Star Wars - We're ALL Being Tortured For No Reason

Relic

7 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I didn’t notice this, but I see what you mean. Not major I’d say, I’d personally stick with chronological.

It’s a single line of dialogue so it’s easy to miss.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, Caligula_K3 said:

Speaking of, the great rewatch continues. I finally finished the prequels and watched the two standalones, Solo and Rogue One.

We started a full rewatch the weekend before Christmas. We are up to Rebels at the moment. I found that watching ROTS (which I think I had only watched once before and hated) right after Clone Wars made it feel even more sad and disappointing. Anakin's trip to the dark side is very speedy. The Jedi Council are ridiculous. 

Mace Windu is equally as irritating in the CW as he is in the PT. That episode of CW where it's just him and Jar Jar is torturous. OTOH I loved the CW ep where it's just R2 and 3PO roaming around the galaxy. R2 is the best character in the whole SW universe. 

The comfort blanket of the original trilogy still lies ahead.

8 hours ago, Isis said:

Mace Windu is equally as irritating in the CW as he is in the PT. That episode of CW where it's just him and Jar Jar is torturous. OTOH I loved the CW ep where it's just R2 and 3PO roaming around the galaxy. R2 is the best character in the whole SW universe. 

I was blanking on this until I remembered I haven't actually watched Season 6 or 7 of CW yet (I picked up the Season 1-5 box Blu-Ray set a few years ago but hadn't gone past that), which I need to do since I have Disney+.

8 hours ago, Isis said:

We started a full rewatch the weekend before Christmas. We are up to Rebels at the moment. I found that watching ROTS (which I think I had only watched once before and hated) right after Clone Wars made it feel even more sad and disappointing. Anakin's trip to the dark side is very speedy. The Jedi Council are ridiculous. 

The comfort blanket of the original trilogy still lies ahead.

I haven't seen any of the animated shows, but a Mace Windu/Jar Jar episode sounds so bad that I think I need to watch it.

19 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I haven't seen any of the animated shows, but a Mace Windu/Jar Jar episode sounds so bad that I think I need to watch it.

Unfortunately it's two episodes.

12 hours ago, DMC said:

Unfortunately it's two episodes.

You're right. We had it on in the background while doing a 2000 piece SW jigsaw so some of it blurred. It was definitely cringingly horrible though.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

That's in my brain now.

Of course, the scene where they’re alone together and then Mace interrupts it turns out they’re actually just doing alien tai chi

14 hours ago, Maltaran said:

Of course, the scene where they’re alone together and then Mace interrupts it turns out they’re actually just doing alien tai chi

That bit was CUTE though. It was the only good bit in the entire JJ & Mace adventure time.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Gina Carano...

Has this ever happened before? I honestly can't remember an instance of an actor being fired from anything Star Wars.

I'd guess that's because most people aren't stupid enough to repeatedly make stupid comments.

New theory from the internet crazies going around that I'm not going to explain well.... So apparently Ahsoka is saved by Ezra in Rebels who travels in to the past in season 3-4 to save her from Vader at the end of season two using the world between worlds or whatever that place is.  However Rise of Skywalker has Ahsoka among the voices of the dead Jedi and the Emperor making new clones of Snoke.  Apparently one of the Disney canon novels specifically states that Luke's first student is Ben Skywalker at age ten.  Now as we saw at the end of Mandalorian S2 Luke has a student 5 years prior to that. 

So the theory goes that the sequel trilogy timeline is one where Ezra didn't save Ahsoka so she got killed by Vader.  Thus later on she isn't able to help get Baby Yoda to Luke which means the empire captures him again and is still able to make clones of Snoke 25+ years later.  Because she is alive Luke then gets baby Yoda which in turn stops Snoke from interfering with Ben thus.... you guessed it the sequel trilogy is being retconned.

Archived