TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

When does your school year end?

On the 24th, so four weeks more. A part of that is going to be sitting at the final exams for the 4th years. For example this Saturday. And I did it last Saturday too. Such fun.

also, did you have a mini November over the weekend too? We had 3 days of 15C and it was kinda weird squeezed between 28-30C weeks.

Yup, it got suddenly quite cold over the weekend. The past two days we had very changing weather, some sun and some rain showers. But it is getting warmer again. At least it is good because it made the workplace more tolerable for at least a few days or a week more. By the end of the month, it is going to be very hot in the building.

I officially have a staycation booked for summer! :commie:

Yay!

There’s also an upcoming two-day team building which has been giving me anxiety for weeks. Not one cell in my body is looking forward to spending 48 hours with my colleagues and sleep in a vacation house with them. 

To counterbalance this level of antisocial introversion, I had a nice chatty lunch with some girl friends over the weekend, which was amazing and we are fixing a uni friend group reunion for the summer as well. Quite hyped about that one because I haven’t seen half these friends since before covid.  

Hm. Is the team building at least in a nice environment?

• 3 weeks later...

*wind blows empty plastic bag across the street* 

June passed by without my noticing and having any sense of time. So passes life by too. Nah, I’m getting out of the stress frenzy of the past couple weeks. But yeah, it will take at least another week to feel human again. 

how is everyone? Or anyone who might still be around here :uhoh: 

June hasn't passed yet! As far as I can see, I still have some stuff to do till the end of the month. ;) But the vacation is quickly coming closer, only a lot of it will be working vacation.

I don't have a feeling there are many people still here. :uhoh: Hi Rhae!

On 6/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, Buckwheat said:

June hasn't passed yet! As far as I can see, I still have some stuff to do till the end of the month. ;) But the vacation is quickly coming closer, only a lot of it will be working vacation.

I don't have a feeling there are many people still here. :uhoh: Hi Rhae!

True, true. I’m sure June is not done with unpleasant surprises. Glad to hear your vacation approaches though. Have a lovely time with as little work as possible! 

23 hours ago, felice said:

I'm fine. Not doing much; work is not at all busy, and I'm not leaving the house more than I have to.

oh that sounds good, summer shouldn’t be a busy time. How come you aren’t going anywhere? Is it a preference or some circumstance? 

Well my exhaustion and emotional burnout are a lot better than it was yesterday, so I suppose there’s hope for me yet. Today was a good workday and a good food day. 

I signed the final grade reports today! :o Fancy that! So tomorrow there is a class trip (we are going to a nearby river where it is apparently nice to bathe and do other relaxing outdoorsy stuff) and on Friday the kids get the reports and are finished with school (most of them at least, except the few who got themselves into correction exams, or however you call these exams in English).

I am going to spend the weekend at seaside with the gentleman, which I am also looking forward to.

And contrary fo Felice, I try to not spend too much time at home because I have so many things I want to do elsewhere at the moment, and also because home is small and hot and not all that interesting when you are in a tiny studio. I do like my tiny studio, of course, except I hate the ants that seem to think they have more right to my food than I do.

49 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

oh that sounds good, summer shouldn’t be a busy time. How come you aren’t going anywhere? Is it a preference or some circumstance? 

It's winter down here, though, and the work situation isn't ideal for my bank account - though it is otherwise pleasant! The pandemic is still a good reason for not going out (and it's still relatively novel to have it freely circulating in the population here), with waning vaccination effectiveness, new variants developing, and a lot of unknowns with respect to long covid.

49 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well my exhaustion and emotional burnout are a lot better than it was yesterday, so I suppose there’s hope for me yet. Today was a good workday and a good food day. 

Good!

On 6/22/2022 at 10:21 PM, felice said:

It's winter down here, though, and the work situation isn't ideal for my bank account - though it is otherwise pleasant! The pandemic is still a good reason for not going out (and it's still relatively novel to have it freely circulating in the population here), with waning vaccination effectiveness, new variants developing, and a lot of unknowns with respect to long covid.

