TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow. I think you are required to isolate for 5 days here or fewer if you have a negative test in the meanwhile. But it really doesn’t matter because people just go to events and work while absolutely sick like it’s 2019. Sorry about the lingering symptoms, I’m sure it’ll clear up soon. 

I have next week off too, though schools don’t have an autumn holiday because it’s been attached to the winter one (making it 3 weeks long) - somehow this is more economical for institutions. :dunno: 

what do you plan for your week off?

Here it is 7 days, provided you test negative after 7. If you still test positive after 7 days (which most people do, including me), you need to stay for 3 additional days.

They messed with this year's school holidays here too, but the one in February. They made it much earlier in this school year, which is ridiculous.

We are going to visit relatives for two days, I have a doctoral candidates' session on Wednesday, and the rest of the days I want to spend mostly with the gentleman. What are you going to do?

36 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Here it is 7 days, provided you test negative after 7. If you still test positive after 7 days (which most people do, including me), you need to stay for 3 additional days.

They messed with this year's school holidays here too, but the one in February. They made it much earlier in this school year, which is ridiculous.

We are going to visit relatives for two days, I have a doctoral candidates' session on Wednesday, and the rest of the days I want to spend mostly with the gentleman. What are you going to do?

Huh, I see. Well I guess that makes sense though one can still test positive and not be contagious anymore. I tested positive for a month after I had covid. But that was a very different covid from the one that’s going around these days. 

yeah, doesn’t make a lot of sense, moving around the holidays and all. I don’t see why the kids can’t go online for two or three colder months, they spent full school years that way… 

that sounds lovely! Have a great week! I had a rather empty and chill day today. Tomorrow will be the same, I want to see a Lego lion installation they did in the city which could be a nice walk with a hot chocolate if it’s not raining. Then visiting family for a couple days, then wedding preparations on Friday, friend’s wedding on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think I pulled my shoulder last night. I guess this happens when you haven’t done any  bodily movement in months, decide to stretch yoga the shit out of your aching muscles and are nearing 30. 

Oh no! I certainly don't enjoy the aches and strains that seem to pop out of nowhere. If I'm going to be in pain I'd at least like to know how I did it.

The UK currently says you can go to work if you feel able to, even if you test positive. It's lunacy.

Getting my 4th jab on Thursday, so hopefully that won't mess me up too much.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:11 PM, RhaenysBee said:

yeah, doesn’t make a lot of sense, moving around the holidays and all. I don’t see why the kids can’t go online for two or three colder months, they spent full school years that way…  

Oh, there are plenty of reasons why online school is a terrible idea. Covid taught us that. Don't give people ideas.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think I pulled my shoulder last night. I guess this happens when you haven’t done any  bodily movement in months, decide to stretch yoga the shit out of your aching muscles and are nearing 30. 

Yikes. Be careful and rest.

8 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

The UK currently says you can go to work if you feel able to, even if you test positive. It's lunacy.

So they are pretending there is no covid anywhere anymore?

Good luck with the vaccination.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:04 PM, The BlackBear said:

Oh no! I certainly don't enjoy the aches and strains that seem to pop out of nowhere. If I'm going to be in pain I'd at least like to know how I did it.

It’s actually a lot better now, or I’m just distracted because I got ill. I have 48 hours to get well for a wedding on Saturday. Timing is just chefs kiss…..

good luck with the jab! We completely abandoned those as well. Might try to persuade my mum to get one, I’m sure everybody else is hopeless. 

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, there are plenty of reasons why online school is a terrible idea. Covid taught us that. Don't give people ideas.

Yikes. Be careful and rest.

So they are pretending there is no covid anywhere anymore?

Good luck with the vaccination.

