TTTNE - This Thread is finanly over. Slowest race ever nearly 3 years.

Pebble thats Stubby

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. It hasn't been bad until now, but it is only the first day. I don't know how this thing will develop for me.

I trust you are better after your sickness by now?

Yeah feeling much better now. Just a lingering cough that hasn't quite gone away. 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hi there! How are you doing? And how do you like the dragon show? 

Hi Rhaenys! I'm doing alright all things considered. Seems like everything in my house is breaking down at once and I'm paying repair bill after repair bill but that's just the nature of home ownership. Looking forward to Halloween and taking a vacation in November. How are you?

I'm enjoying the dragon show quite a bit but I am and have always been a Targ fan so it's tailor made for me. It feels good to have a weekly 'event' TV show again. Reminds me of when GoT was still good! :P 

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Soooooo ... the plague finally caught up with me too. I had the test done today and ... well, it is the first day of my isolation. I have to stay home for at least a week, then I can have another test done.

Nooo! Rest up, drink lots of water all that stuff! :grouphug: (this is a socially distanced virtual hug)

I finally got Covid a few months back, was very glad I was vaccinated. Knocked me out for a couple of days, and then a few when I felt fine but was still testing positive.

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Nooo! Rest up, drink lots of water all that stuff! :grouphug: (this is a socially distanced virtual hug)

I finally got Covid a few months back, was very glad I was vaccinated. Knocked me out for a couple of days, and then a few when I felt fine but was still testing positive.

Thank you. :grouphug:

I was vaccinated three times and had a sucky day today. I imagine the vaccinations worked until now, but this sneaky virus finally caught up to me ...

On 10/11/2022 at 3:02 PM, The BlackBear said:

:ninja:

Hey gang! Did a bit of reading up on the new show ( I haven't watched any) and thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I visited Dubrovnik a few years ago during a heatwave, and christ it was hot, but coastal so not too bad. Then we visited Kotor and it was like stepping into an oven.

I climbed the walls in Kotor, unwisely in the midday heat. Whew. Sweating, red faced, but damn those views were worth it. Had some frozen margs afterwards to make up for it. Honestly I would love to be back.

Edit:

Sorry to hear Buck, stay well, rest up. 

I like the new show well enough, it's not must watch TV bust has some spectacular moments and great performances.

Haven't checked ROP yet, I might give it a go before my amazon expires

Edited by HelenaExMachina

On 10/11/2022 at 8:23 PM, KiDisaster said:

Yeah feeling much better now. Just a lingering cough that hasn't quite gone away. 

Hi Rhaenys! I'm doing alright all things considered. Seems like everything in my house is breaking down at once and I'm paying repair bill after repair bill but that's just the nature of home ownership. Looking forward to Halloween and taking a vacation in November. How are you?

I'm enjoying the dragon show quite a bit but I am and have always been a Targ fan so it's tailor made for me. It feels good to have a weekly 'event' TV show again. Reminds me of when GoT was still good! :P 

Good to see you, it feels like a long time! Sorry about the home repairs but it must feel good to be a homeowner?

I fell behind on the show so it's not been a weekly event :P caught up now though so will do the last episodes weekly.

I'm getting into jam making? Why? Because Le Beau demands jam, that's why, and I must oblige!

On 10/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, KiDisaster said:

If it’s any comfort I can’t think of a family member who isn’t getting stuff fixed, installed. I suppose it’s the energy crisis as much as 30 year old homes slowly giving in. Everybody’s trying to go as energy saving as possible with some sort of remodel. 

Yay for the vacation! Where are you headed?

I’m all right, thanks. This has been a rather difficult year but I’m trying to scramble out on the other side. We do have an exciting autumn as my best friend is getting married and we have related events every weekend till the big day. It’s nice to have something happy and beautiful in the horizon.

It took some time but I did warm to the show thanks mostly to Paddy Considine. 

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm getting into jam making? Why? Because Le Beau demands jam, that's why, and I must oblige!

Jam making is a lovely hobby! Good luck :commie: what are you jamifying?( this can’t be a word but I like it :lol: ) 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sure jam making is a very useful hobby.

Still feel pretty crappy, am trying to beat my fever and air out the flat as much as possible.

Ah I’m so sorry. This thing is still so random it’s impossible to predict how it’s going to affect someone. Move around as much as you can in the flat and drink a lot fluids is what I had been advised six variants ago :( feel better soon! 

I am rewatching CXG because this is obviously what one does when sick and now I find myself tearing up all the time. Who knew it was such an emotional show?

I just started crying at 

Spoiler

Heactor's wedding :love:

and also the whole storyline that ends with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H-qzqQJsw:love: This song must be one of the most beautiful ones in the whole series.

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

If it’s any comfort I can’t think of a family member who isn’t getting stuff fixed, installed. I suppose it’s the energy crisis as much as 30 year old homes slowly giving in. Everybody’s trying to go as energy saving as possible with some sort of remodel. 

I’m all right, thanks. This has been a rather difficult year but I’m trying to scramble out on the other side. We do have an exciting autumn as my best friend is getting married and we have related events every weekend till the big day. It’s nice to have something happy and beautiful in the horizon.

It took some time but I did warm to the show thanks mostly to Paddy Considine. 

