TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

On 1/5/2022 at 7:13 PM, Buckwheat said:

IDK, just never really thought of it as an option? Besides, at least it is something to get me out of the flat for now. :P

Maybe it is easy to plan, IDK. I am okay with the schedule anyway. Except right now that I am working whole days until the evening and still have so many things I don't even know where to start ... I had expected January would be easier. Yeah, right. <_<

I am sorry you hate your work ... I only hate some parts of mine, but a lot of it are nice things.

If it’s any comfort I expected a calm, slow January and it’s turning out to be a madhouse in every area of life. 

and I have to go To the office tomorrow. The single upside of this torturous obligation is that I can get office coffee. (Although my reflux is running wild after the holidays’ stress and sugar galore too, so I should be avoiding caffeinated drinks)

On 1/8/2022 at 8:11 AM, Buckwheat said:

First week of the year over. I was pranked yesterday. A bunch of 15-year-olds thought it was funny that they taped a piece of paper over the lens of the projector in the classroom. At least it was harmless and not mean. Had another battle of wills with another student which was definitely more basd on mean provocation. At least it is Saturday now.

Harmless pranks can mean that these kids like you enough to think you’ll be a good sport and they’ll laugh with you not at you, can’t they? I don’t know, I’m scared of teenagers. 

Hope you had a relaxing weekend! 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So many new coronavirus cases every day. :crying: When will this stop?

I feel like I am talking to myself in this thread. :leaving: 

We don’t really see a drastic surge yet, I think people aren’t testing enough. And hospitalizations/ICU patients are still on a steady decline (so far) in spite of the increase in daily new cases. And it seems like my dad is finally finally getting his booster tomorrow - touching wood. I think he was a bit ill last week and that got him scared. That or the ridiculously named variants and combinations of covid in the headlines. Or maybe the allegedly medical worker girlfriend coerced him. Either way, I hope he will actually get that booster this time. 

yeah, it’s like an empty road with the wind blowing a weeded or a plastic bag across it. 

This year is roughing me up, I suppose it’s a prep for what’s to come or a revenge for my unnecessary worrying last year. As mentioned earlier I had pretty bad reflux last week. As soon as I got that under control and had one good day, I went on to chemical poison myself while cleaning a bathroom AND get mild food poisoning from some fish and chips I ate while cleaning. That was not fun. Either. I went to see the GP today and he listened to my lungs and if he can be trusted, it’s nothing serious and will clear up on its own. It’s just a lesson to have even more ventilation, wear a mask and be very careful with chemical cleaning products. I may revisit the natural cleaning product bandwagon. At least he have me prescription meds for the reflux before I grow and ulcer in my stomach, that’s nice at least. So, 2022 has been fun so far. 

oh yeah and half the kitchen counter has soaked through and rotted at sister’s. She’s lived there for less than a year. Anyway, we can go ahead and get that fixed now too. We. What am I talking about. I can go ahead and get that fixed now. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 1/10/2022 at 12:41 PM, RhaenysBee said:

If it’s any comfort I expected a calm, slow January and it’s turning out to be a madhouse in every area of life.

Don't tell me ... I didn't have many classes today, so I had hoped I would be able to go home a but earlier. Yeah, right. I ended up spending two hours on preparing a single class for tomorrow, stayed just as long as the other days, ended up noticing I messed something up and forgot to include one of the exercises I had planned, and still took work home after all - preparing the rest of tomorrow's classes. At this point, I don't dare to hope it is going to calm down any time soon ...

Harmless pranks can mean that these kids like you enough to think you’ll be a good sport and they’ll laugh with you not at you, can’t they? I don’t know, I’m scared of teenagers.

IDK what it means. Let's go with your explanation. :P 

Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

I had. The gentleman was here to visit. It was really nice.

We don’t really see a drastic surge yet, I think people aren’t testing enough. And hospitalizations/ICU patients are still on a steady decline (so far) in spite of the increase in daily new cases. And it seems like my dad is finally finally getting his booster tomorrow - touching wood. I think he was a bit ill last week and that got him scared. That or the ridiculously named variants and combinations of covid in the headlines. Or maybe the allegedly medical worker girlfriend coerced him. Either way, I hope he will actually get that booster this time.