I mean… is it better to sit in 18C in coats with exhausted kids who haven’t had more than a weekend off since summer?  Besides, what about the digital age? :/ then again I’m not a teacher so who knows. 

yeah not much of a choice at this point because I caught whatever the chocolate workshop lady had on Saturday. (Not covid if two negative lateral flow tests can be trusted) At least another person from the bachelorette crew is ill too, fingers crossed this thing passes through us quickly. I just love when people go to work while ill. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 11/2/2022 at 5:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

It’s actually a lot better now, or I’m just distracted because I got ill. I have 48 hours to get well for a wedding on Saturday. Timing is just chefs kiss…..

I hope you are better by now and will be in perfect health tomorrow. I don't know what the weather is like in your town, but if anybody is getting married today here, they are having a rainy wedding.

On 11/2/2022 at 5:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I mean… is it better to sit in 18C in coats with exhausted kids who haven’t had more than a weekend off since summer?  Besides, what about the digital age? :/ then again I’m not a teacher so who knows.

No idea about 18 C, but online classes are ... not a good idea. If they are so exhausted, then they should better have a week or two completely off (online school is such a weird thing, it is not completely free time, but also not "serious school") and then come back to actual school.

I have until Sunday off ... kind of. Still have a bunch of work to be done for work, even if it is technically free time. And additional projects, because I cannot seem to be able to say no to anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 8:58 AM, Buckwheat said:

hope you are better by now and will be in perfect health tomorrow. I don't know what the weather is like in your town, but if anybody is getting married today here, they are having a rainy wedding.

I was actually okay for the wedding, a bit more tired but that’s all. The weather was nasty but it was an indoor event luckily. They had a hot chocolate and mulled wine stand for arriving guests. That was a nice touch :D 

On 11/4/2022 at 8:58 AM, Buckwheat said:

No idea about 18 C, but online classes are ... not a good idea. If they are so exhausted, then they should better have a week or two completely off (online school is such a weird thing, it is not completely free time, but also not "serious school") and then come back to actual school.

I have until Sunday off ... kind of. Still have a bunch of work to be done for work, even if it is technically free time. And additional projects, because I cannot seem to be able to say no to anything.

Yeah they absolutely should. This weird moving around the holidays we have here sounds pretty unreasonable to me. There’s a good reason autumn and Easter holidays exist, students need that break in the middle of the term. 

Hope you were able to make some progress on your project and had a nice, not too busy week and lovely weekend. 

I visited my mum to make up for cancelling our plans when I was ill the week before. We had a beautiful autumn day in an arboretum and had a belát és St Martin’s Day lunch yesterday, then some dog walking today morning before I returned to my cold and hot-waterless abode in the city.

On 11/13/2022 at 7:40 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I was actually okay for the wedding, a bit more tired but that’s all. The weather was nasty but it was an indoor event luckily. They had a hot chocolate and mulled wine stand for arriving guests. That was a nice touch :D 

Hot chocolate and mulled wine sound great. :D I am glad you had a good time.

Yeah they absolutely should. This weird moving around the holidays we have here sounds pretty unreasonable to me. There’s a good reason autumn and Easter holidays exist, students need that break in the middle of the term.

We don't have Easter holidays, just Easter Monday off. But there are usually between 6 and 9 days off at the end of April/beginning of May (depending on how the public holidays fall).

Hope you were able to make some progress on your project and had a nice, not too busy week and lovely weekend.

I was! Now ... other people involved ... not hearing from them ... grumble grumble. It was a nice week all together. Now I am very much back at home again.

I visited my mum to make up for cancelling our plans when I was ill the week before. We had a beautiful autumn day in an arboretum and had a belát és St Martin’s Day lunch yesterday, then some dog walking today morning before I returned to my cold and hot-waterless abode in the city.

Belat es? Is that food or something?

Slovene people generally celebrate St. Martin's Day by ... you guessed it, getting drunk. Also eating a goose, I suppose, but mostly getting drunk.

Just one day and then it's weekend! :commie: I am going to be left with two classes' worth of tests to grade, though.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

We don't have Easter holidays, just Easter Monday off. But there are usually between 6 and 9 days off at the end of April/beginning of May (depending on how the public holidays fall).

