TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I see. This makes a lot more sense, I suppose.

Ehhhh ... still a long way to go till there. There are a few classes that write their tests/essays the week before Christmas, so there will be stuff to grade then too.

The German word Blätterteig is also basically leafy dough. And yup, they were good!

:(:grouphug: How long have you been at this job? Is there a chance it is going to get better once you get used to it more?

Is it that long? Only 3 weeks not counting the current one. At least that’s my comfort :lol: 

Little over a year. I can either stay long enough to resocialize to it to leave before it changes me and I do prefer that latter route. Still, for the next year at least, I’ll stick around for the stability. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Is it that long? Only 3 weeks not counting the current one. At least that’s my comfort :lol: 

This is crazy talk. It looks like 5 weeks to me. Yes, I am definitely including the current one, because it is one of the busiest in my year. I have only just turned off my work laptop 10 minutes ago, and it is past 10 PM here. Yesterday was about the same. I expect the situation won't calm down until the weekend. Sometimes things just pile up all at the same time.

On the bright side, a friend called me earlier and we had a short talk on the phone. We haven't seen each other in ages and it was a really lovely surprise to hear from her.

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Little over a year. I can either stay long enough to resocialize to it to leave before it changes me and I do prefer that latter route. Still, for the next year at least, I’ll stick around for the stability. 

Stability is good. I see it in my work too. I don't see myself staying in education on this level my whole life, but I think it would make sense to stay here for at least a few years.

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Ooh, I'm not liking the new forum update, I miss the old red. But hey everyone!

Hello FOMN! Welcome backm :)Tell us about how you are doing.

On 11/23/2021 at 5:47 PM, RhaenysBee said:

HI FOMN!!!! :commie: So lovely to see you! how is life? 

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello FOMN! Welcome backm :)Tell us about how you are doing.

Hi :) Overall I'm really good, just coming out of a few days of quarantine because a roommate tested positive. But I'm having a lot of fun with my friends and roommates, work has been great, and I'm getting ready to start writing my thesis. I'm even dating someone and while it's still in an early stage I'm starting to feel some butterflies. So overall, pretty awesome.
One anoying thing is that I found out I'm severely allergic to gluten, which I've been eating and drinking every day for forever. But I'm on the diet now and it's supposed to make me feel less tired all the time, though I'm not noticing any changes yet.

How have the two of you been? I haven't been keeping up on the thread.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:11 PM, First of My Name said:

Hi :) Overall I'm really good, just coming out of a few days of quarantine because a roommate tested positive. But I'm having a lot of fun with my friends and roommates, work has been great, and I'm getting ready to start writing my thesis. I'm even dating someone and while it's still in an early stage I'm starting to feel some butterflies. So overall, pretty awesome.
One anoying thing is that I found out I'm severely allergic to gluten, which I've been eating and drinking every day for forever. But I'm on the diet now and it's supposed to make me feel less tired all the time, though I'm not noticing any changes yet.

How have the two of you been? I haven't been keeping up on the thread.

Uhhhh a quarantine with a covid-positive roommate sounds like no fun. Did anybody else in the same household get infected?

What do you do for work now? And congratulations on dating! :)

I have had an extremely busy week, hopefully the next few weeks are slightly less stressful, but we will see - there is still a lot to do. And hybrid teaching sucks so bad.

Now I am on here to start the annual holiday thread! :commie: 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, Buckwheat said:

Uhhhh a quarantine with a covid-positive roommate sounds like no fun. Did anybody else in the same household get infected?

What do you do for work now? And congratulations on dating! :)

I have had an extremely busy week, hopefully the next few weeks are slightly less stressful, but we will see - there is still a lot to do. And hybrid teaching sucks so bad.

Now I am on here to start the annual holiday thread! :commie: 

None of us got the virus too, fortunately. 
I'm a bartender at a theater, and I'm dabbling into helping to organize events there now as well. It's just a side job but loads of fun. 

Does hybrid mean half online, half in real life? I hope it gets less stressful soon.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

None of us got the virus too, fortunately. 
I'm a bartender at a theater, and I'm dabbling into helping to organize events there now as well. It's just a side job but loads of fun.

Sounds fun. Covid is probably bad for all of these industries, though.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Does hybrid mean half online, half in real life? I hope it gets less stressful soon.

Yup, this is exactly what it means. It is not like teaching at all. You cannot do anything right either for the ones present in school or the ones virtually present. It is terrible.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:51 AM, felice said:

That's good! The taste is the most important thing.

I baked a Christmas cake this weekend. Smells good, but I have to pour alcohol over it for a few weeks before we can start eating it.

If you are a fan of cheese, then you should try eating said Xmas cake with a slice of cheese.   Something like Cheddar.   - This is traditional in parts of the UK.  and according to my family the only way fruit cake should be eaten.   

Yes it sounds freaky weird.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yup, this is exactly what it means. It is not like teaching at all. You cannot do anything right either for the ones present in school or the ones virtually present. It is terrible.

its a sucky system.  but the best that really can be done without hiring additional teachers to split them to either online or in person

49 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

If you are a fan of cheese, then you should try eating said Xmas cake with a slice of cheese.   Something like Cheddar.   - This is traditional in parts of the UK.  and according to my family the only way fruit cake should be eaten.   

Yes it sounds freaky weird.

Oh wow! Lots of British stock here in Canada and I’ve never ever heard of that! I must try it!

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Hmmm... :unsure: I assume that's without the icing? I might try a small bite, but it sounds bizarre.

15 minutes ago, felice said:

Hmmm... :unsure: I assume that's without the icing? I might try a small bite, but it sounds bizarre.

we normally don't eat the icing as its normally far too sweet.  so yes  put the cheese directly on the cake.

It does sound very bizarre, I admit it.  It sounds completely crazy

https://www.thecourtyarddairy.co.uk/blog/fruitcake-paired-cheese-origins-history/

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeah, we've had to cancel or postpone a lot of things, so I hardly have any shifts atm. Fortunately I'm still a student and not completely dependent on that income.

I'm on the other side of the screen/classroom, but yeah, I always feel bad for the teachers. 

19 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

its a sucky system.  but the best that really can be done without hiring additional teachers to split them to either online or in person

Indeed. And theoretically still better than all of them being online. Although I am not so sure anymore, after a few hybrid lessons.