TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 9/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, RhaenysBee said:

:eek: that sounds like a nightmare to keep track of! when I used to be at school the most complicated schedule we had was weeks A and B. So how is this working for you? Like how long does it take to get used to? Is it more difficult to schedule other plans around work this way? Do you prefer the four versions to only one (potentially shitty) schedule? Sorry, I’m genuinely curious, never heard of such a complicated system before! 

It honestly is a nightmare to keep track of ... which is why nobody does. We just check the schedule again and again all the time. I don't particularly like it, or maybe I haven't got used to it enough yet. Some of my coworkers love this system because they say one schedule might be shitty, but then the next week's schedule is better ... the sad irony is, out of the four schedules I have this year, three are complete shit. Additionally, I don't have a permanent classroom and I have to check every time in which classroom my next class is and walk up and down the stairs all the time (our office is on the third floor, and I have some of my classes up there ... but the majority on the ground floor).

On 9/21/2022 at 4:44 AM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Texas was brutal this summer and I've spent very little time outdoors, which makes me sad.  My back yard has turned into a jungle in desperate need of help.

Hello, Lany! It is great that you stopped by.

I fail to see what is wrong with a jungle. ;) More oxygen for everybody, right?

On 9/21/2022 at 4:44 AM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Alex moved down here with me in March, and he's been nothing but a bum ever since. I've had to be mean mom and tell him he has to get a job or move in with his father (not an option either of them want)

The only thing I really like about Texas is spending time with my family.  The grandkids usually come over twice a month, and seeing my daughter nearly every week. Only see the older son every couple of months because he's a long haul trucker, but I love when he's here.

This sounds nice, I hope your older son can visit you soon again.

"My" students were on a hike last week and three of them thought of me and brought me a rock back from the mountains. So lovely of them.

I'm new here. My name is 'losers reject' because literally during high school that's what I was. In life, I am as much a loser as always. I was not at all popular ever or even with one friend. (I've had a total of maybe five friends in my entire life). I am without any currently. But to say what I mean to say, the losers of my high school didn't even know who I was. I remember mildly going from one lunch table to some other with other people the next day or semester.

Greetings all from sunny Croatia! We have been very lucky with our holiday and only had one brief rainy morning and the rest has been a week of glorious late season warmth and sun.

It's been such a fabulous week, we toured the old town of Dubrovnik (yes, we saw the Game of Thrones filming locations though we didn't do the dedicated tour), I walked the city walls (Le Beau said her legs are made for sitting, not climbing) and made a friend from the Philippines. We went up a cable car and had some boogie drinks while watching the sunset, explored Lokrum.

We've also been to Montenegro and explored Kotor, again climbed the old walls, went to Perast and saw Our Lady of the Rocks. 

Went to Bosnia and Herzegovina today and had a lovely day in Mostar sipping Turkish coffee and doing some serious wine tasting.

Tomorrow is our last day so after so much packed in I think we will take it easy with a light stroll and some relaxing, maybe a spa treatment at the hotel. It's been the best time and all the better because I've not been abroad in so long.

Hope you are all well!

Read back a little:

Lany, lovely to hear from you and sorry the workload is unbalanced and the son is being a bum. I'm sure you can get him into shape though. Glad you get to see the rest of your family more!

Rhae, Buck, winter is apparently encroaching in the UK from what my friends told me while I have been away. It was getting there when I left too which is sad. I live in a nice flat now though so it shouldn't be so bad as it's less drafty. Those energy bills though...

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Greetings all from sunny Croatia! We have been very lucky with our holiday and only had one brief rainy morning and the rest has been a week of glorious late season warmth and sun.

It's been such a fabulous week, we toured the old town of Dubrovnik (yes, we saw the Game of Thrones filming locations though we didn't do the dedicated tour), I walked the city walls (Le Beau said her legs are made for sitting, not climbing) and made a friend from the Philippines. We went up a cable car and had some boogie drinks while watching the sunset, explored Lokrum.

We've also been to Montenegro and explored Kotor, again climbed the old walls, went to Perast and saw Our Lady of the Rocks. 

Went to Bosnia and Herzegovina today and had a lovely day in Mostar sipping Turkish coffee and doing some serious wine tasting.

Tomorrow is our last day so after so much packed in I think we will take it easy with a light stroll and some relaxing, maybe a spa treatment at the hotel. It's been the best time and all the better because I've not been abroad in so long.

*waves from across the border*

You are so close, you should have come just a little bit further up north to visit. ;)

I am glad you are having a good time on your holiday. I visited Dubrovnik once with my family just before it became popular because of a certain TV series. I was packed with tourists even back then, but that was in the middle of July. I imagine now in September, there would not be that many people, but still warm enough to enjoy the Mediterranean.

Is it still warm enough to swim in the sea these days?

57 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Rhae, Buck, winter is apparently encroaching in the UK from what my friends told me while I have been away. It was getting there when I left too which is sad. I live in a nice flat now though so it shouldn't be so bad as it's less drafty. Those energy bills though...