Good!

Ooooo fair enough. Sorry, I’m terrible at remembering where board members are from :( here the pandemic is old news, nobody cares anymore and luckily the stats also don’t indicate that we should. Well it’s certainly a good thing that you are keeping safe. Any indoor activities you’ve been enjoying? 

On 6/22/2022 at 10:12 PM, Buckwheat said:

I signed the final grade reports today! :o Fancy that! So tomorrow there is a class trip (we are going to a nearby river where it is apparently nice to bathe and do other relaxing outdoorsy stuff) and on Friday the kids get the reports and are finished with school (most of them at least, except the few who got themselves into correction exams, or however you call these exams in English).

I am going to spend the weekend at seaside with the gentleman, which I am also looking forward to.

And contrary fo Felice, I try to not spend too much time at home because I have so many things I want to do elsewhere at the moment, and also because home is small and hot and not all that interesting when you are in a tiny studio. I do like my tiny studio, of course, except I hate the ants that seem to think they have more right to my food than I do.

Ah the end of the school year is the sweetest time of the whole year. Hope you have a great trip! 

awww that’s really romantic! Enjoy the dreamy seaside date! 

ehh. My flat is not tiny, but it’s 25C inside now, because, well, the building just won’t cool down when the minimum night temp is 20C. I guess I can’t keep postponing to spend hundreds of thousands on fixing the AC…

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:26 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Ooooo fair enough. Sorry, I’m terrible at remembering where board members are from :( here the pandemic is old news, nobody cares anymore and luckily the stats also don’t indicate that we should. Well it’s certainly a good thing that you are keeping safe. Any indoor activities you’ve been enjoying? 

Ah the end of the school year is the sweetest time of the whole year. Hope you have a great trip! 

awww that’s really romantic! Enjoy the dreamy seaside date! 

ehh. My flat is not tiny, but it’s 25C inside now, because, well, the building just won’t cool down when the minimum night temp is 20C. I guess I can’t keep postponing to spend hundreds of thousands on fixing the AC…

Hey Rhae,

Same here not much in terms of the pandemic but a lot of local coverage on monkeypox :uhoh:

Hope you can stay cool with that temperature. Not a fan of the heat personally. Good luck on the complex AC :thumbsup:

Hope you all are good, always feels nostalgic to check on the forum. Just noticed the membership count is under 200,000. Felt like so much more when I was younger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 4:15 PM, Tellus Explorer said:

Hey Rhae,

Same here not much in terms of the pandemic but a lot of local coverage on monkeypox :uhoh:

Hope you can stay cool with that temperature. Not a fan of the heat personally. Good luck on the complex AC :thumbsup:

Hope you all are good, always feels nostalgic to check on the forum. Just noticed the membership count is under 200,000. Felt like so much more when I was younger.

Hiiiiii! Nice to see you around here! How has life been treating you? how is your Summer going? 

Virtually no coverage on either here, public places even removed hand sanitizer machines. Which is ironic because cases and sewer samples are very much on the rise and a lot of people have covid again. Oh well. we are too wrapped up in the economic crisis to care. 

yeah, we have had another heatwave since. Can’t wait to get a new AC. 

I've been stuck in a terrible city for the past two weeks. I am finally leaving tomorrow and am meeting the gentleman on the way and we are going to have a few days' holiday together! I am really looking forward to that. But mostly leaving the shithole of a city, tbh. :P

It has been extremely hot here too. Today it is slightly cooler. Of course there isn't air conditioning in the flat. There is one in the library though. I think this is on purpose to make you stay in the library and study more.

There is more covid everywhere again, but mostly I have been following the news (which I am not known to follow very regularly or carefully in any way) on the wildfire in Slovenia. Terrible thing.

I miss a more active TTTNE.

Aw that sounds nice! Have a lovely lovely holiday! And glad to hear you’re leaving the shithole city. 

