TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Covid cases are spreading rapidly through my workplace. The boss says we should all test ourselves regularly, so I just started my day by sticking a stick up my nose. Negative. Was in contact with a person who tested positive yesterday, though.

Very similar situation here. I’m sorry that you’re so exposed at work. Hope you can stay safe! How is your family and boyfriend? Hope they are all healthy too! 

I haven’t been to the office for two weeks. My mum seems to have not caught covid at her wellness trip. And by some miracle neither has sister contracted it anywhere she went. Though she hasn’t been particularly social during January. My cousin, uncle and aunt were all mildly ill though none of them got a PCR, and my grandma was also ill for a week and also refused to get “sticks shoved up her nose”. And now my dad also has a cold/runny nose/sinusitis and he did get a PCR today. If he tests positive then my bet is that they all had covid which either started at my cousin or my uncle who were unwell first. If he tests negative, I hope he appreciates his incredible luck and takes extra care for a couple more weeks. I just hope enough time passed since his booster that it’s working to fight of omicron if he has it. 

In other news, I have no news. I’m staying home mostly and reading and I’m really into Gobelin. Like a proper grandma. Oh well. My heartburn/reflux is still at it so I’m staying away from caffein, highly sugary things and liquor. Which is soooooooooo sad because I like all. Less sugar is definitely good for me but I’d not refuse a gin&tonic or a glass of wine and I really really really miss black tea and coffee… boohoo. 

Prince William has a little over a month before he turns 14. I hope he lives to celebrate it with a special pork dinner and an extra fine walk. 

Hi. Long weekend, yay! I needed that after last week. It was brutal at work, so many people were missing because of infections that the rest of us had to cover a lot more of their hours than would be possible long-term. Now we are off till Tuesday (which is a public holiday) and the rest of the week we'll be working remotely to try to stop the infections.

I have some sort of invasive insect infestation in the kitchen. I suppose I will have to call someone to ask if an extermination is necessary. There aren’t that many of them, especially now that I found the nest. I don’t want to pay for that and I don’t want to have people in the house to do it. I grew up in the country we never had exterminators, we just dealt with pests until they died/went away. 

Prince William died by the way, since my last post. Well, we had to have the vet put him down. May his beautiful spirit Rest In Peace. We miss him. A pet tomb stone is being made for him and we will bury part of his ashes in my mum’s garden. 

I’m also completely, entirely drained/run down/burnt out. I’ve been in a constant stress loop for two months or is that two years, who knows.  Anyway it’s taking a toll physically as well, at this point. I’m trying to step back and focus on putting myself back together. Not aggressively and quickly and for the purpose of further draining, as I usually do, but gently, slowly and aiming for sustainable, long term healthier habits and patterns. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Prince William died by the way, since my last post.

Sorry to hear that :(

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m trying to step back and focus on putting myself back together. Not aggressively and quickly and for the purpose of further draining, as I usually do, but gently, slowly and aiming for sustainable, long term healthier habits and patterns. 

Good!

I know @RhaenysBee is our local expert on furnishing and home decor and I am admittedly more of a "if it is at least somewhat functional, it's okay" type when it comes to decorating interiors, but I must declare that after a trip to Ikea with the gentleman, I am now a proud owner of a door mat and a shower curtain. Both bought out of necessity, as I didn't want to keep coming into the flat with wet shoes every time it rains, and didn't want to keep sprinkling water all over the bathroom when I shower. I feel so grown up now. :P

Good for you for having a useful - and fun, I hope - trip to ikea and procuring some home accessories! :cheers:

well… I haven’t posted in four days and in 2022 that means you have missed out on at least one crisis I have the joy to get through. In the current case, not one but two. 

Sister has covid and I’m currently headed to her studio apartment - aka to catch covid - because her electricity went out. Since even her heating is electricity powered, she is in the dark with a mobile at 1% and even her hair is wet because she recently showered. I truly cannot imagine a more unlikely event. Please once again root for me, because we need a very quick fix here, and also please root for my mental health, because I’m just not sure how long I can go on being slammed with a new crises/anxiety every 5 days. 

It was at least somewhat fun. The gentleman needed some shelves for his apartment, and looking at shelves did take quite a long time ... but otherwise, it was nice. :)

I am so sorry your life is currently full of crises! Best of luck to sister with her health - and to you, be sure that you both wear masks and air out the place! And I hope the electricity comes back soon ... uh. Keep us updated and stay safe. :grouphug: 

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It was at least somewhat fun. The gentleman needed some shelves for his apartment, and looking at shelves did take quite a long time ... but otherwise, it was nice. :)

I am so sorry your life is currently full of crises! Best of luck to sister with her health - and to you, be sure that you both wear masks and air out the place! And I hope the electricity comes back soon ... uh. Keep us updated and stay safe. :grouphug: 

Yep, I suppose going to IKEA is always a day trip, or a half day trip at least. Ah those were the days when I still went to ikea in person as a pastime. 