I fear about the energy bills in the coming months too. My landlord already raised the rent last month :eyeroll: and I am slowly getting sick of this place. Do you live alone or with roommates or with your better half now?

Anyway, it is wonderful to see you in this part of the board. :) 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*waves from across the border*

You are so close, you should have come just a little bit further up north to visit. ;)

I am glad you are having a good time on your holiday. I visited Dubrovnik once with my family just before it became popular because of a certain TV series. I was packed with tourists even back then, but that was in the middle of July. I imagine now in September, there would not be that many people, but still warm enough to enjoy the Mediterranean.

Is it still warm enough to swim in the sea these days?

I fear about the energy bills in the coming months too. My landlord already raised the rent last month :eyeroll: and I am slowly getting sick of this place. Do you live alone or with roommates or with your better half now?

Anyway, it is wonderful to see you in this part of the board. :) 

I was very tempted to IM you actually...but then I wondered if it was weird. Dubrovnik is beautiful and yes warm enough to swim right now. As I said we had a lot of luck and hit a sunny spell after a fair amount of rain. We were actually forecast thunderstorms all week but only had one on Monday which was great.

I live alone but in a bigger flat than before (2 bed 2 bath)as I have guests quite often. And my partner stops over too but we live apart. It's good though as I use the spare room for an office when I work from home.

Where/how are you living these days?

Eta: also have you visited the former Yugoslavia countries? We learned a lot just on our day trips it was fascinating. And Montenegro was beautiful absolutely stunning 

Edited by HelenaExMachina

On 9/27/2022 at 8:49 PM, Buckwheat said:

It honestly is a nightmare to keep track of ... which is why nobody does. We just check the schedule again and again all the time. I don't particularly like it, or maybe I haven't got used to it enough yet. Some of my coworkers love this system because they say one schedule might be shitty, but then the next week's schedule is better ... the sad irony is, out of the four schedules I have this year, three are complete shit. Additionally, I don't have a permanent classroom and I have to check every time in which classroom my next class is and walk up and down the stairs all the time (our office is on the third floor, and I have some of my classes up there ... but the majority on the ground floor).

That doesnt sound like fun :( sorry about the shitty schedule and the lack of classroom. Kinda sounds like those office days when you end up spending the day in 6 different meeting rooms all over the office block so your work station is just coat and bag storage.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:49 PM, Buckwheat said:

"My" students were on a hike last week and three of them thought of me and brought me a rock back from the mountains. So lovely of them.

Aw. This is so sweet! 

On 10/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Hope you are all well!

This sounds like an amazing holiday!!! so glad you’re enjoying the Balkan. I’ve only visited Croatia from the locations you mention, but Montenegro is in my top 3 destinations for next year, all the friends who’ve been there already loved it. hope you had a nice relaxed last day and safe travels home! 

On 10/4/2022 at 8:47 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

We seem to be looking at a sweet, sunny and mellow weekend, probably the last one this year. I guess everybody will try to make the most of the weather and do something nice outdoors. Congrats on the new place! :cheers: how long have you been living there? And yeah, energy bills are a whole thing… 

On 10/5/2022 at 12:16 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

live alone but in a bigger flat than before (2 bed 2 bath)as I have guests quite often. And my partner stops over too but we live apart. It's good though as I use the spare room for an office when I work from home.

Sounds like a really nice and practical flat! do you still work in law? 

17 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Been reading back a bit, nice to hear some updates from everyone :) I'm doing well, I heard this week that I passed my thesis, so I'm going to officially graduate with a Bachelor's degree in a few weeks. Time to find a job :lol: 

Congratulations! :cheers: yay for you, it’s a big milestone. Well time to celebrate first! the job hunt can sure wait a week or two :D 

and lovely to see people in this thread, so nice to hear from you guys! :wub: 

I was very tempted to IM you actually...but then I wondered if it was weird.

Definitelx not! ;)

Anyway, great to hear you had a good trip and luck with the weather. I also hope you managed to spend all the kuna you had, as Croatians are apparently going to accept the euro soon, so you probably won't get an oportunity to use whatever you have left. :P

I live alone but in a bigger flat than before (2 bed 2 bath)as I have guests quite often. And my partner stops over too but we live apart. It's good though as I use the spare room for an office when I work from home.

Where/how are you living these days?

This sounds like a great living situation for you. I am renting a teeny tiny studio flat close to where I live (it is not very nice either). But I mostly spend only the working week there, as I am usually with the boyfriend or at my parents' during the weekend. I want to move for a few reasons, but I just don't know what option would be the best right now.

Eta: also have you visited the former Yugoslavia countries? We learned a lot just on our day trips it was fascinating. And Montenegro was beautiful absolutely stunning 

I only visited a few (or, quite many actually) places in Croatia out of the former Yugo republics. We drove through a narrow strip of Bosnia on the way to Dubrovnik, but that doesn't really count. Maybe I should visit other countries as well.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:26 PM, First of My Name said:

Been reading back a bit, nice to hear some updates from everyone :) I'm doing well, I heard this week that I passed my thesis, so I'm going to officially graduate with a Bachelor's degree in a few weeks. Time to find a job 

Congratulations on graduating! :commie:

...sniff...sniff that's right...i am alive

On 9/20/2022 at 10:44 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Hey all!  Just thought I'd do a drive-by of the old neighborhood.