Jam making is a lovely hobby! Good luck :commie: what are you jamifying?( this can’t be a word but I like it :lol: ) 

Ah I’m so sorry. This thing is still so random it’s impossible to predict how it’s going to affect someone. Move around as much as you can in the flat and drink a lot fluids is what I had been advised six variants ago :( feel better soon! 

Exciting about the wedding! Hope you enjoy 

Too much and fruit isn't so cheap these days :lol: nothing unusual yet though...I didn't say I was good ag it :P

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am rewatching CXG because this is obviously what one does when sick and now I find myself tearing up all the time. Who knew it was such an emotional show?

I just started crying at 

Hide contents

Heactor's wedding :love:

and also the whole storyline that ends with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H-qzqQJsw:love: This song must be one of the most beautiful ones in the whole series.

I'm always extra emotional when sick so I get that. I rewatched earlier this year and the whole show just makes me smile. 

Much love and hope you beat the fever soon. Plenty of fluids, even if you don't always feel thirsty!

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Much love and hope you beat the fever soon. Plenty of fluids, even if you don't always feel thirsty!

Thank you. I feel a lot better today already.

:love:

Aaaaaand just watched the episode with the high school reunion. I started almost dancing on my couch at the song "What you missed while you were popular", which must be a sure sign that I am getting better. Then I teared up at the talk between

Spoiler

Valencia and Father Brah. :crying: :love: 

On 10/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Good to see you, it feels like a long time! Sorry about the home repairs but it must feel good to be a homeowner?

I fell behind on the show so it's not been a weekly event :P caught up now though so will do the last episodes weekly.

It has been a long time! It's good to see you too, and yes being a homeowner does feel good despite all of the bills and annoyances that come along with it. 

Jam making sounds like a great thing to get into. You can never have too much jam. 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I'm going to North Carolina for my cousin's wedding but that's only for a couple of days. After I get back I'll just be staycationing for the rest of the week. Sorry to hear you've had a rough year, I hope things start looking up. Congratulations to your best friend on the wedding! 

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. I feel a lot better today already.

Reveal hidden contents

Valencia and Father Brah. :crying: :love: 

Glad you're feeling better! :cheers:

On 10/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, The BlackBear said:

Man am I tired of living in interesting times. I'm doing alright, doing all the healthy things, but it's more or less a day to day vibe rn :mellow:

I might pirate it, not going to pay for yet another streaming service. I just can't get over how bad everyone seems to look with those wigs.

RoP is not great, but I'll probably stick with it, if only stubbornness sake.

greetings Brother Bear...i am damn glad to see you...:cheers:

I agree the excessive hair is stupid, but i like the dragons all being distinct individuals...and since the nieces pay for the hbo for me...in an effort to keep me out of the pub...i have been enjoying it.

as for the rings, i think it will improve over the next season now that most of the exposition is done...but i will stick with it as well even if it doesn't 

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings Brother Bear...i am damn glad to see you...:cheers:

I agree the excessive hair is stupid, but i like the dragons all being distinct individuals...and since the nieces pay for the hbo for me...in an effort to keep me out of the pub...i have been enjoying it.

as for the rings, i think it will improve over the next season now that most of the exposition is done...but i will stick with it as well even if it doesn't 

Nice to see you too chief!

I think there's a problem with long term TV, where the principal cast are all inherently 'good,' and super long lived elves, that just seems extremely hard to write. I find it hard to invest when the antagonists and protagonists almost never interact.

In GoT/Dragons world, interpersonal conflict is easy, just make half/most of the cast bastards.

I'm actually really enjoying HOTD so far, I think staying away from the discussion threads here and being less invested in the story and characters has done wonders for my viewing experience.

And it's nice to see so many old faces!

On 10/7/2022 at 1:38 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Congratulations! :cheers: yay for you, it’s a big milestone. Well time to celebrate first! the job hunt can sure wait a week or two :D 

and lovely to see people in this thread, so nice to hear from you guys! :wub: 

On 10/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations on graduating! :commie:

Thanks both :) 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, Buckwheat said:

First day off the isolation! :commie: I feel much better, I just still cough and have stuffed nose occasionally. I am going back to work on Monday.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I am still getting much better, I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Although getting up early won't be pleasant. I became used to going to sleep very late and getting up late as well. I need to do better tonight.

How is everybody?

Really glad to hear you’re doing better! How long did you isolate? Hope everything’s fine now and the cough clears up soon as well! 

Ugh I feel you. Somehow weaned myself back onto going to bed at or after midnight and mornings are a torture. I miss my 10pm bedtime grandma routine. 

I had a house chore heavy weekend so I’m now 60% caught up with my adult responsibilities which is much better than the 20% last week. Currently watching Lost with a dog napping in my lap. 

I had to isolate for 10 days. But it wasn't that bad because my whole family had covid, so we could still be together at home. I still cough now and talking a lot - like one does when one is, you know, a teacher - tires my voice quickly.

But at least I have the next week off! Because autumn holiday (which includes two public holidays). Soooo ... happy Reformation Day and All Saints!

Wow. I think you are required to isolate for 5 days here or fewer if you have a negative test in the meanwhile. But it really doesn’t matter because people just go to events and work while absolutely sick like it’s 2019. Sorry about the lingering symptoms, I’m sure it’ll clear up soon. 

I have next week off too, though schools don’t have an autumn holiday because it’s been attached to the winter one (making it 3 weeks long) - somehow this is more economical for institutions. :dunno: 

what do you plan for your week off?