Thanks. Well I can’t say the place was aired out, but I did wear two masks, opened the door and she was in the other room, so maybe perhaps there’s a chance I didn’t catch it. The repairman was a godsend, I could have hugged him if it weren’t for covid and all. The fix was quick and not a rip-off for Sunday 8pm. I’m back home, the electricity is working. God I would love just one full week without a crisis. 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Yep, I suppose going to IKEA is always a day trip, or a half day trip at least. Ah those were the days when I still went to ikea in person as a pastime. 

Thanks. Well I can’t say the place was aired out, but I did wear two masks, opened the door and she was in the other room, so maybe perhaps there’s a chance I didn’t catch it. The repairman was a godsend, I could have hugged him if it weren’t for covid and all. The fix was quick and not a rip-off for Sunday 8pm. I’m back home, the electricity is working. God I would love just one full week without a crisis. 

A day or even half a day in a store? *shudder* Are you trying to torture me? :o 

Yay for working through the electricity crisis this time.

I let some of my students watch the Olympic skijumping for a part of the class today. I hope I earned some cool points with that. :P

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A day or even half a day in a store? *shudder* Are you trying to torture me? :o 

Yay for working through the electricity crisis this time.

I let some of my students watch the Olympic skijumping for a part of the class today. I hope I earned some cool points with that. :P

:lol: Ah my bad. Back in the day when there was no covid and I was still at uni, we always went to ikea some time in the morning and had swedish meatballs in the cafeteria and then went over to the mall across. Or vice versa. It was usually a 4-6 hour browsing trip, and very often we barely bought anything. 

Yeah… counting the days till the next crisis… which my mum says I shouldn’t because that’s how you attract them.

If they are interested in ski jumping I’m sure you did. Or even if they aren’t because not-having-to-study is always better than having-to-study. 

On 2/15/2022 at 8:49 AM, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: Ah my bad. Back in the day when there was no covid and I was still at uni, we always went to ikea some time in the morning and had swedish meatballs in the cafeteria and then went over to the mall across. Or vice versa. It was usually a 4-6 hour browsing trip, and very often we barely bought anything. 

Yeah… counting the days till the next crisis… which my mum says I shouldn’t because that’s how you attract them.

If they are interested in ski jumping I’m sure you did. Or even if they aren’t because not-having-to-study is always better than having-to-study. 

I had these meatballs. They didn't live up to the hype. Maybe they were a bit stale, as it was quite late in the day and they seemed to have been standing there for a while, as well as the mashed potatoes. I definitely don't want to spend several hours in a store, especially when I am not looking for something specific.

5 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hey gang, shitty news this morning and thought I'd swing by and say hi.

And I hope you're all safe and well.

:grouphug:

Well well well, what brings you here. Welcome back.

Bad news is an understatement.

I hope you are all well too. I still have one more day of work and then I have one week kind of "off". Will still probably have to prepare stuff for classes and all, but at least I will have more free time.

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hey gang, shitty news this morning and thought I'd swing by and say hi.

And I hope you're all safe and well.

:grouphug:

Less well, since you showed up.

:P 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well well well, what brings you here. Welcome back.

Bad news is an understatement.

I hope you are all well too. I still have one more day of work and then I have one week kind of "off". Will still probably have to prepare stuff for classes and all, but at least I will have more free time.

I've been thinking of you and Rhaenys in particular lately, I can imagine its very tense where you are right now :( 

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I've been thinking of you and Rhaenys in particular lately, I can imagine its very tense where you are right now :( 

I can confirm it is. There’s some sort of emergency group at my job working on emergency scenarios, because there’s fear circulating in the company that the industry may be a target if the war spirals over. A colleague told us this morning that his kid woke up in the night because he was scared and felt unsafe. Everything feels fragile. Acquaintances said goodbye to their friends who were called in the Ukrainian army. Aid groups are going to the border to admit refugees, to put up telco network for Ukraine. Yeah. It’s not good. And I can’t imagine how bad it is in Ukraine. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. 

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I am not that close to the Ukraine, but still ... too close not to be feeling uncomfortable. It is scary.

Poor people in the Ukraine.

• 3 weeks later...