TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

One of the few times ones happy for a rainy weather :D 

Yeah, I know, well, Simon is above those kinds of disagreements. No living soul could deny his hotness. 

I finished the season last night. I wasn’t particularly impressed but maybe I had way too high expectations. 

Hide contents

Yes, I found both leads insufferable and I’m dissatisfied with their character arches as well. It was really the sub plots that made the season interesting, primarily the Featherington one. 

Yes. Also because there have been reports of wildfires from around the country in the past few weeks. Hopefully the rain will prevent this for some time.

You are right about Simon. :D

Spoiler

Another friend who has watched the whole season said something similar. I am still looking forward to watching the remaining episodes, as I don't really expect much intellectual and serious entertainment from Bridgerton, I watch it for fun. It is a much better mindset for this series. :P 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. Also because there have been reports of wildfires from around the country in the past few weeks. Hopefully the rain will prevent this for some time.

You are right about Simon. :D

You have wildfires in Slovenia? Awful. I’m so sorry. :( I hope some rain is on the way! Did it cause a lot of damage? Wow it’s weird and a bit scary how we live in a war-election bubble. Absolutely nothing else penetrates the news. War and election. Like nothing else exists. At least the election frenzy will be over soon. 

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Bridgerton

Reveal hidden contents

OK wtf was this scene at the end of the 3rd episode.

And how did nobody comment on both leads coming out of the forest covered in mud?

Spoiler

I know. I don’t know how much time they spent on the script but it’s a bit like it was written in one day. The story is falling apart and all the world building of season one went out of the window… :/ 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

You have wildfires in Slovenia? Awful. I’m so sorry. :( I hope some rain is on the way! Did it cause a lot of damage? Wow it’s weird and a bit scary how we live in a war-election bubble. Absolutely nothing else penetrates the news. War and election. Like nothing else exists. At least the election frenzy will be over soon.

Hide contents

I know. I don’t know how much time they spent on the script but it’s a bit like it was written in one day. The story is falling apart and all the world building of season one went out of the window… :/ 

It started raining a bit today. Apparently there is going to be more rain tomorrow. Which means no hiking.

Although our news are largely taken by war and election too.

Spoiler

Let me just see the next episode ... I am enjoying the thing, I just don't take it too seriously. ;) 

On 3/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, Buckwheat said:

It started raining a bit today. Apparently there is going to be more rain tomorrow. Which means no hiking.

Although our news are largely taken by war and election too.

Reveal hidden contents

Let me just see the next episode ... I am enjoying the thing, I just don't take it too seriously. ;) 

It rained all day here. Spring weather is temporarily gone. 

it’s everywhere. I had proxy topics for relieving stress and anxiety about the war. First it was the Rings of Power trailer, then Bridgerton, then Will Smith. But every time I get on YouTube, I’m dragged back into the madness by, now vulgar, election ads. 

do keep me posted on how you like it!!

We had actual snow on Saturday. Now we're back to nice spring weather, mostly sunny.

How is it possible that I have 3 classes less this week (because the students have some sort of other activities), and yet I am still drowning in work? Uhhhhh. I will survive this school year. I hope. Oh yes, it is because of this compulsory seminar/workshop/whatever thing we have to take part in tomorrow afternoon, which means I will have to prepare at least most of the stuff for the long Thursday today ... such fun.

I haven't been able to watch Bridgerton any further than the 5th episode. To which I can only say ...

Spoiler

These characters have issues. With honour and duty and all. Just kiss already I suppose?

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We had actual snow on Saturday. Now we're back to nice spring weather, mostly sunny.

How is it possible that I have 3 classes less this week (because the students have some sort of other activities), and yet I am still drowning in work? Uhhhhh. I will survive this school year. I hope. Oh yes, it is because of this compulsory seminar/workshop/whatever thing we have to take part in tomorrow afternoon, which means I will have to prepare at least most of the stuff for the long Thursday today ... such fun.

I haven't been able to watch Bridgerton any further than the 5th episode. To which I can only say ...

Reveal hidden contents

These characters have issues. With honour and duty and all. Just kiss already I suppose?

We had snow on Sunday too. And elections. The joy. And a work crisis. More joy. But I fixed it - with some help from a random colleague. And yet for some reason I have no sense of success or relief. Oh well. At least I achieved that people at work finally actually listen to me when I speak. That’s an achievement. 

