TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Honestly, I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s no right way to treat this situation. I mean I wouldn’t know which finger to bite if I were a decision maker in these times. 

We had similar restrictions in April, ironically we had fewer cases throughout spring than we do in one day now. 

I suppose all we can do at this point is hope for the best and have faith in medicine. 

Sure, the house is 27 years old and not in a good condition. She doesn’t necessarily agree with my design ideas but it’s her house so it’s going to look the way she wants it at the end of the day. 

It seems like the current decision makers don't either. And they seem to decide one thing, but then change their minds all the time or they don't see the thing they decided on through. :dunno: 

Yes, the numbers were a lot lower in the spring here as well.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It seems like the current decision makers don't either. And they seem to decide one thing, but then change their minds all the time or they don't see the thing they decided on through. :dunno: 

Yes, the numbers were a lot lower in the spring here as well.

Yeah, the inconsistency is pretty disheartening to see, especially if you can’t put reason behind it. We seem to be stagnating, especially here in the city. I think the country might be less disciplined, whereas here we have a lot of police enforcing curfew and sanctioning people without masks. Who knows. Hope your numbers improve soon too. Sending thoughts and love to Slo. 

So I am in work tonight.   I had only worked a few days last week at home then took vacation (that I could have carried over to next year)  and was due to take these last 2 days off.  

This would have meant that I would have been self isolating before we met up with family for xmas.  (who have also been self isolating for this).  We were allowed to meet up, but now Boris has made it illegal.  Yes I'm pissed off.  I also understand why.  We didn't need to self isolate before according to the rules but we were being safe and sensible.   If you are gonna cancel Christmas totally on me (cos that's what has happened)  then cold you have done so a little earlier, before I wasted holiday.

We go out of our way to be extra safe and careful (way beyond the rules), and its spoiled by so many others not giving a fuck - I've seen the pictures.   I despair of my fellow people.  and I know that my woes really are so much less than most others.  we had just been so strict and so careful all year, was really looking forward to spending time with family.  (and not just dropping food off at the door -  which we have clicked and collect cos fuck going in a store - there are stupid people germ spreaders in there).   There are so many others now stuck in the uk and can't get home because they have closed the ports by being alarmist.  - Yes I know there is a new strain, but its been circulating since October, the rest of Europe already has it.  At least let you people come home.

I really sympathize :( my friend who lives in the UK barely got out before everything was closed down. Now they don’t know how they’ll get back (her boyfriend was supposed to fly back right after NYE, but at least they are with their family now). 

And I understand your frustration with the drastic measures. Whatever this new strain is, it’s certainly all over Europe and has been for weeks. By the time the UK indentified it, it had more than enough chance to spread out. Might be it didn’t even pop up there. 

As for being extra safe beyond regulations, I feel you. I struggled a lot with this back in early autumn and later spring. The general issue is that we wouldn’t even be where we are if EVERYBODY did just as much as the regulations and hygiene guidelines require. 
:grouphug: for you :( 

:cheers: I suppose?

It is a Saturday, national holiday here (30th anniversary of independence), and school holidays, so I would say all in all a lazy day? I spent it by reading, taking a long walk with family, watching Once Upon a Time (first season, have never seen it before), making sweet rum balls (as a dessert, but I fear I used a bit too much room) and beating everybody at Uno.

Sooooo ... holidays! :commie: 

Not feeling like drinking, did enough of that at lunch yesterday. 

Doing desultory house cleaning, otherwise reading. It's the day after boxing day. Not sure what day you all are on.

I like the way time seems to stand still at Christmas. I'm sure I did not see a single car on our street on Christmas day (its a small town) and it was very very quiet.

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

Not feeling like drinking, did enough of that at lunch yesterday. 

Doing desultory house cleaning, otherwise reading. It's the day after boxing day. Not sure what day you all are on.

I like the way time seems to stand still at Christmas. I'm sure I did not see a single car on our street on Christmas day (its a small town) and it was very very quiet.

I feel you. After last night, I’m not drinking for a while. 

It’s the day after Boxing Day here as well. I got up around 11:30ish, talked two hours on the phone about my father - in all honesty, at this point I’m sick of the topic and just want everybody to get over this and move on with their lives. Then I watched... stuff. Sister got up an hour ago, we brewed some of the fancy tea she gifted me and now I’m sipping that while I read the magazine she also gifted me. 

Yes, the way time stops and one stops obsessing over schedule and to do lists is really the best part of the holidays. 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

And those of you who are already in the future ( @felice ?), how does 2021 look like so far?

Looking promising so far B) Nice weather, no hangover, and nothing out of the ordinary in the news. Fingers crossed the rest of the world makes it across the line without any new major disasters.

Have fun this evening, all, to the extent practical given your local circumstances! :cheers:

It was weird, we ignored New Years Eve, went to bed, then I happened to wake up and looked at the time and it was 12:00. Actually, I suppose someone must have made some tiny peep of sound that woke me, though it really would have been tiny, as all is quiet and gatherings over 5 people or something banned due to a new outbreak.All is peaceful here with the steady unseasonal mist and rain. Quite a change from the bushfires last year.

Only three and a half hours left of 2020 here. I don’t expect anything major from 2021. If it gives us just a couple weeks of peace and quite to recuperate and prepare for the rest, I’ll be glad.

I had a hormonal and depressive couple hours in the afternoon then I had a nice cry to Inside Out and now I’m feeling positive and ready to leave tears and pain and anxiety in the old year. So here’s to rolling into 2021 with the gratitude that after everything that happened in the past 12 months we are still here and healthy and kicking and we will fight through whatever the new year throws at us :cheers: (<- this is tea)

may the new year bring you all health, joy and good things to help you through the rest of the package deal! Hugs and kisses! 

Happy New Year, my dear spammers. :grouphug: I am staying at home with parents and brother, we just talked shortly over the fence with our neighbours.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I had a hormonal and depressive couple hours in the afternoon then I had a nice cry to Inside Out and now I’m feeling positive and ready to leave tears and pain and anxiety in the old year. So here’s to rolling into 2021 with the gratitude that after everything that happened in the past 12 months we are still here and healthy and kicking and we will fight through whatever the new year throws at us :cheers: (<- this is tea)

Watching Inside Out is always a good distraction. ;)

Edited by Buckwheat