We have a ... very drastic surge. Every day new record numbers. :( And many hospitalisations and all. At my work, there are several classes and employees quarantined. I am really worried about myself and everybody else.

I hope your father gets the shot.

This year is roughing me up, I suppose it’s a prep for what’s to come or a revenge for my unnecessary worrying last year. As mentioned earlier I had pretty bad reflux last week. As soon as I got that under control and had one good day, I went on to chemical poison myself while cleaning a bathroom AND get mild food poisoning from some fish and chips I ate while cleaning. That was not fun. Either. I went to see the GP today and he listened to my lungs and if he can be trusted, it’s nothing serious and will clear up on its own. It’s just a lesson to have even more ventilation, wear a mask and be very careful with chemical cleaning products. I may revisit the natural cleaning product bandwagon. At least he have me prescription meds for the reflux before I grow and ulcer in my stomach, that’s nice at least. So, 2022 has been fun so far. 

oh yeah and half the kitchen counter has soaked through and rotted at sister’s. She’s lived there for less than a year. Anyway, we can go ahead and get that fixed now too. We. What am I talking about. I can go ahead and get that fixed now. 

I hope you feel better soon and no covid finds you again.

What did sister do with the kitchen counter? :o And ... why is it your job to have it fixed again? Didn't you already put in all the work for the renovation of the whole flat?

It was -18 C this morning and my friends had their furnace breakdown again. It stopped working Friday night but the repairman got it going Saturday afternoon, but last night it stopped working again. So you can have record numbers of Covid cases and things can get worse.

I like to walk for an hour every day, it was -10 yesterday afternoon, -20 with the windchill, and I did it. Right now it just -12, I need to get out there, right?

Edited by Fragile Bird
Sp

29 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I like to walk for an hour every day, it was -10 yesterday afternoon, -20 with the windchill, and I did it. Right now it just -12, I need to get out there, right?

You are very active, well done!

Myself, I am just lazy. It is around 0 every day, and I tell myself it is too cold to go out for a walk, and I don't have time to do it anyway.

At least I walk to and from work, which is ... about 15 to 20 minutes one way every day? :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You are very active, well done!

Myself, I am just lazy. It is around 0 every day, and I tell myself it is too cold to go out for a walk, and I don't have time to do it anyway.

At least I walk to and from work, which is ... about 15 to 20 minutes one way every day? :dunno: 

That’s an excellent walk!

hello and happy new year everyone.

I hope you are all doing ok.  I feel there is a good chance that for most of the world the worst of COVID will be over by the end of the year.   that is my Prediction.   That does not mean things will be better for a while only that by December things will start to be looking better.

Stay safe,  Keep away from nutjobs.  Breathe clean air and practice safe consenual hugging

Also Play Pictionary and make me very very happy.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, Buckwheat said:

Don't tell me ... I didn't have many classes today, so I had hoped I would be able to go home a but earlier. Yeah, right. I ended up spending two hours on preparing a single class for tomorrow, stayed just as long as the other days, ended up noticing I messed something up and forgot to include one of the exercises I had planned, and still took work home after all - preparing the rest of tomorrow's classes. At this point, I don't dare to hope it is going to calm down any time soon ...

Oh damn that’s annoying. Well, fingers crossed anyway that things calm down a little, spring break is still quite far down the road :( 

but I’m glad to hear you had a lovely weekend with your gentleman! :cheers: 

We have a ... very drastic surge. Every day new record numbers. :( And many hospitalisations and all. At my work, there are several classes and employees quarantined. I am really worried about myself and everybody else.

I hope your father gets the shot.

Ah I’m so sorry, I hope students and staff all get through it quickly and safely. It must be difficult to have a job where you come in contact with a lot of people. The one thing I do appreciate about mine is that we have the opportunity to stay in full home office. Stay as safe as you can! 

He did get it, thank goodness. Rather late to the game because he got his first two shots last March. But I do hope it’s still in time. Side affects knocked him out too but as unpleasant as it is, it’s a natural reaction which I hope will go away in another day.

hope you feel better soon and no covid finds you again.

