

Well, I do hope you’re all having some strawberry wine at least. 

Nope.

How is waking up the next days after strawberry wine working out?

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I had a lovely trip with the gentleman yesterday, we had a long walk through the park/botanical garden thing. It is not yet all in bloom though, we probably should have waited a week or two more before all the daffodils and tulips and tree blossoms open up.

Oh this sounds just perfectly lovely!!! I suppose spring has sprung over there as well. Nature walks are the best. 

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

And since then, busy with grading essays that I've been putting off for the last week. This is easily the most boring and tedious part of my job. Also extremely time-consuming and difficult, because there is such a great danger of being subjective that I constantly doubt my own judgement and my own capability to do my job properly. :idea: 

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m sorry about this. Do you ever do digital tests? Maybe that’s not a thing in secondary schools. My mother says she loves digital tests since covid because she only has to correct essays, quizzes are machine corrected. 

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

am planning to watch it over the next few days - it will be my prize after I finish grading these essays. I do hope my judgement is going to be different than yours, I actually want to enjoy it! :P 

ah, let me know how you liked it. I’m three episodes in but I’m just not feeling it so far. Maybe it will get better. 

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

How is waking up the next days after strawberry wine working out?

Oh it was fine, I didn’t have all that much, (luckily I’m so unused to alcohol these days that very little is enough to make me tipsy). I still have a little over half the bottle left for today. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh this sounds just perfectly lovely!!! I suppose spring has sprung over there as well. Nature walks are the best. 

Yup. I hope to do more outings in the next months.

I have to go for a long hike on Thursday with the students though. I am not looking forward to that. I do like the students. I don't like hikes.

I’m sorry about this. Do you ever do digital tests? Maybe that’s not a thing in secondary schools. My mother says she loves digital tests since covid because she only has to correct essays, quizzes are machine corrected.

I did some grading online last year when we were online. But when we are actually in school, we don't. And tests are so much easier even on paper. Also, I like to set up tests when the students have to write their own answers, and you can only really set up digital self-grading tests and quizzes with short answers/multiple choice/yes-no answers, and I don't like to use this format of testing that much because it doesn't show what the students are actually able to formulate for themselves.

ah, let me know how you liked it. I’m three episodes in but I’m just not feeling it so far. Maybe it will get better. 

Hopefully!

Although I cannot imagine they made the 2nd season lead nearly as attractive as the 1st season lead was ... :P 

Oh it was fine, I didn’t have all that much, (luckily I’m so unused to alcohol these days that very little is enough to make me tipsy). I still have a little over half the bottle left for today. 

I still have half a bottle of wine the gentleman once brought to my flat open in my fridge. That was months ago. It is probably not good anymore. Hmmm.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yup. I hope to do more outings in the next months.

I have to go for a long hike on Thursday with the students though. I am not looking forward to that. I do like the students. I don't like hikes.

Yay for that! I hope the weather stays nice.
Oh I like hikes! students not so much. Still scared of teenagers. 

did some grading online last year when we were online. But when we are actually in school, we don't. And tests are so much easier even on paper. Also, I like to set up tests when the students have to write their own answers, and you can only really set up digital self-grading tests and quizzes with short answers/multiple choice/yes-no answers, and I don't like to use this format of testing that much because it doesn't show what the students are actually able to formulate for themselves.

yep that makes perfect sense. I remember being a student and enjoying quizzes because I could get a top score without being able to utter a sentence. Well kudos to you for taking the time to actually teach kids. That’s pretty rare. 

Although I cannot imagine they made the 2nd season lead nearly as attractive as the 1st season lead was ... :P 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know!!!! That’s a chief problem with this season! Anthony just doesn’t compare to Simon. And while I found Daphne wholly likable and relatable, I just can’t seem to like Kate so far. 

I still have half a bottle of wine the gentleman once brought to my flat open in my fridge. That was months ago. It is probably not good anymore. Hmmm.

:lol: yeah, I suggest getting rid of that. I usually get stuck with half bottles of wine in the fridge I used for cooking and forgot about the leftovers. 

22 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

How is everyone over here? 
well, I hope. Well or unwell, what you need is strawberry wine. Vile thing, but as addictive as chocolate. 

Sounds nice :) I might try a bottle if I see any available locally. It is unpleasantly early on Monday morning here, though, so definitely not what I need right now.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay for that! I hope the weather stays nice.
Oh I like hikes! students not so much. Still scared of teenagers.

