TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

You need to try it, you’ll be a convert. Provided that you like the taste of sugary chestnut, of course. 

Im enjoying so far, I’ll probably stop when it starts going downhill. 

oh snap. Covid situation is disastrous, I’m sitting in front of my laptop for 11 hours every day and in work breaks I online shop. I should channel my feelings into more budget friendly activities*. Thank god I didn’t order shoes the other week! With no reopening in sight and all. 

*eta: actually, no. My bank account isn’t suffering from my humble retail therapy endeavors. It’s the four covid tests I paid for in the past month.

I have nevet tried sugary chestnut. I used to love roasted chestnuts, but then I ate way too many once and became sick after that. Since then, they don't taste the same to me.

Covid situation is indeed awful. :(

Or maybe also exploited-third-world-workers-friendly activity? Shopping over what one needs is indeed ... wasteful. I do understand it destresses you, but I sadly somehow cannot condone it.

I do hope the last of these tests was negative at last ...

I have my mandatory covid test for work tomorrow morning.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have nevet tried sugary chestnut. I used to love roasted chestnuts, but then I ate way too many once and became sick after that. Since then, they don't taste the same to me.

Covid situation is indeed awful. :(

Or maybe also exploited-third-world-workers-friendly activity? Shopping over what one needs is indeed ... wasteful. I do understand it destresses you, but I sadly somehow cannot condone it.

I do hope the last of these tests was negative at last ...

I have my mandatory covid test for work tomorrow morning.

Hah, curious! I don’t particularly love roasted chestnut. I’ll have a bite if it’s in front of me in a bowl but I won’t go out of my way to make some for instance. each to their own. Sweet chestnut paste is lovely, though, we put it in all kinds of desserts. 

And only getting worse...

Well...let’s not go down this rabbit hole of a topic. If it’s any comfort, I’m also exploiting local independent sellers, most of the home decor and comfort items I buy is from them :dunno: (and with brexit I’ll also have to switch to the local foreign language bookshop - although they themselves order through book depository too, which is just one of the funny things about this topic)

No negative test so far, I’m getting the fourth on Monday, if I’m still positive, I won’t be seeing family for Easter :/ 

Sorry about the nose swab this morning. This was your last one though, right? 

On 3/24/2021 at 9:45 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah. It is a thing. :wub:

anyway, I was just about to post to let you know I did start OUAT again after all. And had a hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon OUAT style. Living the whipped cream life these days...

Hiiiiii! So nice to hear from you! How are you doing and how’s your sweet family? Hope everything as good as can be with you too! 

Hey :), our family is good, mini sith 2 was 1 in Febuary!, I'm still struggling a lot with depression but it's a battle I'm winning at least, I hope you, sister and the dogs are good!.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, RhaenysBee said:

No negative test so far, I’m getting the fourth on Monday, if I’m still positive, I won’t be seeing family for Easter :/ 

Sorry about the nose swab this morning. This was your last one though, right? 

I am sorry about the positive test results. The situation is only getting worse here too. I ... am very fed up with this all. And on top of it, we are having a family health-related crisis (not covid-related). I just want to see the kind gentleman to talk to, but with covid, the restrictions, crazy different schedules and family stuff going all wrong, scheduling a meetup is very hard.

It was the last one ... for now, I suppose? I mean, they are talking about potentially closing the schools again. :crying: FFS, and here I was thinking we were vaccinated as a priority exactly so we could keep the schools open.

9 minutes ago, Jen'ari said:

Hey :), our family is good, mini sith 2 was 1 in Febuary!, I'm still struggling a lot with depression but it's a battle I'm winning at least, I hope you, sister and the dogs are good!.

Happy birthday to mini Sith 2! And yay for winning the battle with depression. Stay safe and healthy, the whole family. :) 

On 3/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry about the positive test results. The situation is only getting worse here too. I ... am very fed up with this all. And on top of it, we are having a family health-related crisis (not covid-related). I just want to see the kind gentleman to talk to, but with covid, the restrictions, crazy different schedules and family stuff going all wrong, scheduling a meetup is very hard.

It was the last one ... for now, I suppose? I mean, they are talking about potentially closing the schools again. :crying: FFS, and here I was thinking we were vaccinated as a priority exactly so we could keep the schools open.

I’m so sorry about the health crisis in your family. I really hope it’s on track to be all right and everybody’s fine. 

and yeah, covid situation is still disastrous, vaccination rollout is so...  overall it feels worse than last spring. But I suppose things had to get worse before they can get better. 

we plan to open schools in the second half of April. I don’t think this’ll be possible and if they go through with it, the consequences will break the systems. 