I’m sorry about your workload :( is there a spring break in sight? 

Spoiler

So many issues… and so little self awareness. 

I was supposed to get a liquor store delivery today. I ordered some of that strawberry wine I had the other week (which was so bad it was good). And the delivery man disappeared. I came home early and he was supposed to call me but he didn’t and he doesn’t pick up the phone either. So… no idea what happens now. I hope they will try to deliver it tomorrow again. I want my strawberry wine. 

What else? I’ll have next week off. Which will be great because I’m way past functional human operation and I need some time to put my body and mind back together. 

And I need to finish my Prince William (the dog) needle point stitching. Yes, I had ordered a custom needle point stitching kit so I could have a needlework of PW’s little face. I’m also rereading LOTR and I haven’t made progress on that for at least a week because I’m in a current affairs and election rabbit hole. 

No other semi-interesting updates I could speak of. 

On 4/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, RhaenysBee said:

We had snow on Sunday too. And elections. The joy. And a work crisis. More joy. But I fixed it - with some help from a random colleague. And yet for some reason I have no sense of success or relief. Oh well. At least I achieved that people at work finally actually listen to me when I speak. That’s an achievement.

Congratulations on sorting out the work crisis! :commie:

Our elections are in about two weeks. It should be fun to listen to the news until then. :uhoh: 

I’m sorry about your workload :( is there a spring break in sight? 

I get Easter Monday off. And then 6 days from the 27th April till the 2nd May. Short, but it is something I suppose.

Reveal hidden contents

So many issues… and so little self awareness. 

I am going to continue watching, still have 2 episodes left.

Spoiler

At least the younger sister has freed herself from Kate's planning the whole her future for her.

I was supposed to get a liquor store delivery today. I ordered some of that strawberry wine I had the other week (which was so bad it was good). And the delivery man disappeared. I came home early and he was supposed to call me but he didn’t and he doesn’t pick up the phone either. So… no idea what happens now. I hope they will try to deliver it tomorrow again. I want my strawberry wine.

I think the best idea is to go pick it up yourself! :cheers: 

What else? I’ll have next week off. Which will be great because I’m way past functional human operation and I need some time to put my body and mind back together. 

And I need to finish my Prince William (the dog) needle point stitching. Yes, I had ordered a custom needle point stitching kit so I could have a needlework of PW’s little face. I’m also rereading LOTR and I haven’t made progress on that for at least a week because I’m in a current affairs and election rabbit hole. 

No other semi-interesting updates I could speak of. 

Yay for the week off. Are you staying at home or travelling somewhere?

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Our elections are in about two weeks. It should be fun to listen to the news until then. :uhoh: 

Oh dear me, good luck with that…. :stunned:It was unbearable here, months of throwing trash at each other. I’m so glad it’s over. 

get Easter Monday off. And then 6 days from the 27th April till the 2nd May. Short, but it is something I suppose.

Certainly something! You don’t have Good Friday off in Slo? Anyway, the 6 days sound pretty good! 

think the best idea is to go pick it up yourself! :cheers: 

yes that would have been the right choice, or I could have tried ordering it to a pickup-point that’s a bit closer. 

Staying home, I have a few errands scheduled and most I really need the mental rest. 

Good luck. 

Spoiler

Edwina was a likeable character, and she’s better off without Kate’s “help”. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Certainly something! You don’t have Good Friday off in Slo? Anyway, the 6 days sound pretty good!

This is the Friday before Easter, right? Nope, we don't get that off. Just the Easter Monday.

The 6 days will probably be spent at home and at the gentleman's home. My whole family will travel somewhere, but I haven't organised anything, so I hope I can at least spend some more time with him (he has to work part of that time).

Staying home, I have a few errands scheduled and most I really need the mental rest. 

Enjoy your rest then.

Hide contents

Edwina was a likeable character, and she’s better off without Kate’s “help”. 

I agree.

The weekend plan was to be visited by the gentleman and go on something like a trip near where I live, but that fell through due to weather and his other obligations. Booooo. Also I don't have a car this week, so I have to figure out how to come to the city tomorrow after work. Looks like I cannot carpool with any of the coworkers this time and the public transport sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

This is the Friday before Easter, right? Nope, we don't get that off. Just the Easter Monday.