Texas was brutal this summer and I've spent very little time outdoors, which makes me sad.  My back yard has turned into a jungle in desperate need of help.

Work is beyond boring, with little to do, but should pick up in a couple of months. In fact, it might go from 0-60 overnight.

Still have issues finding a good doctor. *sigh*

Alex moved down here with me in March, and he's been nothing but a bum ever since. I've had to be mean mom and tell him he has to get a job or move in with his father (not an option either of them want)

The only thing I really like about Texas is spending time with my family.  The grandkids usually come over twice a month, and seeing my daughter nearly every week. Only see the older son every couple of months because he's a long haul trucker, but I love when he's here.

hey my dearest Lany...you ain't the only one with a little one who grew up talked shit about being an adult and then came running home when life got real...Princess showed up at the end of may to eat my food, use my utilities, and beg for gas money to go out and party...luckily i got She who must be Obeyed to ride that ass til she complied...she now has a job coaching soccer and of course she has to deliver for SwmbO on the crappy routes no one else wants to do... :eek:

...who knew making her bed would turn out to be the struggle to end all struggles...:lmao:

...to the rest of my spamily i am happy to read about your lively happenings since i fell off the wagon...right before it ran me over...

special shout out to FOMN congrats my friend, we knew you could do it and yes...now it is time to put that education to work :cheers:

:smoking:

:ninja:

Hey gang! Did a bit of reading up on the new show ( I haven't watched any) and thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I visited Dubrovnik a few years ago during a heatwave, and christ it was hot, but coastal so not too bad. Then we visited Kotor and it was like stepping into an oven.

Look at the tttne reunion unfolding here :lol: 

@rocksniffer @The BlackBear lovely to hear from you both! Hope that life’s been treating you well and you are doing fine in this shitshow 2022 is :D 

I did eventually check out the new show with very low expectations. It’s not going to change your life but it’s a decent enough show. Tends to perform better than anticipated and is seem to be winning the competition with Rings of Power. 

36 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Look at the tttne reunion unfolding here :lol: 

@rocksniffer @The BlackBear lovely to hear from you both! Hope that life’s been treating you well and you are doing fine in this shitshow 2022 is :D 

I did eventually check out the new show with very low expectations. It’s not going to change your life but it’s a decent enough show. Tends to perform better than anticipated and is seem to be winning the competition with Rings of Power. 

Man am I tired of living in interesting times. I'm doing alright, doing all the healthy things, but it's more or less a day to day vibe rn :mellow:

I might pirate it, not going to pay for yet another streaming service. I just can't get over how bad everyone seems to look with those wigs.

RoP is not great, but I'll probably stick with it, if only stubbornness sake.

Hello spammers. Hope you're all doing well. The Dragon Show™ has pulled me back to the board to (mostly) lurk in threads. 

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Man am I tired of living in interesting times.

Ain't that the truth. 

Sorry to hear that Bucky. I hope your symptoms stay mild and you recover quickly. 

I got sick for the first time since all this kicked off a few weeks ago myself. Wasn't covid in my case thankfully. First time I ventured into a big crowd with no mask on and bam, infected. I'm never taking my mask off in public again. 

52 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Sorry to hear that Bucky. I hope your symptoms stay mild and you recover quickly. 

I got sick for the first time since all this kicked off a few weeks ago myself. Wasn't covid in my case thankfully. First time I ventured into a big crowd with no mask on and bam, infected. I'm never taking my mask off in public again. 

Thank you. It hasn't been bad until now, but it is only the first day. I don't know how this thing will develop for me.

I trust you are better after your sickness by now?

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Man am I tired of living in interesting times. I'm doing alright, doing all the healthy things, but it's more or less a day to day vibe rn :mellow:

I might pirate it, not going to pay for yet another streaming service. I just can't get over how bad everyone seems to look with those wigs.

RoP is not great, but I'll probably stick with it, if only stubbornness sake.

Oh yeah… that time I had thought as kid that m it would be fun to see history in the making… dumbest idea ever. 

They’re awful, no exception. 

I skipped the show itself, because none of the promo material looked like something I want to pay Amazon for. I loosely follow the reception and the drama though.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Soooooo ... the plague finally caught up with me too. I had the test done today and ... well, it is the first day of my isolation. I have to stay home for at least a week, then I can have another test done.

Ah I’m so sorry! Most acquaintances who’ve had it recently said it ran its course in a couple days, hope you get through it quickly and easily too. Lots of water, lots of sleep. Feel better soon! :cheers: 

2 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Hello spammers. Hope you're all doing well. The Dragon Show™ has pulled me back to the board to (mostly) lurk in threads. 

Ain't that the truth. 

Hi there! How are you doing? And how do you like the dragon show?