On 3/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Jen'ari said:

Ah, happy belated birthday!!! And I’m so happy to hear that you’re conquering your depression! Yeah, for now everybody’s okay, though I’m in constant anxiety about my mother as well as the dogs. Oh well. I’ll bless the day she finally gets at least a notification for a vaccine. 

On 3/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m so sorry about the health crisis in your family. I really hope it’s on track to be all right and everybody’s fine. 

and yeah, covid situation is still disastrous, vaccination rollout is so...  overall it feels worse than last spring. But I suppose things had to get worse before they can get better. 

we plan to open schools in the second half of April. I don’t think this’ll be possible and if they go through with it, the consequences will break the systems. 

Well ... we'll see about that.

It is worse than last spring, at least the morale is much worse. We still have a really stupid government. And they keep making dumber and dumber decisions.

About this new lockdown we are supposed to be having. Welp. They said they were going to shut everything down on the 1st April in an attempt to stop the virus and give people more time to get vaccinations. Well, it turns out that everything now basically means only the public sector (i. e., mostly schools and public offices) and some parts of the private sector, like hair salons and restaurants etc. But large stores are staying open in a lot of cases, as well as car workshops (I know that because our car is going to be repaired next week), aaaaaaaand all the large production companies. So basically, I cannot see my students and work in the school even with everybody wearing masks and most of the teachers being vaccinated with the first dose already, while production workers can be in a large production hall with who knows how many coworkers, and sit together in the company cafeteria and whatever, mainly not vaccinated. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense ... not. <_< Just because apparently the private sector cannot stop because money. I mean, yes, money is fucking important, but then let's not pretend we are doing everything we can to stop the virus if the first thing you do is just close down schools for months on end and leave a lot of the other areas open for everybody to get infected as much as they like. I remember the politicians saying that schools should be the last to close and the first to open. So much about that.

I am really, really, sick of these lockdowns and the isolation and the restrictions and I can feel becoming depressed after only two days of working from home again.

/rant

greetings Rhaeny my dear...i am healthy and clean...and vaccinated to boot...

sorry to read you aren't...i hope your test came back clean

...the vile cesspool of toxic spew that is the usa at this time has not had its way with me...probably because i am not forced to go into the world to work and the lack of interaction with people is something i seek out in my normal life so no mental health effects...i'm still have my one active brain cell and honestly the quality of weed has improved...a silver lining i guess

:smoking:

On 4/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, Buckwheat said:

It is worse than last spring, at least the morale is much worse. We still have a really stupid government. And they keep making dumber and dumber decisions.

Same. Both objectively and in terms of moral, it’s much worse. How much of that is the government’s fault could only be judged with time travel magic, but I get the frustration. 

About this new lockdown we are supposed to be having. Welp. They said they were going to shut everything down on the 1st April in an attempt to stop the virus and give people more time to get vaccinations. Well, it turns out that everything now basically means only the public sector (i. e., mostly schools and public offices) and some parts of the private sector, like hair salons and restaurants etc. But large stores are staying open in a lot of cases, as well as car workshops (I know that because our car is going to be repaired next week), aaaaaaaand all the large production companies.

We had a similar lockdown from early March, it’s up for debate how much result it yielded. But it was certainly safer than the reopening we are doing *drumroll* tomorrow (literally). 

So basically, I cannot see my students and work in the school even with everybody wearing masks and most of the teachers being vaccinated with the first dose already, while production workers can be in a large production hall with who knows how many coworkers, and sit together in the company cafeteria and whatever, mainly not vaccinated. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense ... not.

Production companies have quite strict sanitary regulations for work safety anyway, it’s probably easier to adhere to covid safety rules than in a school environment with young children. Productions halls (the ones I had seen, admittedly a small number) are very spacious too.  And it’s possible to make education digital, it isn’t possible to do manual labor digitally.  But again, I absolutely understand the frustration that such integral of your job as personal interaction is taken out of it :(

I hope you can return to school soon, at least with secondary school students and work from home will be over and you’ll feel less depressed about the rest of the restrictions. Hang in there :grouphug: 

7 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings Rhaeny my dear...i am healthy and clean...and vaccinated to boot...

sorry to read you aren't...i hope your test came back clean

...the vile cesspool of toxic spew that is the usa at this time has not had its way with me...probably because i am not forced to go into the world to work and the lack of interaction with people is something i seek out in my normal life so no mental health effects...i'm still have my one active brain cell and honestly the quality of weed has improved...a silver lining i guess

That’s good, I’m really glad! :cheers: 

I am now thanks. It’s just the nature of this thing I suppose that tests come back negative even weeks after full recovery. I won’t pretend I understand the science of this, but it’s allegedly a common, albeit unfortunate aspect quality of covid infection. What can you do :dunno: 

Glad you’re doing all right in terms mental health too. Do you have some company at least? 