What did sister do with the kitchen counter? :o And ... why is it your job to have it fixed again? Didn't you already put in all the work for the renovation of the whole flat?

I do thanks, no nose-bleed today so it appears that my mucous membrane did regenerate on its own just fine. The reflux is manageable but it annoys me that it needs to be managed. I miss coffee and black tea so much. Well, I’d very much appreciate if COVID didn’t find me again, but I suppose that’s entirely out of my control. 

I suppose she recreates the Pacific Ocean on the kitchen counter when she does the dishes once a month? :dunno:  The original order was in my name, and I doubt bureaucracy and GDPR allows them to reopen it to someone else, so I will at least have to be the point of contact with the company. 

On 1/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, Fragile Bird said:

It was -18 C this morning and my friends had their furnace breakdown again. It stopped working Friday night but the repairman got it going Saturday afternoon, but last night it stopped working again. So you can have record numbers of Covid cases and things can get worse.

Oh goodness, that’s awful. These things have a way of happening during the worst cold. Hope that furnace gets fixed or replaced quickly, -18 is no joke. 

We have particularly cold days as well, it’s -6 currently which I imagine is -10 or lower in the country. It’s forecast to get a bit milder by the weekend. 

21 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I hope you are all doing ok.  I feel there is a good chance that for most of the world the worst of COVID will be over by the end of the year.   that is my Prediction.   That does not mean things will be better for a while only that by December things will start to be looking better.

How optimistic of you! I certainly hope you are right, but at this point I sadly cannot share your optimism.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh damn that’s annoying. Well, fingers crossed anyway that things calm down a little, spring break is still quite far down the road :( 

We don't have such a thing as spring break, but we get one week off at the end of February. I do hope things calm down a bit.

Ah I’m so sorry, I hope students and staff all get through it quickly and safely. It must be difficult to have a job where you come in contact with a lot of people. The one thing I do appreciate about mine is that we have the opportunity to stay in full home office. Stay as safe as you can!

Yup, I mean we tried working wholly remote in the past two years, but our work is severely negatively impacted by that. It is a job that just has to include a lot of direct communication. So I'd rather not go wholly online again. Although at this moment, 3 out of 6 groups I teach are wholly at home ...

I suppose she recreates the Pacific Ocean on the kitchen counter when she does the dishes once a month? :dunno:  The original order was in my name, and I doubt bureaucracy and GDPR allows them to reopen it to someone else, so I will at least have to be the point of contact with the company.

That's terrible. But I think there must be a way to tell the company that she is to be contacted from now on. It is ridiculous that you would be expected to fix everything again after she damaged it by being neglectful. I hope at least the family doesn't expect you to pay for it all?

I just dreamed of testing positive for covid and having to be quarantined. :(

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yup, I mean we tried working wholly remote in the past two years, but our work is severely negatively impacted by that. It is a job that just has to include a lot of direct communication. So I'd rather not go wholly online again. Although at this moment, 3 out of 6 groups I teach are wholly at home ...

Oh that’s really bad. Are they all ill or quarantined because they are direct contacts? 

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That's terrible. But I think there must be a way to tell the company that she is to be contacted from now on. It is ridiculous that you would be expected to fix everything again after she damaged it by being neglectful. I hope at least the family doesn't expect you to pay for it all?

I don’t think they will fix it as part of the warranty because it obviously could have been avoided with a little care and attention. So once they inspect it, it’ll probably become a new order which can be in her name. No, of course not, this is not my expense. 

just dreamed of testing positive for covid and having to be quarantined. :(

what an awful dream :( I do hope you can stir clear of covid. Stay safe! 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh that’s really bad. Are they all ill or quarantined because they are direct contacts? 

When one person in the class gets covid, the whole class is quarantined because they are all closed contacts of the infected person. That means one or two of them are infected, and then everybody stays at home.

I don’t think they will fix it as part of the warranty because it obviously could have been avoided with a little care and attention. So once they inspect it, it’ll probably become a new order which can be in her name. No, of course not, this is not my expense.

I didn't mean they would cover it as warranty. I meant just don't have them call you for the new order, and have them contact sister instead. :) 

what an awful dream :( I do hope you can stir clear of covid. Stay safe! 