The 6 days will probably be spent at home and at the gentleman's home. My whole family will travel somewhere, but I haven't organised anything, so I hope I can at least spend some more time with him (he has to work part of that time).

Yep, that’s the one, we had the four days off. It was nice. Almost over. 

Ah that sounds nice!!! Hope you had a lovely time with him or your family, whichever ended up happening. Did you get to do anything nice? 

we had nasty weather since Friday noon, wind, rain, 7-10C. Not very spring like at all. Went on a couple freezing cold dog walkies, ate a lot of lovely Easter food, messed up a carrot cake and read a lot. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, Buckwheat said:

The weekend plan was to be visited by the gentleman and go on something like a trip near where I live, but that fell through due to weather and his other obligations. Booooo. Also I don't have a car this week, so I have to figure out how to come to the city tomorrow after work. Looks like I cannot carpool with any of the coworkers this time and the public transport sucks.

Ah I’m sorry, the weather really sucks this months. Have you managed to reschedule the trip since then? 

On 4/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yep, that’s the one, we had the four days off. It was nice. Almost over. 

Ah that sounds nice!!! Hope you had a lovely time with him or your family, whichever ended up happening. Did you get to do anything nice?

We visited my relatives, whom I haven't seen since New Year. So that was nice.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, RhaenysBee said:

we had nasty weather since Friday noon, wind, rain, 7-10C. Not very spring like at all. Went on a couple freezing cold dog walkies, ate a lot of lovely Easter food, messed up a carrot cake and read a lot. 

Ah I’m sorry, the weather really sucks this months. Have you managed to reschedule the trip since then? 

It is stupidly cold after a very sunny and spring-like weather last week. I hate it.

There won't be this trip again. I do hope we manage to plan at least something in the next few weeks.

I had planned to stay here in tiny town this weekend and have the gentleman over, but then I remembered there is the election on Sunday, so I need to go to where my main address is to vote. So need to go to my parents' place this weekend anyway.

This is a shorter work week because the Monday was off. Only a few days till the short holiday. I can survive it, I hope ... did I mention that I have a lot of work? I feel like this is the only thing I talk about anymore.

On 4/20/2022 at 8:41 PM, Buckwheat said:

We visited my relatives, whom I haven't seen since New Year. So that was nice.

It is stupidly cold after a very sunny and spring-like weather last week. I hate it.

There won't be this trip again. I do hope we manage to plan at least something in the next few weeks.

I had planned to stay here in tiny town this weekend and have the gentleman over, but then I remembered there is the election on Sunday, so I need to go to where my main address is to vote. So need to go to my parents' place this weekend anyway.

This is a shorter work week because the Monday was off. Only a few days till the short holiday. I can survive it, I hope ... did I mention that I have a lot of work? I feel like this is the only thing I talk about anymore.

That Sounds lovely! 

the weather is truly crazy, it was mild winter with 8C on Friday, it’s a monsoon-like 20C today. 

Ugh I can’t hear the word election and not cringe anymore. We have local governmental elections next year then I’ll glad not to even think about elections for 2 years at least. Good luck with yours anyway! 

sorry about the workload. Keep calm and carry on, I hope that holiday will be here soon! 

I needed to pick up some drugstore items and return a pair of shoes, and… of course, I ended up “just having a look” in the chocolate shop. (They are trying to resell Valentine’s Day stuff for Mother’s Day, which is so funny to me. This is the same stuff that went on sale after Valentine’s Day, and it appears they still haven’t got rid of it.) anyway, I ended up buying a piece each from the new bonbon flavors and I already ate them all. It’s been 3 hours. Oh well. One does not simply walk into a chocolate shop, right? 

On 4/24/2022 at 3:01 PM, RhaenysBee said:

the weather is truly crazy, it was mild winter with 8C on Friday, it’s a monsoon-like 20C today.

It rained yesterday. Today I was on a school trip - it was cold, windy and mostly cloudy, but at least it didn't rain. I wouldn't mind higher temperatures and more sun.

sorry about the workload. Keep calm and carry on, I hope that holiday will be here soon!

One more day!

I needed to pick up some drugstore items and return a pair of shoes, and… of course, I ended up “just having a look” in the chocolate shop. (They are trying to resell Valentine’s Day stuff for Mother’s Day, which is so funny to me. This is the same stuff that went on sale after Valentine’s Day, and it appears they still haven’t got rid of it.) anyway, I ended up buying a piece each from the new bonbon flavors and I already ate them all. It’s been 3 hours. Oh well. One does not simply walk into a chocolate shop, right? 

