TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I had the most amazing nap this afternoon. Between 3 and 4 pm was the best quality sleep I had in weeks. Oh I really needed this. 

How is everybody doing as Christmas creeps up on us?

Nothing new ... still busy. Two long workdays to go still, I am free on Friday. I am just trying to figure out what to write on a card I am writing as a Secret Santa to a coworker ... no ideas.

Edited by Buckwheat

A very merry Christmas indeed to everyone! May you find some peace and happiness over the next week or two of this holiday season, as we try to bury the worst of 2021 and hope that 2022 is much better! I know that it can be a stressful time as well, and I hope that our common struggle against the pandemic means that everyone will be more grateful and happy to celebrate with family and friends this year.

Have a wonderful time!  :cheers:  :grouphug: 

Merry Christmas

Its a lovely day and I am enjoying the (almost) absolute silence here. This is highway town and I have been used to the constant background rumble. Also everyone is staying home in their nests so no local traffic. A little taste of peace on earth.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:cheers: Happy New Year TTTNE! How is 2022 treating you all so far? 

It's been decidedly like last year so far.

Tomorrow is back to work. Today is back to my own tiny studio flat after a week with various constellations of family members, so I am looking forward to being in my own space for a bit.

I thought January was going to be less busy at work than November and December were, but right now things are still piling up for the next two weeks.

How is your 2022 so far?

37 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It's been decidedly like last year so far.

Tomorrow is back to work. Today is back to my own tiny studio flat after a week with various constellations of family members, so I am looking forward to being in my own space for a bit.

I thought January was going to be less busy at work than November and December were, but right now things are still piling up for the next two weeks.

How is your 2022 so far?

Indeed. 2022 so far is the exact same shit 2021 was. I have tomorrow off, which is nice even though I’m not exactly spending it as I planned, but what are plans anymore anyway? 

Nice for you to return to your own space and enjoy some private time!

i’m counting on the first week’s being very slow because I have a lot of rest to catch up on. I daresay I’m more tired at the end of two weeks off than I was before the holidays. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Indeed. 2022 so far is the exact same shit 2021 was. I have tomorrow off, which is nice even though I’m not exactly spending it as I planned, but what are plans anymore anyway? 

Nice for you to return to your own space and enjoy some private time!

i’m counting on the first week’s being very slow because I have a lot of rest to catch up on. I daresay I’m more tired at the end of two weeks off than I was before the holidays. 

Own space. Routine. I am enjoying that. Even tough right now, I am not enjoying early getting up so early and not having any breakfast because I don't have any supplies. Will buy something to eat on the way to work and am just having cocoa for now to wake up.

I am definitely not counting on a slow week ...

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Own space. Routine. I am enjoying that. Even tough right now, I am not enjoying early getting up so early and not having any breakfast because I don't have any supplies. Will buy something to eat on the way to work and am just having cocoa for now to wake up.

I am definitely not counting on a slow week ...

Yep, I’m getting a grocery delivery today as well. The way to know it’s 2022 is that everything costs even more.. <_<

Oh I’m never ever leaving 11 holiday days for the end of the year. It’s a trainwreck anyway, so why waste previous days off on it? I’ll take actually holidays during the year in 2022, and I’ll have whatever number of days are left for the holidays.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yep, I’m getting a grocery delivery today as well. The way to know it’s 2022 is that everything costs even more.. <_<

Oh I’m never ever leaving 11 holiday days for the end of the year. It’s a trainwreck anyway, so why waste previous days off on it? I’ll take actually holidays during the year in 2022, and I’ll have whatever number of days are left for the holidays.

I have never tried to order groceries home. I went shopping and bought at least some supplies today.

I cannot choose when I have days off, as our days off depend on school holidays.

The first day back at work was a trainwreck already. I am already looking forward to the weekend. :P

On 1/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, Buckwheat said:

I have never tried to order groceries home. I went shopping and bought at least some supplies today.

I cannot choose when I have days off, as our days off depend on school holidays.

The first day back at work was a trainwreck already. I am already looking forward to the weekend. :P

Huh, why not? I find it really practical and not necessarily less reliable than shopping in person. Especially since covid. I do miss the time when you could still let the delivery person in and chat to them while you unpacked. 

Right :( but at least you know you’ll always get the school holidays off so maybe it’s easy to plan? 

sprry about that :( I can’t bring myself to do any work whatsoever. I suppose the lack of actual rest and relaxation during my holiday is biting me in the arse. I hate this job so much it kills my soul. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Huh, why not? I find it really practical and not necessarily less reliable than shopping in person. Especially since covid. I do miss the time when you could still let the delivery person in and chat to them while you unpacked. 

Right :( but at least you know you’ll always get the school holidays off so maybe it’s easy to plan? 

sprry about that :( I can’t bring myself to do any work whatsoever. I suppose the lack of actual rest and relaxation during my holiday is biting me in the arse. I hate this job so much it kills my soul. 

IDK, just never really thought of it as an option? Besides, at least it is something to get me out of the flat for now. :P

Maybe it is easy to plan, IDK. I am okay with the schedule anyway. Except right now that I am working whole days until the evening and still have so many things I don't even know where to start ... I had expected January would be easier. Yeah, right. <_<

I am sorry you hate your work ... I only hate some parts of mine, but a lot of it are nice things.

First week of the year over. I was pranked yesterday. A bunch of 15-year-olds thought it was funny that they taped a piece of paper over the lens of the projector in the classroom. At least it was harmless and not mean. Had another battle of wills with another student which was definitely more basd on mean provocation. At least it is Saturday now.