...i admit i have been staying alone for the most part at a cabin i have in north carolina...but decided i needed to come back to join SwmbO aka Number One Niece who has been taking care of everyone in home base in south carolina while i have been actively shirking responsibility...

...so here i am surrounded by wailing banshees, vapid school girls, and old ladies who "know what's best"...

...and lots of love and fantastic food of course, to make it all good :cheers:

6 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

<sniff...sniff>

<lifting leg to remark old territory...>

Sniffer! Hi! Welcome back. :)

And congratulations on your vaccination too. Glad to hear you are safe.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I hope you can return to school soon, at least with secondary school students and work from home will be over and you’ll feel less depressed about the rest of the restrictions. Hang in there :grouphug: 

Thanks, and thanks for trying to keep me sane. :) Online schooling over Zoom today went mostly well. It is still weirdly exhausting spending that much time videoconferencing.

It snowed today, and it got so cold. Tonight the temperatures are going to drop as low as -5 °C again, after a few weeks of spring. April weather, apparently.

I suppose the silver lining of all this work from home is not having to commute in this weather?

Edited by Buckwheat

I’ve never posted in TTNE before (I don’t think so anyway, possibly while drunk), but the thread title caught my eye (4 months late, I know) and so I read a few posts for context. Just chiming in to say that I’d be very sad to see TTNE disappear. As I said, I’ve never participated, but I was quite active in Forum Games 6 or 7 years ago, and TTNE just seemed like a permanent part of the background. The idea that it could be mortal after all is a little upsetting.

I don’t have the energy to post here regularly, and I’m not really chatty enough for it anyway, but this is my drop in the bucket to keep it going. It’s a very cosy corner of the internet, and it’s nice to see people just being nice to each other.

I hope you’re all hanging in there. :)

18 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I’ve never posted in TTNE before (I don’t think so anyway, possibly while drunk), but the thread title caught my eye (4 months late, I know) and so I read a few posts for context. Just chiming in to say that I’d be very sad to see TTNE disappear. As I said, I’ve never participated, but I was quite active in Forum Games 6 or 7 years ago, and TTNE just seemed like a permanent part of the background. The idea that it could be mortal after all is a little upsetting.

I don’t have the energy to post here regularly, and I’m not really chatty enough for it anyway, but this is my drop in the bucket to keep it going. It’s a very cosy corner of the internet, and it’s nice to see people just being nice to each other.

Hi! Welcome here, regardless of how late! You are welcome to stay and post as often or as rarely as you want. :) We are all trying to keep this thread running, but the past few years left very few enthusiastic posters. In the times of covid, nobody seems to have much interest in anything at all. I often feel like I have nothing contribute anyway.

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Sniffer! Hi! Welcome back. :)

And congratulations on your vaccination too. Glad to hear you are safe.

...ah Buckwheat my glorious Queen, i am so happy to see your words... :cheers:

22 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

i think you been here a time or two to secretly sip a dram of peach brandy amongst friends... hahahahaha...welcome back :cheers:

...i refuse to outlive the thread that never ends...just saying

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

...ah Buckwheat my glorious Queen, i am so happy to see your words... :cheers:

i think you been here a time or two to secretly sip a dram of peach brandy amongst friends... hahahahaha...welcome back :cheers:

...i refuse to outlive the thread that never ends...just saying

It’s entirely possible! My memory of drunk posting is a little hazy...

And thanks for the welcome!

On 4/7/2021 at 12:44 AM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

That is so kind of you to say! Tttne may yet survive, we’ll see how it goes :lol: 

And I, too, actually think that you posted here before. Although it could have been the chat. I’m not sure. I had my fair share of drunk posting/chatting back in those days too. 

Either way, you’re always welcome no matter the frequency of your posts! 

Thanks, you too! :cheers: 

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm in quarantine since my roommate tested positive, but hopefully I'll be allowed out tomorrow. For now I'm inside drinking wine and catching up on Attack on Titan and Drag Race.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:56 PM, Jen'ari said:

Good for you, I hope it stays that way! (Though giving in yo your negative feelings is a very Sith thing to do, but let's try to avoid it this time).

On 4/7/2021 at 12:44 AM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Sweet of you, hope you're hanging in there as well!

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm in quarantine since my roommate tested positive, but hopefully I'll be allowed out tomorrow. For now I'm inside drinking wine and catching up on Attack on Titan and Drag Race.

Good for you, I hope it stays that way! (Though giving in yo your negative feelings is a very Sith thing to do, but let's try to avoid it this time).

Sweet of you, hope you're hanging in there as well!

Hope you’re okay, First. :cheers: Did you get a test yourself?