TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. :)

How are you doing these days?

I checked into the hospital today for my surgery, I’m supposed to be going home on Thursday. Today is just random waiting around for tests and not knowing what the heck is happening. But no complaints I just want these nice overworked people to fix me. Though some downtime would be welcome because I didn’t bring all my magazines to sit in my bag while I’m jittering in a different building. I suppose caffeine wasn’t a good idea either. 

How are you doing? 

On 1/30/2023 at 11:16 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I checked into the hospital today for my surgery, I’m supposed to be going home on Thursday. Today is just random waiting around for tests and not knowing what the heck is happening. But no complaints I just want these nice overworked people to fix me. Though some downtime would be welcome because I didn’t bring all my magazines to sit in my bag while I’m jittering in a different building. I suppose caffeine wasn’t a good idea either. 

How are you doing? 

Surgery? :o That sounds terrible. I am keeping my fingers crossed it goes well and your recovery is quick. And of course that the nice overworked people stay nice for you.

Keep us/me updated!

I am mentally badly, as usual in this shithole of a city, but at least my dissertation is progressing. I miss people I know.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Surgery? :o That sounds terrible. I am keeping my fingers crossed it goes well and your recovery is quick. And of course that the nice overworked people stay nice for you.

Keep us/me updated!

I am mentally badly, as usual in this shithole of a city, but at least my dissertation is progressing. I miss people I know.

Well it never happened after all. Got a new appointment two weeks from now. This has got to be lowest point in this saga, or at least a tie with the impromptu biopsy. I’m already home. And I don’t know where the f the tranquilizers went in me because I’m a total mess. 

21 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well it never happened after all. Got a new appointment two weeks from now. This has got to be lowest point in this saga, or at least a tie with the impromptu biopsy. I’m already home. And I don’t know where the f the tranquilizers went in me because I’m a total mess. 

Uhhhhh. Then good luck in two weeks. Maybe something like chocolate, or a cocoa or something else nice will calm you down today? Take care of yourself. :grouphug: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello thread.  Hello lonely spammers.   I'm surprised you two are still perserving.  

Page 48   this threadlet is in danger of being completed this year!

Edit  - Congrats on your reviews Bucky

Edited by Pebble thats Stubby

49 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Hello thread.  Hello lonely spammers.   I'm surprised you two are still perserving.  

Page 48   this threadlet is in danger of being completed this year!

Edit  - Congrats on your reviews Bucky

I mean, I would hope this whole thread would be completed this year. Preferably sooner than later. I just don't think anybody would want to start a new thread at this point. :( 

Everybody should post here more. :P 

And thank you!

yeah.  but just think about winning the honour of posting the last post that officially kills TTTNE!

I mean I have the honour of starting it.

Although TTTNE actuually exists in Gen Chat now under a different name and the Gen chatters have not noticed

On 2/13/2023 at 8:37 PM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Although TTTNE actuually exists in Gen Chat now under a different name and the Gen chatters have not noticed

:lol: and it does indeed. 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:19 PM, Buckwheat said:

Woohoo! I got two yearly performance reviews or assesments or evaluations of my work today from my boss, for both years I worked here. They are both excellent too. /cdn-cgi/mirage/3079d70471035a0f69517f12d6b3febb59c8bdb116175430da4eef3bf34d12ea/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_smug.gif

It is starting to get somewhat warmer. Is the winter still coming or is it spring now?

Yay congratulations! Does it come with some extra benefit or is it just for feedback about how you’re doing your job? 

The weather has been weird around here. End of last week we had -10C at night a -4-5 by day. Then it flipped and we had +10C on Sunday. I haven’t been outside since Monday morning but it looks pretty sunny. 

I suppose I don’t have much to contribute these days unless anybody wants me to live report my medical adventures, but that might be quite creepy and definitely super boring for y’all. 

Beside being super bored, I’m also super hungry and I could eat anything and everything all day long. 

how are you all? 

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay congratulations! Does it come with some extra benefit or is it just for feedback about how you’re doing your job?

Not for now, but if I manage to get another excellent review, then I can start earning more money (you need three good yearly reviews for that).

The weather has been weird around here. End of last week we had -10C at night a -4-5 by day. Then it flipped and we had +10C on Sunday. I haven’t been outside since Monday morning but it looks pretty sunny.

I think spring is definitely coming. The mornings are still terribly cold, but the afternoons are getting warm.

I suppose I don’t have much to contribute these days unless anybody wants me to live report my medical adventures, but that might be quite creepy and definitely super boring for y’all. 

Beside being super bored, I’m also super hungry and I could eat anything and everything all day long. 

how are you all? 

I just made pancakes. I regret to say I cannot deliver them to you through the internet. :P

I hope the health situation improves soon.

I am ... IDK, overworked as usual?

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Not for now, but if I manage to get another excellent review, then I can start earning more money (you need three good yearly reviews for that).