Hikes are ones of the worst evils of the school system. :ack: 

Teenagers can be scary, true. Most of the times, they are completely harmless, though.

yep that makes perfect sense. I remember being a student and enjoying quizzes because I could get a top score without being able to utter a sentence. Well kudos to you for taking the time to actually teach kids. That’s pretty rare.

I try to make them communicate as much as possible. It works with some, others, not so much. When I give grades for speaking, they need to be able to put together some whole sentences and directly understand my questions and respond appropriately.

I know!!!! That’s a chief problem with this season! Anthony just doesn’t compare to Simon. And while I found Daphne wholly likable and relatable, I just can’t seem to like Kate so far. 

Right, Simon being about the only TV character we can agree is hot. :lol: Now, it is waaaay too late for me to start watching an episode if I want to be awake tomorrow, BUT ... this conversation is tempting me to start watching it ... I was really really good and graded all those essays ... tempting tempting ...

:lol: yeah, I suggest getting rid of that. I usually get stuck with half bottles of wine in the fridge I used for cooking and forgot about the leftovers. 

I will. At some point. I do hate wasting food, but it looks like in this instance it will be inevitable.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hikes are ones of the worst evils of the school system. :ack: 

Teenagers can be scary, true. Most of the times, they are completely harmless, though.

Is that perhaps the reason why they are not part of the school system here? :eek: nah, they should totally be part of it. 

try to make them communicate as much as possible. It works with some, others, not so much. When I give grades for speaking, they need to be able to put together some whole sentences and directly understand my questions and respond appropriately.

That sounds very sensible and beneficial for them. 

Right, Simon being about the only TV character we can agree is hot. :lol: Now, it is waaaay too late for me to start watching an episode if I want to be awake tomorrow, BUT ... this conversation is tempting me to start watching it ... I was really really good and graded all those essays ... tempting tempting ...

the only one, really? Have we never agreed about anybody else? Well that’s the power of Simon. 
I watched two episodes last night and it’s certainly picking up and getting better. 

14 hours ago, felice said:

Sounds nice :) I might try a bottle if I see any available locally. It is unpleasantly early on Monday morning here, though, so definitely not what I need right now.

Good luck! :cheers: Make sure you pick a mid range bottle at least, I have had undrinkable strawberry wine before that’s bad in a bad way, and not bad in a good way :lol: 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is that perhaps the reason why they are not part of the school system here? :eek: nah, they should totally be part of it.

Agree to disagree.

It looks like there won't be one on  Thursday anyway, because it is apparently going to rain.

That sounds very sensible and beneficial for them.

I am glad you think so.

the only one, really? Have we never agreed about anybody else? Well that’s the power of Simon. 
I watched two episodes last night and it’s certainly picking up and getting better.

I don't remember exactly. :lol: I just know we usually had wildly different opinions on this topic.

I ended up watching the first episode last night because of course I did. 

Spoiler

I find basically every other character more intetesting than the lead. I want to see more of Eloise, Benedict, mother Bridgerton, Lady Danbury ... just don't care for Anthony. I think I am more invested in the love story of the middle Featheringtom girl and her whatshisname, Finch is it, than I am in Anthony. I hope he becomes likable and interesting in the next few episodes.

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Agree to disagree.

It looks like there won't be one on  Thursday anyway, because it is apparently going to rain.

I am glad you think so.

I don't remember exactly. :lol: I just know we usually had wildly different opinions on this topic.

I ended up watching the first episode last night because of course I did. 

Reveal hidden contents

I find basically every other character more intetesting than the lead. I want to see more of Eloise, Benedict, mother Bridgerton, Lady Danbury ... just don't care for Anthony. I think I am more invested in the love story of the middle Featheringtom girl and her whatshisname, Finch is it, than I am in Anthony. I hope he becomes likable and interesting in the next few episodes.

One of the few times ones happy for a rainy weather :D 

Yeah, I know, well, Simon is above those kinds of disagreements. No living soul could deny his hotness. 

I finished the season last night. I wasn’t particularly impressed but maybe I had way too high expectations. 

Spoiler

Yes, I found both leads insufferable and I’m dissatisfied with their character arches as well. It was really the sub plots that made the season interesting, primarily the Featherington one.