TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 12/4/2020 at 6:30 AM, RhaenysBee said:

But yeah, it’s a shame FG is so lifeless these days. GenChat is doing fine at least.  

when I first got on the forum in 2013 it was very lively with people desperately hovering over elimination games etc

maybe when/if TWOW comes out there will be a bit of an influx,,,

Edited by Castellan

6 hours ago, Castellan said:

when I first got on the forum in 2013 it was very lively with people desperately hovering over elimination games etc

maybe when/if TWOW comes out there will be a bit of an influx,,,

I think it was all right up until 2016ish, but 2012-13-14 was the golden age indeed. (And before too, I’m sure - I joined in 2012)

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

KiiiiiiiD! Hi, welcome home! :commie: How is life going on for you?

Thanks Bucky :) 

Its been a lot of ups and downs this year. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and that's probably been the single hardest thing. Some other illness in the extended family but somehow we've all managed to avoid covid so far. 

On the other hand I bought a house at the beginning of the year, and I've been fortunate enough to keep my job through all the madness of 2020 so I can keep the mortgage paid. I never thought I would be a homeowner. I've been living here for 10 months and it still doesn't feel real. 

All things considered I can't really complain. With everything happening this year I've been incredibly fortunate. 

How are you doing? 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, KiDisaster said:

Happy belated birthdays to Rhaenys & Bucky. It has been a hell of a year, friends. I hope all of you are healthy and safe. 

And remember, the spam can never truly die. It will live on in all of us. :commie:

Thank you and welcome back!

I love that. Let’s hope spam will live in us like the lion king :D 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Its been a lot of ups and downs this year. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and that's probably been the single hardest thing. Some other illness in the extended family but somehow we've all managed to avoid covid so far. 

On the other hand I bought a house at the beginning of the year, and I've been fortunate enough to keep my job through all the madness of 2020 so I can keep the mortgage paid. I never thought I would be a homeowner. I've been living here for 10 months and it still doesn't feel real. 

I’m really sorry to hear that. It’s fortunate that you didn’t have to deal with covid at least. Hope it stays that way. 

congratulations, that’s a big achievement! Enjoy your new home! 

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Thanks Bucky :) 

All things considered I can't really complain. With everything happening this year I've been incredibly fortunate. 

How are you doing? 

I am sad to hear about your mother's ilness, this is really hard to deal with.

But congratulations on the house! :cheers: Glad to hear covid and everything didn't directly hurt you.

I have a new job since about four months now (wow, has it really been that long?), so that's good, but we have been under lockdown for two months in this country and the covid stats don't seem to be improving, so that sucks.

I just dreamed that a bunch of people I know had covid and I was in contact with them and we were in some kind of a hospital setting, and they tested me for covid too, but then I woke up before I could find out if I had covid or not.

One might say that this pandemic shit is weighing on me mentally a bit.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I just dreamed that a bunch of people I know had covid and I was in contact with them and we were in some kind of a hospital setting, and they tested me for covid too, but then I woke up before I could find out if I had covid or not.

One might say that this pandemic shit is weighing on me mentally a bit.

Oh I’m so sorry. Weird stress dreams are the worst. Is the situation still not improving in Slo?

I had one dream the other week in which I was a hipster lady with dreadlocks and a German Pointer. I was on a stony beach where I was attacked and the assaulters sliced the dog into bloody mess. I also dream a lot about being in a school with various random people (real or fictional). So weird. 

40 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh I’m so sorry. Weird stress dreams are the worst. Is the situation still not improving in Slo?

Not really, the daily infection numbers are still very high. Some businesses and shops have opened yesterday, but probably only for a few days. Schools are staying closed and commune borders too. Because it is apparently way more crucial to have a new haircut and a new car than a basic education, right? :dunno:

40 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I had one dream the other week in which I was a hipster lady with dreadlocks and a German Pointer. I was on a stony beach where I was attacked and the assaulters sliced the dog into bloody mess. I also dream a lot about being in a school with various random people (real or fictional). So weird. 

This is ... disturbing. Weird dreams are horrible, especially when you wake up alone and have nobody to cuddle into to comfort you.

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sad to hear about your mother's ilness, this is really hard to deal with.

But congratulations on the house! :cheers: Glad to hear covid and everything didn't directly hurt you.

I have a new job since about four months now (wow, has it really been that long?), so that's good, but we have been under lockdown for two months in this country and the covid stats don't seem to be improving, so that sucks.

Congrats on the new job also :)

Covid numbers only ever get worse here in the good old USA. Especially in Florida. I've been having stress dreams about it too. 

5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Oh no the Golden Age was circa 2005-6 and NHAW.

I'd say 2005-9  is the golden age of forum games.

NHAW is always awesome.  I have very fond memories.

Everyone's personal board golden age is age is about when they joined or at least when they became active in the non book and now show forums.

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I suppose the golden age for everybody was the time they felt there was the most life in forum games within the period of their board membership. In 2005-6 I was practically a baby and had no idea asoiaf even existed. Between 2012-2020, 2012-2015 was the liveliest time. 

stop making me feel old.

*shakes cane*   Now git off ma lawn!  I'm in Teir 3, your not allowed to even visit my garden, Boris said so.

Just now, Pebble thats Stubby said:

stop making me feel old.

*shakes cane*   Now git off ma lawn!  I'm in Teir 3, your not allowed to even visit my garden, Boris said so.

:lol: sorry. 
I feel old already. Although I’m starting to reconcile with the approaching milestone. Maybe after an at best “meh” decade, my thirties will be full of great things and I’ll think of them with as much fondness as I think of my teen years. But let’s not rush ahead, I still have a bit of time before that number knocks on my door. 

22 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Congrats on the new job also :)

Covid numbers only ever get worse here in the good old USA. Especially in Florida. I've been having stress dreams about it too. 

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the situation changes there soon too.

12 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Oh no the Golden Age was circa 2005-6 and NHAW.

Some of us were way too young to post on here at that time. :leaving:

6 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Everyone's personal board golden age is age is about when they joined or at least when they became active in the non book and now show forums.

I agree.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: sorry. 
I feel old already. Although I’m starting to reconcile with the approaching milestone. Maybe after an at best “meh” decade, my thirties will be full of great things and I’ll think of them with as much fondness as I think of my teen years. But let’s not rush ahead, I still have a bit of time before that number knocks on my door. 

Wait, aren't you a year younger than me? I just turned 29 and I am dreading next birthday already. *shudder* I wish I could be a few years younger again and get a chance to do some things I didn't manage.

I really don't want to spend my last year as a 20-something in quarantine. :crying: Living with my parents, no less. :crying:

there is nothing wrong with living with parents, especially as us old people have made it almost impossible for young people to buy houses or afford to rent on their own.

Also I am now imagining Bucky when she first joined the forum actually taking part in the NHAW threads  (time travel - you pervs,  Bucky would have been well underage)   I mean you blush a lot now but when you first joined  ........  there is not a shade red enough for the colour I think you would have gone.   twas a different era.

It was also from those events I was sent some unsolicited High def, Hat not adequality worn pics.

Edited by Pebble thats Stubby