I think spring is definitely coming. The mornings are still terribly cold, but the afternoons are getting warm.

I just made pancakes. I regret to say I cannot deliver them to you through the internet. :P

I hope the health situation improves soon.

I am ... IDK, overworked as usual?

Oh, that’s… delightfully specific, I suppose. I have no doubt that you’ll get your third excellent review next year. Go go go! :cheers: 

We have semi decent food, actually, just quite small portions. Which makes sense because you don’t really want to stress your body with overeating after surgery. Well the average person doesn’t, I totally do. 

Ehh, it will it should, but it’s certainly a long term ride. 

Just make sure you take care of yourself (and go to annual screenings). But if you enjoy your job and your dissertation then it’s a good kind of overworked at least. 

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, that’s… delightfully specific, I suppose. I have no doubt that you’ll get your third excellent review next year. Go go go! :cheers: 

That's public sector for you. All strictly regulated. :P 

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

We have semi decent food, actually, just quite small portions. Which makes sense because you don’t really want to stress your body with overeating after surgery. Well the average person doesn’t, I totally do. 

Ehh, it will it should, but it’s certainly a long term ride. 

Just make sure you take care of yourself (and go to annual screenings). But if you enjoy your job and your dissertation then it’s a good kind of overworked at least. 

Yay for decent food. I have heard of terrible hospital food, but I cannot speak myself because I luckily never had to stay in one. Take care of youself and well, don't overear I suppose.

I have a regular (not annual, the type that you need to go to once every three years) test scheduled next week, but work schedule changed, so I have to reschedule now. Am planning to still go, of course, so I am taking your advice seriously!

Enjoying both of these things ... well, yes or no. :P 

On 2/16/2023 at 6:59 PM, Buckwheat said:

That's public sector for you. All strictly regulated. :P 

Yay for decent food. I have heard of terrible hospital food, but I cannot speak myself because I luckily never had to stay in one. Take care of youself and well, don't overear I suppose.

I have a regular (not annual, the type that you need to go to once every three years) test scheduled next week, but work schedule changed, so I have to reschedule now. Am planning to still go, of course, so I am taking your advice seriously!

Enjoying both of these things ... well, yes or no. :P 

strictly regulated if also functional doesn’t sound too bad. 

Hospital food is generally considered terrible, but I don’t think what we had was any worse than your generic canteen menu. We had vegetables and fruit, soup, meat, dessert, vegetarian and gluten free options too. Overall we had a pretty decent hospital environment so I guess I’ll never complain about taxes and social security ever again. 

Screenings are super important, so is self check, do take care of yourself, everybody, please. :commie: 

Well that’s the key :D good luck with both! 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:27 AM, RhaenysBee said:

strictly regulated if also functional doesn’t sound too bad.

Kind of functional, as is every system. :P

Hospital food is generally considered terrible, but I don’t think what we had was any worse than your generic canteen menu. We had vegetables and fruit, soup, meat, dessert, vegetarian and gluten free options too. Overall we had a pretty decent hospital environment so I guess I’ll never complain about taxes and social security ever again. 

That doesn't sound too bad. Social security is great.

Screenings are super important, so is self check, do take care of yourself, everybody, please. /cdn-cgi/mirage/cab2e4f093e16d6e9e7602fa81d2de2a1f0a95bae301c2f2174785848d661a29/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_communist.gif 

Well that’s the key :D good luck with both! 

Thank you. Also trying to take care of myself, I suppose.

We just had a nice Carnival Sunday with the Mr. and some friends. We went to a city with a big Carnival tradition and saw a loooooot of traditional masks.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We just had a nice Carnival Sunday with the Mr. and some friends. We went to a city with a big Carnival tradition and saw a loooooot of traditional masks.

This sounds super cool! Do you have traditional carnival dances in Slo too? Carnival food? :drunk: 

Boy, now I want a donut. (Donut, not the American kind, is a traditional carnival food here). I have to go back for a test tomorrow, so I could send my dad on a donut hunt while he waits for me. :idea: 

Today, I had the mental energy to read. Yay for me. Though I still feel like I could nap at any moment. I have completely let go of the idea of getting back to work this week. It will have to wait and I guess there’s truly no shame in taking two weeks for this. 

What else is new? My mother wants to move house. I have… feelings about that, but she’s an adult and she should do whatever feels right to her to improve her life. 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

This sounds super cool! Do you have traditional carnival dances in Slo too? Carnival food? :drunk: 

Boy, now I want a donut. (Donut, not the American kind, is a traditional carnival food here). I have to go back for a test tomorrow, so I could send my dad on a donut hunt while he waits for me. :idea: 

Dances not really, unless you consider unsynchronised jumping and running of traditional masked creatures "dancing". :P Carnival food, yes, donuts. I assume the same kind as you speak of, not the American kind. Ours are generally filled with apricot filling, which I don't like, so I generally don't eat them (unless they have vanilla or chocolate filling). I do hope you get yours though.