Weather got a little better here, which is some improvement because you are able to cool it back down to 25C overnight. Much better than sleeping in 28C. What are you working on in the library these days? Oh and how’s your PhD coming along? 

tons of covid everywhere indeed. Couple family members already had it twice. I’m shocked that I still haven’t had a second round of it. But it’d be great to avoid it throughout the remainder of summer because I have already been ill twice and cancelled too many plans. 

the wildfires everywhere is frightening. Really sorry about Slovenia. I suppose the world will really burn to ashes both figuratively and literally in our lifetime….

The holiday is being lovely, I almost forgot about the shithole city already. But it is also exhausting, as we walk around a lot. Tomorrow will be an exhausting day mostly spent on trains home.

PhD ... is going ... somewhere. I was in the shithole city just because of it. I did some work. Now I have a few days' rest.

Did you plan any holiday trips this summer?

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The holiday is being lovely, I almost forgot about the shithole city already. But it is also exhausting, as we walk around a lot. Tomorrow will be an exhausting day mostly spent on trains home.

PhD ... is going ... somewhere. I was in the shithole city just because of it. I did some work. Now I have a few days' rest.

Did you plan any holiday trips this summer?

That’s really nice though, the perfect kind of tiredness. Hope you get to rest your legs a little on the train ride home.

Ah right, that makes sense. I remember you had been to the shithole city before my brain just never connected it to the PhD. 

Only lakeside staycations. It’s just way too hot and way too expensive to go on a two-week seaside holiday. There’s also the funny thing of a euro costing 400 huf now. You know, funny in the sense that we cry, drink and joke about it all at the same time. 

I do want to go on a weekend trip for my birthday in December though, and sister has vague plans for a Prague or Krakow weekend some time during the autumn. 

You have anything special lined up for the rest of the summer? 

On 7/31/2022 at 11:31 AM, RhaenysBee said:

That’s really nice though, the perfect kind of tiredness. Hope you get to rest your legs a little on the train ride home.

Ah right, that makes sense. I remember you had been to the shithole city before my brain just never connected it to the PhD. 

Only lakeside staycations. It’s just way too hot and way too expensive to go on a two-week seaside holiday. There’s also the funny thing of a euro costing 400 huf now. You know, funny in the sense that we cry, drink and joke about it all at the same time. 

I do want to go on a weekend trip for my birthday in December though, and sister has vague plans for a Prague or Krakow weekend some time during the autumn. 

You have anything special lined up for the rest of the summer? 

I came home on Sunday evening after a very eventful series of train rides. I have had time to rest. Now I came to check on my tiny apartment close to my work (I stayed at my parents' place yesterday). The ants sure made themselves comfortable in my absence.

A lakeside vacation sounds nice. I have decided to go to the seaside for a few short days on Thursday to make the most use of the rest of the summer.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:10 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I just booked a trip to Vienna end of November/beginning of December which naturally brought me to TTTNE. How are you all?

Booking a trip to Vienna is always a smart decision. I approve. I haven't been there since before covid, I do want to visit again.

There is a lot happening to me. How are you?

On 6/23/2022 at 6:21 AM, felice said:

Good!

Same here is Australia. Currently I am visiting Vic from my home in NSW (which I rarely leave) and am aware of all the risks I am running. The fact that hardly anyone wears a mask means that I keep forgetting too! And the medical experts here and elsewhere saying just vaccination isn't enough. Then there's dismal weather with rain rain rain probably due to climate change... I feel like my house in the blue mountains is sinking in the mud (its not literally as yet...) I must say there has been a bit of sun the last two days and my mood went up straight away, so I can understand northern hemisphere cheer!

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, the maid of woodlynne said:

Greetings, Spamlings! Just dropping by to say hi and hope to see some of you in Chicago. \m/ —maid 

Hello! Not doing any international travel or large events at the moment, sorry. :(

On 8/18/2022 at 1:08 AM, the maid of woodlynne said:

Greetings, Spamlings! Just dropping by to say hi and hope to see some of you in Chicago. \m/ —maid 

Hello! I don't know what is going on in Chicago and when, but I wish you a good time there.