And same to you. :cheers: 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:10 PM, Buckwheat said:

When one person in the class gets covid, the whole class is quarantined because they are all closed contacts of the infected person. That means one or two of them are infected, and then everybody stays at home.

Ah see. We just erased quarantine for vaccinated kids a few days ago. :eek: Well, best wishes for the kids and yourself, try and stay safe! 

We have insane wind storms across the country. It isn’t cold, but we have up to 40km/h wind.

My mum went to a wellness trip. Which I can accept and understand and respect but not really support. Well, she’s an adult and she had three doses of vaccine and she barely left her house for months and booked this when we thought delta would run out by the new year. Which it did, but then, a week ago omicron started gaining ground. I mean. It’s weekdays, it’s not international travel. And she is not more likely pick up omicron there than she is in the grocery store, at the dentist or running any errand. still, I’m anxious. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah see. We just erased quarantine for vaccinated kids a few days ago. :eek: Well, best wishes for the kids and yourself, try and stay safe!

We had that for a while. Now only the people who have had the booster shot are exempt from the quarantine. But they haven't been vaccinating unter 18s long enough for any of them to even have received the booster vaccine, so even the ones vaccinated (with "only" two doses) get quarantined.

Aaaaaaand my class just had a whole bunch of infections confirmed in the last few days. Basically a third of the class is infected and obviously they are all quarantined home now. I tested myself both on Friday and on Sunday, and was negative myself, so my third vaccine must be doing something right. Still worried and definitely avoiding visiting my grandparents in the elderly home.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

My mum went to a wellness trip. Which I can accept and understand and respect but not really support. Well, she’s an adult and she had three doses of vaccine and she barely left her house for months and booked this when we thought delta would run out by the new year. Which it did, but then, a week ago omicron started gaining ground. I mean. It’s weekdays, it’s not international travel. And she is not more likely pick up omicron there than she is in the grocery store, at the dentist or running any errand. still, I’m anxious. 

I hope she enjoys it. As worried as we are, we cannot prevent ourselves from doing everything for years, we would all go crazy. :( But I understand being worried.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

We had that for a while. Now only the people who have had the booster shot are exempt from the quarantine. But they haven't been vaccinating unter 18s long enough for any of them to even have received the booster vaccine, so even the ones vaccinated (with "only" two doses) get quarantined.

Aaaaaaand my class just had a whole bunch of infections confirmed in the last few days. Basically a third of the class is infected and obviously they are all quarantined home now. I tested myself both on Friday and on Sunday, and was negative myself, so my third vaccine must be doing something right. Still worried and definitely avoiding visiting my grandparents in the elderly home.

Secondary school kids here have boosters already. My cousin got it about a week or two ago. I think it’s the under 15 age group who only had two shots yet. But that’s a curious question. I have no idea if it’s 2 or 3 shots that exempt a student from quarantine. 

Oh man, I’m really sorry. Poor kids. And poor you, does this mean hybrid classes or full online or are they just missing school in this case? Did you get rapid tests or PCRs? I hope you will be fine and that the booster is doing it’s job. 

I got did two rapid tests on Saturday and Sunday both were clear but a part of me regrets not taking a PCR, as it turns out that a colleague is positive too, who I met at the office last Tuesday…. Maybe she got infected there, maybe later, but if she got infected there, we all had the chance to get infected from the same person/circumstance. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I hope she enjoys it. As worried as we are, we cannot prevent ourselves from doing everything for years, we would all go crazy. :( But I understand being worried.

She’s enjoying it, and she says the place is pretty empty, which is a good thing. There are about 6 elderly married couples aside from her, so going on a Monday proved to be a good idea at least. Yeah, I know, I’m just really paranoid about COVID in general. Too paranoid in fact. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Andddddd….we are having a snowmageddon here! Just shoveled for an hour and 20 minutes, going to make some lunch now and then go back out to shovel some more!

Ah I’m sorry about the shoveling. But on the upside, snow is beautiful! 

Covid cases are spreading rapidly through my workplace. The boss says we should all test ourselves regularly, so I just started my day by sticking a stick up my nose. Negative. Was in contact with a person who tested positive yesterday, though.