TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

22 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thanks and happy belated birthday to you too! /cdn-cgi/mirage/7d21e39fa7c556e1f77c59c258ee61b40fae2292c13705b0e134aef58a30cf11/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif  /cdn-cgi/mirage/7d21e39fa7c556e1f77c59c258ee61b40fae2292c13705b0e134aef58a30cf11/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_grouphug.gif 

Thank you!

Happy Hamoulimepp, all. :p 

Pffff, so by the age of 30, life has officially fucked me enough that I’ve gradually grown to despise Christmas with every aspect imaginable. I think I lasted a good while, because I maintained a fondness for this holiday throughout an entire decade of mostly shitty Christmames. But I’m exhausted and I can’t be bothered to make an effort to find affection for this time of the year anymore. :dunno: Next year I’ll skip Christmas and either travel somewhere or work through it as a regular week to see where it lands me, because wasting 10 paid holiday days on this just isn’t worth it anymore. #TeamOctober :commie: 

And to you, KiD! :cheers:

:grouphug: Rhae. I am sorry you are not enjoying yourself this time of the year.

I have surprisingly a lot going on these days, so I am enjoying the holiday, even though I don't really care for Christmas itself. I much prefer New Year, bit sadl the boyfriend and I have no plams for the evening. The holiday is too short in any case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Thanks. Ehh they were okay. Reality not so much. How is the new year treating you so far? 

Okayish! This week brought a lot of snow. It was snowing during the night Sunday-Monday and still on Monday morning. And now again. It looks pretty. I hope it stays for some time.

Work is not too bad this week, we have 2 afternoons where I have to stay late, but otherwise not too busy. I am preparing a talk for a conference next week too.

Yay for the snow!!! Can’t say I’ve seen snow this season. Not on the ground anyway, and for longer than ten minutes. 

Sounds like a fun weekend! Does the gentleman have a big family? 

And how is your conference talk coming along? It’s gonna be for the upcoming week, if I’m getting the timeline right, correct? Good luck with it! 

Oh yeah it’s been even emptier than last year. My life has kinda been taken over by a health issue, so not much else has been going on. Although, as my therapist wisely said, it is and should be just one part of life, not all of it. So what else can I share?

I had some lovely meetups with friends, brunches and lunches with family and watched a lot of movies and had some cuddles with our doggies. One of the fun things about being a woman is that I get to reframe the no-fun things as a shopping opportunity and find a little superficial joy in them, so there was a bit of that as well.

Anyway, the real lesson to take away is that screenings are in fact important to get every year and that when you stress about something, always ask yourself if it matters enough to get sick over. The answer is nearly always that it doesn’t. 

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay for the snow!!! Can’t say I’ve seen snow this season. Not on the ground anyway, and for longer than ten minutes.

There is SO. MUCH. SNOW. Cars were buried under it today. It snowed heavily from yesterday evening till today afternoon. It looks like it stopped now, they said on the news there will be a mix of snow and rain the next few days ... so there will be water everywhere.

Sounds like a fun weekend! Does the gentleman have a big family?

Nah, not a lot of relatives at all. But even those that are there, are plenty. :D 

And how is your conference talk coming along? It’s gonna be for the upcoming week, if I’m getting the timeline right, correct? Good luck with it!

It is this Friday! I am very behind the schedule with that, sadly. I haven't finished preparing the talk yet. I need to get on that and finish it to be able to prepare for it too.

Oh yeah it’s been even emptier than last year. My life has kinda been taken over by a health issue, so not much else has been going on. Although, as my therapist wisely said, it is and should be just one part of life, not all of it. So what else can I share?

I am sorry to hear that. :( I keep my fingers crossed for the health issue to be sorted out soon.

I am glad you are at least having quality time with friends and family. 

On 1/23/2023 at 7:31 PM, Buckwheat said:

There is SO. MUCH. SNOW. Cars were buried under it today. It snowed heavily from yesterday evening till today afternoon. It looks like it stopped now, they said on the news there will be a mix of snow and rain the next few days ... so there will be water everywhere.

Incredibly, if you come down from the mountains, we have 8-10C over here. 

It is this Friday! I am very behind the schedule with that, sadly. I haven't finished preparing the talk yet. I need to get on that and finish it to be able to prepare for it too.

Good luck, you’ll do a great job! And the deadline is always a great source of motivation. 

I am sorry to hear that. :( I keep my fingers crossed for the health issue to be sorted out soon.

Thank you. <3 

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Incredibly, if you come down from the mountains, we have 8-10C over here. 

I am not even in the mountains. :D 

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Good luck, you’ll do a great job! And the deadline is always a great source of motivation. 

Thank you.

I am very tired, honestly, and lack motivation to prepare for it ... I will do it later ... today.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The conference talk went ok! Now I am on my way to the boring city to work on my dissertation for a week. I just survived a night on the sleeping train for the first time, that was really interesting.

Big congrats and good luck with the dissertation!