Oh how interesting! Your spring holidays are linked to the public holidays and not Easter then? We usually get them with Easter, which is Good Friday and Easter Monday off, plus an extra two or three days for schools. 

was! Now ... other people involved ... not hearing from them ... grumble grumble. It was a nice week all together. Now I am very much back at home again.

Uhh always annoying. But yay for the nice and productive week! 

Belat es? Is that food or something?

Slovene people generally celebrate St. Martin's Day by ... you guessed it, getting drunk. Also eating a goose, I suppose, but mostly getting drunk.

:lmao: no, sorry, that’s “belated” x Autocorrect which switched back to Hungarian. (Belát means see or admit and és means and. Fun fact.) No getting drunk, yes goose meals. 

I am going to be left with two classes' worth of tests to grade, though.

Oh that doesn’t sound fun. Hope you get through them quickly and enjoy the weekend too! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Oh how interesting! Your spring holidays are linked to the public holidays and not Easter then? We usually get them with Easter, which is Good Friday and Easter Monday off, plus an extra two or three days for schools.

Yes. 27th April is public holiday, as well as 1st and 2nd May (Labour Day), so usually the days between that are off for schools. Easter doesn't mean much in terms of school holidays.

Uhh always annoying. But yay for the nice and productive week! 

:lmao: no, sorry, that’s “belated” x Autocorrect which switched back to Hungarian. (Belát means see or admit and és means and. Fun fact.) No getting drunk, yes goose meals.

:lmao:

But, well, these are two Hungarian words I learned right now ... which I will probably soon forget too. :leaving: Although I did hear a lot of Hungarian in the last two days. In know that "boldog" somethingsomethingdsomething means happy birthday, too.

Oh that doesn’t sound fun. Hope you get through them quickly and enjoy the weekend too! 

I am up to ... half a class of graded essays. Still have one and a half classes to go. I had a lot of time to do it today, because I didn't have many lessons, but tomorrow I will be teaching the whole day, so less time to do it.

Aaaaaaand it is ... right here. Come join in the decorating! :commie: 

In other news, 1st December is also AIDS awareness day, which teenagers think is a lot of fun because they can distribute red ribbons and, of course, condoms at school, or get some of them at the school hall. Then they are totally embarrassed when you talk to them about it, but the other students have a lot of funny comments about it. For example:

Me: What are you doing, waving a condom around in class?

Student: (doesn't answer)

His desk neighbour: He is too embarrassed to pick them up, so I went and picked up one for him!

On 11/28/2022 at 10:27 PM, Buckwheat said:

Yes. 27th April is public holiday, as well as 1st and 2nd May (Labour Day), so usually the days between that are off for schools. Easter doesn't mean much in terms of school holidays.

Ah I see, bit different over here. 

On 11/28/2022 at 10:27 PM, Buckwheat said:

But, well, these are two Hungarian words I learned right now ... which I will probably soon forget too. :leaving: Although I did hear a lot of Hungarian in the last two days. In know that "boldog" somethingsomethingdsomething means happy birthday, too.

and boldog somethingelsesomethingelse means merry Christmas or happy new year. Versatile word for all occasions! :D 

I ended up postponing my birthday shenanigans. I just don’t want to have to get ready at someone else’s house or take a backpack with me or get home to a freezing cold flat at night on my birthday. So we will get back to those once I have the comfort of heating and hot water at home for a shower and dressing up and all that shit one does for one’s birthday. I kept the brunch and I’m debating if I should allow myself a little birthday present and finally get a new hair straightener/new headphones. 

• 3 weeks later...

@RhaenysBee Did you manage to celebrate your bithday then? In any case, belated happy birthday!

It was the last day of school today. Tonight is the staff party and then I am off for a week or so (except for all the grading I have to do, and all the new tests I have to put together).

The teenagers are still the best, though some are ... a little moody lately. I suppose this is what teenagers are like. They still surprise me in good ways.

I had my hair cut recently and everybody says shorter hair looks good on me.