Star Wars - We're ALL Being Tortured For No Reason

Relic

8 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

First, Din needs a new ship. With Bobba doing his own thing, I doubt Din will be able to use Slave I as a taxi service. So expect a side quest or two with Din getting a new ship.

Then, I expect a plot where Luke sends him a message that he needs his help, and Din has no hesitation with that, but probably some side quests first.

Then there's the Mandalore stuff, and a possible conflict with the Children of the Watch. Plus the Imperial plot regarding Grogu's blood, and who knows how long Gideon will actually stay a prisoner. And more side quests in between. Plenty of material.

He needs a new ship? Can't wait until Chewbacca shows up with the Millennium Falcon! [Some deranged SW fan who hates Rey probably]

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Heh, that does sound fun, albeit also quite a bit of work and I'm pretty lazy.  Although I guess with Disney+ it shouldn't be too hard - just keep two tabs open and hit pause.  Still gotta be cognizant of the runtime which would be annoying.  Maybe I'll give it a try in the next week or so though thanks - not much else to do!

2 hours ago, Toth said:

I guess you could argue that giving Mando a force-sensitive child and the quest to seek out Jedi made him inevitably run into the last remaining Jedi in the entire galaxy.

Yeah I'm pretty sympathetic to this argument.  I'd even say that inevitability makes the most sense based on the premise of the show.  At least until said Jedi becomes a recurring character this criticism strikes me as premature.

12 hours ago, DMC said:

Heh, that does sound fun, albeit also quite a bit of work and I'm pretty lazy.  Although I guess with Disney+ it shouldn't be too hard - just keep two tabs open and hit pause.

I'm sure someone else will have done the work for you with a downloadable fan edit, if you care to go looking. That should be a more enjoyable experience than repeatedly pausing to swap tabs.

22 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

:mellow:

Just a pathetic creative collapse if true. Like if the MCU just decided all the future movies could only take place before 'Endgame'.

"Coming in 2022, the untold story of why Tony Stark didn't get involved in the Helicarrier fight in Winter Soldier even though he was at home in NYC the whole time featuring a de-aged Robert Downey Jr!" Etc...

He fought with distinction at the battle of Geonosis. Also liberating Jango Fett's head from his body.

Mostly I think the Mace Windu worship comes from his portrayal in the Clone Wars cartoon. Especially the original Genndy Tartakovsky animated shorts.

The only way he comes back is as a corpse, frozen in carbonite, so Boba can hang him on the wall.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

He fought with distinction at the battle of Geonosis. Also liberating Jango Fett's head from his body.

Mostly I think the Mace Windu worship comes from his portrayal in the Clone Wars cartoon. Especially the original Genndy Tartakovsky animated shorts.

The only way he comes back is as a corpse, frozen in carbonite, so Boba can hang him on the wall.

If Maul survives being cut in half and falling down a pit, Windu can survive a bit of lightning and fallibg out a window.

5 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

If Maul survives being cut in half and falling down a pit, Windu can survive a bit of lightning and fallibg out a window.

He still shouldn't, though. Seems inevitable since Jackson's said a few time's he wants to do it. If they're gonna bring him back they should at least do it The Bad Batch where he's only been "dead" for a couple days or weeks before showing up. Then he can die for real long before Rebels.

5 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I saw the same prequels as everyone else right? Where Sam Jackson just sleepwalks through the dialogue and has no personality at all? Why do we want him back again?

Why are we still haunted by the popularity of Boba Fett? Macr Windu at least did something across his appearances...

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Also for those who've read it, Matthew Stover's Shatterpoint novel, which is excellent - one of the best SW books full stop.

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

He still shouldn't, though. Seems inevitable since Jackson's said a few time's he wants to do it. If they're gonna bring him back they should at least do it The Bad Batch where he's only been "dead" for a couple days or weeks before showing up. Then he can die for real long before Rebels.

*If* The Kenobi series features pre-purge flashbacks, I could see it.

4 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Samuel L. Jackson!

First of all, this.  Duh.  There needs no other explanation.  Second, other than Qui Gon he's the only Jedi introduced in the OT that is actually a discernible character.  Third, as the OT portrays it the Jedi Council basically consists of Yodi and Mace discussing issues with the rest of them just sitting there, he's the clear #2.  If all you did was watch the films, you'd know who Mace Windu is (even if you just referred to him as Sam Jackson), but most would be hard-pressed to identify Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, or Ki-Adi-Mundi (hell, I still had to look up that last one to check and make sure I got it right).  Fourth, and most importantly, before Rey he's the only one who actually really defeated the Emperor.  I mean, c'mon.  And, yeah, the purple lazersword.

Archived