Nope, apparently not. :D 

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hey Rhae and Buck! Thought I'd drop by and check in for a bit. Hope you're both doing good! I'm well myself, on the verge of finishing my thesis and some pretty cool plans for next year are taking shape.

Hi Fomn, it is great to see you stop by! Tell us about your cool plans. ;) 

16 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hey Rhae and Buck! Thought I'd drop by and check in for a bit. Hope you're both doing good! I'm well myself, on the verge of finishing my thesis and some pretty cool plans for next year are taking shape.

Great to see you and hear from you! What’s your thesis topic? if you are okay with sharing it. I remember you studied journalism and/or philosophy, right? 

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It rained yesterday. Today I was on a school trip - it was cold, windy and mostly cloudy, but at least it didn't rain. I wouldn't mind higher temperatures and more sun.

One more day!

Nope, apparently not. :D 

It’s quickly gone from 8C to 20+C here, hope the mild weather reaches you too. 

Well what a day, what a might good day. Of course it’s my fault that I got out of bed at 7:30. But then I found an ant infestation in the hallway, the second bathroom and the back rooms. I can only guess that they came from sister’s travel bag and her country team building thing. So I spent half an hour in the morning manually killing ants. I know, I’m sorry, it what else are you going to do? Also sister took my AirPods by mistake and that annoys me a little too. I think I deserve to have a gin&tonic tonight. 

Weather is still weird.

But I have a few days off! :commie: I mean, nominally. Practically I still do some work, but there is less stress.

Uhhhh, ant infestations are terrible. I very much sympathise. I have some ants in my flat too. At some point, I suppose I accepted them as roommates? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Uhhhh, ant infestations are terrible. I very much sympathise. I have some ants in my flat too. At some point, I suppose I accepted them as roommates? :dunno:

fungus gnats aint a joke either. after months of battle i finally claimed victory a few weeks ago. the silverfish front i gave up on years ago. we coexist peacefully now.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, Buckwheat said:

Hi Fomn, it is great to see you stop by! Tell us about your cool plans. ;) 

Yeah, it's good to see you guys are still keeping the thread alive :) I'm hoping to study creative writing for a year after the summer, but arranging it is a major hassle (a long and very bureaucratic story). But I think it should work out. If not I'm hoping for a contract at the theater where I'm bartending so I'll at least have something to tide me over.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Great to see you and hear from you! What’s your thesis topic? if you are okay with sharing it. I remember you studied journalism and/or philosophy, right? 

Yeah, philosophy! My thesis is about whether it'd be better if we were to choose our family members based on desired qualities, rather than automatically living with your biological family. It's based on the 'chosen family' concept which appears in many queer communities. I should be done in about six weeks!

On 4/28/2022 at 4:56 PM, First of My Name said:

Yeah, it's good to see you guys are still keeping the thread alive :) I'm hoping to study creative writing for a year after the summer, but arranging it is a major hassle (a long and very bureaucratic story). But I think it should work out. If not I'm hoping for a contract at the theater where I'm bartending so I'll at least have something to tide me over.

Yeah, philosophy! My thesis is about whether it'd be better if we were to choose our family members based on desired qualities, rather than automatically living with your biological family. It's based on the 'chosen family' concept which appears in many queer communities. I should be done in about six weeks!

Hi! Glad to hear things are going well. Your thesis sounds very interesting, obviously very relevant to queer communities but equally applicable to all kinds of atypical/chosen family setups. Kind of silly but I once listened to a podcast discuss the film/book Matilda from a similar perspective of Matilda as a queer child, discovering their 'powers' (querness), being rejected and misunderstood by her birth family and eventually discovering her chosen family through school and Miss Honey.

Anyway, rambling, good luck with the thesis! Hopefully not too stressful, I know mine drove me to the brink when I was doing it but I had a lot going on back then.

Fingers crossed on your creative writing too.

@Buckwheat @RhaenysBee long overdue but I agree with your assessments on Bridgerton. Apparently Kate is a fan favourite in the books (which I have not read) and I was watching just thinking how terrible she was. Edwina all the way for me.

Rhaenys, the final season of Killing Eve....I...no words.