I was dressed as a witch and the Mr. was dressed as a soldier. It was fun.

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Today, I had the mental energy to read. Yay for me. Though I still feel like I could nap at any moment. I have completely let go of the idea of getting back to work this week. It will have to wait and I guess there’s truly no shame in taking two weeks for this. 

What else is new? My mother wants to move house. I have… feelings about that, but she’s an adult and she should do whatever feels right to her to improve her life. 

Yay! What did you read? I hope something relaxing and not too difficult to start with.

Don't rush to work. Take care of yourself first. I hope everybody, including sister, pitches in to help you. :grouphug:

Your mother still lives in the house she used to live with your father? Maybe moving out of there would improve her life a lot.

On 2/20/2023 at 8:38 PM, Buckwheat said:

Dances not really, unless you consider unsynchronised jumping and running of traditional masked creatures "dancing". :P Carnival food, yes, donuts. I assume the same kind as you speak of, not the American kind. Ours are generally filled with apricot filling, which I don't like, so I generally don't eat them (unless they have vanilla or chocolate filling). I do hope you get yours though.

I was dressed as a witch and the Mr. was dressed as a soldier. It was fun.

Yay! What did you read? I hope something relaxing and not too difficult to start with.

Don't rush to work. Take care of yourself first. I hope everybody, including sister, pitches in to help you. /cdn-cgi/mirage/3079d70471035a0f69517f12d6b3febb59c8bdb116175430da4eef3bf34d12ea/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_grouphug.gif

Your mother still lives in the house she used to live with your father? Maybe moving out of there would improve her life a lot.

I’m with you on the apricot jam, but I make an exception for donuts sometimes. Carnival donut ought to be as my grandma made it, fried in oil, with a little well in the middle and with a sprinkling of caster sugar on top. I liked it best with just the sugar, but every once in a while I did put a tiny little jam in the middle for the feeling. Man I want a donut. 

Nice! Were you a hot witch or a scary witch? Oh, did you have a broomstick?  

a Nat Geo magazine :lol: I can’t commit to books yet.

Yup everybody is really sweet and doing their best in their own ways. I really appreciate it . 

Yes, that’s the rational way to approach this. I hope it will do her good and I’ll support her as best as I can in this.  endeavor. 

On 2/22/2023 at 9:48 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m with you on the apricot jam, but I make an exception for donuts sometimes. Carnival donut ought to be as my grandma made it, fried in oil, with a little well in the middle and with a sprinkling of caster sugar on top. I liked it best with just the sugar, but every once in a while I did put a tiny little jam in the middle for the feeling. Man I want a donut. 

Nice! Were you a hot witch or a scary witch? Oh, did you have a broomstick?

Just a generic crappy black coat and a pointy hat witch. :lol: And no broomstick, as that would have been too tedious to carry around watching the parade for a few hours.

a Nat Geo magazine :lol: I can’t commit to books yet.

Yup everybody is really sweet and doing their best in their own ways. I really appreciate it . 

Good luck. I trust you are in home care by now? Or still in the hospital?

Yes, that’s the rational way to approach this. I hope it will do her good and I’ll support her as best as I can in this.  endeavor. 

Good idea. :)

I spent the last weekend at some workshop for teachers. It was interesting and thought-provoking, and now I feel all important because I made our school participate in this project. It is going to take some energy though.

We had some more snow on the weekend and yesterday, so it looks like the winter is not over yet.

The students are being both good and bad, they did some stupid stuff last week. The ones I am responsible for, I handled it. The worse shit some of them did, well, luckily it was not the group I am responsible for because I have no clue how I would have handled it.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:46 PM, Buckwheat said:

Just a generic crappy black coat and a pointy hat witch. :lol: And no broomstick, as that would have been too tedious to carry around watching the parade for a few hours.

A minimalist witch then, quite contemporary! :D 

Good luck. I trust you are in home care by now? Or still in the hospital?.

Nah, they keep you for 48 hours after surgery. Then I had a 10 day hiatus and I’ve been back to work since Monday. I get awfully tired by the end of the day still, but it’s a process I supposed. 

spent the last weekend at some workshop for teachers. It was interesting and thought-provoking, and now I feel all important because I made our school participate in this project. It is going to take some energy though.

We had some more snow on the weekend and yesterday, so it looks like the winter is not over yet.

The students are being both good and bad, they did some stupid stuff last week. The ones I am responsible for, I handled it. The worse shit some of them did, well, luckily it was not the group I am responsible for because I have no clue how I would have handled it.

That sounds super proactive and committed. That school is lucky to have you.

We never get snow but it was nasty over the weekend. Milder and sunnier again by now. 

oh my, whatever did those kids do? :eek: Kudos to you for handling them! I’m terrified of teenagers.